Episode 2: Utter Mayhem

full

Mood: - What? The? Actual? Fuck?

With: - McNabb, Lucas (RIP, bro), Victoria, Katherine, Kyle, Praxi, Eden, Tabby, Leon, Jordan, Crazy Bird-guy.

Tags: - @Bag o Fruit @Gus @KingHink @Ryuuko Shin @St Indigo @Suzuki Mine @Swoob @Teh Frixz @Unlimited @Zahzi @DJ MagicHat

Other: -
Danny Travis

Danny watched as the Titanic Teen Twat tripped over and disappeared from view. Meanwhile, the French Prick was being set upon by some ugly bald-ass birds and the Bird-riding morons were still posturing. No, wait, the Scrapbox Shitface just tackled Birdbrain and probably broke something important. He hoped it was both their necks. Before he had time to figure his next move, the double-glazed chick ran past him shouting, "Daniel! Let them handle the crazy guy! Please, we need to go help Tabitha!"

He responded in the only way he knew, "Hey, fuck you, only my Probation Officer calls me Daniel, bitch!"

But yet, his feet were already moving and he was easily catching up to the girl. She was way out of peak fitness, he surmised as his rangy lope brought him up level with her in a few athletic bounds. He noticed the bundle of clothes she was carrying.

"So that's all her gear, huh?", he asked, trying to sound uninterested, "Kind've a poor power if you can make yourself super-tall but can't adjust your clothes to match, huh? I wonder what she calls herself, 'The Fifty-foot Nudist'? 'Skyhigh Streaker'? It's got to be something the Commonwealth had to think hard over."

He chuckled to himself, imagining the guy who'd interviewed him years back trying to keep a straight face as they sorted through name options.

Avecca

on behalf of: @welian

tag list:@Anomaly@CloudyBlueDay@Giyari@Gus@Manic Muse@Suzuki Mine@welian@Aldur@RemainingQuestions

She'd almost made it. Two more steps and she'd have had a clean shot at the spare classroom at the end of the hall. Her cable harness was nowhere near as fast as the speed demon, or even the fire demon, but they didn't corner so well. Once she made that corner, the window at the top of the stairs would have provided egress for extraction.

Could have, should have, would have. The demons were just too quick.

The speedster, the one called Ioanna, got to her first with an expertly landed elbow to the right obliquus capitis superior, one of the 'sweet spots' for concussion. Her head snapped forward and twisted to the left simultaneously, and the whole world went blurry. Well trained combat instincts guided Avecca's right fist downwards and back; if the assailant's elbow is here, her solar plexus will be there. The thief harbored no illusions about being able to develop the necessary force to cause real harm to a demon, but perhaps the million or so joules stored in the 1000 volt capacitor in her fist would give the monster pause before attacking again?

Ironically, the concussion probably saved the thief's life by knocking her sprawling into the hallway, and out of the way of the worst of the flame demon's rage. Her suit was singed, and her hair had caught fire, but to judge by the flaming hole in the door where her head had just been, that attack had been meant to kill.

As her body flopped limply to the floor, her right cheek landed in something wet, startling her awake. Gotta stay awake. Down the hallway she saw two teachers peeking around the corner. The one with the mop was extra blurry, and the files sprang to mind again. He'd make a good anchor. Might not even try to kill her. She pointed at his blurry demon face, and the left coil obligingly shot out at him like a harpoon.

9cbff4e8f84a52280eb22dadb51eb93f-jpg.294113

Chapter: Party in the CIA

Tags: @Captifate @Bag o Fruit, @Necessity4Fun, @TerraBooma, @ViAdvena, @welian

She didn't spin around, only angled her head slightly so she could see who was behind her. A pretty lass with fair, long hair that draped over her shoulders, like a princess right out of a fairy tale stood right behind her. She was almost consumed by her innate desire to ask her for her number, but stopped short of it, and brought herself back into the dire situation. Instead, she growled "What the fuck? Where did YOU come from?" At the corner of her eyes, she could see a peculiar spatial distortion. A portal, perhaps? She had fiddled around with enough games and movies to sort of figure that out from just a glance. Just further behind, she saw the redhead, clutching at a wound, and looking not so hot. That would have been so hot, if she wasn't bleeding life juice. It took her a moment before it struck her. The lady had been shot. An expression of horror shot through her features, but was quickly masked over by a stony expression, before she turned her attention back to the smoke cloud that was already beginning to thin in the open space.

"And HOW do you suppose I know where the nearest ER is?" Her words were laced with poison, as always, but her tough exterior was betrayed by the cold sweat breaking out on her skin. Did she miss something? When was the lady shot? She had made sure that she was standing right in front of her- any bullet meant for the lady was going to have to pass through her first. Last she checked, she hadn't gained a new hole to breathe out of. Lady Luck was DEFINITELY putting her out to sleep on the couch that day. She held one hand out behind her, signalling to the portal girl.

"You seem like you know your way around. You get the pretty miss outta this mess. Maybe we can get coffee together later and chat about our day. I'll try and stand my ground here." She wasn't very sure of her own words as she said them. This was problematic. She wondered just how many guns she could pull from their hands before they started unloading on her. Silently, she offered a prayer to her Lady Luck, and dropped a question as to what she did to deserve this chain of events.

On the bright side, though, she seemed to be meeting a lot of cute ones today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron Mallory

PXQnTgf.jpg

Nearby: Denzil and Avecca

Mood: Oh good, the chaos is back.

@s @Anomaly @CloudyBlueDay @Giyari @Manic Muse @Suzuki Mine @welian @DJ MagicHat @Aldur @RemainingQuestions

Aaron had just time enough to think “Why did they let her out in the hall?” When there is the telltale flickering light of flame and a doppler shifted 'whoosh' as the source approaches the door. Another, deeper whoosh peaks in a crack as the sound barrier is breached, and then ends with a sickening thud, pitching the pale skinned intruder headlong into the hallway and facedown into the edge of the lake of coffee residue. There is more firelight now coming from his classroom, and wisps of black smoke. He starts to take a step forward when a small steel spike trailing cable hits him square in the mouth. Instinctively he closes his mouth, catching the spike inside. It tastes like a roll of quarters spackled with gypsum dust and asbestos. Before he can spit it out, the intruder's cable reels in and she comes flying down the hallway toward him and DeKlerk. Nearly before he can blink, she is upon him, striking him heavily in the face. He flinches, afraid she may have hurt herself. The hip spool made a terrible metallic crunching noise during the impact, and perhaps something else went crunch in her hip as well. A split second later, his arms rise up to catch her, as he lowers his upper body to soften the catch. He is especially careful to cradle her head; Ioana's hit is sure to have given her a concussion. He glances over at DeKlerk.

Our visitor has had a busy day. Do you remember the standard list of diagnostic questions for concussion? I just had to use them yesterday, but I can't for the life of me seem to remember them.”

And with that, the fire alarm goes off, along with all the sprinklers on the second floor. Shouting over the klaxons and the pouring down water, Aaron leans over to DeKlerk to be heard. “Well... At least I won't need to mop up!”

58748514-d6c6-462d-8d0b-a7e5a4fe6d96.png

Post Details

Hannah had, thus far, been taking things fairly well. Izzy had been half expecting a flying fist to the face, after what had taken place. In her humble opinion, a lot of the students around the school seemed to be rather testy. Once the stall door slowly opened and Hannah offered up a soft smile, Izzy stopped preparing to flee.

"What's your name...?"

Izzy offered up a cheesy Cheshire cat grin. Her tail was climbing high into the air behind her. She was thrilled that Hannah wanted to know her name, not a coffin size.

