• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy E.R.A.A- Experiment Facility Based Rp

Which Idea is your favourite or you'd like to rp in??

Votes: 6 23.1%

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 7 26.9%

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Please type a response down below I'm totally open to suggestions!!)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No idea

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Well, on the topic of character stuff, I may actually have an idea for someone who isn't as lucky with power stuff- I have multiple little concepts for characters depending on which scenario they choose.

While true, we would have to be very carful. If we go and add an amendment to the laws of reality for each of our OCs, how long before the existence of your power implies that mine can't exist? While sure, there could be a different explanation for each power, which may account for variety, the explanations should be linked. You brought up Marvel and Detective Comics Comics (DC comics unabbreviated), so surely you know how complex those universes are. I'm unsure that level of complexity can even be closely replicated in an RP no matter how much we try.

If this is coming across as confrontational, I apologize. I'm not looking for an argument. However, when I invest in an idea, I must ensure the implications align and the plot abides to the lore. (you should hear my thoughts on the Star Wars universe)

While true, we would have to be very carful. If we go and add an amendment to the laws of reality for each of our OCs, how long before the existence of your power implies that mine can't exist? While sure, there could be a different explanation for each power, which may account for variety, the explanations should be linked. You brought up Marvel and Detective Comics Comics (DC comics unabbreviated), so surely you know how complex those universes are. I'm unsure that level of complexity can even be closely replicated in an RP no matter how much we try.

If this is coming across as confrontational, I apologize. I'm not looking for an argument. However, when I invest in an idea, I must ensure the implications align and the plot abides to the lore. (you should hear my thoughts on the Star Wars universe)

XD I must commend you on your insight into the contradictions that such a story presents. I know you're not being confrontational and I hope I'm not coming across as the same either. I think for the sake of just having fun with an RP and creating a good story for our characters to live in, I think the best line of logic to take is "because the story made it that way" until more concrete evidence for anything comes about, as dictated by the creator, since I'm sure Cosmos Cosmos has their own story and we're just making conjecture at this point. So, I for one just want to make a character and have fun writing it out with all you other lovely players interested here XD

(side note: I'm not a huge buff on Star Wars lore, but I can already imagine the kinds of thoughts you must have on its blatant contradictions from one movie/show/book/canon to the next XD)

Glad I could contribute XD Yeah, I'm already planning a sort of loner character (no, not angsty "I'm brooding in the dark corner" loner XD) who just doesn't want to get close to anyone for fear of hurting them or being hurt, especially since I plan on making her abilities a little unstable, but I'm pretty sure in the end she'll end up finding a group that accepts her and sticking with them.

I can't answer that because I'm just a dude who jumped in with a few good ideas, but I think my ideal setting would be leaning towards realistic/physical powers, like I'm planning on making my character have some above-average strength and super regeneration/self-healing. I think physical and psychic powers would be probably the most acceptable, since they are being experimented on their bodies and minds, so something like "shadow manipulation" maybe a little too abstract (like how do you make a body control shadows?) but shapeshifting would be good because you can explain it as DNA or cellular-level control, stuff like that. I tend to lean towards "superpowers backed by science" myself, for me there's always a reason why the character can do what they can XD But that's just my two cents, HappyPika might have more relaxed powers and let you go for something like that. (although, not that I care personally, but why is there always a "shadow user" power? That one always gets under my skin because it's so edgy and kinda overpowered if taken to an extreme, just my opinion XD)

Shadow is definitely a popular element, but I really enjoy the flexibility of its applications. I assumed that number 6 was geared towards more of a metahuman universe and would be similar to how most comic characters and those from other media sources don't really have scientific justification (at least not stuff that would happen in our reality), which would free up the type of abilities people could choose from. Honestly, there's a lot of repetition with powers in general and I probably feel similar to you, but with fire manipulation and certain personality/history traits.

-------

I'm fine with some scientific justification (which I think would be easier for number 3 or 4), which I also think I could work into a shapeshifting ability. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the more restrictions put onto the RP the harder it's going to be to justify the plot, both in regards to the powers/whatever qualities gained/being studied from the experimentation, as well the fact that there's any experiments going on to begin with. I do like that there's a discussion going on though and it looks Like we could end up with a really well though out world/setting :)

[Wakes up from sleeping in] Oh, I have a few new notifications!~ :3 [Checks thread] //OvO// *Flips table* DA HECK HAPPENED HERE XD (I'll try get to ya all one by one lool "^w^ Truth be told I hate Gm-ing rp's but I just really wanted this one lool)

BEFORE I GET TO ALL THIS I'D LIKE TO JUST RANDOMLY STATE THAT SOMEHOW 4 IS CURRENTLY WINNINg IN THE POLLS DESPITE NO ONE MENTIONING IT XD ( The polls aren't the be all for this just as a heads up, just a general idea for me of interest :3 )

I’ve gotta say I’m pretty interested in a combination of ideas 1 and 6 :3
Thanks!!
I like all of them to be honest, but I also think that a combination of 1 and 6 would be cool.
:3
Ooh I think a combo of 1 and 6 would work great. (edit, or 5!! <3)
Seems that's pretty popular XD
Ooo lots of Weapon X feels. I'm interested!

