• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dreams of the Second Age

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here is our IC forum.

Grifnir of the Soul Scorching Gaze - Night - Rykon

Rine, Reality Engineer - Twilight - JayTee

Last edited by a moderator:
Seven days before Calibration. Yu-Shan

The light of the Unconquered Sun rises high in to the dome covering Yu-Shan, the Celestial City, marking His current lead in the Games of Divinity. Duncan stands at the window of his Sifu's manor house and looks out but he no longer is overwhelmed by the glory of the grand city any more. With a deep sigh, he says, "Sifu, is there no other way? Some argument that can be made to sway the Fivescore Fellowship?"

Olivia gently dips her pen into the inkwell, careful to hold her sleeve out of the way of the wet ink as she writes. "Everything that could be done has been. Do you not think that all of us that are against this insane plan haven't been wracking our brains for some solution? It is like hitting our heads against the wall, trying to break through to the members of this Bronze Faction. Our plan is the only way."

Duncan turns from the window and walks over to Olivia's side. "Yes, Sifu. I understand, and I believe you. I . . . I just don't know what to think anymore."

She smiles at him, a sad smile. "I understand, my young padawan. The ones we have selected are going to be faced with a nigh insurmountable task. I just hope that they will have the strength of will to be able to overcome the challenges before them. Imagine, trying to rebuild from the ashes in years what took centuries to form."

"They are free from the madness of the rest of the Deliberative, and are powerful enough to be able to stand up for themselves. If anyone can do this, it will be them. And us, of course. We will be there, helping them. Right?"

Olivia looks old for a moment, old enough to show her age at several thousand years. Then, she nods. "Yes, of course. We will do all that we can to help them." She blows gently on the parchment to dry the ink, then folds the letter up and seals it in wax. "Now, I need you to go ahead to Rathess and give this Vassik. He will know what to do. Then, wait for me to arrive. I will be there before Calibration starts to say my farewells to the Sleepers. If I didn't trust you to be able to do this, I would not have taken you into my confidence. I hope you know that."

Duncan feels a lump in his throat as he stammers out a reply, "Thank you, Sifu. That means a lot to me."

"Call me Olivia. You have earned that."

"Yes, Si-, uh, Olivia. Don't do anything crazy now, ok? That's my job as your student to get into trouble, not yours as my teacher." He grins as his hand rests briefly on her shoulder. "I leave within the hour."

Three days before Calibration. Rathess

Dark storm clouds fill the sky above the city, blackening the sky. Almost as if the Unconquered Sun Himself has turned His face from Creation. It is due to rain soon, but that is not unusual in the rain forests of the South-East. One by one, the Exalts involved in this grand conspiracy make their way to the ancient city. They travel in secret instead of reveling in their roles as Lords of Creation. If any were to know what is about to happen, word could get back to the Deliberative, and years of planning will be lost.

Deep under the city, there are many levels of tunnels that are occupied by both the Dragon Kings that make Rathess home and to many humans that also serve the Unconquered Sun. Some of these chambers have been set aside for this secret plan, the plan to be able to restore the fallen Deliberative from the traitors that will act against it. Special chambers that have been carefully warded against prying eyes and the effects of the Loom of Fate. Many of these chambers have been filled with books filled with the knowledge of the Solars, money, trade goods, weapons, and even a few select followers that have been sent into stasis prior to the day that Calibration will start, the day that will mark the end of an Age.

Duncan meets each of you as you arrive in the city, and he guides you through the maze of passages to the shielded rooms that will be your sleeping chamber for the next hundred and fifty years. Olivia is waiting down in the depths. She gives you each a warm embrace as she sees you. "Ah, my friends. I wish we were meeting under more favorable circumstances. Duncan, go keep watch while I go over a few things with my friends."

"Yes, Sifu."