"Me? Oh, I am Izzy. Er, I mean Isabella Chase, but most-"

A sound resembling an explosion erupted from just beyond the doorway causing the door to sway. The tips of Izzy's ears twitched, working to bat away the discomfort from, yet another, loud sound. Registering that the noise was Aaron sneezing, based on a nasally tone his voice had taken just outside, Izzy suddenly looked sheepish.

"Oops, I think that was my fault."

Certain she had something to do with the sneeze, her head sunk down into her shoulders, as she looked down to see her coffee drenched pants. Shuffling over to the sink, she collected a paper towel and began working, in vain, to clean them.

Quickly discovering that cleaning her outfit with cheap paper towels was a lesson in futility, Izzy looked meekly to Hannah.

"I have a change of clothes in my backpack back, in the classroom. Would you please come with me to get it? I keep breaking Mr. Mallory and...the other girls are mean. I am scared to go alone."

Yes, it was a lot to ask. Considering only a few minutes ago, Izzy had been determined to end Hannah. However, that did not stop Isabella Chase for working to use the cuteness factor to get her way. Those pale blue eyes seemed to double in size and glisten in the light of the poorly lit bathroom. There was even a pout of her lower lip, to add to her pleading gaze of despair. Whether this look was achieved because of her age, cat like appearance, or by sheer will was uncertain. However, it had always been a quite effect tactic in the past.

After a few moments of her pleading expression, Izzy slowly began to head toward the doorway. Cautiously tugging the door open, her attention was quickly locked on the blue haired girl, now in the hallway.
"At least she might get an answer about those cool cable things!" Geez, this school was crazy.

Denzil de Klerk

Mood: Angry

@'s: @Anomaly @CloudyBlueDay @Giyari @Manic Muse @Suzuki Mine @welian @DJ MagicHat @Aldur @Gus

Denzil stepped outside just as the sprinklers sprang on, and for a moment he only gaped. Two students, his or just his facilty, but two students had just attempted to murder another person. Considering Aaron's reaction it was likely the intruder, but she was still a human being. With a fierce anger that was hardly ever felt he glanced at the still smouldering door frame. Then his focus was pulled back to the situation at hand. The intruder, and god, she looked young enough to be a mandatory student here, had had a fierce blow to the head. The standard questions, yes. Denzil took a deep breath, and let the anger shift away for concern. "What's your name?" He didn't know the answer, but that wasn't important, what was important was if she knew the answer.

He looked at her face, her eyes, and her pupils, but also her mouth, if a side of it started hanging. If Aaron put her down he would see if one of her shoulders was hanging, and god he hoped not. Hanging shoulders or a drooping corner of the mouth would mean a bleeding in the brain, and then the speedster could run her to A&E, no matter the reason for the punch. With a heavy heart Denzil realized that even that might not be fast enough. Only a moment had passed, and he already realized that this spy, young and with her life ahead, might be killed. Killed by his own students, hardly any distance away from him. Denzil extended his hand, to lay on her shoulder, but let it rest on the air to see if she would even allow him to. "I know it might be a silly question, but I really need to know your name." He didn't let his eyes move away from hers, and tried with everything in him to show in his tone of voice and the way he held his body that he meant no harm.

Denzil risked a quick glance at Aaron, and he was sure his fear of losing this life showed. In that glance he realized that her hip had crunched when she had landed, likely the machinery, but likely her hip as well. That, combined with the fight, or flight, that she was just in, and adrenaline was likely making it harder to gauge the degree of her head injury. He swallowed. Denzil wasn't an old teacher, but due to the nature of his course and students, he had seen a lot, but never, not once, had someone died in front of him. Because of his negligence, it could be argued. He didn't glance away from the girl's eyes again.

Asher Torchinovich

The Ravemaster

Location: Second floor hallway, outside the Collateral Damage classroom

Tags: @Aldur @Anomaly @CloudyBlueDay @Giyari @Gus @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions @Suzuki Mine @welian

OOC: Blood loss is hard.

The next few moments seemed to happen in the blink of an eye, and yet in slow motion at the same time. This newcomer, whoever she was, suddenly flew towards the door. After what sounded like a threat on the lives of everyone in the room, the students swarmed her, and she went flying out into the hallway.

By the time Asher had gotten to his feet and grabbed his guitar again, she was already zipping down the hall...right into-

"Mister Mallory!" he called out. "Mister DeKlerk! I see you've met our guest now, as well. Are you two alright? She seems to have been causing quite a bit of havoc."

By this point, he had reached the other two instructors, to whom he flashed a subtle wink before stumbling to a halt and continuing.

"I had a couple more tricks up my sleeve to try and keep her occupied, but I'm glad we seem to have been able to resolve this," he continued. "As you can see, we've had significant...damage, yes, to the classroom..." he noticed the tar lake in the hallway as he added, "...and apparently elsewhere, too. I do hope you're alright, Aaron."

He wobbled. "Dear me, I don't recall shouting over the fire alarms being this much effort before," he half-mumbled, half-yelled over the din. "...And...were those little specks always there on the walls? My word, this has gotten quite heavy...would you mind holding this?"

Slowly, carefully, he took his guitar off his shoulders and set it against a wall, away from the tar and the other damaged parts of the hallway.

"...There. Not to worry, Sebastian, won't plug you in again until you're nice and dry." He turned to face his fellow instructors again. "Oh, and one...one last thing. Please keep an eye on the students for me for now. Specifically, I will need to talk to Miss Alexis, Miss Viola, and Miss Hannah later. Most likely when...Director...Director Swan...returns. And now...If, uh...if you don't mind...goodnight."

And with that, Asher quietly walked to one side of the hallway, bumped into the wall, stumbled back a bit, and half-sat, half-collapsed to the floor in a heap.

rough-day-brk.regular.png

6b6da066d1b2c9af6d9b705195929d7e.jpg

Tags: @Aldur @Anomaly @DJ MagicHat @Giyari @Gus @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions @Suzuki Mine @welian

Mood: Overwhelmed

Group: Spyfall

OOC: regert --> fuck regert just be anger

Unfortunately, the cold-blooded killer got to Avecca first. Fortunately, that probably saved Alexis from going to jail for murder, for real this time. She was a ticking time bomb today -- two months with no incidents, and then bam, all of a sudden, she was punching teachers and flying towards intruders with the intention to kill. Alexis blinked as she looked up at the hole burnt through the door -- it had been so long since she'd had her limiter off, she'd forgotten how easy it was to go from zero to a hundred real quick. Had she, or had she not meant to come after the blue-haired girl with such vigor? Alexis was surprised to find she could not say.

Frozen in place, chest heaving, eyes still a bright red, fists still flaming and wings of fire still protruding from her back, Alexis stared in awe as after Avecca had been brutally elbow'd in the head and promptly made another move towards Aaron, he picked her up and coddled her. And then the sprinklers went off.

"Godfuckingfuckdammit!" Alexis shouted. Where the hell did they get such heavy duty sprinklers?! Alexis covered her head with her arms, the light in her eyes disappearing in an instant, her fire wings and flame-enveloped hands becoming normal once more as Alexis was drenched. "Oh, and one...one last thing. Please keep an eye on the students for me for now. Specifically, I will need to talk to Miss Alexis, Miss Viola, and Miss Hannah later. Most likely when...Director...Director Swan...returns. And now...If, uh...if you don't mind...goodnight."

Alexis's eyes widened as the teacher crumpled to the floor.
"Oh.. no." She whispered. "Oh, fuck, no. He fucking passed out." She rubbed her eyes and dragged her hand over her face, covering her mouth and then spinning on her heels, turning her back to the teachers, clenching her fists at her sides. "I fucked everything up. Holy shit. I fucked it all up."

