• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age: Tale of Rivain

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

The Silent Z

Just Here
IMG_0222.JPG
" A Tale to be Told..."
To the north of his station of Jader, down on the borders of Fereldan and part of Orlais had Salvestro traveled upon receiving the call from Weisshaupt fortress and the first warden themself. Making the dreaded haste for a land he cared little for and for many reasons of his own, but the call was made and it was his duty to answer it. Taking to the mountains Salvestro made his way for the arid kingdom of the Anderfels enduring what weather and obstacles that would come his way and meet him on such a path. It wouldn't be his first trip nor likely his last should he live to tell of what may come for him, but it was never a trip he made with a true smile and gleeful expression and joy.

Upon reaching the wandering hills and fairly near the Donarks at the northern border. Salvestro stood feeling rather lacking of energy and feeling a tiredness set in, the crystal blues of his sharp eyes gazing upon the seeming wasteland that was the Anderfels as his expression remained plain and stoic. Perhaps wasteland was a harsh term to use but the history of this land, the hot summers and cooler months bringing dust storms.... What didn't ring true about such a term for it? While he never cared for the Anderfels as a nation and the wardens rumored involvement in politics least with the first warden, Salvestro did care for the people and admired Kal Sharok to the south in the hunterhorn mountains beneath the surface where the once dwarven capital during the empire had remained surviving against the conditions and overwhelming threat of darkspawn in the deeproads, that had been cutting them off from a safe, easier path to their brothers and sisters of Orzammar and their king for many a year.

The southern border and what can be found there however was not the purpose of his journey, no matter how much he could respect the dwarves of Kal Sharok and the children of stone and their story, the architecture, history and marble statues of paragons. Wolfgang had come for the call that was made by the first warden......

Weisshaupt, arriving at the fortress and gathering amongst others with the first warden... Well Wolfgang was never a typical man. It started with a plain announcement of his promotion to Warden-Constable of Orlais to which Sal nearly glared in shock mixing a half glare and half sincere shock into his stare and turn of head toward the superior ranking warden. He had practically spent his entire decade approaching an eleventh year as a warden scout often working alone, even as a senior warden nothing truly changed other then age, yet now he was to become a what? Second in command to the commander in Orlais? "Pardon my intrusion of words.... I am to become what?" Salvestro broke his surprise and silence to ask a question that he already knew the answer but asked anyway. "Don't act with surprise Wolfgang. You know already what I have said and the little your input or protest will do here, especially now." The man spoke dismissing any attempt of causing a scene or least hopefully as his hands rested before his chest on the table, a fist wrapped in opposite hand while eyes and expression kept stern and business like.

"I see.... Perhaps I shall say, thanks, huh?" Wolfgang replied with a smirk and turned head as his eyes closed and breath heavily released. Most would appreciate the promotion and perhaps one day the same would be said for Wolfgang, but today it felt like a slap in the face and forcing of his hand to learn in such a manner and accept it. Orlais had a decent commander, a fair and able second but she had received a call of her own recently and now the first warden and likely his commander had plans for him to succeed her.... even if Salvestro saw himself as a scout for the wardens of grey and nothing more beyond that and his duty to protect.

Meanwhile the gathering went on and it was made clear that Wolfgang as the now ranking warden would lead this band to Rivain and during this mission. They were discover what is going on there, why have so many reached the surface and what awaits them all in the coming future, ultimately..... put a end to this threat before it can become a problem for more then just Rivain and their borders. While another team would be sent and had been to deep roads to learn more from beneath the surface where they are often rampant with the taints presence and darkspawn horde.

If they could anyhow.... Wolfgang simply nodded and accepted his assignment in silence before opening his eyes and leading the way out of the wardens office. Since that gathering the group of wardens had, Salvestro and crew of the dwarven warrior, Helda The Two-Headed a locally stationed warden of the Anderfels and with her was Fereldans own representative, a human warrior known as Liam Darson and a qunari Mage from Nevarra by the name of Kara...... talk about representation. Furthermore they were to meet up with another warden by the name of Nathan Thale a elven warden in Antiva from Rivain who Wolfgang was told was a rogue like himself.

