• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dungeon the Dragoning: Tyranny of Dragons

Midboss

Two Thousand Club
4f6216d7beb1d3275be9c8da67ce884fe6433d21ff2e5b8da716687517dc6aa6.png

Hello to everyone here.
In order to celebrate my return on this forum, I have decided to offer a game I've been pondering for a while now.

First perhaps an explanation on the game: Dungeon the Dragonning 40000: 7th Edition is one of those few good things that came out of the dark depths of 4chan. Long story short, it's a mega crossover between many of the great rpgs out there (the name should already give you an idea) integrating elements from DnD, Warhammer 40k, WoD, Exalted, Planescape, Shadowrun and many others.

The PDFs can be found at those links:
Book 1.6
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?vf8yb6hxtz0dcst
Book 2.2
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?67z5c3x2qllxlfu

And now the Campaign itself:
There was a time where the dragons ruled the Great Wheel under the aegis of the god Bahamut himself until one day, one of own, a warlord known as Tiamat, led half the dragons in a rebellion in order to usurp him from his rule. While Bahamut won and Tiamat was slain at the steps of Mount Celestia, the empire was shattered and dragons were no longer the uncontested rulers.

Ten thousand years have past since then and many events have unfolded: the Rise of the Eldadrin, the War of Monster's fall, the founding of the Adeptus Astartes, the birth of Slaneesh, the rise of the Council of Sigil, and more recently the arrival or the Imperium of Man and the Tau.

But the Dragons and their followers have not given up their dreams of domination. The great dragon Lofwyr controls the Great Wheel most power corporation and his claws extend all over the Wheel while the Scarlet Empress rules the Realm of Asamet and her dragon blooded led legions constantly expand its frontiers. Hestaby sits at the Council, representing the diverse interests of her kind while Seath the Scaleless runs his cruel experiments from within Tzeench's realm in the Abyss. And despite her death, Tiamat is still worshiped as a god in many places and those at the top hope to one day return her to life and conquer the lesser races of the Wheel.

Their goals and methods are diverse, but all of them use pawns in their schemes, the most obvious ones being the dragonblooded, those of mortal races that hold some draconic blood.

What I am looking for:
I am looking for 5-6 players who are interested in playing for the long haul. This is going to be an epic Wheel spanning epic that will take players to very varied places and situations. As the game will include intrigue, combat and exploration, a diverse team will be required as well as each character not being overspecialized in one thing. The goal will be to tell a fun story, not just blowing stuff up.

Character Creation rules:
- Standard chargen
- Only material from the two linked books is authorised crunch wise for character creation. I prefer to keep it simple and not find out the hard way what broken combo you can come up with.
- All players must have different exaltations.
- One player must be human and dragonblooded. Please note that while this character will provide the initial trigger for the group to join the plot, they will not eclipse the rest of the party. Think of them the same way as you think of River Tam in Firefly.
- one player must be a spellcaster.
- The group must own one spelljamming ship. It can be as small as the Ghost from Star Wars Rebels or as big as the Hyperion from Starcraft. Nothing bigger. The cost in background can be split among the group if desired.
- While each character does not need to know the whole group, each character must know at least one other so that there is a chain connecting them all.
- Tiamat, Vectron and Malal alignments are forbidden.
- While I have nothing against tiefflings in general, they cannot be played in this campaign as it starts within the Imperium of Man and those are shot on sight there. Chaos alignment are permitted but due to the previous, Chaos players will need to be discreet to begin with.
- Characters must be able to work together and must be somewhat heroic. Lawful and chaotic stupid are explicitly forbidden.
- Characters will need plot hooks I can use for the campaign. Please make up some good stuff I can use to make the story better.

I will give between one and two weeks for people to apply. Once this is done, I will need more time to refine characters with the players so as to have something great to work on. Expected posting rate is at least once a week.

Hello, interested in joining. I'd like to play a human paladin type character, but am open to play other things. I'll check the books out, and hopefully learn the mechanics quick.

So this will be a Pbp campain? If so, I'd be interested, though I may take a short bit to adjust to a the system

Sounds like a blast, if you're still open I'd like to join as well. Oh, and since I'm rather new to the site, you can reach me through Discord if I don't reply.
Crayn#6021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back