Then she turned right back around, entirely soaked, staring at Denzil and Aaron, teeth bared angrily.
"W-why are you -- why are you --.." She wanted to scream at them for holding Avecca like a precious little baby. She was an intruder! She was a spy! The teachers should be protecting their own fucking students, not her! Not her! But she couldn't find the words the shout her frustrations, and instead, she stared at them angrily before kicking the wall with an aggravated shout.

embed.php

Location: The ruined Baltimore Mall, Frank's Fowl Roost => Atrium Ruins

With: The warm and innocent corpses of the fallen, God help us all (@Aldur @Giyari @Guilded Clover @RemainingQuestions @Zahzi)

Mood: There can be only despair

OOC: Angels with a Shotgun

Just as the distant sounds of the chaos reached her ears and hinted at how severe the situation was, Minah's world was rocked by a chain of massive explosions, car after car in the parking lot detonating like a twisted fireworks display. Her ears, overwhelmed by the sheer noise of the explosions, seemed on the verge of bursting, that she couldn't even hear herself scream out in panic. An errant shockwave sent her reeling and poor old Murder of Crows blacked out soon after.

As the calm set in once more, Minah arose in a now disheveled bird shop. The windows had been shattered by the blasts and several bird cages lay haphazardly on the floor as she was. Frank had presumably fled the premises while she was out cold, as had the birds, apparently. The girl was left alone. Not wanting to stay that way, she slowly got to her feet and exited Frank's Fowl Roost, fleeing one aftermath for another.

The mall looked like a warzone. Rubble, debris and smoke littered the what was supposed to be peaceful facility. Survivors like her walked without direction, dazed by the intensity of it all. And those who were less fortunate...lay strewn almost anywhere she looked. Her eyes anywhere but looking in front of her, Minah barely tripped over the broken body of a security guard, laying in a pool of his own blood and his chest riddled with bullet holes. The gruesome image was one way too close to home. One memory relapse later...

And just like that, she is back in the jungles of Aceh, helpless and vulnerable, trembling fingers gripping a poorly made AK-47. This is her first time being forcibly deployed into the heat of battle. Gunfire and artillery strikes all around her, she hides behind a palm tree, sheltering both from enemy gunshots as well as the cruel reality she had been placed in. It was never supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be just a family vacation, just a
relaxing, family, vacation. But no matter how often she repeats those words, the horror will not go away. Out of the blue, a National Army soldier manages to ambush her and soon she is staring down the barrel of a modern battle rifle. And yet the soldier hesitates. His mind is strong. He does not want to kill a child. Minah, however, is panicking. She cannot think straight anymore. She does not hesitate as she pulls down hard on the trigger of her weapon, hot lead showering the hapless soldier. He lays dead on the forest floor. Minah soon realizes what she has done. She has taken a life. She has stooped to the level of her captors. Confronted with that horrible, horrible fact, she couldn't do anything.

Anything but scream.

And scream she did. Minah cried out with the most sincere form of despair. Body shaking, falling to her knees, the sound of her inner demons rung resounding, piercing through the eerie calm of the mall. Tears flooded down her face as she screamed her lungs out, ruining the mascara she had spent an hour perfecting earlier. Like a burst water pipe, the strife pent up in her inner mind was ejecting violently and manifesting as anguish the likes of which only veterans have ever seen. In the midst of all this, her powers worked behind the scenes.

Waves of pure dolor were sent through Baltimore, thus allowing every bird in a very large radius a taste of the despair she felt. The avians translated this as distress. They went wild, fluttering around and squawking as if possessed. Crows, Minah's 'spirit animals', instantly flocked to the mall, coming murder after murder in response to the distress signal. A black mass of feathers soon materialized above the ruined mall.

If you were willing to succumb to pareidolia, the flock just barely looked like a massive skull. A black skull against the blueness of the sky.

tumblr_ncq1nwcBed1s2pa95o1_500.gif

[/centerblock]

Aaron Mallory

PXQnTgf.jpg

Qos69G9.png

Collaboration with Welian

Nearby: Denzil and Avecca, Asher, and six students in two clusters.

Mood: What the hell?

@s @Anomaly @CloudyBlueDay @Giyari @Manic Muse @Suzuki Mine @welian @Aldur @RemainingQuestions @DJ MagicHat

Denzil was leaning in closely, trying to make eye contact with the girl, asking her name. Aaron shifted her slightly to help her meet Denzil's gaze. He leaned in also, and repeated the question, genuinely worried now that she wasn't answering.

It was all Avecca could do not to roll her eyes at them. Pathetic. Teachers? What kind of lessons were they expressing to their students, fussing over her like this? An intruder. A spy. An enemy. If their teachers were this stupid, how dim must the students be? More to the point how stupid did they think SHE was, putting on this solicitous act, and asking patronizing questions. No wonder they looked so blurry... Wait a minute... only one of them was supposed to be blurry.

Mmmm- my nnnn-ame izz Aaav- Aaav-”

A trickle of fear wormed its way up from her belly to her heart, which began to pound. They weren't interrogating her with stupid questions, they were checking her for concussion! How hard had she been hit? Hard enough to end her utility? Better to have been killed in performing her duties than to return in failure, unable even to say her own name. She shut her eyes tightly. Would not cry. The water from the sprinklers would conceal it from them, but she would know. Emotions were for animals. Not for her.

Would not cry. Be strong. Concentrate. Say your name.

She grits her teeth and growls:

Mmy name iz Avvecca! It iz Ssaturday, Jannuary 14, twenty forrty. I am inn facili...tee 108 The hearrt of the Enemmy. I know who I am, animals, and I know whoo YOU are.”

She opened her eyes and glares at them. Defied them to patronize her further with foolish questions... but they just looked relieved to hear her speak, which deflates her righteous anger as thoroughly as derision would have stoked it. Her head didn't feel right. Why were her emotions so unstable? Her thoughts felt foreign to her, as if contaminated by talking to these FILTHY DEMONS!

Aaron breathed a sigh of relief. Slurred speech was not great, but clearly she was still thinking with complexity and abstraction about the world, as well as hitting the fundamentals: identity, time, and place orientation. He glanced at Denzil, arching an eyebrow and half smiling. He leaned down to make eye contact with the girl, and so as not to have to shout so much over the fire alarm.

That'll do. Glad to officially meet you, Avecca. I think you are going to be ok. We're going to bring you over to the clinic and get you squared away, all right?”

Turning to DeKlerk, he shouted, “Policy says to get over to the clinic during fire drills, right? I'll take Avecca. Could you round up what's left of my class please? Have Alexis carry Asher, and let her know if any further harm comes to him she will answer directly to me."

"Ah, Isabelle! Didn't see you there! Could you get Sevan and Hannah out of their stalls please? We have to get to the clinic and shut off the fire alarm. And please, leave our visitor's climbing harness alone!”

Speaking of which, Aaron suddenly remembered the ominous crunching sound the winch had made when it hit him in the face. Holding Avecca a little away from him, he took a peek at it. The mechanism was totally smashed, but more alarmingly something warm and wet was leaking from it, and has soaked the front of his shirt. He had failed to notice in the spray of the sprinklers. For a moment he feared she has broken a hip and ruptured her lateral femoral artery, but then he realized the fluid is bright blue. Some kind of lubricant for the spool perhaps?Anyway, best to get moving. Trusting Denzil to the rest of it, he started toward the stairs. As he rounded the corner, and the sound of the alarm lessened momentarily he leaned in again and told the girl: “Sorry about your climbing harness. It looks like this spool is stove up pretty bad, and leaking an awful lot of blue fluid. We'll get you out of it when we get to the clinic.”