Once her student leaves, Olivia settles into a seat. The chamber is large, having several stasis pods inside it. Many are occupied by a select cadre of Dragon Blooded that are still loyal to the ideals that the Deliberative once stood for. Other pods are open and waiting for you, to keep you safe for the next century and a half. "The chamber is guarded with as many wards as I could come up with and still maintain our aura of secrecy. The outer door is a complex Essence lock, requiring the opener to use up a sizable portion of their energies to unseal it. Next, several extremely deadly traps and automations stand guard, keeping all away from the inner chamber. That has the greatest ward on it. Once the lock is engaged, the entire room will shift into Elsewhere for the next hundred and fifty years, keeping you all completely safe and away from any efforts by my fellow Sidereals to find you and terminate you while you Sleep. After that time has passed, only one with this key," she raises up a ornate cylinder made of a blend of the four Magical Materials, "will be safe to enter from the outside. I know that I'm being paranoid, but I have to wonder, am I paranoid enough? What haven't I thought of? This has been keeping me awake at night for weeks. No matter what else happens, you must succeed. That much has been made clear to me. Whatever challenge that is coming will require you to steel you resolve. But, never forget that you are Exalted for a reason. I never knew what drew me to the six of you as you came to Meru for the first time, all those years ago. Something about you stood out, and called to me to nurture you in the quagmire of politics that has overtaken the Deliberative." Her eyes shift as she thinks back to the first time she has met each of you, a slight smile on her face. Then she returns her attention to the here and now.

"I cannot guarantee that I will be the same person you know now when I come for you. If I have gone onto my next Exaltation, I will leave instructions for Duncan to follow, and he will be here, waiting for you. He may be young now, but he will have the benefit of extra training for the next time you see him. When we next meet, I suspect that you will be the elders and I will be the wide eyed pupil looking to you for guidance."

Solistrae leans against a wall, arms crossed, and eyes closed. She hoped her children the best, but felt, no knew, that things would not go well for them. Should they survive the coming storm then they would make Luna proud. Solistrae glances to the arrayed Solars and Lunars, each respected in their own fields, none her full enemy, and all of them powerful companions. She then turns to the eldest Sidereal, Olivia, and gives a gentle smile.

"Your presence has been ... helpful these few centuries. I suppose were it not for you I'd still be in Meru getting into trouble instead of nurturing a faltering life outside. Worry not, should you pass you will be sorely missed, but I shall trust to you now and Duncun in the next century and a half to help us correct the mistakes of the present."

Sol gives a soft sigh. "I wonder what a century and half will do to ... everything."

Fist Tyrant

Hidden away in a place unknown by sun or moon rested a vast cove of treasures whose scope would boggle the mind of mortals. Yet I look impassively over their grandeur only able to think jaded thoughts. Not of their wonder but of market value and how much use they have as tools. Quite a long ways from scraping obols to rub together and hand me downs that broke if you looked at them. Yet here I am with a group I largely only half trusted and a score of troops who could be depended on. This plan fills me with anything but confidence but anything is better than the alternative. I'd throw all these treasures away in a heart beat to protect my greatest one. I glance at my wife not for the first time since we've come down through these tunnels and reaffirm why I'm doing this. One hundred and fifty years won't be enough for this gambit, but at the very least it will buy me enough time to keep you safe. I dearly hope that isn't blind optimism as I suppress the tightening uncertainty knotting my chest.

"- I never knew what drew me to the six of you as you came to Meru for the first time, all those years ago. Something about you stood out, and called to me to nurture you in the quagmire of politics that has overtaken the Deliberative."
"It was probably when I stole your personal vehicle and drove it into a deliberative meeting, wasn't it? That and the fact not paying and trying to get the other to pay that bill has become an ongoing game now. That tab shall never die or be paid, regardless of what incarnation comes about. Or that time I mouthed off to a lunar elder and got punched into the baths of venus seeing you-actually what am I even recalling right now?"

