• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Elderscrolls faction war interest check

AnthraxBurrito

Omnipotent Burro
OOC
As the name states, checking too see if there is enough interest for an elderscrolls based rp, with an interesting twist.

The concept:
This rp takes place all within one city. A new city sitting right in the center of the Cyrodil/Skyrim/Morrowind borders. It is the largest city ever built in all of Tamriel, and the first free city (free as in it belongs to none of the three countries it borders) of the empire. Its construction began during the reign of Titus Mede I, and did not reach completion until after the coronation of his grandson, Lucian Mede I. To honor the history of the Empire and the ending of an era, the city is dubbed Septimora. You'll play the role of a small faction within the city, seeking to turn Septimora into your domain. Each group starts with just a homebase and a few crew members. How you go about taking more territory in the city will be up to you, whether it be a mafia style crime family, a daedric cult, or a new thieves/assassins guild.

Aside from player bases, at the start of the rp, the entire city will be up for grabs, leaving it up to you to eventually decide who owns what parts of the city. Provinces will have assigned resources that you'll gain for owning them as time goes on, similar to risk. This is how we'll keep track of your faction growth. So far for province types there will be:
Residential- gives manpower
Commercial- gives money
Industry- gives materials
Empire- gives influence

Essentially as you claim territory and expand your faction, you'll be able to spend these resources to gain upgrades for your faction in a sort of player shop, to be explained later. You'll all have the same starting gear for your crew in the beginning, the same amount of money and materials, and every faction starts with 0 influence. Though I suggest everyone keeps track of their own resources, I will be keeping an up to date spreadsheet of every factions income/expenses/upgrades/etc.

I will be playing the role of the Empire, meaning the politicians you'll be corrupting, the imperial guards of the city (there will be multiple guard types, but that will be discussed later), and other characters throughout the city, to help progress the story, or maybe change the direction, though I will leave most major story decisions to a group vote. My territories will be the Government buildings, guard houses, and and gates in and out of the city, as well as a few provinces here and there. Taking Empire provinces does not mean you'll have to fight the empire for it, there will be more information on the ways to take provinces from the empire, and each other.

Time passage is something I have not decided yet, as it depends on the availability of the players. If everyone can commit to say a post every other day, than we’ll have a week pass every other day. If its it's more likely a post a week, each post will be 1 month in game. You'll gain resources after each post, meaning you won't make any money until after your first few posts. This will also affect territory claiming.

As for size, I'm really only in need of 3 people other than myself and I feel this could be really fun. 3 people we can definitely make something really cool. If this happens to gather more attention, than that will make it that much better. Though, if it reaches that point, I'll be limiting the number of factions, and new players will be applying for roles within other player factions. This Rp is something I’ve been looking try for a while, and actually uses a previous Rp I was in as its history and set up. There's a lot more on how I see this working but that's the general outline. I'm aiming for a mafia/skyrim/game of thrones mix, with crime, intrigue, betrayal, and of course war, on a smaller scale.

Though this is structured a lot like a board game, the goal is to push for more collaboration posts. Hopefully this all makes sense as I realize this is a rather long interest check. Any questions, comments, or concerns are welcome :)

Last edited:
O have to ask will we have main characters to act as the head of the groups along with controlled the group or will it be s nebulous control over the group as a whole?

You will be required at least one character to act as your faction's leader. Multiple leaders is allowed though that means 2 character sheets, or 1 well thought dual sheet. I have a lot more information I'm about to post, on the new thread, just polishing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back