Turning his attention to negotiating the wet, still coffee slicked stairs, he failed to see Avecca's eyes widen in alarm, and beteen the droning of the alarm and the patter of the sprinklers, he certainly didn't hear her mutter

“Oh... bleeding? Bleeding is not good.”

01.jpg

Name: Victoria Beckett

Mood: Blindsided

Company: Danny, Tabitha, Kyle

Tags:
@Captain Hesperus @Teh Frixz @Gus @Bag o Fruit @Zahzi @St Indigo @Suzuki Mine @Swoob @Unlimited @DJ MagicHat @welian

Plot/Class: Community Service, Flight of the Valkeryie

Other: Victoria is actually in good shape.

If this had been a less pressing situation, Victoria might have snapped a retort back at Danny, though probably only something lame like wear a nametag or something. However by the time he caught up with her it was already out of her mind as she approached the Giants cloth.
"Just her jacket and shoes. Apparently she didn't have the foresight to strip down the rest of the way." She told him as she dropped them to the side so she could use both her hands to feel through the lumps in the cloth to try and find Tabitha. "Poor girl is going to be plastered all over the internet. But anybody who could wreck a city in a hop and a skip would not be the wisest person to antagonize. As for the Commonwealth, I don't think they care two shits save for what they get out of eee---"

Victoria failed to finish the sentence because as she was on the cloth it moved out from her feet. Tossing her onto her back, leaving her to look up at the sight that began to unfold. The cloth began to take the shape of, to her, some horrific mimic of what it had once clothed. She couldn't help but stare as it clawed at itself as looked like it wanted to makes its innards outards. If her arms had not been propping herself up, she probably would have covered her ears at its wailing. This, was nothing compared to what happened next, and she would only be able to describe it like a cross between watching it melt and watching a water balloon pop in slowmo. She had barely the time to stand up as it turned to whatever liquid it has.

That ichor. It fell upon her like a waterfall, drowning her in its blackness. Compeltely submerging her until it spread outwards. The force of it knocked the air out of her lungs and made her see stars as it sent her tumbling and sliding a few yards away. As she came to a stop, laying on her back once more, she rolled over onto her side and spat out a mouthful of it before trying to cough the ichor out and inhale fresh air in at the same. She was quite stunned, having no idea what just happened. The ichor having hit her with the force of the proverbial ton of bricks. With a shaky hand she reached up to feel if her limiter was still there... which of course it was because she couldn't see anything. The ichor having coated every bit of her, she reached up with a slimed hand and tried to clean the slimed visor making as much progress as you might expect. Virtually none. She wiped enough too see light but that was about it. It was everywhere... like... everywhere everywhere. She was covered in it. Head to toe. Inside and out. Just ichory black all over. She could even feel it begin to drip down the bridge of her nose, where there was supposed to be a seal, which was a horrifying concept to her because of what that could mean. Giving that she couldn't hear widespread destruction (caused by her) she was momentarily in the clear.

Speaking of hearing... that was all she had at the moment, not being able to see, even after trying to wipe off the viewport of her limiter again. She was just too mucked up. Hell, she didn't even know which direction she was facing anymore.
"Danny?" She called breathlessly, only to try and spit out more of the black stuff. "Tabitha? Kyle?" If they had gotten slimed too, she didn't know. "I can't see." She said through gritted teeth, also slightly blackened from ichor. Oh yeah. Like saying that didn't make her sound useless at all. But at least hearing somebody would help her get her bearings again... She would then push herself up into her hands and knees, trying not to slip in the oily substance. It did no good just laying there... but god what the hell just happened.

Violapost.png

Mood: - Focused

Company: - Alexis, Asher, Ioana, Avecca, Aaron, Denzel

@'s: -
@Aldur @Anomaly @CloudyBlueDay @Giyari @Gus @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions @Suzuki Mine @welian

Young dripping wet women, are ready to help you out!
Viola Porter

"Alexis calm down! Keep your head straight, we can't afford to let anything slip by us." Viola shouted as she watched her classmate hit a panic and their "prisoner" fly into Ioana then crumple into their teacher like a sack of potatoes against the side of an oak tree. At least she wasn't going anywhere quick now, the electrical discharges from her suit had died down on impact with Mr Mallory, they seemingly couldn't withstand the impact against the singularity shaped man. What it might have done to the girl though was equally worrying...It would be preferable if she lived.

The sprinkler system kicking in was something that was bound to happen sooner or later, but with the moisture raining down on them Viola found her electrical discharges dying down. The droplets interrupted their pathways across her body, shorting the bolts out on her soaked clothes and skin... she hated rain. With her power useless, Viola reigned it in and took a few steps towards Alexis, locking eyes with the hot-head.

"We need you focused, you're our powerhouse deterrent just now and you're no good to us in a panic." Her words were sincere, as much as Viola didn't get on with Alexis, she knew fine well how strong she could be. The phoenix like girl was no doubt just as strong as Viola herself, but the given that she wasn't reliant on machinery to move, and that her entire body could transform, Alexis was probably the more versatile between the two of them, maybe. Saying that, she seemed to be just as disadvantaged by the sprinklers as Viola was, it was in their best interests to do as Mallory said and evacuate the building if they had to defend against who or whatever Raguel was if it was "here".

Viola listened to what she could of Mallory's words over the alarm, "...over to the clinic... ...Alexis carry Asher..."she caught enough of his instructions to make a move. The quicker they were out of this wet and noise the better, she could hardly think straight and her soaked clothes were clinging to her body sapping all the warmth from her skin, not a great thing considering the time of year.

Giving Alexis a nod of her head towards Asher, the age old motion for "help me out here", Viola moved towards the slumped teacher and put one of his arms over her shoulders, pulling the green haired man off the floor and taking most of his surprisingly light weight onto her body before beginning down the corridor after Mallory, and a trail of blue drips dissipating across the puddle strewn floor.

Jason_Swan.png

Mood: - Resolute.

Company: -Eve Knox, Hunter Ward, 1 Knight,Numerous survivors, countless dead. Luci, Cherie-Amour, and Gavin, all nearby.

@'s: -
@Aldur, @Zahzi, @Teh Frixz @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions @Lazy Rocktime @Guilded Clover

Other: - This post was brought to you with the

Director Swan - Audio
Jason opened his eyes to the carnage once more, he couldn't afford to waste time grieving over a dead stranger, the living needed him more. She would surely understand if she could see him, if the universe indeed worked that way at all. The panicked screams were starting to die down, now it was mostly just crying and pain, the sounds of those that were still breathing.

Looking around the room, Jason took in the eyes looking his direction. Disdain, worry, hopelessness, anger, and eyes that cried for help, eyes looking for leadership, someone to pull them together, someone to convince them that everything would indeed be okay. Sure some people would surely blame the supers, no doubt the same people who have harboured resentment towards his kind all their life and were clamouring for an excuse to justify their hate, and as much as their eyes burned holes through Jason's skin, there were many, if not more, who were crying out silently for guidance. Jason couldn't abandon them, he was the Director of 108, he trained heroes for a living, he had watched many heroes, friends even, fight and die to keep the peace and to better the world... he had to be the best he could be of all of this was for nothing, their memories would be for nothing! He couldn't do that to them. He was a hero, and he would fucking show the world how a hero should be.