"I cannot guarantee that I will be the same person you know now when I come for you. If I have gone onto my next Exaltation, I will leave instructions for Duncan to follow, and he will be here, waiting for you. He may be young now, but he will have the benefit of extra training for the next time you see him. When we next meet, I suspect that you will be the elders and I will be the wide eyed pupil looking to you for guidance."
"If they ask you to play Free Strix, they don't want to hear it and they're just heckling you. The Meru Shuffle isn't a dance but a scam so watch out for that, and you owe me a bill for a crashed windblade. I'll make sure to remind the next you of the important things so just leave the rest to us. You know, provided the whole thing works as intended and doesn't put us on Mr. Hekatonkihire's wild ride." Giving her my cheekiest grin I force what mirth I can into the jabs. Might be the last time so why start holding back now? "So just believe in it and do what you must. Otherwise all this preparation had no point."

Sol gives a soft sigh. "I wonder what a century and half will do to ... everything."
Solely due to my overwhelming powers of observation, I notice that when Solistrae sighs all of her moves along with it. As expected of the decade long title holder of younger Miss Meru and high on the rankings of who I want to invite back to my manse for an equal amount of time. Were I not a devoted married man I might even make a pass. However I am so please don't glare at me that way dear wife...oh she's just squinting due to her glasses slipping. Close save.

"Kill off one generation and replace it with a new one? The same will start with Calibration even sooner than that. Don't think too hard on it or you'll spoil yourself for the surprise when we wake up. As for me I intend to enjoy my 150 year paid vacation time to catch up on much needed sleep."

Shrugging it off, I push down the urge to hug Shining one last time before sleep. I'll see her again when I open my eyes and we won't even be ten feet apart. It's like a honeymoon minus any of the joy or work that comes with it while being crammed in a timeshare with dozens of other people. Positive thinking all the way into tomorrow.

Olivia laughs as Tyrant relates tales of how the two of you first met. "Ah, I had almost forgotten that you still owe me for dinner at Valibars that night. After all, I am quite confident that I squared away my bill with you, and you had forgotten your wallet so I had to pay. No matter. I'll collect from you when we meet once more."

Fist Tyrant

Coercion to treat you to a meal is not considered payment, or at least that's what I said in my heart. Granted the two incidents did happen within one week of each other but that didn't justify the fist point polite suggestion that I make up for it with dinner. Besides, my wallet was knocked away by that punch so I can't be faulted for paying with credit. Shaking my head and raising my hands in a gesture of disbelief I retort with all my heart.

"Ah yes, the payment with my wallet that you graciously managed to find. I'm still curious as to where you found it after it mysteriously vanished from my pockets at the baths. When I next see you I'll treat you to a meal once I find your wallet. Just don't expect it to be somewhere like Valibar's 150 years from now. Bronze themed eateries won't be so high class."

Zanto Darro

Zanto only gave a sad smile and nod now, considering what was to come. He'd spent far more time out in Creation away from the Realm as he watched the Deliberative fall more and more into madness. Solars he'd once known and trusted were turning into monsters. He could not stomach it, electing to engaged in his private campaigns of conquest, assimilation and annihilation against the various Fair Folk bands that strayed into Creation. It hurt to have to abandon his great work, his efforts to tame the Raksha into a stable part of Creation to serve by the side of the Lunars as guardians against their own kin. So much he had done and there were Raksha he considered his friends that would likely be lost to the madness. He had finally learned how to hunt and forge from those he deemed foes but now it was a time wasted, a skill that would see no use for ages.

He had done much to become a great terror of the Southeast, having learned to become monstrous in proportion for combat. It had suited him well when the damnable deliberative started cutting his own supplies for 'more important' matter at hand. He'd snarled at his own fellow Lunars who'd quailed before their Solar bondmates, refusing to help keep them centered and slide into depravity. His own had not done so, or so he hoped.

Olivia seems reluctant to leave as she goes into detail on how to activate the defenses from the safety of the stasis chamber room. Finally, there is nothing left to say, and she slowly rises up. Just as she is about to say something more, Duncan comes running down the hall. "Sifu! Several Exalts have just came through the Gateway from Yu-Shan! Six of the Bronze Faction and at least ten Dragon Blooded. I fear that we have been discovered!"

