• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dungeon World: Forgotten Cliffs

Silanon

Four Thousand Club
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"Some things better stay forgotten. Every few decades, someone will make his way south, and fail just like all the others whose preparations he studied for years. People will talk about them for a while, then turn back to the normal life they're supposed to be living. I've seen it from afar - a strange place. There's nothing to be found other than the short-time glory to be the latest victim of its giant cliffs. Forget about it. Let the eagles guard their nests, and turn to those problems in front of your doors."

Dargarin, archmage of the Empire of the Flame

South Harbour - a small village, as spectacular as the name suggests. Barely three dozen huts are spread around a deepwater bay, two small cutters are bobbing up and down in the occasional waves. For visitors, this pretty much seems like the end of the world, with nothing else than wilderness  and water around. And yet, the streets are busy tonight, a group of soldiers, merchants and henchmen swarming the pier and storage shed, unloading wagons full of provisions, raw materials, and even weapons. When the sun reaches its peak tomorrow, all of this will be gone. The Swan Dancer will take everyone and everything in, before sailing southwards - the "forgotten cliffs" being its destination. A place you cannot reach by boat, or through the air. Drifts and cliffs make it unreachable, and wild winds make flying there a certain cause of death. That, at least, is what the bard in the tavern recalls, singing her songs that no longer seem relevant. It's been two months since the the last foolish group of people has tried its luck, leaving war and debts behind. It didn't take long for the brave men and women to get their own verse in the "Song of the Forgotten", a ballad that mysteriously gets popular every few years. This time, however, they sent a bird back, against all odds. And not only the wealthy ones were asking: If one ship could make it, why not the next one?

So did the men and women in the tavern, for very different reasons. The ranger sharpens his blade, knowing that it will only take him a few more days before he finally can deliver nature's wrath. The old priest notes that those seeking adventure will need guidance; and the paladin of the Holy Flame, a brown-haired elf with a two-handed sword on her back, nods in agreement. The wild man next to them is looking for rather mundane things to feed to his heavy axe, but doesn't mind the company of his well-known friends - as long as they don't try to steal his glory in the name of their burning deity, that is. Near the fire, a green-haired woman still gets on well with the grumpy mage - while the wise man earns a few jealous looks, they discuss possible reasons for the sudden weather changes around the isle. Dwarf and halfling don't deal with those kind of things. Instead, they recall all the recent acts of heroism, emptying bottles of wine and beer in rapid pace. Tomorrow, they'll yet again stand together, their paths crossing once more for the adventure ahead. They'll remember all the small debts between them, all those sworn oaths and promises that still need to see fulfillment. Tonight though, they'll absorb the village's rest - for noone knows what waits beyond the horizon.

After being here for about a year, I felt like I wanted to see the other side of rping for once. For that, I'm looking for a group of players willing to make their way to the forgotten cliffs.

This is my first attempt on gming, feedback is therefore very much appreciated. If there are questions already, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

We'll use the basic Dungeon World dice system - for those not familiar with it: There is a usable srd out in the internet, including all the relevant details. I'll provide a link later on.

If there is interest, feel free to post a basic character idea as well - for the sake of diversity, I'd prefer to have none of the classes twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back