• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy E.R.A.A- Experiment Facility Based Rp

Which Idea is your favourite or you'd like to rp in??

Votes: 6 23.1%

Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 7 26.9%

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Please type a response down below I'm totally open to suggestions!!)

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No idea

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Cosmos

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧crying over fictional lesbians (╥︣﹏᷅╥)
32b4b21ac817764f56679121f4a17f5e170bc268_hq.gif

Heya!!

Essentially I've been having a real craving to make an rp based around Jikken-hin Kazoku: Creatures Family Days, the anime for a while now. For most of you who I assume don't know what that is it's basically a group of adolescents who've been experimented on and subject to tests since humans that now escaped the facility and are trying to live an ordinary life. I don't plan to copy this by any means but I do have a few ideas that I was wondering if anyone would be interested in?? :3
1. Experiment subjects lives after escaping a facility/still on the run from captors/government officials.

2. Experiment subjects lives in the facility with testing going on, based around children and adolescents. (As to what experiments are taking place or what they're being subjected to is up to choice, though will probably lean on the physical side).

3. Government officials are trying to create their own super soldier, by testing on children, wether it be drugs that may boost adrenaline or strength to how much pain a body can take, even biotic parts fitted.

4. A Government facility where experimentation to achieve a 'greater good' is made, taking in children they then modify their bodies with animal or otherwise genetic spliced parts, creating what most would view as monsters, hiding it under the false pretence that it is for advancements in medical technology.

5. Sick or severely injured children are sent to a facility as their last hope, or under the desperate plea for help from their parents though once inside, no visitors are allowed and as of current times no one has come back out, being a relatively new program, inside they do experiments on the children embedding them with unnatural powers, supernatural abilities in an attempt to create an army and at the same time preserve their health, threatened with not surviving if they leave.

6. Children with special abilities have been taken from their homes for decades to be experimented on, locked away where they apparently can't hurt anyone- anyone except who the government wants them to, if your power if useful to them you get treated better, if it's harmless they simply do testing and lock you away…. But if your power is dangerous, it's a rare chance you'll ever see the sun.

WINNER IS 1 & 6!!!!!!!

Please leave your favourite idea's number down below along with any suggestions, interest or feedback on things, I really want to build a strong, long lasting rp and defiantly need a co-gm or two to help out or someone who's good with codes! XD

064604402ae8631a6775f28433584ac4.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 444074

Heya!!

Essentially I've been having a real craving to make an rp based around Jikken-hin Kazoku: Creatures Family Days, the anime for a while now. For most of you who I assume don't know what that is it's basically a group of adolescents who've been experimented on and subject to tests since humans that now escaped the facility and are trying to live an ordinary life. I don't plan to copy this by any means but I do have a few ideas that I was wondering if anyone would be interested in?? :3
1. Experiment subjects lives after escaping a facility/still on the run from captors/government officials.

2. Experiment subjects lives in the facility with testing going on, based around children and adolescents. (As to what experiments are taking place or what they're being subjected to is up to choice, though will probably lean on the physical side).

3. Government officials are trying to create their own super soldier, by testing on children, wether it be drugs that may boost adrenaline or strength to how much pain a body can take, even biotic parts fitted.

4. A Government facility where experimentation to achieve a 'greater good' is made, taking in children they then modify their bodies with animal or otherwise genetic spliced parts, creating what most would view as monsters, hiding it under the false pretence that it is for advancements in medical technology.

5. Sick or severely injured children are sent to a facility as their last hope, or under the desperate plea for help from their parents though once inside, no visitors are allowed and as of current times no one has come back out, being a relatively new program, inside they do experiments on the children embedding them with unnatural powers, supernatural abilities in an attempt to create an army and at the same time preserve their health, threatened with not surviving if they leave.

6. Children with special abilities have been taken from their homes for decades to be experimented on, locked away where they apparently can't hurt anyone- anyone except who the government wants them to, if your power if useful to them you get treated better, if it's harmless they simply do testing and lock you away…. But if your power is dangerous, it's a rare chance you'll ever see the sun.

