• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ebondusk | Info & Interest Check

Carl

Not A Llama...
#1 City of Ebondusk

#2 Ruling Factions (NPC)

#3 Our Faction (PC)

#1 City of Ebondusk

Set in a medieval/fantasy setting, the lively and dangerous city of Ebondusk is where we’ll start off. That doesn’t mean it has to be your place of origin, it simply means that’s where we will all be when this story begins. Ebondusk is a town with a lot of history and traditions. Located at several months travel from any other city by caravan, the distance and dangerous wildlands surrounding Ebondusk has the effect of a dog-eat-dog mentality amongst Ebondusk's residents as they're essentially cut off from the rest of the civilized world. 2 large roads traverse this city in what could be seen as a crude X-shaped form, effectively dividing this ancient city in 4 territories, 3 of which have already been confiscated by their respective factions in command. The smaller fourth, unclaimed, territory is almost uninhabited as it serves mainly as a large cemetery for the many untimely deaths caused by the warring factions and general population of the godforsaken city.

The city itself was built around an extremely large mine, but as they delved deeper and deeper into soil and beyond, they unearthed things meant to be locked away for eternity. Whatever these things were, they have been lost from memory over time and all that remained was a broken home for many, a city without even a hint of its former glory. It had become a ghosttown, before outlaws and outcasts of all kinds started to use this area as their home. The 'New Age' - settlers managed to supress the violence and anarchistic state Ebondusk was in, by being the most violent one of them all. In the end, Ebondusk became a threeway citystate where 3 major factions held the reigns of power tightly and kept an even tighter ship in their respective territories.

The region is basicly like any other , besides not having one central army, the lay-out is fairly organized with each territory holding no monopoly of any important buildings or services. The rationed food from the farms and plantations are all divided equally amongst the three as well. The oddity of Ebondusk is that there is no jail, whenever someone is caught, be it by an angry person, mob or faction, their judgement will be dealt swiftly. Usually without a trial, but whatever they did, their freedom will never be taken as long as they live. Meaning they can be banished from Ebondusk, have a hand cut off or even killed, but never will they be put behind bars. It's a strange traditional rule that has really sunk into the people's core from ages past.

#2 Factions of Ebondusk

The Dead Eyes

This organization is known as the most ruthless one, while it doesn’t have as many members as the other factions, it makes up for in brutality and fear instilling, rebritutive actions. However, it does lack teamwork and is kept from growing due to its own mentality. It’s a dog-eat-dog world and The Dead Eyes’ members maintain that thought even in their own ranks. Nobody is to be trusted, the few holding the reigns do trust eachother though, but basicly every member is there for their own benefit, not for the greater good or any other noble cause. Those in power are absolute monsters, these 3 brothers-in-arms combined have been too much for anyone too handle so far, and their beastial savagery has reached every small nook and cranny in Ebondusk so that very few even dare to give thought on plotting something against The Dead Eyes.

Leaders: Flynn Mcgearty, Andrew O'Leary & Michael Alston

Territory: W-Ebondusk

Crimson Edge

The most organized and strict of the three, not many consider them just a band of criminals, they’re much too unified and marching as one to be a raggedy group of society’s cast-offs. Under the Crimson Edge banner, these soldiers of injustice have found a new family and each and every single one of them is glad to die fighting for their home. Notorious for being strict and merciless against any one that isn't a member, they’re also known for having and upholding their own code. They tend to teach, train and help eachother out as much as possible, giving them all a solid foundation and strong backbone. Their ranks comprise mainly of straight-up combatants, tacticians and magicians. They are however lacking in the Intelligence Gathering divisions most other factions gladly make their own, as the Crimson Edge finds Infiltration, Sabotage and other Subterfuge-related activities beneath them, usually they mind their own business and rarely start a fight with the others, but if they come knocking on their Crimson door...They move as one, they act as one … They are one. Each family has a patriarch and matriarch though, and so does this one. These two leaders are surprisingly active and fight in the vanguard of every threat coming their home’s way. Ready to die for their children, it inspires all those underneath their wing. If you harm any one of them, you better be ready to fight all of them.

