• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Elementals

Clarissa can feel Blair's pain as he speaks his last name. Her eyes soften a bit. To some people it would seem silly to get upset over a name. After all it is just a name. Clarissa understands though... Names attach you to people and places and memories. For Clarissa-and apparently Blair, too-those people and places and memories are horrid. Maybe not all of them but most of them. When you say that name, it brings everything back.

"Hamden..." she repeats to herself. As far as she knows the surname has nothing to with anything but that's just what she knows. Maybe Blair knows more...

"My last name is Sinclair." she offers. "My family is rich and kind of famous in the media. They're socialites. You wouldn't know them by any chance, would you? Your family doesn't have any ties to them? Hamden sounds... official. That's why I was asking." the disgust is plain in her voice when she speaks of her family. She hates to even call them family. But when Clary begins inquiring about Blair's family her voice becomes soft, even a bit hesitant. She feels bad for bringing up a sensitive subject.

"I doubt your family has any ties to mine..." Blair said, his voice bitter- but not at Rae. "My family is...was...far from official." He met her eyes, the pain in them blatant. Even speaking of his family brings back the pain of his father's hand and his mother's voice, it makes him feel like a wounded boy again.

He notices the disgust in her voice as well, which distracts him from the aching feel of the scars on his back. They always began to hurt again when he remembers. He tried so hard for so long to suppress the memories- all of them, but Rae made the mental defenses crash down. He was powerless against the white hot pain of the memories- of words as sharp as ice and hands that felt like 2 by 4s.

His thoughts suddenly connect. "What if," He begins tentatively, swallowing the bile rising in his throat, "it's not our families that connect us, but our situations. We both obviously hate our families." As the word 'family' triggers a memory, Blair's eyes shoot close, his internal struggle shown on his face.

Breathe, Blair, breathe. You can do this. You've done it countless times before. Just forget. Ignore. Do what you have to to survive. To function.

What was it about Rae that made him powerless to forget? That made him face his fears and his past? Why couldn't he run towards the future, away from the demons that haunted him? Maybe he had been running so long that he couldn't anymore.

He opened his eyes, he was able to forget this time. But one day he would snap, and there could be no more ignoring.

"Sorry Rae," He smiled weakly. "Just memories..." Long pause. "Do you think I'm onto something? Do you think it's our emotions that bind us to this power? To each other?" He met her eyes, completely vulnerable. 
Another idea hits Blair smack on the head, and his eyes widen to the size of dinner plates.

"Rae," He starts breathlessly. "Eureka." He takes a moment to collect his thoughts before plunging into his idea.

"What if we all have a destiny, a purpose? You see, each power has a pair of partners- one male and one female component. What if the people were given their respective powers just to be with each other? It's plainly obvious from the dynamic in the room that each set of partners is attracted to each other. What if simply being together, romantically, is a piece to this puzzle? When we kissed, back in that room- my mark felt...alive. Just like it does when I'm using it and making it grow. What if we are solving everything by being together? What if, by being together, we are increasing our powers and answering questions and doing good? It makes so much sense!" Blair was genuinely excited for Rae's reaction.

((Since everyone else has apparently disappeared, I think maybe we should create a couple more characters? I'm not sure how far we'll get with only the two of us. What do you think?))

Clarissa felt horrible for stirring up all of these emotions and memories in Blair. He looked like he was in physical pain. The sight made her heart hurt. She wanted to do anything she could to rid him of his pain but she didn't think there was anything she could do. It startled her how much his mood effected her. Clary wanted to cry for him, she wanted to take out his hurt and put it all into herself. They really did have a connection because Clarissa is usually as emotionless as a tin can.

When Blair smiled weakly at her, it feels like her heart shatters into a million pieces. He looked so vulnerable. Even though Clary would like nothing more than to hug Blair and kiss him and tell him everything was alright but she remained quiet as he spoke. She didn't want to interrupt Blair's thought process.

Clary's eyes light up once Blair finishes speaking. She walks up to him, wraps her arms around his neck and places a butterfly kiss on his lips. "You're on to something." she tells him with excitement coursing through her veins. She loves it when a mystery is solved. It gives her an adrenaline rush. "What if we were put on this planet to keep the evil at bay? Or darkness or whatever you want to call it... Anyway, like you said, we were born to do good. That's official. Now, the romantic part: when we die who is going to keep the evil and good balanced out? Nobody because we'll be buried six feet underground somewhere. That's where the romantic part comes in. We're supposed to... uh... you know... procreate..." she says the last part a bit awkwardly. They are only kids and talking about... that... is very uncomfortable and weird. For Clary at least.

"Now that that's figured out, what do we do now?" Clarissa asks with bright eyes. She's eager to solve the rest of this mystery.

((Hmm...that's a pretty good idea. I wonder where everyone else vanished to?))

Blair loves it when Rae's eyes light up. It makes his mark feel pleasantly warm and butterflies dance in his stomach. When he sees her happy like this it makes him want to kiss her all day and just hold her and think how lucky he is to have her.

When she wraps her arms around his neck he finds his hands instinctively around her hips. It feels so natural.

A thought occurs to him, "If we we're put here to do good, than what is the evil? I don't think Id ever seen real evil besides in dreams. So, if there's no evil, than that means we're doing our job, right?" He listens to her speak, taking delight in her words. He blushes a little when she mentions 'procreate'. He could imagine a future with Rae, but that was the future. Their time is now.

"What do we do now?" A playful smile creeps across Blair's face. "My dear, we can finally take some time to enjoy each other's company. Maybe by sharing this time together we can solve the mystery." He kisses her, his mark considerably warm and alive.

@Miss Alice

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back