• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon's Keep

Eternalsinger13

We've all heard the story: a princess, trapped in a tower, guarded by a ferocious dragon, and knights in shining armor sent to rescue the poor damsel in distress. What if the story book was wrong? This time around, the knights are the enemy.

The rp would take place in the medieval kingdom of Ecremore, which has been teetering on the edge of war with the neighboring kingdom of Wirenia for decades. The sole heir to the Ecremorian throne (who can be a prince or princess; it was originally a princess) has been living in a tower on the outskirting forests; not because they were kidnapped, but to escape an arranged marriage that was preordained at a young age. The monarchs sent their only child away to protect them from this arrangement, claiming to the Wirenian king that a dragon had kidnapped the heir. This dragon was a designated protector, tasked with keeping the Wirenian knights away from their child until they turned 20; at which point the arrangement would be considered null and void.

Another twist: though it is not common knowledge, dragons are actually shapeshifters. They have become a dying breed because of the constant hunting they've endured when knights go on quests for glory. They do not typically hoard gold or burn down villages, and prefer to live in their secluded communities to avoid humans altogether.

There are only a few years left (exact number will be decided with the heir's age) until the marriage is averted. However, the Wirenian knights have had a few lucky searches, and there is concern that they may have found the heir's location. Will they succeed, slay the dragon, and go through with the wedding? Only time will tell.

Personally, I have a male dragon character that I would really like to use, but would definitely be up for switching things up if I have multiple people that are interested. I can play either gender, and either role. The story can be romantic or not, although I think it would be a cute love story. Perhaps the dragon and the heir are best friends? Or they could be bitter rivals, as the heir has tried to rescue themself by escaping only to have their efforts thwarted by their "protector". (I currently have not posted enough to be able to pm, so we would have to discuss here at first)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back