• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Elm's Gate (In Character)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Morrigan
Morrigan watch the interaction between the two carefully. There was no danger as she had originally thought. She heard the man bring up the invasion and she stepped forward. She waited for The swordsman to run off before addressing him. “The invasion is why I’m here. General Morrigan at your service.” She said saluting.

Titan's Hand Outpost - Saith Winslow

The swordsman turned his attention to the new woman. General, she said? Perhaps. Either way, position was based on ability of current, not previous merit.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, General." Saith offered his hand. "However, you should know that your rank isn't general here. We're happy to have you, but you'll have to work yourself up the ranks, just like the rest of us. That said, given that you are technically a general, perhaps I can work you into the officer corps... I'll look into it. In the meantime, register your equipment at the armory, and welcome to Titan's Hand."

OGAirbear OGAirbear CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Morrigan​
Morrigan smiled and let out a small laugh. "Of course sorry, old habits you know." She said bowing and making her way to the armory. When she was finished she started wandering around the camp. She said hello to a few people and found the mess tent. The tent was packed with people grabbing and eating food. The cook had asked her to bring some food to a doctor called Foster. She was told to find him in the medical tents. She grabbed a tray and packed it with some food and went to find the medical tents.
Foster Foster

Titan's Hand Outpost - Fabian
As Fabian and his undead legion continued their work, raising more powerful undead, he ran into a couple of snags. Some of the Bodies he attempted to raise became Revenants. The original souls that inhabited the bodies when they were still mortals took exception to having their rotting shells used as minions. This produced a unique situation for the warmage. He had two options, the first being to try and convince the vengeful spirit to join their cause and seek vengeance upon the nightmarish creatures that had slain them, or to beat the undead into submission and bind it. He went with the first option.

"You Dare defile my body necromancer?!" It hissed, it's disgust and rage clearly on display. Fabian for his part simple looked into the angry undead's eyes and held out a placating hand.

"I've come with an offer. A chance really. A chance to wreak your vengeance on the creatures that had slain you and your brothers. A chance to serve Lord Saith again, on the field of battle. I offer you a chance to sate your blood lust." The Warmage said, bowing his head to show the proper respect to the vengeful undead. "If you accept my offer, you may freely serve under Saith, without my needing to bind you to my will."

"Lord Saith still fights the Nightmares? The monsters that not only killed my brothers and sisters, but drove the survivors to madness... Yes, I will serve Lord Saith again.... I Accept your contract Necromancer..." He replied grasping Fabians hand. A burst of power thundered throughout the area, the magic binding the two in the contract.

"Then go and serve your lord. You shall have a Bonelord and two Death Knights under his command, already awaiting you..."

latest

Last edited:
The sound of somebody entering his tent reached Foster's ears. Turning he was greeted by a young woman carrying a tray of food, slightly at odds with the blood covered room.

"Apologies you've caught me at a rather... inconvenient... moment. I wasn't expecting guests."

Carefully removing his red stained gloves he put them to one side, pushing the samples he'd burn working on along with them. Many of the folk gathered here were warriors but on the off chance this lass had a weak stomach it was for the best that he moved the body parts.

"How may I help you? Injured are we?"

Central Deleran Outpost - Surprise Attack!

Without warning, from the skies came a terrible shriek. Should one look to the clouds, they would see a handful of dark, menacing, obscure figures soaring towards the outpost. In a hurry, one of the watchmen from a nearby tower sounded the general alarm: a large bell rung, loud enough to reach even the farthest corners of the outpost. Immediately, men from all corners of the camp armed themselves with pikes, swords and bows. The 5 or so Terrors fell upon the camp in a blazing fury, their cry reaching the depths of the soldiers' very souls.

Saith turned back to the stranger, drawing a blade.

"We'll talk later. Get to cover! Don't even think about running in this mess - hide in a barracks!" With that, he stood atop a crate to send a general order:

"Right, you know the drill! Battle stations! They struck first, so leave none of them alive! Take no prisoners! Defend this camp!!"

Foster Foster CelticHero37 CelticHero37 HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest OGAirbear OGAirbear

Titan's Hand Outpost - Fabian
When Fabian heard the alarm bells, he immediately stopped his task in raising undead and extended the blade built into his warstaff. Looking around, he spotted the abominable creatures. Pointing his staff at them, he quickly began giving orders to the legion of death. "Archers and mages, fire upon the enemy when they come into range. When they get to close prepare for melee combat. Avoid killing the living in the encampment." He barked firing a beam of disintegrating energy at one of the winged nightmarish creatures. "Keep the bodies mostly intact if you can. They will prove useful later on." He added, as the undead hoard began loosing both arrows and spells, filling the air with death and pain.

Titan's Hand Outpost - Saith Winslow - Surprise Attack

The old swordsman immediately looked to the sky. An attack, at this hour? The enemy was either growing increasingly bold or increasingly desperate. Either way, he assumed a battle stance, blade in hand. One of the flying monstrosities soared towards him, talons bared. He ducked out of the way, yelling over to the foreigner:

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!"

But it was too late.

By the time the woman had acknowledged his cry, she was already impaled by the wretched creature. His blade found its way to the beast's throat, beheading it in one fell swoop, but the traveler was already dead. It was such a shame: she didn't even get to enjoy her freedom. Not even for a day. Such was war, but still upsetting.

He returned his attention to the battle.

Another Terror was heading his way.

Saith prepared to intercept.

"Yes... get closer... miserable piece of..."

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest CelticHero37 CelticHero37 (rip)

Titan's Hand Outpost - Fabian (Bonelord)
Before the creature could be intercepted by Saith, The Greater undead, Bonelord charged in, grappling the creature, and bring it to the ground. The Terror hissed and screeched as it clawed and snapped at the heavily armoured undead, whom simply held it down by it's throat, his bone plated gauntlet cutting deep into the nightmarish creatures flesh. With a animalistic roar of his own, his other hand shot forward latching onto the back of his enemy's head, and with a sharp twist spun it's head 180 degrees with a sickening crunch.

Laying there lifeless and still, the Bonelord simply pointed to the corpse and and the two death knights quickly dragged it off. "Master Fabian desires their corpses for a special project to combat the threat..." He simply said as another fell from the sky, a large hole burnt through it's chest.

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot

Titan's Hand Outpost - Saith Winslow

"Aye, obey your master's will. I do not object." Things were going pretty well, all things considered. Saith kept his sword ready, taking a moment to slaughter another Terror from the sky. The revenant from before sprang to action, killing two terrors in seconds. More were coming, likely from the gate. Still, for now, the defenses of the camp held firm. Morale was still high. "How I have missed the feeling of battle!"

"And how I have missed having you at my side, comrade. It was such a shame to see you go." The old warrior smiled at the revenant. "It's good to see you, old friend."

"You've aged badly, Saith."

"Getting a little old yourself, Alan." He laughed. "Come! There is work to be done!"

With that, the soldier departed, aiding his men in combat.

"Aim for the throat! The flesh is vulnerable there!"

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back