Please leave your favourite idea's number down below along with any suggestions, interest or feedback on things, I really want to build a strong, long lasting rp and defiantly need a co-gm or two to help out or someone who's good with codes! XD

View attachment 444072

I’ve gotta say I’m pretty interested in a combination of ideas 1 and 6 :3

I like number 1 the most. If we are mixing then I would vote to combine it with 2 and/or 4/5.
Whats the oldest that characters can be?

Last edited:
I am so many versions of interested. A combo of 1 and 5 would be my vote, but my only concern would be if this turns into one of those things where we just react to things. So long as there is a way to keep it fresh sign me up.

I am so many versions of interested. A combo of 1 and 5 would be my vote, but my only concern would be if this turns into one of those things where we just react to things. So long as there is a way to keep it fresh sign me up.

That's why I like 1 the most. Lots of potential for runaways to do almost anything and lots of people/organizations they could end up working with, etc.

Normally I'm not into these type of stories, but this one actually has me a bit intrigued for some reason XD If we can garner up the interest to actually keep it going for a while, I think #6 would be a good place to start, then have it lead to #1 when they realize that through their experimenting that they can control their abilities and use them to escape and live on the run. I can kinda see them forming little family groups that are really close, sticking together as they try to escape and either live their lives under cover or help the ones who want to get back home to do so. Maybe even have a few who form a "resistance" gang that escapes but regularly breaks back into the facility to try to rescue anyone who got left behind, so you can have some players inside and out of the facility at the same time to keep things interesting :3

And yeah, because I'm kinda going in depth here, I guess that means I'd be interested in being a co-GM to help out, plus I'm not too shabby with bbcode most of the time, I'm not the best at it, but I can make things pretty XD Cosmos Cosmos

Last edited:
I was honestly just browsing through the interest checks or something to waste some time on, and now I'm actually like super hyped for this and I don't know why, but it's gonna be fun! XD

So I was thinking for one more plot twist, maybe some of the characters still living in the facility start to view it as a safe haven from the outside world because even though the facility is experimenting on them, they were attacked and mistreated because of their abilities before they were discovered and brought here, so they don't want to escape and even fight against the others who want to leave to make them stay. Just to add a little player-versus-player drama and action to it. that'd be my option #7 :3

I was honestly just browsing through the interest checks or something to waste some time on, and now I'm actually like super hyped for this and I don't know why, but it's gonna be fun! XD

So I was thinking for one more plot twist, maybe some of the characters still living in the facility start to view it as a safe haven from the outside world because even though the facility is experimenting on them, they were attacked and mistreated because of their abilities before they were discovered and brought here, so they don't want to escape and even fight against the others who want to leave to make them stay. Just to add a little player-versus-player drama and action to it. that'd be my option #7 :3
omg I'm loving this idea! Jumping ahead too and thinking of making a reliable 'older brother' to the group that wants to escape haha

What kind of powers are viable for the #6 scenario? Do you want them to be more realistic or is there more leeway? My go to mutant/superpower abilities are usually some sort of shapeshifting or dark manipulation abilities so that's what I'm particularly interested in knowing if it would work.

Normally I'm not into these type of stories, but this one actually has me a bit intrigued for some reason XD If we can garner up the interest to actually keep it going for a while, I think #6 would be a good place to start, then have it lead to #1 when they realize that through their experimenting that they can control their abilities and use them to escape and live on the run. I can kinda see them forming little family groups that are really close, sticking together as they try to escape and either live their lives under cover or help the ones who want to get back home to do so. Maybe even have a few who form a "resistance" gang that escapes but regularly breaks back into the facility to try to rescue anyone who got left behind, so you can have some players inside and out of the facility at the same time to keep things interesting :3

And yeah, because I'm kinda going in depth here, I guess that means I'd be interested in being a co-GM to help out, plus I'm not too shabby with bbcode most of the time, I'm not the best at it, but I can make things pretty XD Cosmos Cosmos

I suppose that one of the benefits of #6 would also be the potential for rival groups to be looking for the kids. There could be any number/type of multiple agencies competing in order to posses the most metahumans/whatever they would be called. Plus threats from people who are afraid of them and possible sympathisers to help support the kids or the resistance group.

omg I'm loving this idea! Jumping ahead too and thinking of making a reliable 'older brother' to the group that wants to escape haha

Glad I could contribute XD Yeah, I'm already planning a sort of loner character (no, not angsty "I'm brooding in the dark corner" loner XD) who just doesn't want to get close to anyone for fear of hurting them or being hurt, especially since I plan on making her abilities a little unstable, but I'm pretty sure in the end she'll end up finding a group that accepts her and sticking with them.