Quietly Audio got to his feet, taking a deep breath he steadied his nerves and looked across the crowds. Taking note of Red pinning down a knight that had failed to escape, Klaus tending to those he could despite his earlier performance, a number of familiar faces, students, who despite their age and the terror filling their being, were trying their damnedest to do right by those around them... Eve... Eve was in a bad way,. With careful steps through the rubble that had fallen from the stage, Audio made his way towards his injured colleague.

"This... this is our fault. We underestimated a foe we had no knowledge of. A foe that was willing to slaughter innocent people to make their point, a foe that was willing to spread chaos to paint supers in a bad light. For that, I am deeply sorry, our very existence has spurred this on, it's brought you pain, suffering, and filled your heads with hate and fear." Jason spoke firmly towards the crowd around him as he approached Eve.

Blood oozed from between her fingers where shrapnel had sliced apart her face, she was in a bad way.

"Jericho... Can you hear me, you're badly injured but I promise I will take care of you. Just, hold on for me. We'll get you home." His words were soft, comforting. Words and a soothing hand on Eve's shoulder was all he could offer her at the moment. For all the battles Jason had been through, this was something he could never get used to, the sight of a comrade he could do little for. He could only hope proper aid arrived quickly.

"Klaus, can you make up some sort of numbing agent? Not too strong, just to take the edge off." the Director asked calmly to his acquaintance. Klaus visited the facility often, usually with some poor child who's powers needed extra work in tow, was he hear with someone today? Jason couldn't be sure.

"It shouldn't have been this way! Powers exist to protect, to advance society, to curb violence and to protect those who cannot protect themselves!" Jason paused, shooting a glance towards Eve once more. "Today we failed, and we have paid the price... as have you. It's a price that the public should never, ever, have to pay! We failed, I can 't change that... What we can do, what supers can do, is stop this from getting any worse. It is down to us supers to put the pieces back together. The knights will pay for their bloodshed, they will pay dearly. I wont rest until you get the justice you deserve." Jason continued, his voice hoarse from anger towards the knights for the senseless destruction they caused, each word he spoke overflowed with sincerity. The knights would indeed pay for this, Jason would personally see that their deity, Raguel, crumbled to dust before their eyes.

To Audio words were literal weapons, each one he spoke he truly meant, each phrase he uttered he made sure hit it's mark, and now, every word he let loose was aimed squarely at Raguel.

Above, the squawking of crows sounded out like an omen. So Klaus had brought someone with him... Minah. With a click of his tongue against the roof of his mouth, Audio quietly scanned the mall with a sonar burst, there were bodies everywhere huddled in corners for safety, but one stood out, surrounded by broken cages was a young girl nearby. Quietly, Audio whispered through his teeth...

"Minah, this is Director Swan, Jason. Remember me? You stopped by Aegis once with Klaus, played with the Gulls in the grounds. I know you cant see me but, you have to trust me okay? Klaus is coming to get you, just tell me where you are so we can keep you safe, okay?" Directing the message to Klaus too, Jason could only hope she wasn't badly hurt.

full

Mood: - Beyond the Pale

With: - McNabb, Lucas (RIP, bro), Victoria, Katherine, Kyle, Praxi, Eden, Tabby, Leon, Jordan, Crazy Bird-guy.

Tags: - @Bag o Fruit @Gus @KingHink @Ryuuko Shin @St Indigo @Suzuki Mine @Swoob @Teh Frixz @Unlimited @Zahzi @DJ MagicHat

Danny Travis

The Double-glazed freak vanished under the torrent of thick gooey ichor which for the briefest and most heart-stopping moment, took on the form of Tabitha, but a Tabitha that tore itself apart. The sludge gushed outwards, a great black puddle of gloop. He could see her, covered in the viscous fluid, flailing and struggling to get free but failing as her feet failed to find purchase and her attempts to wipe the gunk from her face seemed only to add more and more. He could hear her calling out names, his name and that of the other freaks.

He sighed and looked around. A nearby zoo maintenance van had a steel extension ladder bolted to the roof, so he clambered up and unhooked it from the securing clamps. It crashed to the pavement as he carefully dropped down nearby. He dragged it closer to the vast puddle and, seeing a bollard designed to stop cars mounting the kerb, he started to extend the ladder. One end he dropped over the bollard and the rest he positioned out over the goop. As it extended, he lowered it until its far end just reached the opposite side of the puddle. Then he let it fall with a clatter.

Okay, I can do this. He dropped his backpack by the bollard and slowly walked out across the ladder, stepping rung to rung as he gingerly advanced toward the distressed Victoria. Once he was level, he pulled off his hoodie to reveal an equally tatty blue T-shirt with a faded rock band logo on it. He wrapped one sleeve around his hand then tossed the rest in Victoria's direction.

"Hey, stupid, grab the fucking hoodie. Wrap it round your arm, then start pulling.", he called, even as he braced himself flat on the ladder.

Mood: - HELP OH GOD HELP

With: - Danny, Victoria

Tabitha Crane

Across the proverbial pond of sludge and nightmare oil, Tabby woke from a dreamless sleep. Like the sleep itself, her waking up wasn't natural. Something akin to having water forced up your nose while suffering a hangover woke her up. Coughing the fluid out of her throat and nostrils, she reels up with a headache pounding away. Standing upright was a chore but for the moment it put her above the fluid gathering around her knees. She couldn't see straight and already the gunk was trying to pull her back down.

"Hellp" Tabby slurs meekly, desperately pushing the gunk away before being staggered by the appearance of a giant thing. She couldn't even recognize it as the facsimile it was of her but she just knew she had to get away from it. The goop tugs at her bare skin, her foot breaking free for a second to take a step towards the edge. Her foot doesn't even hit the ground, instead resting on a layer of the oil as she puts pressure down on it. The spinning world suddenly strikes hard, Tabby's stomach heaving as she vomits a slurry of the blackened goop and half digested waffles. The vomit quickly sinks into the goop as she starts crying for help. "please. Help me" Tears flow freely now, pain from her lip, stomach, head and the attacking ick finally break what little will she had.

Ioana C?l?toru
Extra

5a6HfGZ.png

Tag: @Anomaly @CloudyBlueDay @Giyari @Gus @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions @Suzuki Mine @welian

OOC Notes:Ioana's eyes are...

[/font]
Ka-Pow! A small amount of electricity was given the opportunity to meet the speedster.
Ioana slowed down again and tried to rotate her body to dampen the impact against the hall's wall. She flew right through the door and braced for it. Her muscles spasmed for a few moments before she regained control.

Narrow eyes and devilish grin were glued to Ioana's face as she slithered down the wall. The hit was more than what it needed to get her off her feet. She found herself lying on her bottom again. Though this time, it was in a puddle of black liquid mixed in with water. She didn't care. Nor did she mind the sprinklers going off with the alarm. What she did mind though was the two teachers being more careful about the spy
Hnh...No, no. idiot who just tried to obtain all student information and send it off. She turned to them. A little ounce of grimace and a tablespoon of disgust mixed onto her face.

She just flew back first into the wall. What if she had broken her spine? She didn't because this wasn't the first time she'd do something like this, but what if she had? All wet and drippy, she arose from the ground. It wasn't the first time she'd been in that situation. Flashbacks to the snowball fight ensued.

"Excuse me... that..."
Don't say pasty-ass bitch. "... person. SHE JUST TRIED TO STEAL STUDENT INFORMATION AND SEND IT TO WHO KNOWS WHERE. She's the enemy!" She paced forward after Mr. Mallory, completely disregarding Mr. DeKlerk. Of course, she noted his rather angry/worried state beforehand. Ioana stopped, looking at Solo and Avecca with heavy disbelief.

