• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Emiukai (The World of Vailea)

Jameston

Big Money Salvia
bLizILC.jpg

4bLdySR.jpg

wghM3FD.jpg

K8fULEp.jpg

56SPU7d.jpg

0CtZPSh.jpg

I might be interested, though I do want to know about the world a little more first, as well as my own position. I’m a very detailed role player, so you can expect long replies from me, and I am passionate about world building, so lending a hand in the way you want seems to be right up my alley. That said, of course, I need to make sure it is the kind of world I would find interest in in the first place (and roleplay):

—>The world is urban fantasy, does it have magic? And does it have nonhuman races?
If it has magic, what kind of magic system is there?

If it has nonhuman races, what races?

——->Who would my character be in this world? What details are predetermined (AKA that I don’t have a say on as I build the character)

For more logistical questions:

—->What plans do you have pertaining there being a sense of progression?

—->Where would we be roleplaying?

—->I am a first person role player. Is this a problem?

—->Faceclaim preferences?

I might be interested, though I do want to know about the world a little more first, as well as my own position. I’m a very detailed role player, so you can expect long replies from me, and I am passionate about world building, so lending a hand in the way you want seems to be right up my alley. That said, of course, I need to make sure it is the kind of world I would find interest in in the first place (and roleplay):

—>The world is urban fantasy, does it have magic? And does it have nonhuman races?
If it has magic, what kind of magic system is there?

If it has nonhuman races, what races?

——->Who would my character be in this world? What details are predetermined (AKA that I don’t have a say on as I build the character)

For more logistical questions:

—->What plans do you have pertaining there being a sense of progression?

—->Where would we be roleplaying?

—->I am a first person role player. Is this a problem?

—->Faceclaim preferences?

1.) Urban Fantasy was the closest tag I could find since the timeline of this specific story is what would typically be a fantasy setting technology wise. There is no magic in this universe and there are no non-humans at this time.

2.) Well, currently the set in stone details are only a few. You will be playing the Emperor or Empress of the Natsu Empire. The new technology such as gunpowder, newer armor, and different ways of fighting is a conflict with the honorable ways of the old, at least that is how some old fashioned people in the country see it. Your character's actions essentially will determine what happens to this nation and who will be running it. New countries are beginning to make contact with the island nation, but the island has remained isolationist for some time. The old ways also include remaining isolationist, which many in the country no longer believe in.

3.) Well, more or less the story will end with the nation rejoining after this civil war, either with the Shogunate retaking control, or the Natsu Empire taking control, or perhaps something else. This story, in particular, will follow the changing of the nation throughout this civil war as it begins to enter a new age.

4.) The entire map is already created, but the roleplay should only take place on Emiukai and not on another continent, although there is another close by. The roleplay would start in the city of Oda, which is the capital of the nation.

5.) I'm not all for it, but if you want to play in first person, that is fine.

6.) As long as they are Asian(because the island nation is Asian) you can have any face claim you want.

Ah, I see. There are a couple of the answers there that really don't work well with me, the lack of actual fantasy elements seems to land this more on historical than fantasy of any kind, and historical is really not up my alley (note: i know this isn't really historical, but given the lack of what I perceive as the defining feature of fantasy, to me it's lots a lot of the appeal with that).

Furthermore, you seem to be unhappy with my writing style, and if I'm going to end up making you unhappy, the point's kind of mute.

So, for those reasons, I'm out.

But I still wish you the best of luck in finding a partner for this! Unfortunately some of the details didn't work out, but for what it's worth, it seems like a nice idea for someone who'd fit better into those details :)

Ah, I see. There are a couple of the answers there that really don't work well with me, the lack of actual fantasy elements seems to land this more on historical than fantasy of any kind, and historical is really not up my alley (note: i know this isn't really historical, but given the lack of what I perceive as the defining feature of fantasy, to me it's lots a lot of the appeal with that).

Furthermore, you seem to be unhappy with my writing style, and if I'm going to end up making you unhappy, the point's kind of mute.

So, for those reasons, I'm out.

But I still wish you the best of luck in finding a partner for this! Unfortunately some of the details didn't work out, but for what it's worth, it seems like a nice idea for someone who'd fit better into those details :)

No worries! Thanks for the interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back