The gentle lassitude that Olivia was showing is now replaced with a burst of energy. "This is not a fight we can win, but it is too late to stop us now. Quickly! When we leave, seal the doors and engage the defenses. It will take several minutes for the room to shift into Elsewhere, but by the time the others get here, you will be long beyond their reach." She gives each of you a brief hug before heading out of the chamber with the stasis pods at a run, Duncan on her heels, weapons in hand.

Sol chuckles lightly at the talk from Fist Tyrant and gives a gentle nod at his pleasant plans for the Long Sleep. Still her thoughts would be disturbed as a threat comes to their doorsteps.

Sol visible tenses as she hears of the invaders to Rathess and she steps away from the wall with her fans coming to her hands, an almost serpentine way as she stood ready for trouble. She would have raced out of the chamber, she would have brought the terror of Luna upon those that would harm those she had cared about. But Olivia's hug calms her reminding her even with that touch that she was being counted on to protect with her fellow Lunars what the Solars would make from the Ashes. Somehow, a hundred and fifty years seemed very long suddenly. Still Sol goes to the entrance watching the Sidereals go maybe even to their doom she glances to the others a pained look on her face.

"I-I guess its time? The Long Sleep..." Lunars were accustomed to hibernating years, some even centuries. Sol had never done so, her two hundred and some years had been spent in activity so perhaps a part of her was hesitant.

Rine had gone over all the systems and enchantments in place for their hibernation himself several times, checking and double checking to make sure everything was functioning properly. So far he was satisfied that things were ready, but he had the nagging feeling that he was missing something.

After checking for a third time, He dismissed the feeling as nothing more than his nerves acting up. This was going to be a dangerous endeavor, and there was every possibility that they could go to sleep and never wake up again. The Dragon-Blooded and their Sidereal manipulators would be nothing if not thorough in the coming days of chaos, but he had to trust that things would work out for the best.

"It'll be an ugly world when we wake up, but I feel confidant that we'll be able to take whatever a post Usurpation Creation can throw at us."

Shining had spent most of their time silent, walking behind her husband as they made way for the pods. They had to travel light, or as light as a Solar could, and she adorned her-self in what valuables she could before leaving for this small plan. Glittering in Oricalcum and artifacts, she had taken only her most personal items - the rest had to be left in her manses spread across creation. She was smart enough to realize that the Dragon Blooded would deprive her of most of her wonders. Many of her manses were known, and surely they'd pillage it for her collection. But a few were hidden well, into the darkest reaches of creation. They would be out of reach for the children of Gaia she knew.

A passing glance - a few lunars, another solar. She sent a passing smile to the twilight, bitter and strained as it were, "Yes, we will." What choice did they have? This was the plan. The older Solars had become...terrifying. Even she could see that. And now the other chosen had risen up against the Lawgivers. There was little else they could do.

The heavy doors swing shut with a resounding thud, and your ears pop as they seal tight. For a moment, you trade looks with one another, knowing that you are now trapped in here for the next 150 years. Luckily you will be safely ensconced in your stasis pods, so you will pass the years by without harm.

One by one, you climb into your pods and the mechanisms of the room take over, sealing you in. Shortly, you drift into a dreamless sleep.

Discontinuity

Tyrant and Zanto are the first two to wake up. You are feeling quite groggy and somewhat disoriented, but you have also been in a near death state for a long time. It will take a moment to recover, even for powerful Exalts like yourselves. Looking about the room, you can see the other Exalts of your Circle in their stasis chambers and they are beginning to stir. You also notice that the air in here is very heavy and stale, and the smell of mold is strong. Obviously, the room environmental controls are not working.

Your hands reach down and find your equipment that you had with you still in its place in the stasis chambers, so at least that hasn't gone wrong. With your strength slowly returning, you now feel as if you are going to be steady enough to get up without falling on your face.

