• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dragon Heist (Completed)

Once the guard is secured, you make your way through the hall to Fenerus's cell. You don't know what he looks like, but at the place you were held, there's only one more occupied cell. The person inside is a tall human male with matted blonde hair and an unfriendly expression.

"How are you outside?" He asks with a mistrustful look.

The guard that was sitting at the table is no longer there, but should he return, he would see you from his usual spot.

- Let him out.
- Ask about Fenerus.
- Pass by.

Ask about Fenerus.
"Hello to you too, handsome." Iselas snorted softly, though her voice was pitched low to avoid eavesdropping. "Can you tell me where Fenerus is currently being held? I can let you out if you do." She bargained, glancing down at the lock on the cell and then the keys in her hand. Hopefully it wouldn't take long to break him out. There wasn't much time to dilly-dally.

"And what do you need him for?" The man frowns. "Everyone seems to want him for one reason or the other these days." He sighs.

- Answer.

Answer.
"...You sure are asking a lot of questions for a man in jail." Iselas prompted with a raised eyebrow, she looked him over again and wondered what his allegiance was to Fenerus. Then, surreptitiously, she glanced over her shoulder to ensure that she was still undiscovered. "Listen, I just have some questions for him and I want to get him out of here before I ask them. I honestly don't care if he's a thief or criminal or whatever because that'd be pretty hypocritical of me." She snorted again.

"Is that so?" He steps closer to the bars with interest. "Well, then, get me out of the courthouse and grant me safe passage out of the city and you can ask me whatever you want." He grins.

- Agree.
- Refuse.

Agree.
"So, just so that we are clear; you are saying that you are Fenerus?" Iselas clarified with an expression of disbelief, her gaze tracked him up and down once more. Then she shrugged, she had no room to judge, though this man could be lying about his identity entirely. "Could you prove it?" Still, she was going to have to release him regardless as she'd already revealed her mastermind plan. Now it was time to figure out what key fit this particular lock.

"How do you want me to prove it? The guards took everything from me when they threw me in here. Besides, you don't even know me, what would my word mean to you?" He asks, arms folded as you unlock the door.

You try a couple of keys and eventually get the right one in. Fenerus goes out and then takes the lead, as you walk between the holding cells of the courthouse and them through a hatch in the ground, through the sewers.

"Had this exit planned out a long time ago, I just waited for someone to get me out of those bars." He explains.

Soon enough, you are slipping through the deserted alleys toward your tavern. Once you get in through the back entrance and into the kitchens, Fenerus turns to you.

"So, how about that passage?" Buying a ticket on a merchant ship would be enough for Fenerus probably, but that would cost you your remaining gold.

- Ask him about the Stone.
- Promise safe passage.

Ask about the Stone.
"How about you answer one of my questions first?" Iselas prompted, eyes narrowed with calculation as she stared the human down. "Where did you hide the real Stone?" Depending on how forthcoming and helpful he was, she might actually help him leave the city. Though, Iselas hated not having a gold dragon to her name; that tended to remind her of much darker times.

"In an old tower in the Dock Ward." He says with a malicious smirk. "But you will need a map to find it's exact location and I won't give it to you until I'm on a ship out of here."

- Agree to his terms.
- Refuse his terms.
- Threaten him.

Threaten him.
"Oh?" Iselas questioned, eyebrows now raised in surprise at the man's genuinely malicious nature. "Alright, since you're so picky, how about I give you some options?" This time she returned the false smile, withdrawing her shortsword as she spoke. "Option one, you give me the map and I help you escape. Option two, I knock you out and take you to Rongquan, who probably won't be as kind nor as lenient as me. Or, Option three, I kill you and just find this map on my own."

Fenerus instinctively raises his arms up, "I mean no offence." He says, but doesn't sound very sincere. "Give me piece of paper and I'll draw you a map."

In a matter of moments, he's drawn a pretty decent map of the Dock Ward which you'd be able to follow easily in order to get to the tower he spoke about. Fenerus stands there as you examine the map, looking at you expectantly.