What kind of powers are viable for the #6 scenario? Do you want them to be more realistic or is there more leeway? My go to mutant/superpower abilities are usually some sort of shapeshifting or dark manipulation abilities so that's what I'm particularly interested in knowing if it would work.

I can't answer that because I'm just a dude who jumped in with a few good ideas, but I think my ideal setting would be leaning towards realistic/physical powers, like I'm planning on making my character have some above-average strength and super regeneration/self-healing. I think physical and psychic powers would be probably the most acceptable, since they are being experimented on their bodies and minds, so something like "shadow manipulation" maybe a little too abstract (like how do you make a body control shadows?) but shapeshifting would be good because you can explain it as DNA or cellular-level control, stuff like that. I tend to lean towards "superpowers backed by science" myself, for me there's always a reason why the character can do what they can XD But that's just my two cents, HappyPika might have more relaxed powers and let you go for something like that. (although, not that I care personally, but why is there always a "shadow user" power? That one always gets under my skin because it's so edgy and kinda overpowered if taken to an extreme, just my opinion XD)

Glad I could contribute XD Yeah, I'm already planning a sort of loner character (no, not angsty "I'm brooding in the dark corner" loner XD) who just doesn't want to get close to anyone for fear of hurting them or being hurt, especially since I plan on making her abilities a little unstable, but I'm pretty sure in the end she'll end up finding a group that accepts her and sticking with them.
already ships the two :3 He can be her support

On the topic of powers, I was planning on my character having diamond mimicry/manipulation

already ships the two :3 He can be her support

On the topic of powers, I was planning on my character having diamond mimicry/manipulation

Haha, she's not really the kind to ship, though I guess someone might be able to win her over if they really tried XD I think she'd be far more likely to support him if he reaches out to her and tries to maintain contact, she doesn't want anyone looking up to her because she feels like she's a disaster, but she'd probably be willing to lend a hand to those who actually make an effort to befriend her. She's not really social, she won't be the first to strike up conversation, but she's likes things done right and done now, if someone she respects asks her to join in on something, she'll give you 110%, whether it's breaking out of superhero prison or making cookies XD

I hate to interrupt this touching moment, but the way I see it, the scenario hinges on whatever the origin of the powers/mutations are. #6 implies characters are born with powers, which begs the question of how many generations has that been going on, when did it start, what caused it if anyone knows, ect. If there had always been powered people then they wold have been properly integrated into society the same was other segregated groups had. On the other hand if the powers came from the facility itself, it would enhance the secrecy factor as well as make the reaction of the populace less predictable. But this begs the question of how this is possible, is there a way to stop it, and is it the only facility of its kind in this or any country?

As for the power scale, it again harks back to where the powers come from. If it is as Stickdom predicts and strictly DNA manipulation, then it would be more physical. On the other hand we could be dealing with something more "supernatural" or otherwise outside our current reams of science. Perhaps a new form of energy is discovered that can be harnessed by certain biochemicals found within our characters, or the government got a hold of something they don't understand. My stance is that if "magic" existed, it would be a science in itself. (which is why I can't stand the lore of Harry Potter. No doubt it has award winning plot, but I can't handle broken latin and twigs manipulating reality) I myself desire the power of hardlight augmentation (think regular hardlight projection, but off of existing objects, hence augmentation).

I'd also like to ask if we are actually dealing with the government, or something privately funded? Both have their eyebrow raising implications.

I hate to interrupt this touching moment, but the way I see it, the scenario hinges on whatever the origin of the powers/mutations are. #6 implies characters are born with powers, which begs the question of how many generations has that been going on, when did it start, what caused it if anyone knows, ect. If there had always been powered people then they wold have been properly integrated into society the same was other segregated groups had. On the other hand if the powers came from the facility itself, it would enhance the secrecy factor as well as make the reaction of the populace less predictable. But this begs the question of how this is possible, is there a way to stop it, and is it the only facility of its kind in this or any country?

