• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Earth's Guardians [Applications Opened]

MrBrown

Eternal Padawan
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Overview
Mankind has not been alone on Earth, not for millions of years. Ever since pre-historic times, they've shared the planet with a vile race, the Trins. Millions of years ago, between the Ice Ages, a large comet struck Earth, its impact not only creating a massive crater in what is now Australia but also releasing millions upon millions of particles into the Earth's atmosphere. These comet-originated particles weren't fatal for the humans, but they weren't exactly helpful either. The particles, as they entered the human organism, would mutate it, painfully, darkening the subject's skin, increasing its physique and strength but giving it a grotesque, creature-like look. This was how the Trins came to be.

From the beginning, this new race displayed tremendous violence, something little higher than a pure beast. They roamed the continents, forming packs, then tribes, then armies, all with the purpose of hunting their original form, humans. Despite their animalist behavior, the Trins are not deprived of conscience, each and every single one of them is well aware of what they are doing. They think, plan, adapt and kill. Unlike humans, however, it was common for a pregnant Trin to give birth to five to eight newborns, their growth rate far superior than mankind's.

For centuries, mankind lived in fear of the Trins, living at their mercy, being hunted down just for their hunter's sake. Their numbers were low, humans unable to match the Trins' enhanced physique. Then, it was as if biology said "no more". The thick particle cloud was now but a thin layer. Blarbted. Trins didn't appear anymore because of the particles, their concentration too low to cause any change. However, a mix of Trins and humans began appearing. Pregnant humans would occasionally give birth to blessed babies, the combination of the Trins' enhanced abilities without losing their human appearance or gaining the unending thirst for killing. This was how the Guardians were born.

Thanks to these enhanced humans, mankind began fighting back. They took back lands they had lost but the battles weren't easy. Life on Earth was accompanied by the constant war between the Guardians and the Trins, even to today's time. Over the centuries, each side formed their own hierarchy, the Guardians distancing themselves from the humans they protected so to focus on their always present enemy. Because should the Guardians lose, mankind would surely perish.

The Guardians
Humans blessed by the particles with enhanced abilities, they take for themselves the responsibility of protecting the Earth and mankind from the threat of the Trins. The Order, as it's called around the world, has developed a monarch-like hierarchy. Sometime during the last two centuries, they've established their headquarters on Easter Island. When a human is born with what's called "the Guardian particle" he or she is taken by the Guardians in order to join their ranks. They do these with heavy hearts but so it's their duty. For this reason, mankind has grown to hate the Guardians almost as much as they hate the Trins.

The Order, because of old traditions, still uses medieval weapons. Swords, clubs, shields, spears, daggers, bows and arrows, hammers, maces, and some improvised ones. It's not uncommon to also find Guardians that prefer to fight with their fists and legs. Trintin. They rate one's power by the number of Trins a Guardian alone could take down. The Order keeps Trins imprisoned in their Island, always studying the creatures hoping to find a weakness.

Members of the Order are recognized by mankind not only because of their fighting skills but because of the signature jackets. These have long sleeves and extend all the way to their knees. Most Guardians prefer to wear them on their shoulders when they are not in battle instead of actually wearing them. On the back, it's written: "Protect". The Princesses and the Two Queens do not wear these cloaks.

• The lowest "rank" one can be within the Order. These Guardians, as the name suggests, are still in training, spending their days on Easter Island, learning the ways of the Order and of the World. They are taught how to fight and how to survive. At this point in their career, Trainees train with every weapon available with the purpose of finding out which one suits them better. From that point on, they dedicate themselves solely to that weapon.

When they reach the age of eighteen, each trainee is put into a team of four. This team is then assigned a seasoned and experienced Guardian to guide them and teach them what they wouldn't learn inside a classroom.

This is the most common rank within the Order. Many humans are born with the particle but many also die after being assigned a team, victim to the Trins once they leave the island. Trainees progress to the rank of Guardian when their assigned teacher deems them worthy of such. Should a team's teacher or member die a new one would be assigned to fill in the vacancy. Trainees do not have the signature jacket of the Order.

Power Level: between 0 and 5

The Trins
The Trins are, or better, were humans cursed by a huge amount of particles. In result, they've changed from their human appearance to that of a humanoid monster, ugly and savage. Similar to the Order, they also have a purpose in life, destroy mankind. The reason behind such endeavor is unknown. Thanks to their new biology, Trins reproduce and grow much faster than humans, their numbers far superior to the humans and Guardians.

Much like the Order, over the centuries, the Trins have established a hierarchy not so different from their enemies and, as it was expected, different levels of strength and power exist within their ranks. Their leader is the one the human world calls the Emperor. It was the first Trin to ever appear, blessed with immortal life, lest it be slain in battle. Not much is known about this Trin, as all who have seen it have not lived to tell the tale. The Order doesn't even know what it looks like or if it has any powers. Not even the Two Queens have seen it, much like it has not seen them.

After the Emperor, there are five Generals, his most trusted advisors, and warriors. These Trins usually accompany large forces. Their presence in battle often represents a great danger. One general alone is superior, in terms of strength to one Alpha. It's unknown if these five Trins have powers. Opilul. If they do, they have not shown them in battle.

Under the Generals, the next in line are the Ten Commanders. These Trins are stronger than most Guardians but each one fails in comparison with an Alpha. Not every Commander has powers but, over history, there have been reports of some of them displaying minor ones.

Finally, at the bottom, are the foot soldiers. Common Trins who blindly follow orders and love to kill and fight. A power among these soldiers is rare but powers, in general, are easier found in Trins given their high concentration of particles.

3023803-slide-s-18-weta-workshop-designer-showcases-fantastical-behind-the-scenes-concept-art.jpg

What I'm Looking For
Hey! So like you probably guess I'm looking for people to roleplay with me in this world I've come up with. I'm looking for four people. These four people would make up a Trainee team that has just been assigned a Guardian for a teacher. From there, I would lay out events as the characters progress.

This will be a slow-paced, detailed roleplay, with deep character development. The posting rate will be slow but I expect 4-5 paragraphs, so if you get bored easily this probably won't be for you. The spots won't be first come first serve as I'll inspect every CS personally and decide which ones get the part. Take in consideration the way you describe your character and how in-depth you go as that will be taken into consideration in my decisions.

I don't want full-blown novellas describing the appearance and personality, leave room for improvement and new traits, but don't give me a one-liner saying something like "calm, serene, quiet". This is not enough. Start your RTJ(Request to Join) by mentioning the random words I've spread around the thread so I know you've read through it. Trust me, you'll know the random words when you see them. Real-face claims only!

The roleplay will take place on Discord so take that into consideration. Submit your CS through PM's please, don't post the random words in the thread. Be warned I tend to be a little graphic when it comes to fighting scenes so if that bothers you or you have a problem with violence and characters(main or side) dying don't apply for this RP. I'm taking RTJs until next Saturday, October 6th. Future applications may open up when more characters are needed or if another group can be formed.

Name:
(if any)
Weapon:

Appearance: (not just a picture, written description as well)
Personality:

Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back