"What the fuck is up with this school!?" A readiness to spill
I'd take the prison rather than this clusterfuck was crushed by a newfound sense of relief. She relaxed her tense eyebrows and just let it go. Suddenly, she was asked a question. It wasn't coming from any of the people in her near vicinity. It came from inside. Do you think they'd care if you threw away the limiter and disappeared?

She hid her hands inside the pockets of her jacket and watched Mr. Mallory scurry off to the clinic.
There are gangsters in Baltimore as well, you know? Wouldn't be too much of a problem to take out a few of them before leaving. She missed it dearly. Her job. It showed. Ioana pulled her punch, but she couldn't deny the one nanosecond where the intent was to kill, not to incapacitate.

"Fuck..." she exclaimed.

Ioana paused for a moment and returned to the two remaining girls in the classroom. Alexis looked a little indignated. Then again, when did she not? The speedster put a hand on Alexis' shoulder.

"Come on. It's not worth it." said her, with a monotonous voice and disinterested eyes.

jIQSlNg.png
Angel with a Shotgun

The pain was bearable, she assured herself. It was, she believed it. What came next, though, not so much. She felt a hand on her shoulder and heard a voice she could only match to Red.
I'm trying she wanted to say, but couldn't. There was no way she could form coherent words.

This will sting. And it did. Oh, it did. She cried out in a hoarse, dying voice, trying to cover her face, but hesitated. Now the pain was over the limit, close to the breaking point. Eve felt lightheaded. Just couldn't think straight anymore. There were just screams and sobs. Her whole frame was shaking.

Finally, she tried to speak and a faint "
'ank yew..." came out before getting lost in the cacophony of coughs and hyperventilation. She heard Mr. Swan give a speech as it got closer. He too put a hand on Eve's shoulder and tried comforting her. She shook her head in denial.

"Today we failed, and we have paid the price... as have you. It's a price that the public should never, ever, have to pay!"

"No...no..."

She didn't want to hear. Parts of her ears were covered by the straps from Red's jacket. Eve covered the ears with her hands. She did not want them to fail. She demanded someone to tell them that Red or someone else went after the terrorists. Eve tried to stand up. A pole erupted from the ground a few feet away from where she was. Eve extended her left hand to find it, but she couldn't see. It was kept up for a few seconds before it was clenched into a fist and shook forcefully.

"NO!" she screamed before her voice died down. Jericho managed to get a leg out in front of her and support herself on it. She pushed with her whole upper body and even though she couldn't see she was determined to take a few steps forward. The woman tried to pace on a directionless path. She didn't want to accept it. In all her pathetic limping she came across the pole she erected earlier rather violently.

Visibly angered she grasped it and backed away. In a few jerky motions, she removed it from the ground and threw it away. It didn't get far, though she fell backward on her bottom.

@Giyari @Guilded Clover @RemainingQuestions @Zahzi @Teh Frixz

webgl_uncanny_valley_head_rendering.jpg

Mood: What the hike! Humanity is complicated!

Company: @Teh Frixz @KingHink @Captain Hesperus @St Indigo @Zahzi

Other: [media]

[/media]
http://i.imgur.com/G5gPGfQ.png Look at my irresponsible use of shoddy MS Paint skills! LOOK AT THEM. YOU HAVE TO WATCH.

Allen McNabb//Lazarus

Allen made it back to the last place he'd seen poor Mr. Marsolet, unable to find Ms. Huang. Partially because Lazarus had gotten lost and gone in circles. Drat. Wait... One single vulture pecked at the ground, now covered in a thin layer of some oily substance. It looked up at him and squawked exaggeratedly, then startled and flew off as a tide of thick oil swept over the ground and out of sight. Allen waddled into the sludge and looked over to where the oil had flowed, giving Lazarus little or no helpful ocular information. Huh. Maybe... wait. DO human bodies just disappear? Allen's didn't... maybe they reappear in the morgue... it would explain the disappearing cadavers in that 'FPS Letsplay' we found on Youtube last week. ALSO where Ms. Huang has gone! Did she die!? Aagh, so many casualties to a bunch of bir-

"Eeeeek! Eeeeeek!"

"I beg your pardon?" Lazarus searched for the source of the strange clicking-like shriek and found the tern still gently imprisoned in Allen's hand. "Oh! Hello! You're still here!" Allen's arm extended as though he was taking his own pulse and started to squeeze the bird.

"K-KK-K-K-K--K-K-K--K!"

"Oops! Sugar, that isn't right..." Allen's hand stopped closing and began to open like a robotic arm marketed to children. The bird fell a few feet and caught itself on the air just above the vomitous slime. Then it ascended and began to harass Allen's arm, pecking and flapping and 'eek'ing. Finding no reaction, it hung back, looking first at Allen's face, then his arm, back and forth, before deciding to perch on his shoulder and peck at his head. "There you are, a perfectly happy bird!"

Lazarus surveyed the situation. Where was this oil coming from? Allen's head turned the other way (Lazarus now watching to turn the rest of his body a little along with it) and took in a sight unlike anything they'd ever seen before. However, when the white brick building they saw continued to remain motionless, Allen walked over and checked around its corner for anything more interesting. There, he saw a horrific scene like an oil slick come to life and hungry for blood. Several shambling abominations terrorized any zoo-goers who had not run long since. Each of the monsters bore a striking resemblance, Lazarus noted, to the one or two times they'd tried to make art (their pride in their work was not diminished by this incident).

Actually, one of the figures did not. "M-my goodness, is that... Why, that is Ms. Tabitha Crane! Oh dear!" Although there were few onlookers to confirm this, Allen actually fell on his face before he even started walking over to Tabby. It was, objectively speaking, amazing he even made it that far on such a terrain.

Right, time for ACTION! Allen, across the slippery surface of the black ooze, swam through half-foot-deep semisolid, ironically using the 'crawl' stroke. And he made impressive time. Told you we'd use what we learned in those online swimming lessons. Smugly remarked roughly 1/3 of the Lazarus swarm. The other 2/3 replied For Pete's sake, stop breaking the totality of sentience! The tern flew over his head, not bloody done with him yet.

When he reached Tabitha and stood, he looked not unlike a penguin the wrong way around; his back was white with bird-leavings and his front and sides pitch black and dripping. It helped the imagery that there was now an actual bird on his head. "Nmbolbgt tbg blrububly, mblf Glbebln, Ububll hlubb ubbrlbtbubmn ubnldr cobnbltrbl!" ... Did we stimulate the wrong area of the brain again? Oh, no, wait, it's the oil! Allen wheezed, or did what counted for it when instead of air one had imaginary dream slime, actually forcing the walls of his lungs up against each other. The horrific damage they sustained was already being rebuilt. And that is the importance of good infrastructure!

Allen wiggled his arms and torso around until his 'scientist sleeve-cape' fell off and wiped the ichor off of Tabitha's face and hair with the implausibly clean inner back area. "Are you alright, Ms Crane? Do you require the Heimlich Maneuver? CPR? Err, propane heating?" Wait, remember, humans generally wear clothes! Allen placed the lab coat over Tabitha's shoulders and adjusted it so the edges overlapped in the front. It managed to meet standard school dress code, even on her 6-foot form.

rough-day-brk.regular.png

6b6da066d1b2c9af6d9b705195929d7e.jpg

Tags: @Anomaly @Aldure @Giyari @Gus @Manic Muse @RemainingQuestions @Suzuki Mine @welian

Mood: Frustrated

Group: Spyfall

OOC: N/A

Fucking hell.

