• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

DulcetFlux & creativemind [WWII]

She sighed. It was a shame to have a person whom she considered a friend to distrust her for the secrets she kept but she smiled and moved a piece. "You'll understand soon, James. There will come a better time for me to speak about it."

He shrugged unsure of what to say as he began to move pieces a little more tactfully than he had on the first game they had played. He looked up at her but remained silent as they played the game.

(I answered last Monday but I suppose my WiFi cut me off and didn't send it. I'm sorry)

She sighed and just played quietly for a while until her king was in check. She looks up at the sergeant. "James... I hope my secrecy doesn't hamper our friendship," she says, truly not wanting it to be awkward between her and him.

He shrugged looking over at her. "There's nothing really I can say to that other than secrets make me nervous.", he spoke in a hushed tone. His eyes gazed over hers studying her carefully as he moved a piece on the board.

"You win, James." Ana looks at the board and keeps her eyes there. She frowned a little, realizing she may have lost ths trust of who she considered a dear friend. "And I promise. My secret won't hurt anyone but me if I reveal it."

"I'm not sure what telling me would hurt. I'm not going to say anything. It just makes me uneasy that you tip toe around this secret and think its ok.", he spoke as he folded his arms up against his chest.

She sighed deeply as she began to fix up the pieces of her set. "Would you mind if I asked you to come outside with me for a walk? It would be much better to talk to you without fearing any intrusion..." She had a genuine look in her eyes.

"Walk?", he said raising his eyebrows a bit. Standing was still difficult for him to do. "I can go in the chair I can't walk any distance just yet."

"I meant we just go outside and talk there," Anna smiled a little. "You can stay in our chair... But these things I'm being secretive about... I-I'd rather discuss them with you outside."

He nodded pushing himself away from the small table and headed slowly toward the doorway. He glanced up at her wondering what sort of secret she could be holding from him. He neared the door leaning forward to push it open.

Anna opened the door for him and began to walk out into the dark, dimly lit courtyard. She walked with him in silence until they reached the garden. She picked a spot and sat on the grass. "Alright... I know you will keep all these things between us, James..." She said with faith in him. "So let me start off by saying my name isn't Anna..." She paused and shifted to her French, "Je m'appelle Amelie Marguerite."

He pushed himself through the doorway and stopped shortly outside as she began to speak. He listened but his head turned a little as he did not understand any French. "What?", he would ask trying to keep his voice soft.

She smiles a bit ang sighs. "My name is Amelie Marguerite... And well," she looked down. "I won't be a nun long after the war is over. I'm returning to my family in France."

He looked at her puzzled. From what he knew, the choice to become a nun was a lifetime choice. "So you're not a real nun you're just undercover for whatever reason?"

"My family is not a normal family... It's rich, yes. But no matter how rich it is, it'll never be rich enough to protect me..." She looked at her feet and sighed. "I'm the youngest daughter of the royal family of France."

He looked up at her bewildered. "What? I didn't know France had any royal...I mean England yes..", he glanced ahead then back at her as the idea settled with him. "So you're not a nun..."

"It surprises me how calm you seem about this..." She chuckles casually, feeling as if she was expecting him to treat her much differently. She sighs and takes off the veil she wore, showing more of her porcelein white face and now revealing her wavy brown hair, pinned back into a bun that had gotten loose from the day's work. "Am I a nun?" She sighs. "I--I suppose I'm not."

"I don't know if its a calm or just trying to understand it really. So you're in the royal family like what?", he asked as he thought about it. He was an American and unfamiliar with royal protocol.

"What do you mean?" She asks. "Well, I think it would be sufficient for me to say that I need to stay here to keep safe. I weren't here, I'd be vulnerable. I'd probably make a great hostage or something," she shrugs and sighs.

"Yeah I mean I get that part. I just....", he shook his head a little as he was confused. He was not aware of any royal family from France. "So what does it mean you are in the royal family of France?"

"I was just born differently," she sighs. "Just born to the family that happens to be running France... There's not much difference between me or any other human being."

"So are you ...ok I think I understand now. So they just placed you here for protection. You're not a true nun.", he continued as he smiled a little at her not feeling so awkward for having thoughts about her during his daydreams.

"Yes, I'm not," she chuckles softly as she tugged her hair out of her bun. The brown waves fell beyond her shoulders as she shook her head a little to let loose the tangles. "It's a complicated situation."

He nodded looking up at her a moment in silence. "I see. As long as you're no sympathizer. I'm fine.", his eyes would study her longer after he spoke.

She shook her head. "I've got no political views aside from my family anyway," she murmurs. "Would you like to go back inside, Sergeant? and get some rest, perhaps?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back