Leaders: Gart Lochrest & Sarah Lafond

Territory: North-Ebondusk

The Crows

The most secretive of all 3, with one leader fully in control, this group is considered the weakest one in actual combat, but in reality almost nobody can be certain. So little is known about The Crows, that any more than whispered hear-say, rumors and superstition is a rare and valuable piece of information to come by.The menace of this syndicate lies mainly in their secrecy, their little tell-tale marks left behind near unfathomable kills. There's alot of rumors going on that their members have all dabbled in dark magicks and that they are all trained to be lethal cloak & daggers, whom are able to kill a man and disappearing before his body hit the floor. As usual these are only rumors and nothing more. The more you know...

Leader: 'The Crow'

Territory: East-Ebondusk

#3 Our own Faction

Eos

We start out as a minor gang with our den located in South-Ebondusk's cemetary, literally beneath the earth. Having modified one of the larger mausoleums, sealing it off for unwanted visitors and adding a few escape routes as well,it makes for a decent place for a vulnerable but ambitious ragtag bunch of misfits to elbow their way forward in the chain of Ebondusk's command. Every member has their own reasons for being a member of Eos and while we are all still as shaky as a newborn lamb in our new family, we're slowly but surely building a rocksolid foundation to make the others crumble and crash. Eos is undiscriminative in our members' specialties, even allowing magic users amongst our ranks. But it is a wellknown keypoint amongst all of us that we are not to reveal our memberships, ambitions or even our very personas to anyone that not needs to know. To start off we are aiming to crack the fragile balance between the 3 current main factions through sabotage, deceit, manipulation, infiltration or any other means deemed necessary!

What Eos aims to do is overthrow Ebondusk's fat cats in their comfy seats and rule Ebondusk back to an era of prosperity and renown, by whichever means necessary. Up 'till now only the rulers actually live comfy and at ease, while the rest suffers and despairs, this needs to change! To start things off, the ruling Trio needs to be dissected, disowned and disallowed to exist. Which is, of course, much easier said than done. The strategy deployed by Eos is to cause so many ripples on the shallow surface to create a tidalwave of resurgence over Ebondusk, washing away all the filth stuck in their soil. This is done by infiltration, sabotage, manipulation, deceit, subterfuge and many other methods. How exactly this will be done, is yet to be seen. But spark enough minor fuses and you can set the world ablaze.

~~

If anyone is interested, has questions or anything of the sort, please feel free to post here.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I do have a question, though...

Carl said:
To start off we are aiming to crack the fragile balance between the 3 current main factions through sabotage, deceit, manipulation, infiltration or any other means deemed necessary!
Why? What is the goal of such animosity towards the other factions? What is hoped to be gained by this? What are the defining reasons?

@Kharmin

The reasons behind the animosity towards the other factions is for each member of Eos different I'd say, every has their own personal backstory after all. Also, while Eos won't be a democracy, it won't be a dictatorship either. It'll have a person able to lay down his/her veto on a discussion, but everyone's input will always be heard and taken into account. This is relevant as to why people with different reasons would unite and fight for a 'greater good'.

PS: I'll probably make the person in command of Eos an NPC who will be there for flavor, while the PCs will be more in the heat of operations and such.

-

What is hoped to be gained by doing that is to weaken the existing, much stronger, factions by exhausting their manpower and resources against eachother rather than their 'actual enemy'. It's a middle to long-term arc in a greater plot of course, but it would be their first stepping stone.

-

If the above is too vague or you have any other questions, input or feedback, please feel free to ask! :)

Well, my personal issue is there doesn't seem to be a cohesive reason for this Eos group to be together. If everyone has their own reasons/agenda for dismantling the status quo, then collectively Eos really couldn't function. Anarchy for anarchy's sake is not conducive to any grouping of people -- no one would agree with anyone.

Now, if perhaps the other three factions were somehow detrimental to those who secretly ally themselves within Eos then things, for me, would make more sense. If there were a more compelling reason to take down the other factions, I would have an easier time of it. However, with the general overview now, I can't see that any character that I might submit would find any solid reason for being involved with Eos.

