• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Entangled (w/Anath3ma)

liala

giphy.gif

Reine Reine

CS: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/entangled-cs.333858/
OOC: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/entangled-ooc.333857/

H i r o
Y a m a s h i t a

Mood: Calm/Tired
Interacting With: xxx
Other: Hope It's Alright—Just Ask If You Have Questions
It had taken a toll on him.
Standing in the same spot every day, giving the same lectures year after year. Really, he had only been a teacher for thirty-six months and already he wanted nothing more than to retire. Still, something dragged him back into the same dusty classroom. All of it—every crack in the pale walls, every scratch on the chalkboard, every shaky character carved into desks at the back of the class—was appealing. Familiar, even. If nothing else this little haven provided some sort of entertainment. He dreaded going home each day almost as much as his wife dreaded the idea that he may be scheduling his late evenings with a mistress.
No such luck.
The bell rang in five metallic bursts, prompting a sea of students to flood through the door. He inhaled, but said nothing. Shouting something along the lines of "the bell doesn't dismiss you" hadn't worked during his first, second, or third year of teaching. He knew better.
Hiro brushed away a strand of dark hair and rubbed his temples. The bell was right above his wooden desk, loud enough to make his head hurt after the fifth time today. It would ring twice more for the students to return to class after lunch. Some lingering kids wouldn't eat, or had brought their own paper sack. Most of them, however, ate in the courtyard if they pleased. It was a ritual. The "teachers' pets" would return to class to talk to him over their bento, while the rest of them flocked outside. He... particularly disliked those that tried to gain his favour. Such a cheap trick—to think he could be so easily swayed by company and small talk.
Yamashita sat down in his hair with a heavy sigh of relief. His hand swiped for a drawer on his desk. It hid away crisps and an assortment of candy.
He carefully licked his bottom lip and tore open a package.

M i k a
M a t s u o

Mood: Calm/Melancholy
Interacting With: xxx
Other: xxx
Her messenger bag dug into her shoulder. The leather was worn and used. She probably should have bought a new one long ago, but it was her little trick. To those that didn't know her, she looked normal, indistinguishable in her school uniform. Perhaps even lower-class. It was worth it—to see previously-rude strangers suck up to her once they heard her full name. Mika Matsuo. Mi-ka Mats-u-o.
She ran her thumb underneath the strap, relieving her sore shoulder. Her black shoes pounded against the tile floor in a steady rhythm. It was quiet now. Chattering was somewhere up ahead in the school's cafe area. She usually ate there, but now was a perfect time. It only happened three or four times a year.
It was going to rain. Not now, but soon enough that no one wanted to be on the roof. It would be empty.
It was just as possible to be alone in a sea of chattering people as it was to be alone on a deserted rooftop. The latter was just preferable.
Mika turned up a quiet staircase, filling the hall with the sound of her feet against the concrete steps. She slammed her shoulder into a thick metal door. Its hinges screeched as it gave way.
The girl sat close to the entrance, pulling a box out of her leather bag. She unwrapped a blue cloth and lifted the lid. Mika made a noise somewhere between a groan and grunt. It was cold. The cafe had a microwave, but she stupidly forgot to heat up her rice before climbing the steps. Picking up a pair of chopsticks, she pulled the box closer just as a soft, distant roll of thunder broke through the dark clouds. Her mind wandered.
She didn't even like her purse. Mika cringed. That word made her think of the frilly accessory made to accompany a toy-sized mutt.
"Bag," she whispered aloud.
It worked the other way, too. People who didn't know of her status—people she got along with—had to find out eventually. Some thought she had deceived them by withholding that information. Others didn't believe her; that had ended one or two would-be friendships.
They were scared of her wealth.
Of course she didn't believe that... but it was less painful than the other explanation to her lack of friends.
Mika chewed faster, occupying her busy mind with the simple repetitive motion.