Edit: I like 1, 5 and 6!
Cool!! No idea what that is but I'll assume it's good lool XD =v=P
I'm interested! Any of the ideas sounds good xD
Thanks woofy!!!!! :3
Interested as well!
1 & 6 sound awesome, and I see I'm not the first one who thought a combination of both could be fun
XD thanks
I like number 1 the most. If we are mixing then I would vote to combine it with 2 and/or 4/5.
Whats the oldest that characters can be?
cool!! Interesting to see a different combination of numbers, oldest? Hm I suppose the ages I'd like to keep are between 6-26 though this changes depending on which plot, in others only teenagers and some that are more recent would be a smaller gap between.
I am so many versions of interested. A combo of 1 and 5 would be my vote, but my only concern would be if this turns into one of those things where we just react to things. So long as there is a way to keep it fresh sign me up.
Yeah XD
That's why I like 1 the most. Lots of potential for runaways to do almost anything and lots of people/organizations they could end up working with, etc.
For some reason this post reminded me of Elsa from frozen with the running away thing XD I dunno I just woke up
Hello!!
I like 1, 5, and 6 myself. Keep me all up in this for more information *-*
sure!! =v=P
I like 1, 2, and 6.
Thanks!!
Normally I'm not into these type of stories, but this one actually has me a bit intrigued for some reason XD If we can garner up the interest to actually keep it going for a while, I think #6 would be a good place to start, then have it lead to #1 when they realize that through their experimenting that they can control their abilities and use them to escape and live on the run. I can kinda see them forming little family groups that are really close, sticking together as they try to escape and either live their lives under cover or help the ones who want to get back home to do so. Maybe even have a few who form a "resistance" gang that escapes but regularly breaks back into the facility to try to rescue anyone who got left behind, so you can have some players inside and out of the facility at the same time to keep things interesting :3

And yeah, because I'm kinda going in depth here, I guess that means I'd be interested in being a co-GM to help out, plus I'm not too shabby with bbcode most of the time, I'm not the best at it, but I can make things pretty XD Cosmos Cosmos
ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.
I was honestly just browsing through the interest checks or something to waste some time on, and now I'm actually like super hyped for this and I don't know why, but it's gonna be fun! XD

So I was thinking for one more plot twist, maybe some of the characters still living in the facility start to view it as a safe haven from the outside world because even though the facility is experimenting on them, they were attacked and mistreated because of their abilities before they were discovered and brought here, so they don't want to escape and even fight against the others who want to leave to make them stay. Just to add a little player-versus-player drama and action to it. that'd be my option #7 :3
omg I'm loving this idea! Jumping ahead too and thinking of making a reliable 'older brother' to the group that wants to escape haha
lool, kk!! sounds really interesting actually
What kind of powers are viable for the #6 scenario? Do you want them to be more realistic or is there more leeway? My go to mutant/superpower abilities are usually some sort of shapeshifting or dark manipulation abilities so that's what I'm particularly interested in knowing if it would work.
Hm, well for number 6 more along your stereotypical and less conventional powers, ice manipulation, fire manipulation- uh, if you've ever seen Gakuen Alice the anime I HIGHLY suggest that's what you look at since a lot of my inspiration for how that plot would go was taken form there.
I suppose that one of the benefits of #6 would also be the potential for rival groups to be looking for the kids. There could be any number/type of multiple agencies competing in order to posses the most metahumans/whatever they would be called. Plus threats from people who are afraid of them and possible sympathisers to help support the kids or the resistance group.
yeah!!
Glad I could contribute XD Yeah, I'm already planning a sort of loner character (no, not angsty "I'm brooding in the dark corner" loner XD) who just doesn't want to get close to anyone for fear of hurting them or being hurt, especially since I plan on making her abilities a little unstable, but I'm pretty sure in the end she'll end up finding a group that accepts her and sticking with them.

