• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Drop Dead

KillGill

Snap out of it

Drop Dead

Maybe Twice?

giphy.gif
Ah, The 1950's, when Hollywood might have been at it's finest. With movies like, A street Car Named Desire, Rebel Without A Cause, All About Eve, Some Like It Hot, 12 Angry Men, Vertigo, Seven Samurai, Strangers on a Train, and So On, who wouldn't of wanted to be a movie star in the 50's? Stars like Paul Newman, James Dean, Julie Andrews, Janet Leigh,and Audrey Hepburn strut their stuff and were the talk of the country

But something lurked in the corners, and the shadows of Hollywood. (And no, I'm not talking about the drug dealers). It began when famous american actress Maria Kerr was found brutally murdered in her car. Police were baffled by the lack of clues leading to who killed her. No finger prints, hair strands, nothing. It's as if the murderer appeared and vanished through thin air.

Not long after, Tony Bentley and his (Rather young) girlfriend Ethel Mccoy were found in their hotel room in downtown L.A. The Scene was gruesome, a notch above the death of Maria, Tony and Ethel had been found both in the bathtub.

A week later, Hollywood hottie Wesley Dean was found under his car after a passer by noticed the trail of blood. Once again, there was no evidence or clue to who had killed Wesley. Officials had a panic on their hands. Four Hollywood stars found dead in a span of only three weeks.

But, the (Still Living) Hollywood hot shots didn't see it as much of a threat as they did a game. They began placing bets to see who would die next, and more specifically,
How. Not only would they place bets to see who the next to drop would be. They'd also place money to see if any of them could solve the Mystery of what was now called The Evil Eye Slayer.

giphy.gif
The Killer Is believed to be one of the Hollywood stars themselves, as all the victims so far have played in a movie with one of the Suspects involved. So now, the race is on to find the true identity and motive of the Evil Eye Slayer and end the horrific killing spree that is running through Hollywood.

Who Will Live? Who will fall victim to the dreaded weapons of the
Evil Eye Slayer? Who will make it out in one piece? Find Out Soon When, The Evil Eye Slayer comes to a theater near you!

So this roleplay (If you Haven't guessed) Will take place during the 1950's. The characters will all be famous movie stars in the ring of suspects. The Killer will be one of the stars. I'll do this by picking a player who I think will be worthy enough to be the Killer. In a PM we will converse over who will die next, when, and how. It will be a horror roleplay with some comedic elements. By the end of the roleplay I expect for there to be only a few remaining celebrities (one or two). If we get enough stars (Six or Seven) I might allow somebody to play a detective/official I wan't this to be a rather casual/detailed roleplay with four paragraphs per post. I'd also like for the characters to be fleshed out. Celebrities in the 50's were known for their flashy personalities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, she could outsmart others. Especially if her grievances were the shallowness of Hollywood, and she and her accomplice (George Antheil) makes use of their frequency hopping technology to coordinate alibis.

I don't know if I'll have the time to take part directly, but maybe a cameo would be possible. Good luck though!

Could you please specify if this is in the early 50s or late 50s. Would color films have been released yet?

This has a really good plot but I don't think I'm that experienced with the 1950's so, heh.

Good luck finding that one person! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back