• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragonslaying.

CormagTheCorman

CormagtheCorman
So, I pitched this idea in the 1x1 forums, but decided I'd like to try a group situation as well.

The RP I've had stuck in my head for awhile is based around a single class of fighter.

Dragon slayer.

Now, you can pick between one of three races. Human, a medium strength, medium speed, medium durability, and medium magical ability.

Elf, Weaker, less durable, but with higher speed and better magical ability. High strength elves are capable of just making spells as they desire.

and Dwarves, Stronger, more durable, but slow and with almost no magical talent. Are the best fighters.

I am also open to ideas! If you feel you can create a race, even a playable dragon, please bring it up, and we can hash the ideas out! Of course, there must be some kind of drawback to balance any advantages. If you want a Neko class, for example. It can be useless at things like human civilization, and be subject to racism, and as a result, be incredibly fast, with some other perk like smell. Keep it balanced. A major benefit needs either a a major drawback, or quantity is allowed to overtake quality in this situation. The magick system can also be discussed if any players would like too, so we can hash intricacies out.

So, I hope I'll get some people :)

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]If I could be a dragon I'm interested!
Let me think up some draw backs.

[/QUOTE]
Not very agile

Dragon: High durability, high strength, high magical ability, high magical resistance, not agile, not stealthy, mostly a target for dragon hunters (drawback for peaceful dragons monstly), susceptible to cold, rather slow in cold as well. Can take on a smaller human-reptilian form called a Drakonoid form.

Drakonoid: Low durability, low strength, high magical ability, low magical resistance, high agility, high stealth, easily confused with Reptilinoids to the public. Still recognizable as a Drakonoid to dragon hunters, still susceptible to cold, and rather slow in cold as well. Switching back and forth between Dragon and Drakonoid takes a while.

Reptilinoids: Reptile people. Low magic ability, high magic resistance, medium strength, high durability, slower and weaker in the cold. Resistant to fire and strong in the legs, can see in the dark. Makes good tank. Often racially discriminated against, and used as pack mules.

Neko: Cat people. High magic ability, low magic resistance. High strength, low durability, very fast, stealthy, and agile. Can see in the dark, not bothered by cold temperatures, becomes overheated in warm temperatures, weak to fire. Enhanced sense of smell, sight, and hearing. Usually thieves, assassins, and hunter/trackers. Often hired by dragon hunters to track dragons while the dragon is on the move, but not one to directly engage a dragon. Also racially discriminated against.

Avian: Low magic ability, low magic resistance, low strength, low durability, extremely high speed, extremely high agility, medium stealth. Can fly, have wings, amazing eyesight, great with long-ranged weapons. Often regarded as angels. De-winged Avians are regarded as the bottom of all social ladders. Avian society is extremely strict, and to lose one's wings is the greatest dishonor.

@Revan The Courier @TheMilkMan @HuSoldier9999

Last edited by a moderator:
*bows* You're welcome! If you need any more, let me know.

Interested. I just want to know what this world is like? And do we travel together? Have the group already met from the beginning?

I've been playing DA:I for a while and this RP just has the perfect timing.

A question if I may...? Would Dark Elves be acceptable? If so, would they share the same drawbacks as their counterparts?

HuSoldier9999 said:
So, I pitched this idea in the 1x1 forums, but decided I'd like to try a group situation as well.
The RP I've had stuck in my head for awhile is based around a single class of fighter.

Dragon slayer.

Now, you can pick between one of three races. Human, a medium strength, medium speed, medium durability, and medium magical ability.

Elf, Weaker, less durable, but with higher speed and better magical ability. High strength elves are capable of just making spells as they desire.

and Dwarves, Stronger, more durable, but slow and with almost no magical talent. Are the best fighters.

I am also open to ideas! If you feel you can create a race, even a playable dragon, please bring it up, and we can hash the ideas out! Of course, there must be some kind of drawback to balance any advantages. If you want a Neko class, for example. It can be useless at things like human civilization, and be subject to racism, and as a result, be incredibly fast, with some other perk like smell. Keep it balanced. A major benefit needs either a a major drawback, or quantity is allowed to overtake quality in this situation. The magick system can also be discussed if any players would like too, so we can hash intricacies out.