As for the power scale, it again harks back to where the powers come from. If it is as Stickdom predicts and strictly DNA manipulation, then it would be more physical. On the other hand we could be dealing with something more "supernatural" or otherwise outside our current reams of science. Perhaps a new form of energy is discovered that can be harnessed by certain biochemicals found within our characters, or the government got a hold of something they don't understand. My stance is that if "magic" existed, it would be a science in itself. (which is why I can't stand the lore of Harry Potter. No doubt it has award winning plot, but I can't handle broken latin and twigs manipulating reality) I myself desire the power of hardlight augmentation (think regular hardlight projection, but off of existing objects, hence augmentation).

I'd also like to ask if we are actually dealing with the government, or something privately funded? Both have their eyebrow raising implications.

Darn you for breaking it, I was practicing my "suspension of disbelief" ability :P I can see your points, the whole "where did powers come from and why aren't they in society more" is a big one. I think the most logical response I have is to relate it to the (imaginary) facility of the SCP fandom, where they collect supernatural occurrences that seemingly happen at random in order to prevent them from influencing the public global community, some of them being objects, others being people, and securing them for study and research as well as putting them in captivity for the world's "protection". So I guess I'm leaning more towards random supernatural occurrences being taken by a private non-aligned organization for study and experimentation.

(If you don't know what SCP is, look it up, but be warned, you'll be on the wiki for years XD )

Nothing against you Stickdom, but if I'm going to be honest the word "randomly" causes my insides to churn. This is far too massive, sudden and complex to happen so anomalously. Something specific must be causing this, be it the facility itself, an unaffiliated organization, or even something more ancient. This is not to say I'm against seemingly random. Whether our OCs ever find out the cause or not should be determined in the RP itself. But to say our character's powers happened without explanation is a premiss I cannot understand. But then again I'm the guy that focuses more on the implications of lore than the actual plot (makes it very difficult to enjoy things). Frankly it's up to TheHappyPikachu and the other RPers, but my vote lies in some explanation if for no other reason then to add intrigue and stakes to the plot. If asked I could probably come up with a few, as I have no doubt you could as well, but it is up to the RP as a whole.

Nothing against you Stickdom, but if I'm going to be honest the word "randomly" causes my insides to churn. This is far too massive, sudden and complex to happen so anomalously. Something specific must be causing this, be it the facility itself, an unaffiliated organization, or even something more ancient. This is not to say I'm against seemingly random. Whether our OCs ever find out the cause or not should be determined in the RP itself. But to say our character's powers happened without explanation is a premiss I cannot understand. But then again I'm the guy that focuses more on the implications of lore than the actual plot (makes it very difficult to enjoy things). Frankly it's up to TheHappyPikachu and the other RPers, but my vote lies in some explanation if for no other reason then to add intrigue and stakes to the plot. If asked I could probably come up with a few, as I have no doubt you could as well, but it is up to the RP as a whole.

Perhaps "randomly" is too wide of a category, perhaps "coincidentally" is more viable. No one said the supernatural activity had to be linked to one event, they're all separate occurrences that happen to be spread out to different areas so they are happening congruently, but not all the effects are matched to a single cause. Like "regular" superheroes, Spider-man being bit by a radioactive spider has nothing to to with Iron Man being able to make a super robot suit or Superman being from another planet, but they happen at the same time together all the same (I know that's mixing superhero worlds, fight me Marvel vs. DC XD ). The only thing that HAS to link them together at all is the fact that there is one secretive organization that is collecting them and experimenting, perhaps feeling like they're doing it "for the greater good", but for the purpose of this RP, they're the antagonist.

I also kinda feel like we're taking a simple, fun premise that Cosmos Cosmos put together and making it far more complicated than it needs to be XD I'm totally down for dropping all semblances of realism and just being like "Hey, that guy can turn into a godzilla monster and he can spit butterflies out of his nose, let's go on an adventure." XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back