• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Eragon AU. W/ Nienna

mythical

latest

Jason Matthews. A common name for a not so common guy. Jase, as some of his friends called him, or sometimes just "J," was one of the few humans with a dragon partner. See, the great war had ended, almost two hundered years ago now, and gone was the tyrannical rule of the dark riders and their king, Galbitorix. Now the new riders were rising up, but they lived in secret, trying to allow the wounded and distrustful population of humans to recover, and hopefully forget, all the evils that the previous generation of dragon riders had inflicted upon them.

Thus why, Jase and his hatchling, Sierra, lived in a set of canyons and underground elaborate cave systems seemingly in the middle nowhere. Him, and the others; a small group of riders, their dragons, and their mentors. They called it The Academy, not being ones for grandeur. Simple names were fine. He was sure it had a name in the ancient language to be its counterpart, but no one knew it.

Jase was one of the older trainees, and his dragon Sierra was not yet ready to begin rider training, so neither were any of the younger recruits. It was all good though, because his mentors made dang sure they were never lacking in things to do or study. At the moment, he was fifteen feet up in a tree studying a textbook on the ancient language, last minute cramming for his upcoming exam. Magic was not one of his strong suits, but he couldn't afford to fail this test. And the tree was merely his attempt to get away from the noise and chaos the rest of his classmates tended to create.

She wondered what kind of day it was outside, was it bright and beautiful with clear skies and blue stretching out indefinitely? It wasn't raining at least, there was light streaming down from one of the few skylights in the cavern. Kerschia had posited herself under the skylight, so when she looked up light bathed her face. She relished these moments, yes she might venture outside but they didn't live out there. The caverns were a marvelous place, a world inside the world. But she missed the fresh air, being in the woods, the only enclosed space being a cottage.

Kerschia had been with The Academy for almost a year now, being placed in the egg room every time there were eggs to hatch, but nothing ever happened. Everyone would pat her on the back, tell her next time it would happen. She smiled and said thank you, nodded her head in mock disappointment, it made them feel better. But really she didn't mind, she never had, that had never been why she was there. Really she was there by accident, she hadn't meant to find them, they found her. Kerschia had inteneded to find a small village and live in the hills. But in her endeavors to do this scouts found her and decided to take her in. Kind of the really, just unnecessary and a little uncomfortable really. So Kerschia just kept out of everyones way, she worked with plants, she made herbal remedies the old fashion and non magical kind. It was simple, it was safe.

(I hate to be this person, but could you add a bit more to that, to set me up for an interaction between the two of them?)

Kerschia rolled her the stiffness out of her shoulders as she stood up. She had been sitting in the same place for most the of morning and her body was telling her to move. Loathe as she was to leave the light she did need to stretch her legs and move around. Luckily the cave system was large enough this was never an issue, there was always somewhere to go, either by design or not. Most of the trainees where already spread out, some studying and others working with their dragons. She avoided the dragons when she could, instead she just walked, keeping her eyes froward.

[ooc.] thanks!

Jason let out a soft sigh, shutting his textbook with a snap. He swung down from the branch he was sitting on and tucked his book under his arm, dropping to the next branch below him. After repeating the process a few times, he landed solidly on the ground. Returning the book to his bag, he slung it over his shoulder and set out towards the caverns, ready to grab a snack before heading off to his next class, and to see Sierra. She would get cranky the longer he left her with the handlers instead of with him.

It was honestly really cute how attached she was. She used to sit on his shoulder all the time, even in class. She would just listen and comment, but eventually the professors ruled that the combined effort of their two brains was unfair to all the other students who were working solo. She had learned language very early on, whereas most hatchlings spoke to their partners in images and emotions, or merely linked their thoughts directly, rather than telepathically communicating in English. But Sierra was smart, and had always helped him. She thought differently than he did, and their two perspectives worked well together.

Jase grabbed a peach from the dining hall and made his way through the hallways, eating as he went, dripping juice on the floor. He could be described as very nonchalant and chill about many things, and that often came off as a lack of care, but in reality he was just easy going. As the young man made his way towards the upper floor, where all the hatchlings lived, he spotted a classmate of his, and cast a smile in her direction, waving to get her attention. Hey, Kerschia! How's it going? He called out, heading over to join her.

Kerschia lifted her head, turned in the direction of the voice. She didn't interact very much with the riders, or even the others in the cavern, but it was impossible not to occasionally.
"Jason," She smiled softly, stopping where she was. Jason seemed a nice enough young man. He appeared cheerful all the time and was more experienced with the dragons that most, being one of the older trainees. It was because if was nice and cheerful she had spoken to him a few more times than the others, and it was because he was an more experienced rider she tried to avoid him.

Jason nodded, acknowledging her greeting. He took another bite of his peach, and having almost finished it, he chucked it sideways into the bushes. Ants would surely get to it. You didn't answer my question, Kerschia. He teased, smiling to let her know he was just messing around. How's it going? Been having a good day so far? He asked, stifiling a yawn as he leaned against the wall. Man, he should've slept more last night.

"This day is much like all the others Jason, it is a fine day," Kerschia shrugged, a soft smile upon her lips. there wasn't much to distinguish the days from each other. Mostly she was waiting until they game up trying to make her a rider and she could slip away, back into the wild. "And how has your day been?" she asked quickly, no point starting a deep conversation about the turning of time.

Jason raised an eyebrow. Her response struck him as odd. Who would, when asked how they were, reply with 'it's the same as every other day?' That seemed a little off, like she wasn't alright. Everything OK, Kerschia? He asked, tilting his head subconsciously to get a straighter line of vision on her face. He didn't know her very well, they hardly ever talked, and when they did, it was because he had initiated the conversation. She liked to keep to herself, and he wasn't really sure why. He knew she didn't have a hatchling, everyone did, actually, but surely that couldn't be the reason. She just didn't seem like she wanted to fully be a part of what was going on at the Academy. She was always awol.

"It's fine, But you didn't answer my question." she laughed, steering him away from that line of conversation. It was risky and she didnt feel like taking a such a risk, they were days out from another ceremony, passing hopefuls in front of eggs. She hoped after another failed attempt they might let her leave, or she could find a way to disappear.

Jason let out a laugh, surprised. He had never been called out with his own words before. An easy grin spread across his face. You're right, I suppose I didn't. He chuckled. I'm doing okay, actually. A little stressed about this ancient language exam I have coming up, but other than that, I'm alright. He said, oblivious to her successful attempt to change the subject matter. He shifted his backpack on his shoulder, and suddenly directed his attention in the direction of the caverns, where an angry Sierra was calling out to him with her mind. You'd better be on your way to come get me away from this handler, boy. Her voice growled in his mind, sass exuding from every word. He chuckled again to himself before turning back to his companion. My hatchling is cranky at me for ditching her, I'm about to head that way. Would you like to come?

[ooc.] sorry it took so long, I've been really busy today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back