HANA UENO
tumblr_nmfu0hr2dp1r6xya6o1_500.gif

x calm x
x interacting w/ Hiro x
The bell rang, waking Hana from her slumber. A gentle breeze from an ajar window flowed through the white curtains, wrapping around her with the scent of cherry blossoms. Chaos was only momentary as the other students bustled out of the classroom, gossiping and laughing at the dumb matters that only children their age could care about. She pretended to remain asleep till she heard the final student leave the classroom before finally lifting up her head and smiling softly at the sight of Hiro ripping open a candy wrapper with his teeth.

A man-child. She loved him yet wanted to see him crawl at her feet at the same time.

Hana approached him with a mild smirk stretching onto her face. She knew he hated it when she talked to him at school but the fear and thrill that glinted in his eyes whenever her fingers grazed across his face was one of the only reasons she bothered dealing with him. The risk of losing a structured lifestyle, a well-built career, a beautiful wife, a potential family for a mere high school student...she wanted to see how far he would sacrifice for her.

Glancing back at the window to see if anyone was standing in the hallway, she snatched the candy from the wrapper and popped it into her mouth, giggling as she saw shock flash onto his usual poker face. Her fingers laced around his face and she kissed him on the lips leaving behind a red lipstick stain.

"Sensei, why did you sit me so far back? What a terrible teacher you are, creating obstacles for a student who simply wants to learn in class," she smirked, as she opened another wrapper and popped a candy into his mouth.

JUN HIRANO
tumblr_ofbdedh7WX1slm4s6o1_500.gif

x anxious x
x interacting w/ boys in the bathroom x
x moves to roof top for a smoke x

"She's a total slut, there's no doubt about it," Akira spat out, as he wiped the toilet bowl. "The only fucking reason I have to bend down and clean up this shit is because she promised to 'give me a gift' if I took the blame for Keiji for that fucking bullying incident."

Jun raised an eyebrow as he washed his hands at the sink. "No one ever told you that you had to do it," he muttered. "Did she even tell you what the 'gift' was?"

Akira threw the sponge at him, as Jun laughed dodging the projectile barely by an inch. "What else would the 'gift' be other than fucking? There's nothing else that girl can offer other than her body. She's poor as shit."

Jun grimaced at the crude language pouring out of Akira's mouth and silently reached for a towel. "I'm going to go eat lunch now. Have fun," he smirked, as he walked out of the bathroom. The smile slid off his face the instant he entered the hallway. He was tired...so tired of everything. Somehow, even though she was nothing but a poor scholarship student, Hana had managed to rise up as the silent puppeteer of the academy without anyone noticing. Everything in his world had somehow ended up circling around that twisted devil within the last couple months ever since he had been dragged down into the depths of hell with her.

He trotted down the hallway and up the stairs, fumbling through his pocket for the keys to the rooftop, his only private haven that he had access to with the privilege of being part of the dead astronomy club. When he reached the door, his heart dropped at the sight of the missing lock and ajar entrance. Jun closed his eyes and sighed shrugging off the intrusion.

Reaching for a cigarette instinctively, he placed it into his mouth unlit and stared down onto the track from the fence lining the rooftop. The cigarette fell out of his mouth and out of sight as he hung his upper body over the fence. The breeze flowed through his hair and shirt, giving a momentary sensation of flying. If he slipped his body out just a little more...he would fall and becoming nothing but a bloody splatter across the dirt floor.

A bloody splatter...sounded so much more appealing than what he was turning into at that moment.

H i r o
Y a m a s h i t a

Mood: Calm/Playful
Interacting With: Hana
His tongue ran across his canines and explored the candy before he finally spoke. He played along. "Ueno, you're a smart girl. You know this. I only put naughty students at the back of the classroom. As much as I love your attitude—" He glanced around carefully. Empty. Hiro wiped his lip, catching a glimpse of a red streak on the back of his hand. "I'm afraid it's not permitted... Quite a terrible student you are. Of course this is just one of the many forms of punishment at my disposal."
The man stood up, stacking his papers into a pile. He continued, "Consider it an act of mercy, will you?" He avoided eye contact with his favourite student in order to keep his self-control more or less intact. The tactic failed miserably. His hands slid into his back pockets. Hiro pulled out a small wallet and unfolded several bills—about 5,000¥ collectively.
"For food," he clarified, finally looking at her. "Or whatever else you need it for. I'd prefer you quit stealing my food, that's all." It clearly wasn't. That kind of money could provide a decent lunch for an entire week. Certainly more than was appropriate to give a student. But she was allowed to think whatever she wanted of him.

