• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

End Merlin

GoodVibezPanda

Bamboo Artist
End Merlin-Timeline Introduction

October 26th, 2016, you would have risen that day as you do any other. Step from rest, address ever-evolving issues, accomplish a sense of fulfillment by end of all typical rhythms. Regrettably, Earth's human population had no such luxury by time of dawn eastern standard time.

At 7:37 A.M., an ominous female voice is telepathically perceived by all humans; if they are asleep, it rouses them. Her words are as follows: "The games have begun. Laugh and rejoice, for here I come. Now children, your first test starts. Stop extinction."

By 8:30 A.M., half of Earth's sentient population has been claimed by a supernatural plague. Victims of said plague are transformed into ghoul-like creatures with profound speed and strength.

By 9:30 A.M., Earth's moons appears in the sky, it's surface now jet-black and lined with alien symbols. Said symbols faintly correlate with ancient Nordic runes. The sky darkens planet wide, continuously projecting a deep twilight despite current time of day.

By 10:20 A.M., satellite communication of all kinds have ceased. Almost all world superpowers are collapsed due to the aforementioned plague's ability to spontaneously manifest within anyone regardless as to all known means of quarantine. The Mexican cartel is one of few surviving groups maintaining an active communications network.

By 11:11 A.M. they arrive, those magic few whom promised Merlin they would come when 'End Times' can no longer be prevented by himself. Though, all previously dormant supernatural/mythical evils have now been reawakened and revitalized. Anything and everything that could have been under your bed probably is at this time.

By 11:20 A.M., you're discovered by one of the aforementioned 'magic few'. Wherever you found refuge was either well-hidden or did a fine job of keeping you safe these past four hours, but the scope of Earth's current horrors have still been made relatively known to you one way or another.

CHARACTER CREATION INFO

Your character is an average individual of present day Earth. They can live anywhere, be anyone, so long as their existence isn't in any way supernatural. We can determine what forms of magic/abilities they'll be obtaining beforehand but they won't be receiving anything until the RP begins.

Powers are determined by the item given when one of the 'Magic Few' arrives. These items are called Relic's, there's a lot to them so I'll try and explain the idea here. Each relic is comprised of three traits titled: shape, substance, and link.

SHAPE: The idea behind your relic, the form it takes whilst performing any given task. This shape can mimic any physical idea, such as 'blade' or 'tree'. Some are more complicated and represent thoughts such as 'gate to an eternal garden' or 'rampaging beast'.

SUBSTANCE: This is the driving force of your relic, in other words, the energy behind it's motion. The substance is more of an elemental force than something of shape, things along the lines of 'shadow' or 'fire'. For example, if my Relic had the shape of 'blade' with the substance of 'shadow' than I would be using a 'shadow-blade' to perform actions. For the more complicated notion of a 'gate to an eternal garden' paired with 'fire', than I would be using an obsidian gate which leads to a garden of volcanic fauna and blazing vines. A relic contains no more than one substance to start.

LINK: This is the physical shape your Relic takes whilst dormant, when not performing an action under your direct control. Your link may be anything from weaponry to jewelry, so long as it's worn or carried it's probably suitable as a link. Your links given form may play a role in your relic's abilities and functions should you desire.

EXAMPLE RELIC:

Shape: Demon Legion

Substance: Shadow

Link: Demon Kabuki Mask

Function: The wielder of this relic may use shadow to create demon legionnaires adorning the same mask as said user. These legionnaires would improve as said users affinity with the relic grows overtime.

There's a lot more to it but you'll pick up on the rest as this RP progresses. I'll be the one to set your Relic's limitations and rates for improvement after we've both discussed their powers and come to mutual conclusions.

CS FORMAT

Name:

Height:

Weight:

Build:

Complexion:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Appearance: (A picture would be much appreciated :D )

Distinguishing Marks or Features:(Not required.)

History: (Any length, so long as I get an idea as to their origin.)

Relic Name:

Relic Shape:

Relic Substance:

Relic Link:

Relic Function:

Should you have trouble coming up with an idea or understanding ANY part of the relic description, I'm more than willing to assist.

You may modify the CS format so long as your modifications include an equivalent amount of/more information than before.

If interested, PM me or leave a message! I'd love to hear your input or respond! :D

I reserve the right to turn down any RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely interested in this rp. I like the concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back