Fist Tyrant

Is this the real life or is this just fantasy? My body feels like I just tried to ride the kukla or something else equally insane. By the time it's worn off enough for me to see straight, I'm staring at my wife's breasts which matches with my memory of jumping into her cryo pod. Turning my head I spy a mold encrusted ceiling with hints of magical material peeking through. Angling my view slightly, the others seem to be alive so I guess that means we lucked out after all. Guess the Incarnae haven't entirely abandoned us then. For my own part, I'm not entirely inclined to move from my impromptu bed that is decidedly more comfortable than the others. Still, better get up since this prank has been going for 150 years already. Moving away from the glorious solar pillows of my wife, I briefly shake her shoulder as I climb out of the shared stasis pod.

Keeping my balance when I get out, I hook a finger into the moonsilver artifacts feeling them sink in as they realign with me. Sliding up over my form, the IRA covers me like a second skin and the modified super plate forms itself into a simplistic set of clothes from the view of the unsuspecting. The previous incarnations of solars were crazy as hell but they were just as competent with their crafts. Stretching to work out the kinks, I observe the room in a bit more detail.

Firstly the place reeks of death, and not the fresh kind either. A closer examination shows piles of bones where we left loyal troops but no signs of forced entry. Secondly, everyone else locked in is fine but that seems to be the extent of it. What I mean is we're awake and it isn't because Olivia or Dunk managed to survive and come find us. So it seems to be painfully obvious the plan has gone awry somehow. Given how our dragon bloods are bones and ghosts something went wrong with the stasis pods or more time passed than expected? I'll let our twilight deal with that one. These machines are a mystery to me.

"I'm going to scout around the chambers. Something went wrong somewhere but I can't be sure of what yet. When..." What was his name again... "...Rine wakes up remind him to take a look at the machines. Our warranty probably hasn't expired so we should get a hefty refund."

Honestly, there won't be much to look for. Checking that the defenses are still online and nothing was stolen should be enough. If someone did break in we'd all be dead by now unless it was some random prank of the Maidens. Moving along only slightly unsteadily I do a brief check while the others wake up, coming back by the time all of them are out on their feet.

[dice]4168[/dice]

Long sleep hang overs

Fist Tyrant stumbles over to the dust covered crystal panel that controls the traps and other barriers to your sleeping chamber. A multitude of red lights indicate that there are wide spread failures of the security systems, and that most of your traps and automations have been destroyed. You have seen the clockwork soldiers in action, and knowing that a full score of them have been rendered inoperative suggests one hell of a fight was waged while you were Asleep. Another light on the panel catches you eye; a blinking amber light. Its a proximity warning, showing you that someone is in the outer chamber.

Fist Tyrant

Abruptly turning on one heel, he edges back towards the group in varying states of disorientation and speaks in a low tone. "I know that now isn't the best time. You're all waking up and groggy as all get out." Hooking a thumb back towards the corridor leading to the anti chamber his voice gains a dull edge, "But the security systems are just about gone and we've got company out front. So up and at'em unless everyone wants to go back to sleep more permanently."

"Of all the disrespectful..." Tulos grumbles to himself and tries to brush off a bit of dust that had fallen onto his nose. His arms are still asleep, though, and it's all he can do to avoid slapping himself in the face.

"Have we been forgotten? Scarcity I can understand, but rot?" Here he goes. "Even unattended, the air-filtration should—" And there's a good reason to stop. Security bypassed? On a place nearly impossible to find, and only real after a hundred and fifty years? That says coordinated assault. Siege. Boarding party. Well.

"Friends—or allies, if that's better—We know they're there. They may not know we are awake." And he begins to struggle to wobbling feet, at this point. Very inspiring. "We ready an ambush."

Sol was slow to be aroused. With capsule open she only took a bit longer than most to climb sleepily from it. Even the strange scents did not quickly move her thoughts. As she came to stand, an unsteady stance, she stretched and yawned nearly and gracelessly falling over. The words from the others, despite their insistence, only got them a confused look. Solistrae brushes aside strands of dark hair from her face and sits against her sleep capsule as her thoughts slowly started to come up to speed.

"Doesss that mean that we are once again with Rathesssss?" She gives a hint of her serpentine spirit shape as she asks, showing that she was either too lazy or still in a sleepy state. "Perhapsss, if there are thingsss to hunt...I ssshall be ready in...a...*yawn*....few."