Over much time and travel as well as consideration of the mission and what it may entail. Wolfgang and crew had met up with Nathan Thale in Antiva before moving on toward Rivain..... A nation that Salvestro knew all too well, even if years had gone by since setting foot and gaze upon her unique beauty. Now even while staying rather quiet and stoic during the trip... Wolfgang got a sense of the team and their traits, noting Helda's bubbly, friendly nature and Kara's cryptic way of speaking as well as the rather flirtatious nature of fellow Rivaini Nathan and the soft spoken nature of Fereldans Liam. A cast of characters that nobody could have predicted being placed together if you were to ask Salvestro as the man of elven blood stepped foot upon the grounds of Ayesleigh, the nearest city on the borders of Rivain coming through Antiva, once more his sharp blues and rather red hair gazing upon the land as fingers traced the dirt and knee pressed against the ground in kneel, simply getting a feel of home and a sense for those he sought.

Tags just in case:
spacepanda spacepanda Hawke Hawke Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Karcen Karcen

Last edited:
Nathan Thale & Helda the Two-Headed

"Oh wow!" Exclaimed Helda for probably the thousandth time during the nearly two month travel. "Look at that sunrise! Fantastic!" To Helda, the long journey with her fellow wardens had been the first time the dwarf had ever stepped foot out of her own country and every new animal, every new plant and change in weather, delighted her.

The group had finally arrived at the bay-side city of Ayesleigh in Rivain, a location pivotal during the Fourth Blight. Of course, back then the wardens had battled Darkspawn on the backs of majestic griffons with the assistance of Royal Armies and well-known people like the Champion of Starkhaven. Now, however, it was just the Wardens alone. Although this was no Blight, the ever-increasing number of Darkspawn in Rivain and other areas around Thedas was a reason for great concern; regardless, Helda felt confident in Warden-Constable Wolfgang's leadership and was assured the group would find the answers they sought. Even if most people felt there was no need for Wardens anymore...

The mischievous elf known as Nathan, however, was feeling a little less than confident in their mission. Luckily for him, the Grey Wardens had a bit of a tradition he quite enjoyed- Grey Whiskey. This tradition (known by a few other names as well) was born from the Grey Wardens' penchant to waste not. Nearly every warden had their own personal flask or bottle which they filled with whatever alcoholic (and sometimes non-alcoholic) drink was available, the culmination of which usually resulted in a brown, foul tasting creation. But it did the job well enough, so with a small frown Nathan reached for his flask and gulped down some of the concoction.

"So," he began, his Rivaini accent rolling from his tongue as he watched Wolfgang kneel on the ground, "where do we go from here exactly? We just ask around?"

Although the elf had been promoted to the rank of 'Senior Warden' a year previously, he had very little experience leading a team and was not sure what to do with a mission of this magnitude. "Usually we just, in Antiva that is, go in and kill the things. Simple, yes?"

The sights of their trip to Rivain had shown the group many sights, bot to Kara she had seen so much more. They were planning to go into the deep roads, but no one ever thought of what was below them. She had gone that deep she had traveled below the world and no one really understood. When she tried to speak her words were befuddled, what should be easy and clear to say came out twisted and wrong. She had tried to tell other what she knew, what she saw but always it came out wrong, she knew so very much and could warn no one. She heard the songs, she knew the music that was being sung and yet she was far to new to the wardens to hear the call they all feared. Kara knew if she could just tell everyone then she might save so many, yet those voices and her own mind that twisted everything would hide her meaning. With Nathan asking where they were to go next she could answer them, she could tell them where the song was where the coming events were to happen. It was frustrating with no end to not be clear.

" In the dark they gather, in the deeps they dig, in the song they revel " Kara said unable to even explain what she meant by this she could tell of the coming danger. " We seek answers in roads where the children of the world once dwelt when they were bigger" her words again were not right, they were all wrong she could say it simple the answer was below yet always things where added.

