• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Age: Vanguards of the Inquisition

Lexielai

Cal Bear
Dragon Age: Vanguards of the Inquisition

daI-cover.jpg

Hello RPNation! I'll cut straight to the point: I'm Lexielai, and I've been
dying to play a good Dragon Age RP.When none popped up, I decided to take matters into my own hands and make my own. If you're not familiar with the franchise, it is a series of RPGs developed by the game company Bioware, now in it's third iteration: Inquisition. Unfortunately the world is far too vast for me to explain here, so I'll mainly be aiming for the demographic of people who have played the game before. But if you're really interested, feel free to browse the wiki or site here!

Anyways, the result is a little pet project I've been thinking about for a while. I'm mainly looking for 3-6 talented writers to play a small, elite squad of ragtag individuals within the newly-formed Inquisition (with the story beginning shortly after the Inquisition's formation). If you're interested--which of course you are!--I've written a small introductory segment to the premise below.

“The Inquisition. An order dedicated to the restoration of peace and order in times of strife. In the wake of the First Blight they arose to halt the lawless chaos gripping Thedas by its throat; and when their duty was done, they returned to their homes and laid their swords down. A millennium has passed since, and it is now the year 9:41 Dragon. The outcome of the disastrous conclave between the rebel Mages and the Chantry has left gruesome scars in the hearts of the people. In its aftermath, full-scale conflict has arisen across Thedas once more, and a deep wound remains in the heavens as a reminder of the evils of man.

The Breach, as it’s called, is a dimensional portal ripped into the skies of Thedas above the Temple of Sacred Ashes. It leads into the Fade, the realm of spirits and demons, and a mysterious world that defies contemporary knowledge and the laws of physics. Its expansion was only halted by the heroic deeds of the Herald of Andraste, but the damage was already done. Fade portals across Orlais and Ferelden have begun unleashing hordes of demons upon the unprepared masses, and there seems to be all too few answers to stop them. Between this demon threat and a vicious war pitting rebel Mages against Templars, the rampant chaos spreading throughout Thedas has shattered the fragile peace born following the end of the Fifth Blight.

In a time of great discord, an old order has arisen to draw their swords once more and put an end to the chaos. The Inquisition has been revived under the leadership of the infamous Herald of Andraste. Many flock to this beacon of hope, to seek shelter under its protective arm or to fight as one of its weapons for peace. But the Inquisition is young; it is not yet ready to challenge the numerous threats splitting the world apart. It needs a protector of its own. A stalwart defender dispatched to resolve problems before they can take the Inquisition out. Under the watchful eye of the former Left Hand of the Divine, these defenders have been found.

For now, they are a ragtag group of nobodies—aspiring adventurers, petty criminals, simple farmers and more. But they have all been united in pursuit of their one cause: to be the heroes unknown, the shadowy agents whose stories may remain forever in the dark. They may not be much now, but they will rise far above and beyond who they were before. They must, if they are to survive the firestorm to come.

They are the Vanguards of the Inquisition. This, is their tale."

If you're interested in the idea, definitely feel free to reply to this thread or send me a PM! If I acquire enough interest, I'll start looking into getting the actual thing started. But until then,
au revoir!

EDIT: Check out the roleplay actual here! https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dragon-age-vanguards-of-the-inquisition.89335/

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't finished Inquisition yet. In fact, I've barely had enough time to take the plastic wrap off the game. But I am a big fan of the series, and I'm definitely interested in contributing to this.

I am quite interested. I just finished inquisition again the other night, so I'm looking for more DA stuff to immerse myself in.

Haha, that's good to hear. If a couple more people show interest then I'll start planning everything else out.

I may be interested in doing this. I'm in love with Dragon Age and it would be very fun I think.

Love Inquisition. So this is pretty much like the game, only... Rp style? So does that exclude any races sace as the Quin or anything? Or can we bring back old characters from Origins like Allistair... Or even better yet, Flemeth from 2 since she has many other forms...

Glad to see your interest!

@Christian Nether I'd say this would be more like the Multiplayer mode of Inquisition, albeit less repetitive and boring. Forgive me if I'm not that well-informed, but what are the Quin? And to answer your question on game characters, players will not be allowed to play as characters from the game itself (with the exception of really minor ones in some circumstances). You will be making OCs, or Original Characters. In the instance that a character from the games does make a cameo, I will probably be playing them--like Leliana.

Yes! I was actually thinking the same thing. I was scrolling around, looking for some DA action and...nada. I was pretty close to starting my own when I saw this. I just got back from a trip to the void and the site looks really weird and different, so you may have to be patient with me as I try to figure out what's going on with character sheets and such but YES I am so pumped. If you'll have me, I'm there!

Certainly! Alright, looks like we have enough people to start getting this rolling, but I wanted to know what sorts of characters y'all were intending to play before we started. If you don't have an idea, that's totally fine; just doing a curiosity survey.

Also, Qunari! Okay, so it is fine to play someone of another race. Humans, elves, and dwarves will be simple, but I'll be a bit more strict with Qunari or (dear god) yet another race. Unless you have a really good premise, then a Qunari character has to be Tal-Vashoth or just Vashoth. I don't mind being from any particular region, so go wild!

I'll set up an RP thread and get working on a character sheet soon. I wanted to warn you guys though, there WILL be limited space (6 at most). I do have some certain standards for writing quality--the introduction on the front page is about what I'm looking for. Multi-paragraph, good grasp of the English language, and a creative and fair mindset. Quality, baby!

Sweet. I plan on doing an elven healer if that's cool. I'm thinking her name will be Maelwen. She'll probably be Dalish. Working on her sheet now. Ah, the joys of character creation.

Cool ideas! I probably will not be able to set up the roleplay until later tomorrow, but I will definitely have a personality section and a background section. Feel free to start working on those.

I also wanted to add some perspective to what kind of characters you'll be playing. They won't be fighting machines...yet. At the start they'll just be normal or decently skilled, but not like the Warden or Hawke or the Inquisitor. They'll get better as the roleplay progresses, but right at the beginning one or a few enemies would individually give them a hard time. They can be skilled in other areas of course, but they won't be incredible in combat yet.

I'm definitely in if you'll have me! Question: Will we be using Bioware's default world state or will we try to avoid Hawke's and the Warden's influence as much as possible?

I'd say avoid them as best as possible. It would be very complicated to try and find something that satisfies everyone, and I personally know my world state best so I'll probably be pulling from what I know if it ever comes up. Does that sound fair?

Hey everyone, I've finished setting up the roleplay thread here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/dragon-age-vanguards-of-the-inquisition.89335/

I haven't finished an example character sheet yet, but feel free to get started on your own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back