M i k a
M a t s u o

Mood: Calm/Apologetic
Interacting With: Jun

She jumped at the unexpected arrival of her classmate. He might have seen her if he looked just an inch to the left, but he never did. His focus was on the ground below... and her focus was on him. She watched his hair shift in the wind—a strangely hypnotic motion.
"If you're going to jump, just do it alr—" She cut herself off. His hair shifted once more, enough for her to see his features. He was familiar. But that was all. For all she knew he could be a perfectly decent human being. Her skin crawled at the idea of Kenma or Akira. A large portion of the school could be considered indecent...
Her eyes darted over his clothing for a fraction of a second. Students could choose their own shoes; one of the only ways for someone to flaunt their social status.
She scrambled to find something to say. "Tomo..." Wrong name. Mika looked up and to the right, trying to remember. She paused. "Sorry... For shouting. That was unnecessary." The girl crossed her arms and closed her boxed lunch, getting to her feet.

HANA UENO
tumblr_nmfu0hr2dp1r6xya6o1_500.gif

x playful x
x interacting w/ Hiro x
Hana coyly glanced up at his wavering eyes as she folded the money up and placed it into her pocket. "You're so generous, sensei," she smirked. "If only you were as generous with your time for your poor wife." Her hand wrapped around his tie and pulled his face closer to hers as though she were about to go for another kiss. "Same hotel. 8pm," she whispered into his ear, before hurriedly spinning around and walking out of the room.

The instant she walked out of the room, her flirtatious smirk slid off her face and was replaced with a mask of innocence and ambivalence. Now, where was her little pet?
"Hana," a rough voice called out to her from the end of the hallway. Forcing back a grimace as she recognized the owner of the voice, Hana turned around to smile pleasantly at the intruder.

"Hello, Akira," she softly greeted, pushing a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "I thought I told you not to talk to me at school?"
Akira smirked at her words and continued to walk closer to her. "The gift. You didn't happen to forget our little deal did you, my queen. I turn into the scapegoat for the bullying issue that your little cronie got entangled in, and you...," he whispered, as he grabbed her chin and pulled her face up to face him. "Will provide me with a little bit of your service."

Hana pushed his hand off, slowly backing away. "I remember, however, I'm a little busy tonight. Stop approaching me at school and you'll get what you want eventually," she sighed. "Now, excuse me, I have someone I need to go see."

"What. Busy with Sensei tonight?" Akira sneered, as he cornered her to the wall. "You and I both know that this deal between us wasn't simply about that dumb bullying incident. The sooner you give me your gift, the less likely your precious teacher will be fired for having a relationship with a minor. No promises though."

As he was leaving, Hana hurriedly grabbed his wrist. "Fine, meet me immediately after school at the rooftop. You'll get your...gift then."

Akira smirked, brushing his cold fingertips against her face. "I knew my words would get through to you. See you later then."

Trash like him needed to be cleaned up quickly or else they would spread their stench everywhere. Taking out her phone, Hana quickly dialed a number as she watched his figure disappear down the hallway.
"Hey, I need a favor. Take care of someone for me will you," she coldly whispered. "Just a little scare will do."

Hanging up, she began walking down the hallway searching for him.
Where the hell was Jun?

JUN HIRANO
tumblr_ofbdedh7WX1slm4s6o1_500.gif

x anxious x
x interacting w/ boys in the bathroom x
x moves to roof top for a smoke x
"If you're going to jump, just do it alr--"

Startled, Jun turned to see a familiar girl staring at him. The girl's eyes glazed over his clothes, attempting to remember his name and muttering an apology for yelling.

"It's fine," he laughed weakly, feeling a little shaken. His fingers brushed through his hair as he leaned against the fence. "Mika Matsuo right? I feel like I've seen you around before."

OOC: sorry for Jun I didn't write much because it's sort of a dialogue thing and didn't really want to put a bunch of fillers in just for the sake of lengthening the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back