- Give him the coin.
- Throw him outside.
- Dispose of him.

Give him the coin.
Iselas chewed anxiously on her bottom lip as she glanced over the map of the Dock Ward, unable to tell whether it was authentic or not. This man could easily be lying to her about everything so far and she hated having to trust others so blindly.

"Last time I was imprisoned someone bailed me out," Iselas revealed finally as she tucked the map away and retrieved the final drudge of her gold dragons. There were no companions to tell her to take his life or to simply kick him to the curb this time around. And, for once, she couldn't rationalize the retainment of gold. "I think that they're going to try to kill you. Safe travels out of Waterdeep." He wasn't terribly likable -- in fact, he wasn't likable at all -- but Iselas didn't find that reason enough to kill him; whether that was by running him through with her blade or by leaving him to the Watch.

You give the man the last of your golden dragons and he hands over the map to the tower. Fenerus leaves the tavern through the back door and you know that you probably won't see him again.

--

"So I heard that you are a wanted fugitive." Renaer frowns at you. "The City Watch will most likely want to keep you in a cell for at least a year. They don't think that you are dangerous, but they really don't like when someone escapes. Not to mention that they blame you for letting out one of the most wanted thieves and smugglers. Iselas..." He sighs. "How did you manage to get yourself in this mess?"

Renaer had come to the Trollskull manor as soon as he heard the news of your capture, his good friend in the Watch, captain Staget, having relayed the information to him. Worried about your safety, he came looking for you and found you as soon as you let Fenerus go. Since the City Watch would come to the tavern right away, he insisted that you come to his mansion for the time being. He can keep them at bay for a little while.

Amiri had stayed back at the tavern, to watch over the business, since Regongar is still missing.

"What are you going to do now? I suggest that you surrender and go to a court hearing. I'll pull all the strings so that the magister will be lenient toward you, but I cannot grant you much help if you insist on being on the run." Renaer says, taking your hand.

- Surrender to the Watch.
- Continue with your quest.
- Something else.

Surrender to the Watch.

Blonde eyebrows drew together to form a small crease, one that hopefully conveyed just how much she didn't care for law enforcement. Unfortunately, she did care about Renaer. While Iselas was happy to avoid contact with the Watch for the duration of her stay, she didn't want to avoid him. And becoming a fugitive would definitely put a strain on how much time they could spend together.

"If you want me to hand myself into the Watch, then I will." Iselas murmured, gently folding Renaer's hand between her own. "I really don't want to go back in there, hence why I escaped, but if you think it's for the best..." She scrunched up her nose in annoyance. Why was it so complicated? Couldn't the Watch just leave her alone? It was their fault their jail was so easy to escape!

"I don't want you to end up in prison, but I also don't want to see you become an outlaw." Renaer sighs. He seems to be deep in thought for a couple of moments, before he says. "You have a lead on the Stone of Golorr, right? I suggest you follow it, those leads grow cold very quickly. Do it as soon as possible, tonight even. I'll check in on Staget and magister Hester in the morning to see what kind of sentence is waiting for you once you are apprehended and then we can think things through." He leans in toward you, giving you a quick peck on the lips, before pulling back with a smile. "Thank you for trusting me."

- Check out the Tower alone.
- Check out the Tower with Renaer.
- Don't do it yet.

Check out the Tower alone.
"I... of course I trust you, Ren." Iselas replied softly with a small smile, as if that wasn't a massive deal to the young half-elf. Deciding that Renaer had implicated himself enough in her criminal activity -- they couldn't all go to jail -- she brushed a few strands of hair from his face, frowned minutely, and then turned to leave. "I'll be back soon, stay safe!"

5d1e23c88299c4767919325875571f4a.jpg

You approach the dilapidated tower that looks like it was built hundreds of years ago, and find the front door unlocked. You walk through a small vestibule and see rotting tapestries adorning the walls, and mud and dirt accumulated on the floor. The ceilings are very high and a spiral staircase leads up and down from the next room. The tower is brightly lit, probably by a spell, since it doesn't look that anyone had been living there for quite a long time. Set into the west wall is a fireplace blackened with soot. A burned heap that used to be a padded leather chair lies near the fireplace.