Her new favorite teacher was coming her least favorite, the way he held Avecca like the goddamn president. All the while, the fire alarm was blaring and the sprinklers were pouring. Alexis was out of her element - out of her zone. She was as good as human soaking wet. And Alexis didn't quite feel like being human, not now, not anytime soon, and if she could help it, not ever again. Being human made her weak. She was done being weak.

And yet, here she was.

“Policy says to get over to the clinic during fire drills, right? I'll take Avecca. Could you round up what's left of my class please? Have Alexis carry Asher, and let her know if any further harm comes to him she will answer directly to me." "Come on. It's not worth it." Alexis gritted her teeth together, snapping away from Ioana's hand on her shoulder. She didn't need to be told what to do. At least she'd had the guts to shout at the teachers -- at least she understood why this was all such bullshit. Alexis was so angry she shook, she couldn't piece together the correct words to voice her stress.

Alexis let out a growl, looking up to lock eyes with Viola. "We need you focused, you're our powerhouse deterrent just now and you're no good to us in a panic." While yes, Alexis was rather pleased to be considered the powerhouse of the group, Alexis knew she was worth jack shit sopping wet. "I can't.. I can't.." Alexis tried to explain, but gave up quite quickly, instead holding out her palm and trying to start a flame. A spark of fire was seen in her hand but it dissipated almost instantly after it's appearance. "I can't do anything." She hissed.

She could carry the stupid Mental Discipline teacher, though. Even though she'd punched him in the face. Letting out a sigh, she took his other arm and draped it over her shoulder. He wasn't quite heavy at all, and as she walked she stole a glance at his singed and bloodied face guilty before keeping her eyes straight ahead.
"I hate this school." Alexis muttered.

6lhpdCz.gif

Company: Lots of people

Mood: Resigned

Tag: @Gus @Anomaly @CloudyBlueDay @Giyari @Manic Muse @welian @Aldur @RemainingQuestions @DJ MagicHat @welian

OOC: ---

The things just kept piling up and piling up.

For a brief second she had thought the jig was up when someone came walking into the bathroom, calling out her name as if searching for her. Had she been away from the class for that long? Furthermore, had they handled the situation with the fat rat in the ceiling yet? She wasn't sure, and she sure as hell wasn't going to go back willingly until she was, so she held her breath, kept herself still and waited. For the first time that day a glimmer of luck found the strawberry-blonde. Her stall was passed up, and the sounds of the door next to it opening could be heard plainly enough. To further things, whoever was on the outside didn't look further than that single stall before leaving, allowing Sevan to release a sigh of relief.

And then the crying started up.

Sevan just about jumped at how sudden it had happened, her heels coming back to hit against the porcelain tank she sat upon. Someone else was in there with her? When did she come in? Did it happen during the search of whoever was out there? No, Sevan distinctly had only heard the bathroom door and the stall to her right open. This sound was coming from her left. Maybe she was just too focused on listening to the first girl to notice the second? But she was practically wailing! Balling her eyes out! She should have heard at least some sniffling on the way over! Seriously, when the hell did she get in there?! The fact that she couldn't answer that simple question just drove Sevan further into her already present state of irritation; almost as irritating as the sound of the girl's crying.

Curiosity finding her once more, Sevan brought her feet up underneath her and carefully balanced her way into standing on the back of the seat, then quietly leaned over and pushed herself up to look over the partition to the stall all the noise was coming from. Upon sight, Sevan recognized the girl as the one she had slipped past to get out of the classroom not long ago. She looked to be all worked up over something, and if Sevan was offered a stab in the dark, it probably had something to do with the fact that she had
no damn clothes on. Sevan physically facepalmed. Seriously seriously, what the hell was going on out there?!

Working her way back into her original siting position once more, Sevan placed her backpack down between her feet on the toilet seat and began to undo her jacket. It wouldn't be much really, but some covering was better than no covering. What else was the girl going to do? Make a toga out of toilet paper? Besides, if it got her to stop that otherworldly howling, she was more than willing to look like she was some form of a decent human being for a whole rest of the day. Unfortunately (or fortunately), Sevan's act of charity was superseded by the actions of others. There was a knock on the door, followed up by that of the teacher with some things to day to both girls in the bathroom. Something about sending a "Ms. Chase" in with clothes, hoping that Sevan was in there, saying they needed to be on the lookout, something about returning to the main group and apologizing for the black goo. In response, Sevan gave a huff and refixed her jacket into place.

Actual do-gooders to do the job for her.

While the girls exchanged words between one another, and the sounds of what Sevan could only assume was the exchanging of clothes, Sevan slowly leaned to one side and rested her head against the back wall of her stall. Well, it looked like she wasn't going to be able to hide out in there for too much longer anymore. As much as she wanted to keep away from everything, the teacher's presence outside basically demanded that she come back as soon as things cleared up. Nevertheless, she was going to milk the remaining time she had in her somewhat solitary state for as long as possible. Even as the explosive sneeze sounded from outside, followed up by a most horrific sucking sound, then further by what sounded like a scuffle of some sort, Sevan remained in place, her eyes trained on the ceiling just a little above the top bar of the stall.

And then the sprinklers came on.

It didn't take long before the water soaked its way into her clothes, sticking the fabric to her skin and adding to the weight of everything. The same went for her hair as strands merged together and contoured against her head and face. It was unpleasant, but also a familiar sensation.

N?? ???? ??? s?? ????? s????? ??? ???????? ?s ?? ?????s?? ??s ????????.

W?? ??? s?? ???? ?????? ???s???? S?? ????'? ????? ??? ????. S?? s???? ??? ?? ????.

S?? ?????? ?? ???? ????? ???? ??? ??? ?????s ?? ????? s?s???. F?? ???????? ???

???s??, ??? ???? ??? ??? ??????? ??? ???? ????? ?????s. A?? s?? ????? ?? ??s ?????

?? ??? ???????? ??? ???? ??? s???????? ?? ????; ??? ????s????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ???

????s????? ?? ??? ???????. A? ???s? ?? ??s ?????? ????-

???? ?????????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?????? ??? ???? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?????

?? ????????? ?????? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ????

??? ???????? ????? ???????? ??? ????? ?????? ??????? ?? ????? ????????? ??? ?????

?????? ??????? ??? ??????? ?????? ??? ??? ?? ??? ???????? ???????? ?? ??? ??????

????? ?????? ?????? ???? ??? ????????? ??????? ??????? ??? ???? ???? ? ???????? ??????

????? ???? ???? ?? ???????? ???

"- that bad. It's really not that bad."

Collecting her bag and pulling it onto her shoulder once more, Sevan swept her hair out from in front of her eyes and stepped down onto the floor of the bathroom. Though the water helped to wash things away, the possibility of that black sludge being around was still there - which she chose to ignore entirely. Sliding the lock to the side with a flick of her finger, she pulled open the door and placed her eyes upon the girls: one now dressed and the other as cat-like as she first remembered. She gave a lazy salute to the first, making partial eye contact with her as she stepped forward, and then flickered over to the other as she moved through the doorway. Once out and in the hallway, Sevan gave the collection of people a cursory running over with her gaze, then came to a stop on the vivid blue droplets that lay in the wake of Mr. Mallory, who was carrying a pale skinned, blue haired, unfamiliar girl in his arms.

Sevan gave herself a couple of seconds to process what any of this might have meant, then tossed it all off with a shrug and started following.

"And onwards."

Mood: - Is this it?