But, again, this is my opinion. It's possible that the scenario as designed makes sense to others. :)

I understand your issue honestly, I guess I should've been less vague. To me, if you ally yourself with a group that is basicly going to blow up the current state their city is in, and putting their life on the line doing so, it's pretty clear you're doing it for a reason. Whether that is because a, or more, faction has committed a great injustice to any of the members' wellbeing or it's because you feel there is need for a change in Ebondusk's current state of affaires/hierarchy and realize nothing will be done if nobody acts, etc etc

The ultimate goal of Eos is not to throw Ebondusk into anarchy, at all, it's to 'overthrow' the current governement and rule Ebondusk in their stead. Not causing anarchy, but executing a coup-d'état.

As to how Eos functions, it would function like any other rebel faction really...Every person has their own reasons for being there, but they all work together for their mutual goal. It's not because you have a different reason for it, or a different backstory, that you can't work together. While the causes may have been different, the end goal is mutual to all of Eos' members.

Think of it like this, in an army...There are some who are there because they're patriotic, others because they didn't have an option, others because they felt it was their way out of the situation they were in, etc. etc. But in the end, they're there 'to serve their country' in whichever way...I realize this comparison isn't dead-on, but I hope you know what I'm trying to say?

I dnno, it's early, need more coffee! xD

@Kharmin

OK, I must've missed it somewhere in the general overview where Eos's intentions were to overthrow the existing government and take things over. That, at least, gives them a goal and makes more sense. Perhaps some added detail as to what about the existing government is the cause for this angst or a more defined reason for why Eos wants to rule?

Just my $0.02

Yeah that makes sense, I'll write it up and edit the Original Post soon. ^^

What Eos aims to do is overthrow Ebondusk's fat cats in their comfy seats and rule Ebondusk back to an era of prosperity and renown, by whichever means necessary. Up 'till now only the rulers actually live comfy and at ease, while the rest suffers and despairs, this needs to change! To start things off, the ruling Trio needs to be dissected, disowned and disallowed to exist. Which is, of course, much easier said than done. The strategy deployed by Eos is to cause so many ripples on the shallow surface to create a tidalwave of resurgence over Ebondusk, washing away all the filth stuck in their soil. This is done by infiltration, sabotage, manipulation, deceit, subterfuge and many other methods. How exactly this will be done, is yet to be seen. But spark enough minor fuses and you can set the world ablaze.
Does this make the overview/outlining a bit clearer? Again, any input and feedback is always appreciated. ^^

PS: I purposely kept the details a bit vague to let creativity run free, such as about magicks or proficiency in key gears of the Eos machinery (Useful skills), etc. While I don't want any godmodding or 'too unreal' roleplaying in the rp, we don't all have to start out on the same level either. Some might enjoy a PC who's still learning the ropes and might cause unintentional conflicts and incidents, while another would enjoy a more savvy character from the get-go.

The red line throughout the rp should be that this is not an easy task to accomplish and a certain degree of realism and common sense should be kept in mind while roleplaying in Ebondusk.

That does help, actually. For me anyway. I have a better understanding of the situation and the current state of affairs as well as the possible goals.

I'd be interested in taking part in this roleplay, though it's clear by the way you both write that I'm not as skilled at this than you are.

Hi Cipah,

I can't promise you I'll accept your Character, if you decide on making one, but show me what you usually write like through use of the Sheet's Biography/History and I'll see if it will work out or not, ey. ^^

Just so you know, I'm not looking for anyone to be particularly skilled at writing, but I'm also not accepting people who aren't willing to put forth effort and desire to improve. I won't put a paragraph-benchmark everyone needs to adhere by at all times either though, but you probably got the gist of what I'm trying to say eh.

I'll tag everyone who has shown interest in the rp so far, as I'm not looking for more than 6-7 players at the moment, and we're almost at that amount. If everyone happens to decide to join, that is. ^^

So far we got the following people who have shown interest or who are possible players:

@Alad V

@Esme

@amdreams

@Cipah

--

If you're interested and wish to sign up for Ebondusk as well, let me know and we'll see if we can work something out; One more or less won't hurt ey. ^^

I'd love to join in,Carl,but I'm at my RP critical mass,right now. I simply won't be able to devote the attention it deserves from me.

The threads (OOC Info / CS / RP / ... ) will be up today. ^^

Archangel, you're welcome to sign up and we'll see if we can work things out for us. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back