• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Empire of Starland

"That's it, now let it go." Saphire, floating now a few inches off of the ground, lowered, ignoring the slightly proud tone in Hinata's voice. "Now then, I've done all I can to show you how to access the magic, and I just have one question: How exactly is moonlight Magic different from all other forms of it?" Once Saphire opened her eyes she saw the glint in Hinata's, this must have been some kind of test.

"Moonlight Magic comes from within. Those who use it's spells must first bathe their spirits in energy from The Source, and once they are able to generate energy similar to it then they can begin to practice spellwork." Hinata nodded in a way that seemed to be encouraging, so she continued, "this is why tainting the source was so dangerous. If one accidentally took energy from the part of the Source which had been tainted they would have become corrupted, unable to use the pure form of the magic and twisting each spell they used unconsciously."

"That's good enough, you understand the theory of it."

"Good, then we can get going." Hinata told him, standing up and grabbing her bag of stuff, in which lay the Text of Moonlight Magic, the title still undeciphered. Saphire was sitting on a cushion, a few books floating around her as she turned the page of one, before looking up to him, all of the floating books falling down.

"Keep going if you want to," Kevin said smiling gently. Then looking at Hinata he said, "Is there a way to dissolve the spell?"

"The Arcana Curse?" Hinata asked him, as Saphire returned to reading, the books slowly returning to their former positions. Hinata waved him over to a separate room, not wanting to say it to the younger girl just then. What she had to tell him was very unlikely to be something to rejoice over, but he asked, and thus he would learn.

Kevin followed Hinata to a separate room. Looking at her he said, "I need to know if there's a way. I love Saphire and don't want us to continue being like this. The only reason I bought her was to free her from this way of life."

"I can break the spell, yes... but the way is a bit.. difficult. And the effects of it will remain her entire life." She looked down, "I can't actually break it, though... it's more like making her the owner of herself. Usually it's done to the Arcana in this village as soon as they can talk, we're still obedient to the Emperor, but we're ourselves. The few times it's been done to a fully-grown Arcana with a master... they were free, but there was always the urge to follow the orders of their former master. They could fight it, but... it wasn't easy."

"What happens if the former owner actually has emotions towards the Arcana. I mean i'm not Arcana but a chosen user of dragon flame magic. I love her and want to build a family with her," Kevin said honestly.

"I don't know. It's never happened until now... it might be easier on her, more a gently tug than a need, or it might be worse... I'm sorry." She wrung her hands slightly, not certain how he'd choose to move. "There's no need to rush your decision, you know... I'll be joining you, at least for part of the Journey, and anyone in the town knows the ritual."

Hinata nodded, letting him leave before entering the room. She looked at the highly-focused student, studying the history of Moonlight Magic, and wondered... if she was connected to him in that way, would she want to risk breaking it off? Becoming an independent Arcana wasn't easy... but if she were free... could she love him back. I knew he'd find someone eventually, so this must be for the best.

Kevin bit his finger and opened a portal to the flame magic training grounds. Stepping through, he began to train his body like mad. He needed to become stronger in his abilities so he could break the master/servant relationship between the both of them.

Saphire continued to read, but Hinata's energy shifted, as though to mirror the Source, and calculating eyes looked her over. That same unintelligible language came out of her before fading, Hinata catching herself on one of the bookshelves, looking at her with what would be worry, or awe, if it weren't for the fear that overran her demeanor. She shook her head and walked up a set of stairs, packing up her stuff and letting Saphire remain calm for the amount of time that was left for it. "I can tell her later... no, them."

Saphire, for her part, finally finished the last of the books she wanted to read at the moment, putting all of the books back in their proper positions with a tiny pulse of magic. Small things like that would increase her skill, and that would let her prevent mistakes like so long ago.

Kevin finished his physical training and began to manipulate the flames into useful items like a shield and a sword.

Saphire mostly practiced fine-tuning her control of the magic, barely noticing as she grew tired, and eventually she fell asleep where she sat, the small spell she had been practicing falling apart harmlessly, leaving her in the now dark living room, as night had fallen at some point. Once more a tiny glow was seen on her shoulders and palms, though it was so little that one wouldn't notice it.

Kevin returned from the training grounds tired. Sitting in the 'park' region of the village, he fell asleep and dreamt of Saphire.

Saphire's dreams were muted, not as frightening as normal, and it didn't fel like she was surrounded by darkness, but she couldn't remember what it was in the morning. Come morning she woke to the sounds of Hinata cooking something, and she wasn't exacly sure what it was.

Kevin woke up in the morning and headed to Hinata's place to check on Saphire. Knocking on the door he said, "Hinata, it's Kevin. May I come in?"

"Yes, of course. You're welcome in my home for a while." She discharged her protective spell, and on the next nock it opened, revealing the room, including Saphire with her now messy hair. The smell of cooked meat entered the room, and cooked vegetables as well... "I'm making a quick breakfast for all of us."

"I'm feeling fine..." Her words got broken up with a yawn, one hand raising to cover her mouth as she looked up sleepily, "Are you ok, Kevin?" That had been a random change, but she didn't much mind at the moment. He was back from training, so he must have been doing something that didn't take very long.

"Yes, I just was able to put 6 days' worth of training into six hours," Kevin said looking at them both. He felt stronger and more pliable. Smiling gently he asked, "Is breakfast ready?"

"Six days in six hours... that's impressive." Hinata walked out, carrying three plates on a platter, and then set them down on a counter. "Well, eat up. We're leaving once that's finished. I'm sure you two had somewhere to go, didn't you? I'll be tagging along." She smiled at the two of them, sleepy-Saphire stumbling over to the counter and taking a seat on the opposite side from her, grabbing the plate and starting to eat quietly.

"Yes, my little brother needs to be saved. His spirit is getting weaker by the day," Kevin said as he sat down to eat. Once he had finished he said, "By air we will go."

"Air... I get to ride one of you?" Hinata seemed excited, having finished her food and stretching, cloak over her dress again. She grabbed Saphire, who still hadn't said anything from the point of his entry, but had finished just as she was grabbed, though there was still meat left over. "Right, meet you outside!" And she was dragged out the room by the seer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back