Charlotte Kayson

Charlotte had been in Rivaini for years now getting as much experience as she could and setting a goal for herself but, she got to know the people and they became as important to her as those in the alienage where. Rushing from garden to garden she tried to not forget anything as she gathered her supplies. She had done everything she could to help those with wounds from suffering more than needed and if magic enabled back on their feet. Now, all that was left was to move forward, a bulk of the healers had moved on to Afsaana after the larger attack. More trickling out until Charlotte and those that had homes here remained.

“Charlotte?”

“Yes, Ianto?” Ianto handed off another set of Elfroot, she had more than enough but everything helped.

“The Grey Wardens are here you should ask them to journey with you… for safety”

Charlotte grinned “Yes I doubt they have much information than we do, thank you for your suggestion." Rechecking her supplies she wiped at her dirtied knees “I’m sorry I have to leave you here”

“You’ve helped as much as you could!” Ianto said earnestly “The others will need you too, I only hope the spirit recognizes your good will”

“I’m not doing this for them I did it for the people”

Charlotte walked determinedly to the group of wardens reminding herself the worst they could say is no, she wasn’t as clueless as she was for her last adventure. "We have done everything we can, all they have left to do is rebuild. If you want to help you need to make your way to Afsaana where the larger horde has attacked” Charlotte narrowed her eyes at the sky “not sure when I’ll get there but the sooner the better. I’m packed and so are you, will you join me?”

Last edited:
Salvestro "WolfGang" De Callis
During the two month journey from the Anderfels and Weisshaupt fortress specifically, Salvestro engaged with the others from time to time though still it was rather quiet from him as the man spoke when he felt it necessary and the matter arised. But still his assessment from the group was rather curious to think over, Helda was often in wonder over nearly every view they could look upon as they traveled through nations. It made him crack a brief yet small smile at times, reminding him of another time in his life however it did become quite regular it seemed at different moments, each positive note of joy repeating itself at times. Every animal, plant and change of weather.... It all seemed to delight it her and while it was understandable once knowing the source behind it, the reason for such strong exclamation of joy over each sighting and experience. Yet it was very much a new experience for Salvestro, who was very used to working alone and listening to the quiet, listening to nature and the various sounds that no living, speaking being could mimic easily. But the man remained quiet, offering small smile at times as the veteran got used to voices around him and working within and part of a group.

Meanwhile at the arrival of Ayesleigh and kneeling upon the ground, Wolfgang felt the dirt beneath his body with his gloved fingers, eyes sharp in turn of the light and then toward a distant coordinate off in opposite direction from the suns direct gaze and rays of light. It was the voice of the elven warden, Nathan, that brought his attention back toward the group. Nathan was a drinking fellow, often noting the mans flask of what could only be guessed as Grey-Whiskey, a common sight amongst the wardens though he could be wrong yet that was another matter. Nathan seemed less certain over the mission least it seemed by his actions and drinking. Meanwhile it was his question that came to the fore front of his mind.... "It's feint, I doubt the darkspawn have isolated in a single location. The main body of those beasts I don't know yet.... But they were here and I'd say," Salvestro began to respond with a answer and the idea of asking around being mentioned. However was temporarily caught off guard by Kara's latest phrase.

The womanly qunari had a odd way of speaking, mind possibly unraveled into pieces by the sound of it. Though in small bits he managed to somewhat make out a word or two here and there even so the scout was never certain of it. Momentarily Wolfgang paused giving the latest message a thought trying to de-cypher the cryptic form of speaking and holding off for a moment from continuing in answering the Rivaini elf. "The deep roads? Children.... The stone dwellers of a kingdom?" He spoke softly aloud in breaking it down with his own process. " You speak of the deep roads and the children of the stone? The wardens have a team already tasked there, Kara. We must focus here on the surface." Salvestro spoke in reply the best he could imagine her cryptic words meant and referenced.

