• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dual Worlds (Fate Core)

Detective Rascal

Magic is just Science unexplained
A longtime ago, magic and humanity lived together in harmony. Normal folk would walk besides those who could and did wield magic, mythical creatures who were strong and intelligent, and they would walk on earth that was blessed with magic itself.

In the early 1800's the city of Tenza was established, along a bay of water and not far from mountains that housed dragons and trolls, where those of magic and normalcy lived together on paved streets.

A few years into the establishment of the new city, those of magic vanished, leaving normal people to fend for themselves with out help, and also leaving them confused. There were no signs that one half of the world was leaving, no one told them anything and there wasn't any sort of ominous sign, that in foresight, would have told them that they were leaving, and even those who were brothers and sisters to normal folk left without any word or trace.

But humanity lived on, and survived on their own, to build their own home and city.

It's been over 2 centuries since that day, and in 2016 the world has moved on. Magic is a thing of the past, and for almost all people, it was never real in the first place. We have our technology, our cool phones and cars and computers, and we have a kind of struggling economy, but this is 2016, it's normal.

Of course, till today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to be using Fate Core, which is free, but you don't need to necessarily know/read all of it to play, and I'll act like a dictionary anyway. So you could totally not read it if you want too, I'm happy to take on anyone who has never played a dice game in their life, and prepared for it too.

But I'm looking for some players, min. 2-3, to play as normal people living in the city of Tenza, until one day they happen to stumble onto something magical, or something magical happens to stumble onto them. It's a mix of realistic and Fantasy, and I'm expecting casual posts (1-2 paragraphs).

I'm mildly interested, mostly because I never played Fate "true" (not because I can't get into any game around here). Does any of these characters seen appropriate to this setting?

Atmo | ToonStore.net

@Atmo

Nope. All player characters are meant to be normal people living in a modern city, you know, adults working hard in desk jobs or students going to university, those kind of people. No one is magical, for players anyway.

I'm interested. Never played FATE but I've played DnD 3.5 before. I may use your 'dictionary'.

Character concepts should be mundane people, yes? What kind of age range where you thinking? (Min, max & average range?)

@Jaye

I would say min would be about 20, but I could make an exception for a teenage character if I like the profile, and max age would probably be early 40's.

Detective Rascal] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/2644-jaye/ said:
@Jaye[/URL]
I would say min would be about 20, but I could make an exception for a teenage character if I like the profile, and max age would probably be early 40's.
Cool. Did you want characters before making an official thread for this or are you just waiting for more shows of interest? (I might make two CS's - if I make a teenager I'd make a backup CS just in case. Not sure what I wanna do with it, yet).

Also (unsure if these things are applicable for Dice RPs but...) what level where you thinking for this? Simple, Casual or Detailed? (One liner, one paragraph, 3 paragraphs, 5 para's...?)

@Jaye

I'm mainly just waiting for a good amount of interested people, cause I know when I make the actual thread I may not get everyone who piqued up to actually throw in a character, but I would like it if you can leave your character/s waiting to be posted till I have the thread up. I have a sheet and everything

And I'm thinking casual, 1-2 paragraphs to a post on average. And like no need to post everyday, I wont put up any requirements like that, but I would hope that the rp has a nice enough pace so that someone can get several posts in in they want too.

[QUOTE="Detective Rascal][...]but I would like it if you can leave your character/s waiting to be posted till I have the thread up. I have a sheet and everything.[...]

[/QUOTE]
As in... I should not post my character until you have the proper thread up, yes? No worries mate (:3) ((Though.... if you wanna PM me the CS you have planned? «waggles brow at you»))

Also that pacing/level sounds groovy for me. Count me in, yo.

@Detective Rascal

This... this looks interesting. *u*

I really want to join, but... I've never actually done a dice role play.

I've been wanting to join a dice role play so I could maybe learn and, idk, this just kind of caught my eye.

Would that be a problem at all?

If it would be, I 110% understand and please don't feel like you're obligated to accept me or anything, haha.

@Pine dude, I am totally prepared to have a newbie dice player come aboard. I'll be acting like a dictionary already for everything, so it's totally cool to have this rp as your first.

I'm interested, I've read through Fate Core, not done a F2F, but lots of other dice RP, online and IRL.

Detective Rascal] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/3827-pine/ said:
@Pine[/URL] dude, I am totally prepared to have a newbie dice player come aboard. I'll be acting like a dictionary already for everything, so it's totally cool to have this rp as your first.
*cheers*

WELL

I'll try my best to make this as painless for as I can for the both of us. xD

I've read a tutorial here, glanced at that site there, peeked into a few dice role plays, the sort.

I'm rather eager to see where this role play ends up. * u *

*begins plotting a character*

hey, I looked at the character sheet/code, the stats confound me (wisdom, charisma, etc), which version of Fate Core is that?

That would explain it ;-)

Ok, I'll then create a plain text Fate Core character and fit it into your code when it is ready.

Just gonna' poke this thread. (But wow dice interest check moves really slow.) Right now we only have one character that's up and accepted. Roll up, 'gents, roll up! :U This roleplay's gonna' be a wild ride presumably and I think we could definitely use a couple of more peeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back