I can't answer that because I'm just a dude who jumped in with a few good ideas, but I think my ideal setting would be leaning towards realistic/physical powers, like I'm planning on making my character have some above-average strength and super regeneration/self-healing. I think physical and psychic powers would be probably the most acceptable, since they are being experimented on their bodies and minds, so something like "shadow manipulation" maybe a little too abstract (like how do you make a body control shadows?) but shapeshifting would be good because you can explain it as DNA or cellular-level control, stuff like that. I tend to lean towards "superpowers backed by science" myself, for me there's always a reason why the character can do what they can XD But that's just my two cents, HappyPika might have more relaxed powers and let you go for something like that. (although, not that I care personally, but why is there always a "shadow user" power? That one always gets under my skin because it's so edgy and kinda overpowered if taken to an extreme, just my opinion XD)
ANGST.
already ships the two :3 He can be her support

On the topic of powers, I was planning on my character having diamond mimicry/manipulation
Haha, she's not really the kind to ship, though I guess someone might be able to win her over if they really tried XD I think she'd be far more likely to support him if he reaches out to her and tries to maintain contact, she doesn't want anyone looking up to her because she feels like she's a disaster, but she'd probably be willing to lend a hand to those who actually make an effort to befriend her. She's not really social, she won't be the first to strike up conversation, but she's likes things done right and done now, if someone she respects asks her to join in on something, she'll give you 110%, whether it's breaking out of superhero prison or making cookies XD
Shipping lool~
I hate to interrupt this touching moment, but the way I see it, the scenario hinges on whatever the origin of the powers/mutations are. #6 implies characters are born with powers, which begs the question of how many generations has that been going on, when did it start, what caused it if anyone knows, ect. If there had always been powered people then they wold have been properly integrated into society the same was other segregated groups had. On the other hand if the powers came from the facility itself, it would enhance the secrecy factor as well as make the reaction of the populace less predictable. But this begs the question of how this is possible, is there a way to stop it, and is it the only facility of its kind in this or any country?

As for the power scale, it again harks back to where the powers come from. If it is as Stickdom predicts and strictly DNA manipulation, then it would be more physical. On the other hand we could be dealing with something more "supernatural" or otherwise outside our current reams of science. Perhaps a new form of energy is discovered that can be harnessed by certain biochemicals found within our characters, or the government got a hold of something they don't understand. My stance is that if "magic" existed, it would be a science in itself. (which is why I can't stand the lore of Harry Potter. No doubt it has award winning plot, but I can't handle broken latin and twigs manipulating reality) I myself desire the power of hardlight augmentation (think regular hardlight projection, but off of existing objects, hence augmentation).

I'd also like to ask if we are actually dealing with the government, or something privately funded? Both have their eyebrow raising implications.
Hm, to an extent DNA manipulation though with 6 it more revolves around preexisiting powers due to [insert event]
Darn you for breaking it, I was practicing my "suspension of disbelief" ability :P I can see your points, the whole "where did powers come from and why aren't they in society more" is a big one. I think the most logical response I have is to relate it to the (imaginary) facility of the SCP fandom, where they collect supernatural occurrences that seemingly happen at random in order to prevent them from influencing the public global community, some of them being objects, others being people, and securing them for study and research as well as putting them in captivity for the world's "protection". So I guess I'm leaning more towards random supernatural occurrences being taken by a private non-aligned organization for study and experimentation.

(If you don't know what SCP is, look it up, but be warned, you'll be on the wiki for years XD )
lool
Nothing against you Stickdom, but if I'm going to be honest the word "randomly" causes my insides to churn. This is far too massive, sudden and complex to happen so anomalously. Something specific must be causing this, be it the facility itself, an unaffiliated organization, or even something more ancient. This is not to say I'm against seemingly random. Whether our OCs ever find out the cause or not should be determined in the RP itself. But to say our character's powers happened without explanation is a premiss I cannot understand. But then again I'm the guy that focuses more on the implications of lore than the actual plot (makes it very difficult to enjoy things). Frankly it's up to TheHappyPikachu and the other RPers, but my vote lies in some explanation if for no other reason then to add intrigue and stakes to the plot. If asked I could probably come up with a few, as I have no doubt you could as well, but it is up to the RP as a whole.
Yeah, I do have my thoughts on this but currently just trying to get through everyones posts XD
I like 1 and 6, with maybe a little hint of 4
XD Cool!!
Perhaps "randomly" is too wide of a category, perhaps "coincidentally" is more viable. No one said the supernatural activity had to be linked to one event, they're all separate occurrences that happen to be spread out to different areas so they are happening congruently, but not all the effects are matched to a single cause. Like "regular" superheroes, Spider-man being bit by a radioactive spider has nothing to to with Iron Man being able to make a super robot suit or Superman being from another planet, but they happen at the same time together all the same (I know that's mixing superhero worlds, fight me Marvel vs. DC XD ). The only thing that HAS to link them together at all is the fact that there is one secretive organization that is collecting them and experimenting, perhaps feeling like they're doing it "for the greater good", but for the purpose of this RP, they're the antagonist.