With: - Danny, Victoria, Laz-r-us

Tabitha Crane

This is the end, this is how it happens. Never in her life had she felt so weak as she did right this instant. She tried to stand up and she'd fall over, she tried to grow and she'd end up feeling so small. It was a nightmare that she couldn't wake up from. The oil became too much to keep coughing out of her throat, the slime starting to seep down her windpipe as her body gagged. A vision of being lifted up and spun by her mom, a costumed mascot at her sixth birthday party turning out to be her dad, memories of a life not yet finished causing, for just a moment, her headache to become heartache.

Then the oil world fell to the wayside. Lines of sunlight breaking through the darkness and air starting to replace the gunk in her mouth. Gentle hands pull the ichor away from her face, a coat covering her body. She heard something about propane heating but shook that off. A strong final cough and the last of the gunk leaves her throat, allowing her to finally focus and look up at the strong arms that pulled her to safety. Soft old eyes and a wrinkled face meet her doe eyes. It didn't matter who it was at this point, but someone came to help her. Her long arms go around his neck, squeezing softly as she cries into his shoulder. Her body collapsing onto his.

She'd thought she'd die there in the muck and with the world spinning around her she just couldn't accept it. She owed whoever this was everything for risking himself. It was all so overwhelming as tears of regret and fear turn to joy as she buries her head into his shoulder, smiling and crying "Thank you" over and over.

Michael D'Avolo

tumblr_mkz328HtQL1s9naxao1_500.png
Summary

Tags: @welian @ViAdvena @Meredith @Necessity4Fun @too much idea @RemainingQuestions

Michael stood there as the information spread around to the group. Dead bodies, basement, people dying, some people saying they shouldn't investigate, his sister, ever so brilliant, coming up with a potentially great reason for the group to investigate, it was almost like she read his mind. He laughed a bit internally, then studied the situation a bit more closely. The plain one was talking soothingly to the girl who screamed and announced the dead bodies, and giving her some sort of sweet. She seemed to be hyperventilating, and her eyes were darting and dialated. Michael racked his brain, coming to the conclusion that it might be a panic attack, and tapped the plain one on the shoulder.

"We should get her out of the room if it's a panic attack, bring her somewhere she can sit comfortably and calm down, away from the stress." Michael didn't necessarily hold any actual concern for the girl, but why not make some allies whenever you can. He then pulled out an unoped bottle of water, "Here, give her this too once she's stopped hyperventilating, her throat will feel a bit raw."

Aaron Mallory

PXQnTgf.jpg

Qos69G9.png

Collaboration? Does carrying unconscious NPC count?

Nearby: Avecca, also passed a few students on the way

Mood: Where has the nurse gotten to?

@s @Sopranos @Meredith @welian @King Of Imagination @Necessity4Fun @too much idea

Aaron picked his way down the stairs, slowed somewhat by the coffee effluent being slowly rinsed away by the sprinkler's power washing of the stairs, but also because that water had been sitting in the pipes for months, and he couldn't even wipe his brow without risking crushing Avecca, and blinking the stagnant rusty water out of his eyes just was not cutting it. He got down the last three steps mostly by feel and rounded the corner blinking hard and shaking his head to shed the water as best he could. Avecca's eyes were closed. Resting, hopefully, but possible LOC; would have to note that for the on duty nurse. He also planned to order full restraints and a limiter field set to level four, though. She could be playing possum, and who knows what brought her to 108 in the first place; Aaron was soft in the heart, not in the head. He was very glad she was alive, but trust her, he did not.

He was proud of his students for handling her without breaking her. Could have gone smoother, but could have gone a whole lot worse. His first time out, he had accidentally done a double hand amputation on a suspect while trying to cuff him and the guy had bled out before the ambulance could get there because he couldn't find a middle ground between not enough pressure to stop the bleeding and way too much. He shuddered at the memory. These kids had admirable control over their powers for their age, and would make fine heroes one day. He made a mental note to tell them so at his first opportunity.

As he rounded the next corner, still blinking sprinkler water from his eyes, he spotted some students peeking into an office.

Hey!” he shouted as he bustled past them “Fire alarm means get out of the building. Get over to the clinic, guys, what's wrong with you!”

Pushing the side door open with his hip, he glanced back. They didn't seem to be hustling after him exactly, but it was hard to tell without wiping his eyes. Aaron made a mental note to bring up safety drill discipline with Director Swan first thing Monday morning.

The cold air outside quickly froze the remaining water in his lashes, but stopped it stinging at least; the rust particles were trapped in the ice crystals. As he trundled along the walkway to the clinic, he glanced northwest toward the city. An ominous column of smoke and an improbably thick flock of birds caught his eye, but did not hold his attention long. He hooked the pull handle of the clinic with his pinky and flicked it open, pivoting into the opening, and looking around for the nurse.

Hello? I need some help over here! Going to need some scissors and a head trauma kit or whatever? Possible concussion, possible L.O.C. Also going to need full restraints and a bed with a built in limiter field. Definite flight risk.”

Denzil de Klerk

Mood: Conflicted

@'s: @DJ MagicHat @Anomaly @Aldur @Giyari @Manic Muse @Suzuki Mine

Denzil watched as Aaron walked off with the intruder. The knowledge that she had been trying to transmit the information of the school made the whole situation less black and white. Still, the violence had been so much. He sighed, they were students for a reason, and getting angry was never the best way to teach a lesson. After all, Avecca seemed to be somewhat stable, and not in mortal peril. Maybe he had underestimated her, and underestimated just how much insight people often had in situations. Time and again, people had been shown to know quite well what to do with their powers, even if they hadn't necessarily trained them, or trained that aspect of them. After all, they often had had it for years, and the subconscious was miraculous in that way.

Denzil glanced once at the angry students, and they were already doing just like Aaron told them. Their anger was likely much more justified than he had thought at first. The cold rusty water, combined with the thought of someone stealing the sensitive information that the facility held made him shiver. He grabbed his bag, and locked the Political Powers classroom, then the other two. One of the girls that had been in the toilets had already left, but Isabella was still in there, and if his memory served right, so was the girl whose clothes she had delivered. He wiped the rusty water out of his eyes before knocking on the door to the ladies room. "Girls, we need to head to the clinic, standard protocol and all." Denzil gave them a long moment before pushing the door slightly open. "Come on, Isabella, you can hide beneath my coat." Denzil extended the coat in question, certain that cats of any kind, even mostly human ones, didn't like getting soaked by rusty water. The knowledge that he was helping someone didn't stop a slight shiver though.

Angel with a Shotgun

Objective:Do what you can!

Roleplayers: @Aldur @Giyari @Guilded Clover @RemainingQuestions @Zahzi

The polarized orange of her visor show only the reflection of Red in it. Underneath it was impossible to see the frantically scanning eyes, going over her hud back and forth. Rapidly attempting to activate anything but it all seemed offline. Defenses, Coms, Internal stabilization systems. She couldn't even project her voice outside of the suit to get the beast threatening her away.

Attempting to move an arm but thwarted by the remote lockdown, she cries out in frustration. Cursing the Demon, praying for help, thinking of her sister back home that she wouldn't be able to make lunch for tomorrow, all the Knight could do was fight back her own tears and scream in anguish, the muffled sound barely coming through the suit.

Outside, it seemed authorities were arriving in drove. Dozens of cop cars, swat vans, a couple unmarked trucks and hundreds of Officers began swarming the outside of the mall. Paramedics and EMT began combing through the violence, finding and treating the wounded. The destruction was considerable and the wounded plentiful. It seemed the shrapnel was designed for mass casualty rather than mass death as it was painfully evident from the tech level of the Knights.

Those still milling in the atrium of the mall can start to hear the crackle of radio amidst the cries for help. Police and medical closing on ground zero shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back