"Of course something went wrong, we are the Chosen, something always happens to us." Said Rine with a wry smile, as he tried to rouse himself. After climbing out of his pod and getting his focus back, he looked over the security systems to try and get a better read on what was coming.

[dice]4187[/dice]

"Mrrm," Two bleary eyes blinked open. Shining felt languid. The first thing she did, practically a reflex, was stretch her legs out. There just wasn't anything like it in the morning. Sitting in the pod, she started to stretch out her arms, one extending and the other reaching up as she turned. It was only after the second twist that the solar realized she something and looked down into the pod.

There was a complete lack of loving husband, "T-tyrant?" She squeaked, looking around for her lunar and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes with the bottom of her hands. Another glance around showed that everyone was stirring from their slumber. Mmm. That was good. Giving one final stretch, reaching up and arching her back, the solar decided it was best to be out of the machine now. Lift up and swing out of the pod, Shining was on her feet next to pod in an instant.

She gave a nervous tug of her sleeves. Where could Tyrant be? They were in the pods- oh. A smile lit up when the lunar entered back into the room. And just as immediately turned to a frown with his announcement. "Honestly," she breathed, marching her way over to the lunar. "Are you feeling alright Tyrant? Nothing impairing you? I'd like to deal with this quickly and get our barrings on the situation."

Fist Tyrant

"I'm fine, love. Better off from it than I was minutes ago. How are you faring?" Seeing his wife's concern for him first off made the corners of his mouth curl unconsciously into a grin. Gently embracing her, Tyrant freed her hands from her sleeves."I too would like resolving this matter decisively. Once our friends have grasped the situation and righten themselves we shall do just that." All of them were still alive, and that was more than he had hoped. Whatever else came their way he knew he could manage it so long as Shining was with him.

Glancing around at the other three, Tyrant nodded at Tulos' proposal. As for Solistrae it would be best to let her simply wake up on her own. An early riser that one was not. Speaking of which, their last member was unusually quiet...

"Perhaps it may not be a threat, however I would prefer to be safe over dead. If it should be Duncan or Olivia....or their next incarnations they will forgive us for our caution. Zanto...are you with us or still in the clutch of sleep?"

Rine's hands dance over the controls and you quickly discover that the Essence power to the machines running this place is nearly depleted, which is very bizarre since there was supposed to be a surplus of power, enough to last thousands of years if need be. Your next move is to check the monitors for what is approaching. The dusty screen lights up, and you are now looking at a man, a monster, and a woman.

The man is perhaps in his thirties and is armed with a sword that he carries like it is a part of him and not just a unliving tool. There is something odd about the blade, from the way that it flickers in the low level of lighting, but it is too rough of an image to make out. He is not wearing any armor that you can see. He is also carrying a data crystal in his off hand, and is checking on its display frequently.

Upon reflection of the monster, you believe that it is a Lunar Exalt. It is not a common sight to see a massive bear wearing armor and carrying a weapon that appears to be half goremaul and half grimscythe. It is also glowing a bright silvery hue, bright enough to illuminate the whole of the room that they are in.

The woman is younger than the man, possibly in her early twenties, and even in the dim light, you can see that she is wearing an Orichalcum breastplate and carrying a Long Powerbow of the same material. As she turns to examine the room, you can see that she is displaying a Dawn caste mark upon her forehead. Obviously a Solar, but not one you are familiar with.

With the room lit up by the Lunar's anima banner, you can see that the outer chamber has faired even worse than you have in here. Part of the room has collapsed in a cave in that is blocking the doorway into the Sleeping chamber, and there is a layer of stagnant water covering the floor perhaps six inches deep. After examining the display of his crystal reader, the man points at the pile of debris, and together, the three of them begin to shift rubble about to get access to the doorway to the inner chamber.

By this time, all of you are awake and fully aware of your surroundings.

