• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Dreams of Dust

Auricula

a tropics girl at heart
DREAMS OF DUST
At the turn of the twentieth century, the world of magic revealed itself. It appeared in the form of a mage reviving someone at the cost of another in Alcoy, a city in Alicante, Spain. What ensued afterwards could only be described as chaotic. For a period of time, the magicians remained still in shadows. But as time passed and stories of different magical feats spread, people grew curious. The general public still treated the sorcerers with fear and disgust but some communities welcomed them with open arms. Perceptions changed slowly but surely.

Until a magician by the name of Armin Lusk waged a one man crusade.

By modern standards, he was a Violet-class magician. In other words, he stood at the pinnacle of the magical world. Even among the strongest magicians, he alone stood out. Perhaps it was his vast power which drove him mad-- no one will ever know what drove him into an unstoppable rage. But whatever it was, he decimated cities. The other sorcerers banded together to stop him but not without losing several lives in the process.

The assault polarised views on the magicians. Both sides shared something in common, however: distrust. But the magicians sought peace. A council of representatives stepped forward: the Arcane Table.

That event happened 70 years ago. Since then, there has been many strides made in equalising the two worlds. One thing that has not changed, however, is the exclusivity of the magicians' society and how well-protected it is.

ANDRASTE

Andraste-- a program created by two of the Arcane Table members, Astralis and Jin. Its objective is to eliminate any non-magicians who come too close to uncovering the secrets and any undesirable elements from the magical world. Put simply, Andraste is the secret police. Its existence is known only to those working on the project (obviously) and members of the Arcane Table. As for those taken into the program, the rightness of Andraste is absolute.

One such clan is based in Southeast Asia, registered in Singapore. The current members of the clan have worked together for at least a year with only one minor mishap about six months ago. A member sought to quit and was subsequently removed. No one has been able to come into contact with him since. But that aside, everything else has been running smoothly. Only, the number of assignments has increased and the focus on non-magicians is much greater than before.

And, in the next assignment, the first thread to a much larger tapestry may perhaps be revealed.

RULES

1. ChiaRoseKuro ChiaRoseKuro is my co-mod. Please respect them.
2. Two paragraphs for the IC will suffice but feel free to write more.
3. Realistic and (realistically) drawn faceclaims are both accepted. wlop and guiwez are good examples of what I accept for the latter.
4. A post a week is good, more is even better but I'm not too strict on this. That being said, any inactive characters will be used as fodder :^)
5. Each person may make up to five characters but the cap only applies till the end of the first arc. Furthermore, you may make only one Red-class magician.
6. There are rules to the magic system but I am not going to micromanage how you handle your spell-casting. With that said, make it reasonable to your character's class.
7. There is a discord server. PM me for the invite.
8. Red-Violet and Violet-class magicians will be played as NPCs by me.

Last edited:
//pats pretty thread and blesses
This is beautiful, I love it and I'm definitely interested so you can count me in huffu (;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back