So, I hope I'll get some people :)
I'm interested

Also, if dragons have a high magical ability, then maybe a character could be a dragon who has shapeshifted into another race and is trying to keep their identity a secret. I'm suggesting this because of the "possible comedy" tag

Sullivanity said:
Also, if dragons have a high magical ability, then maybe a character could be a dragon who has shapeshifted into another race and is trying to keep their identity a secret. I'm suggesting this because of the "possible comedy" tag
This would be the Drakonoid form, which all Dragons can take on, and most people can confuse them for Reptilinoids.

Noivian said:
This would be the Drakonoid form, which all Dragons can take on, and most people can confuse them for Reptilinoids.
I think the Drakonoid form is a cool idea, I was trying to think of a realistic situation where a band of dragon hunters would except one into their group. Like you said, they are able to tell the difference.

Sullivanity said:
I think the Drakonoid form is a cool idea, I was trying to think of a realistic situation where a band of dragon hunters would except one into their group. Like you said, they are able to tell the difference.
That would actually be a really fun idea. It could go either way, even. If the dragon slayers knew they were fighting dragons with another dragon, then on their downtime if they start throwing all these insults towards dragons and forget that one of them is a dragon, that could be hilarious for us. On the flip side, if they didn't know, it would hilarious with the dragon trying to keep their identity secret.

Noivian said:
That would actually be a really fun idea. It could go either way, even. If the dragon slayers knew they were fighting dragons with another dragon, then on their downtime if they start throwing all these insults towards dragons and forget that one of them is a dragon, that could be hilarious for us. On the flip side, if they didn't know, it would hilarious with the dragon trying to keep their identity secret.
It's Especially funny if the dragon thinks they don't know, but it's actually obvious. Like:

"Wow guys can you believe those dragons and their perfectly reasonable love of gold and treasure? That is totally something a NORMAL PERSON would say! HA HA HA!"

Sullivanity said:
It's Especially funny if the dragon thinks they don't know, but it's actually obvious. Like:
"Wow guys can you believe those dragons and their perfectly reasonable love of gold and treasure? That is totally something a NORMAL PERSON would say! HA HA HA!"
That would be amazing. I would pay to be in a role play with a dorky, oblivious Drakonoid trying to fit in with a group of hunters. But why would the hunters keep them around if they knew they were a dragon? Pity?

Noivian said:
That would be amazing. I would pay to be in a role play with a dorky, oblivious Drakonoid trying to fit in with a group of hunters. But why would the hunters keep them around if they knew they were a dragon? Pity?
Probably because they're a good mage, and know a lot about draconian biology. As for why they are hunting other dragons, I think it would be cool if a rival dragon trapped them in that form, and they are trying to lift the curse by slaying him. Along the way, they start to learn the chaos their species causes

Sullivanity said:
Probably because they're a good mage, and know a lot about draconian biology. As for why they are hunting other dragons, I think it would be cool if a rival dragon trapped them in that form, and they are trying to lift the curse by slaying him. Along the way, they start to learn the chaos their species causes
That's actually a really good idea. It also makes me wonder about how good certain races would be at certain things. Like, would Dragons be better or worse than Elves at magic? What about Drakonoids?

I think, in terms of magical ability, the order of strongest to weakest should go like this:

1. Drakonoid
  2. Dragon
  3. Elf
  4. Neko
  5. Human
  6. Reptilinoid
  7. Avian
  8. Dwarf

In terms of magical resistance, perhaps something like:

1. Dragons
  2. Repilinoids
  3. Elves
  4. Drakonoids
  5. Humans
  6. Neko
  7. Avian
  8. Dwarf

Last edited by a moderator:
Noivian said:
That's actually a really good idea. It also makes me wonder about how good certain races would be at certain things. Like, would Dragons be better or worse than Elves at magic? What about Drakonoids?
Well it would probably depend on the type of magic. Like elves might be better at restoration magic, but dragons better at destruction magic

TheMilkMan said:
Well it would probably depend on the type of magic. Like elves might be better at restoration magic, but dragons better at destruction magic
That's also something to consider... I hadn't thought of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back