Fist Tyrant

Slowly his hands drop away in shock at the sight of other exalts besides them still around. The viziers had planned to kill them all off and take power, so why were these two...possibly three free? Had their usurpation attempt failed and their group had slept for nothing...or perhaps sympathizers working for the viziers? Whatever the case may be...they would soon be speaking face to face unless the lock still held fast. Well then, why not simply find out their intentions.

Growing in size until his head nearly scraped the ceiling, Tyrant's form blurred into that of a tremendous snow lion. Advancing towards Rine, he gently moved one hooked claw to poke the intercom button with the greatest of care. Here's hoping they still spoke civilized tongues since they went to sleep. Carefully keeping the mirth and tension from his voice, Tyrant began using his best office god impersonation.

"Hello, and thank you for your visit to us here at the Deliberative's hole in the wall office branch. We appreciate your time, however we are currently closed and not convening until further notice. No soliciting, no religious queries, and no donations. If you wish to have an audience, please file a request to the main office in Meru or check at IAM.dholeinthewall.Sol for our updated hours of operation. Should they be unavailable, please file a complaint to the bureau of destiny from your nearest I AM terminal. Thank you, and have a nice day!"

Letting that chipper note trail off along with his finger, Fist Tyrant watched the monitor curiously to gauge their reaction. Certainly, it would lose them any element of surprise but the little data slate that man owned made him feel no such thing existed from the start. Besides, it wasn't even clear if they were hostile yet. No need to start a stand off from the get go. If they were hostile well...he would just have to handle it when it came to that.

(Spending 1 personal pool mote to go into warform.)

As the time moves, and things become clearer, Solistrae finds her thoughts quickening while her sleepy slow starting state receded. Rubbing her arms and shaking her head she stands away from her capsule. For a moment she to regards the monitor with its three members displayed, while she absently began to order her long hair. Still she wondered how it could be, these three? Olivia had claimed the worst possible result that the Bronze Faction had planned and that meant at least no Solars. Yet one was here. Her eyes were drawn to the man, with his crystal and the way he held himself. Potentially one who commanded the disciplines of martial skill.

As Tyrant goes to the intercom she cannot help but smile while resisting laughing from her place. She certainly was finding him entertaining in the least. Quickly she glances to the monitor expecting an even more pleasant reaction. "Now what will it be children of a different age?"

Rine was torn between a laugh and a groan. On one hand, Tyrant's actions were pretty funny. On the other hand, now those people were aware that they were being watched, so the element of surprise was lost. He decided to settle on finding out why the power was so low, and how the heck things had gotten to the state of decay that they were in.

The three in the outer room jump as if they were just poked in the rump when Fist Tyrant begins to speak. All three are looking about the room, and the man with the data pad in his hand begins to laugh while his two companions look confused. Through the speakers, you hear the woman ask in heavily accented Firespeak, "What is so funny? What in Malfias was that thing saying? Is it a warning to us?"

Replying with the same language, he says, "No, nothing like that. That was Old Realm, so that means that someone is awake in there, and they have a sense of humor. Let me handle this." When he next starts to speak, its in the official language of Meru. With a deep bow, he says, "Noble Exalts, I am Pyter. When we last met, I was known as Duncan, a servant of the Maiden of Endings, apprentice to Olivia. I have come, hoping that you would be back by now, and I am glad to hear of your return to Creation." He pulls out of his coat what appears to be the key to the security systems of the rooms, just as you remember it. "We are here as friends, and once we finish clearing the debris from the entrance, I hope to be able to speak with you in person." To help punctuate his words, he sheaths his blade. Then, once more in Firespeak, he gives a quick summary of what he just said to his two companions. They look dubious, but they go back to work moving the rubble away from the door.

Rine begins to delve into the power supply systems. From what you can see, the equipment has worked perfectly in sustaining your life functions while keeping the chamber locked away in Elsewhere. The power levels do show that they have nearly been depleted, indicating that the room has been in Elsewhere for far longer than you had expected. A sudden chill goes up your back when your calculations show that you have been Asleep for well over a thousand years, possibly even longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back