• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dragon / Magical RP

WhisperingWillows

Allons-y!!!
Okay so I was at work and thinking of this role play while playing a dragon game on my phone.

Plot: There is this Dragon Reserve somewhere high in the mountains. Its job it is protect, research and restore the dragon race which has dwindled down due to them being high on the big game hunting list. There of course would be various dragons, all of different types and elements. There would be various areas of the reserve housing dragons of different species and of different danger ratings, plus there would be your typical farming areas, your housing units, etc.

It would be the job of the people working there to protect the dragons from poachers (we need some of these too), attacks on the reserve and from other dragons. As well as help rebuild the dragon population. Including working with eggs and newborn dragons.

All characters can have magical skills if they would like or be from a magical creature background (witch/wizard, fairy, elf).

The RP would be on the casual, but would prefer 2+ paragraphs of writing.

I am open to additional suggestions, as this something that is flopping around in my bored brain. Would be interested in your thoughts on it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Have a great day!

this seem interesting indeed....Question will the reserve be sometimes in danger by Other things like for example Migrating creatures of Bandits?

Yonsisac said:
this seem interesting indeed....Question will the reserve be sometimes in danger by Other things like for example Migrating creatures of Bandits?
Yes there would be outside dangers, since dragons are highly sought after there will be many outside factors that would endanger the reserve. I like the idea of migrating creatures.

Thank you for your interest and your addition comments.

You are welcome i am Very Interested indeed

so if im correc we cant be Dragons correct?

Yonsisac said:
You are welcome i am Very Interested indeed
so if im correc we cant be Dragons correct?
No. But the characters can communicate with dragons if they wish. Since the RP would be fantasy, being able to speak to dragon would be commonplace. But the ability to control them wouldn't be.

Maybe each member of the reserve is chose by one dragon and they can communicate freely with them (by extension allowing each character the ability to be a dragon). But they also have the ability to talk to other dragons, and talk to the dragons of other characters.

I have about seven dragons I've already came up with, so there will be a vast array of dragons in the game. Some more mellow than others.

interesting.....well then in that case i am in this RP surely thank you for answering

Yonsisac said:
interesting.....well then in that case i am in this RP surely thank you for answering
Thanks so much. I hope a few other people would be interested as well. I'll be sure to keep you updated on the progress of it.

Abyss said:
Sounds really cool.
Thanks. It is hard to come up with a remotely unique RP on here since there are so many wonderful ones.

I want to be a part of this. Totally have a character in mind already.

How sentient are the dragons by the way?

Okay so I thought maybe posting a few of the dragon ideas here, might help develop interest so here it goes.

(Please remember these all are works in progress, I will accept suggestions on improving them.)

Name: The Phantasma

Danger Rating: 5/5 - due to 1) the inability to really see them, unless it is night, and 2) due to their venomous quality.

Rarity: 5/5 - there are only a handful of these dragons remaining on the earth.

Aggression: 3/5 - they are very friendly dragons and enjoy being social with both humans and animals alike. It takes a great deal to push them towards being aggressive, but if that happens they are deadly, usually killing whatever upset them.

Physical Stats: Height; 6-8 ft tall, 10-14 ft long. Weight; Nonexistent

Coloring: Since this dragon is essentially a spirit dragon, there isn't any other color to it other than translucent white. It eyes are more of a cloudy white, which allows some tamers the ability to see it during the day.

Physical Description: The Phantasma dragon is a bit on the smaller side compared to many of the other dragons you would come across. Its translucent white body is unique and allows it only to be seen in the dead of night. Typical Phantasma dragons are have a set of spikes that run along the crown of their head, which helps them protect themselves, since their teeth are more rounded than sharp. Inside of their mouth's they have two similar poison holes that when angered can spit poison over 15 feet. This poison is highly venomous and when it makes contact with skin of a human can burn right through their body. Phantasma dragons have smaller wing spans than other dragons, but that don't need their wings to fly since they float in the air. Their eyes are large and take up a great deal of their heads, and they can see for miles.

Males vs. Females: There is no specific way to tell a male from a female

Mating: Research is lacking in this area since there isn't any definitive proof as to how the dragon came into creation.

Habitat: Phantasma dragons enjoy being near water, typically live in sand dunes, but find areas close to forests since half of their diet is leafy vegetation. They especially enjoy sunlight and are often out in the day playing, or hunting. Since they are hard to see to the naked eye, they are the only dragons that really hunt this way.

Diet: Small Fish, and various vegetation like trees, grass and plants. Phantasma dragons enjoy fruit having a strong liking for citrus.

Mythos: No one really knows where this dragon came from. It was one of the last dragon races discovered, but studies suggest one of the first created. Some believe that when the first race of dragons were created, The Amazonian Canopsis, their kind was friendly with humans. One of the stray dragons became a protector of an Amazonian Tribe. When the tribe was attacked the dragon laid down its life to protect the villagers allowing them to escape. The dragons spirit was said to stay on the earth rather than ascending to the heavens to continue to protect the tribe from danger. Some believe that whenever a dragon lays down its own life in order to protect a member of the human race, that dragon then would become a Phantasma Dragon. Some beleive that even though dragons vary in size, shape, design, etc, all of them look them same on a spirit level, their spirits look like the Phantasma Dragon.

Relation with Humans: Phantasma are highly social dragons, and can build strong friendships with people. When strong bonds of friendship are formed they will easily lay down their lives to protect their friends.

Relation with other Dragons: Phantasma Dragons are highly revered by other dragons. They are treated different that what they would treat other dragons. Many dragons almost worship the Phantasma Dragon often playing with them, bringing them food and gifts. None of the other dragons would every harm a Phantasma dragon, and other dragons have gotten into fights with other various animals and humans all in order to protect them Phantasm Dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Cross_Rhodes]I want to be a part of this. Totally have a character in mind already.
How sentient are the dragons by the way?

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the interest. As for the dragons I think they will be as sentient as humans. I feel like it would be part of their nature. Dragons I feel are highly intelligent and being sentient goes along with that. If a tamer is going to be communicated with their dragon, I would want the dragon to be able to have the full communication ability as well. I want the dragon to question at times why is being done, or to not want to do it.

EvilBarrels said:
This sounds like fun, mind if I tag along?
Thanks for your interest. You would be more than welcome. :)

StoneWolf18 said:
Interesting... with the work being put in I can see this being a high casual if not, detailed perhaps?
My initial thought would be high casual or detailed, but I know that can be off-putting to some. I prefer more detailed the better, but I know that is not something everyone can do. Although I think I might put a poll in the main thread to see what others would like.

LeSoraAmari said:
Ah I like this idea, you can count me in~
Thank you very much.

I am going to start working on the Role Play today and hopefully have at least the character sheets and most of the dragons posted that way you all can start characters.

Would still love a few more people an any additional suggestions.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

[QUOTE="Guilded Clover]This is very interesting. You can count me in.

[/QUOTE]
Great, thanks for the interest.

I am working on the thread now, I hope to have the character sheets up tonight, and being listing the dragons. Once the character sheet is done I will let you all know so you can get started on that.

The Elliot Marnark Dragon Reserve

So after a long day of working on it and with much help from @StoneWolf18 the thread is up, and open for people that want to get started setting up character sheets. Rules are done, as well as the list of different jobs on the reserve and the names and types of the dragons so far.

Tomorrow I will continue to work on getting all the dragon information posted, as well as, the locations. Jobs are first come first serve basis.

Any questions please feel free to ask.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back