I also kinda feel like we're taking a simple, fun premise that Cosmos Cosmos put together and making it far more complicated than it needs to be XD I'm totally down for dropping all semblances of realism and just being like "Hey, that guy can turn into a godzilla monster and he can spit butterflies out of his nose, let's go on an adventure." XD
….. I want fan art of a godzilla with butterflies coming out of his nose now lool.
Well, on the topic of character stuff, I may actually have an idea for someone who isn't as lucky with power stuff- I have multiple little concepts for characters depending on which scenario they choose.
Oooooooo~

XD Oh daum.
XD I must commend you on your insight into the contradictions that such a story presents. I know you're not being confrontational and I hope I'm not coming across as the same either. I think for the sake of just having fun with an RP and creating a good story for our characters to live in, I think the best line of logic to take is "because the story made it that way" until more concrete evidence for anything comes about, as dictated by the creator, since I'm sure Cosmos Cosmos has their own story and we're just making conjecture at this point. So, I for one just want to make a character and have fun writing it out with all you other lovely players interested here XD

(side note: I'm not a huge buff on Star Wars lore, but I can already imagine the kinds of thoughts you must have on its blatant contradictions from one movie/show/book/canon to the next XD)
Why did I just make a pun about someone with eye related abilities when I read insightful? XD
Shadow is definitely a popular element, but I really enjoy the flexibility of its applications. I assumed that number 6 was geared towards more of a metahuman universe and would be similar to how most comic characters and those from other media sources don't really have scientific justification (at least not stuff that would happen in our reality), which would free up the type of abilities people could choose from. Honestly, there's a lot of repetition with powers in general and I probably feel similar to you, but with fire manipulation and certain personality/history traits.

-------

I'm fine with some scientific justification (which I think would be easier for number 3 or 4), which I also think I could work into a shapeshifting ability. The only thing I'm concerned about is that the more restrictions put onto the RP the harder it's going to be to justify the plot, both in regards to the powers/whatever qualities gained/being studied from the experimentation, as well the fact that there's any experiments going on to begin with. I do like that there's a discussion going on though and it looks Like we could end up with a really well though out world/setting :)
It really depends on the plot of each. XD to tell the truth I was actually somewhat biased towards a 5/6 kinda combo but after all this I'm confuzzled.

Cosmos Cosmos Welcome back, we blew up your thread XD Sorry I kinda got all philosophical there, I guess the gist of all my posts is that I’m hyped and glad to help co-gm if you want :D

Cosmos Cosmos Welcome back, we blew up your thread XD Sorry I kinda got all philosophical there, I guess the gist of all my posts is that I’m hyped and glad to help co-gm if you want :D
XD ha, thanks! Glad ta' have you onboard :3

Cool!! No idea what that is but I'll assume it's good lool XD =v=P
It's from the marvel universe! Usually seen in x men universe. Basically a group experimenting on mutants to create a weapon they can control. I've also watched the first episode of the anime you mentioned in the first post. Mad scientist parents, research facility compound, now they're free. I like it, very slice of life! ^^

It's from the marvel universe! Usually seen in x men universe. Basically a group experimenting on mutants to create a weapon they can control. I've also watched the first episode of the anime you mentioned in the first post. Mad scientist parents, research facility compound, now they're free. I like it, very slice of life! ^^
Ah, really? XD Yeah, it's pretty cute but the further you go in the more you begin to realise things are darker. That's the kinda vibe I want to achieve, I'd love a small group of people in a situation similar to theirs trying to work out how to live an ordinary life whilst dealing with issues and being hunted down, I really want a couple of people to watch like the first four or so episodes (Those that are realised subtitled so far lool) so they can help me build up the idea, since 1 and 6 seem to have won things over I'd like to take that approach with more supernatural type abilities, an yet have soemthing from their abilities or at least what the facility did in testing to try and 'enhance' them or train them that is a give away key feature, maybe even humans that didn't have abilities in the first place but they choose to try and create to match that of the supernatural powered ones, a good example being that the dog boy and mind reader might be natural born abilities, where as the nature girl and the spider girl would be artificially created. :3