You spot a longsword on the ground, without a speck of dirt or rust on it, looking very out of place.

- Search the area.
- Go up.
- Go down.
- Optional: Take the sword.

Search the area: take the sword.
The tower was about as impressive as Iselas had expected it to be. As in that it was actually impressive. The place appeared to be slowly descending into ruin and it honestly looked like an awesome hideout for a villain. Iselas stepped through the front door and glanced around the ground floor, noting the abandoned longsword. She stared at it for a long moment, half debating whether it was some bizarre form of a trap, before giving into her baser instincts that screamed for her to take it. Sword in hand she turned back around to view the room at large, deciding to conduct a more thorough search for clues.

The sword feels good in your hand, it's finely crafted and no heavy. You put it through your belt and thoroughly search the fireplace and the chair. However, you don't find anything of interest. The Stone is not on that level at least.

- Go up.
- Go down.

Go up.
Having no luck on this particular level Iselas turned her gaze to the stairs. There was a brief moment of indecision where she flitted between the idea of downstairs versus upstairs but, in the end, Iselas decided that she preferred ascension. Also, she was admittedly curious about how many upper-storeys this building had.

You soon find out that the stairs end at the upper level. This room has another soot-stained fireplace at the far wall which has a lidless iron cauldron hanging on an iron hook in its hearth. There's also a portrait for a man in robes and an elaborate hat hanging above the mantelpiece. The floor is littered with shards of broken glass, burned scraps of paper, twisted pieces of metal, and bird droppings. You find another perfectly clean sword here, which looks the same as the first one. Other furnishings include a rocking chair, a trellis table, and the charred remains of a bookshelf, all shrouded in thick cobwebs. Arrow slits line the walls, and pigeons nest in the rafters.

- Search the room thoroughly.
- Examine the fireplace.
- Take the sword.

Search the room thoroughly: take the sword.
Once she reached the top of the stairs Iselas halted, coming to a complete stand-still as she glanced over the sparsely furnished and charred room. Slowly her gaze came to rest on the second sword, a surprised glimmer flickering behind electrical blue eyes. Was this a trail? Except, instead of breadcrumbs or brightly coloured arrows, they had left behind swords? She frowned, taking it in hand, as she wondered how many of these things she could carry -- they weren't exactly heavy. Still, she needed to search the room regardless.

You manage to fit in another sword through your belt hoop, but that's about all you can carry. Even those two make you a bit unsteady on your feet. You also find, among cracked floorboards, a wooden wand. It flickers when you touch it, it's obviously magical, but you don't know what sort of purpose it serves.

As you move toward the fireplace, three figures slip through the arrow slits, appearing as if out of thin air right in front of you. Three drow elves wielding long-barrel powder guns. They aim them on you, but they don't shoot. One of them searches the cauldron for a moment, then takes something out and jumps back the way he came from, with another following.

The third drow hesitates, looks over at you, then shoots.

- Duck (roll d20 for acrobatics check).
- Use the wand.
- Use the necklace of fireballs.
- Run away.

Use the wand.
Blue eyes narrowed on the two drow elves that retreated from the room. Whatever had been in that cauldron she'd hazard a guess that it had something to do with the Stone. Unfortunately, she had bigger issues right now as the third remaining figure aimed their weapon in her direction and shot. Iselas instinctively dropped down to the ground. It would take more time to reach for her weapon now. Which was probably why she found herself reaching for the abandoned wand, bringing it up and casting it in her attackers direction.

The wand fizzles and sparks and sends out a glowing missile in the direction of the surprised drow. It blasts him off his feet and sends him flying into the soot-covered fireplace. The bullet he shot still hits you, though, bu only grazes your left bicep, leaving a stinging scratch. The drow looks to be unconscious, but the other two have gone through the window and are taking away your last lead.

- Chase them.
- Dispose of the unconscious drow first.
- Take his gun fist.
- Something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back