Ah, really? XD Yeah, it's pretty cute but the further you go in the more you begin to realise things are darker. That's the kinda vibe I want to achieve, I'd love a small group of people in a situation similar to theirs trying to work out how to live an ordinary life whilst dealing with issues and being hunted down, I really want a couple of people to watch like the first four or so episodes (Those that are realised subtitled so far lool) so they can help me build up the idea, since 1 and 6 seem to have won things over I'd like to take that approach with more supernatural type abilities, an yet have soemthing from their abilities or at least what the facility did in testing to try and 'enhance' them or train them that is a give away key feature, maybe even humans that didn't have abilities in the first place but they choose to try and create to match that of the supernatural powered ones, a good example being that the dog boy and mind reader might be natural born abilities, where as the nature girl and the spider girl would be artificially created. :3
I'll definitely be watching the rest of it and plan to continue doing so till it finishes. Thanks for sharing it! ^^ I might not have the time to help with plot/world writing, but if you need help coding something simple and mobile friendly, just let me know.

I'll definitely be watching the rest of it and plan to continue doing so till it finishes. Thanks for sharing it! ^^ I might not have the time to help with plot/world writing, but if you need help coding something simple and mobile friendly, just let me know.
Ah, thanks!! Any help is much appreciated :3

HUZAH! WE HAVE DIRECTION! Your return is welcomed Joyous Electric Pokemon. While I have never GMed or Co-GMed before, as you can see I think way too much. If at any point world building/explanation assistance is required, you have my pen.

HUZAH! WE HAVE DIRECTION! Your return is welcomed Joyous Electric Pokemon. While I have never GMed or Co-GMed before, as you can see I think way too much. If at any point world building/explanation assistance is required, you have my pen.
XD I would love to recruit you onto my team!! I believe I shall be making a discord for this shortly for ease of communication, do you have a good idea of how many people I should muster together for this? I want it to last a long time, even if it slows down I've been rp's that go on for ages, it solely depends on members being dedicated enough to keep posting. :3

XD I would love to recruit you onto my team!! I believe I shall be making a discord for this shortly for ease of communication, do you have a good idea of how many people I should muster together for this? I want it to last a long time, even if it slows down I've been rp's that go on for ages, it solely depends on members being dedicated enough to keep posting. :3

If you want a solid story to last a long while, the hard cap for dedicated players is usually around 8-10, depending on the groups. If the story starts to split up, such as some characters escaping and some staying behind, you can usually allow about 4 players per group to keep the flow going, but if they join back together it’s not overwhelming. For this RP, I’d say max out at 12 total players but only about 8 consistent players and expect a few to drop in and out.

I DM/GM quite a bit in a variety of genres and styles, this tends to be the golden ratio for players in a decent group setting, not too big to keep track of, not too small that people get bored.

*thinking noises*
People get left behind if there are too many, but there is slow progress if there are too few. I suggest seeing how many of the ones who expressed interest here follow through and join the Discord within, say 3 days, and go from there. The number of people will have an impact on the scenario as a whole, so we should gauge that first.

If you want a solid story to last a long while, the hard cap for dedicated players is usually around 8-10, depending on the groups. If the story starts to split up, such as some characters escaping and some staying behind, you can usually allow about 4 players per group to keep the flow going, but if they join back together it’s not overwhelming. For this RP, I’d say max out at 12 total players but only about 8 consistent players and expect a few to drop in and out.

I DM/GM quite a bit in a variety of genres and styles, this tends to be the golden ratio for players in a decent group setting, not too big to keep track of, not too small that people get bored.
*thinking noises*
People get left behind if there are too many, but there is slow progress if there are too few. I suggest seeing how many of the ones who expressed interest here follow through and join the Discord within, say 3 days, and go from there. The number of people will have an impact on the scenario as a whole, so we should gauge that first.
Hm, I agree, I think a good 12 since that leaves the enactable space for up to 4-5 people to drop or leave before and during the play, leaving us with around 8 with of course the possibility go boosting it back up later :3

Hm, I agree, I think a good 12 since that leaves the enactable space for up to 4-5 people to drop or leave before and during the play, leaving us with around 8 with of course the possibility go boosting it back up later :3
by the way ithink you have more then 12 people already. According to your poll 16 people have voted

Either way, the group's gotten a bit too big for me and I think I've missed out on too much to feel involved enough to hop on board now :)
And that's got nothing to do with this RP btw! I love the idea, it reminds me of the Promised Neverland and I've been looking for an RP heading in that direction.
It's just myself being a bit picky haha
But I do wish you all the best & a lot of fun :)
Actually we only have 8 confirmed members in the discord? "^w^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back