Next he returned toward Nathan and rose from his kneel, "It's been two months atleast since the parting of Weisshaupt, more since the attacks. Asking around is a start, but something tells me the darkspawn have spread across ho----- I mean across the nation. Plenty of ground to cover either way." Sal replied cutting himself off and correcting before saying home. The thought of his clan at risk, friends of years past threatened or killed was rather painful and revealing how personal it all felt wouldn't be permitted by his own code. It has been years since setting foot on the lands of Rivain, longer since regular thought of his kin even though they were never far from mind. "I always liked simple. But here is tricky, I'd say first we move to the next town, Afsaana, try there and then south perhaps into... well we follow the tracks and feint scent til the beasts are found." Wolfgang spoke in answering, the more he spoke the more odd it felt in his new position of Warden-Constable. He wasn't accustomed to leading, he used to being a scout and thus plans were more adaptable to the situation, less concern with a larger group. Meaning a different set of tactics and more to consider. Nathan mentioned Antiva and how they operated often enough, a form of duty that Wolfgang was familiar to in a way. He often scouted various locations and hidden or lost ruins and fortresses where darkspawn were seen or last been. Tracking their movement and reporting along, while he struck them down at different points when it was necessary and to Salvestro that was fairly often when he could get a way with it.

"Simply track, observe and respond accordingly is the strategy we will place into effect. As simple as I can make it at this time, Nathan." Wolfgang added not aiming to come off as one speaking down to another, but simply breaking it down til more was uncovered. Time wasn't exactly on their side as the travel alone was a set back and Rivain was much ground to cover and retrace of attacks.

Next came another figure, a elven woman, she walked rather set in her way towards the group of wardens. Skipping right over pleasantries and greetings, names even.... right to the point and that involved going to Afsaana where the larger horde attacked. She asked about joining her on the journey, a question that surprised him as that could only place her in further danger. Surely there was more, no? "Lady, without a name I'm not certain of your task in Afsaana. But we have been sent here to aid Rivain, yes. Afsaana will see our aid, though you are?" Wolfgang spoke in turn rather curious about the elf. "Meanwhile to your question. If you insist upon traveling to Afsaana, I feel it best that our company be joined, so yes we shall join you." Wolfgang continued retaining a fair expression but stoic for the most part manner.

While off in the distance swift steps crossing crisp leaves and past swaying bushes and plants, could be feintly heard with eyes peering at the group from a far.

Sere was just one of the many mercenaries in her company, though in calling it hers it was not that she lead it Or owned it; just she belonged to it. I'm truth Sere was just your everyday lineman put in the front and not expected to come back. Right now most of them felt they were going on a suicide mission, but hey that was part of the deal of being a merc no one gave a shit if you lived or died so why should you. The men and women that marched, if thier disorganized wanderings could be called marching, had all likely blown through whatever pay they had last got as none expected to come back alive. They were off to fight darkspawn. Now for an army this might not be do bad but they were only a few hundred and there were no wardens with them. Not to mention fighting things with the blight was basicly a death sentence to all but the wardens if you got so much as scratched. Thus why thonk of tomorrow when there was a good chance you weren't going to see it. That was the life Sere had always lived and she always knew hers would be short brutal and she would likely die violently. That was true of pretty much any merc who didn't get out of the frontline by luck or guile. The big plan here was to go where the darkspawn were break off into smaller groups find some rich people play town guard for awhile. With any luck they wouldn't see any darkspawn and it would just be an excuses to sit around getting drunk. That was unless some very fancy rich lord bought them all and then they would be cannon fodder and make sure to blow all their pay before doing their job. Life like this wasn't easy but was simple and everyone in the company expected this simple life to end shortly.

Despite Wolfgang's attempt to not come off as condescending, Nathan held in a small sigh, left feeling a bit dull.

"Track, observe, and respond. Ah yes," he responded, pulling slightly on the reins of his mount, a large sorrell-coated horse named 'Sundance.' The horse nickered softly in response, moving in accordance with Nathan's commands. The elf turned his horse towards Helda's and rolled his eyes slightly once he knew his face could no longer be seen. "A great plan, of course, Constable. You humble me." Nathan chose to ignore the fact that he hadn't aptly explained his question to begin with. His main concern was that people, in his experience, tended to view Grey Wardens as relics of an era long gone. An unneeded order with more power than they deserved and with less intelligence than they required. He hoped the people of Rivain would be different; then again, people tended to welcome the Wardens a bit more once they'd seen Darkspawn first hand.

Helda chuckled at Nathan's reaction and very carefully hoped off her own horse (a black mare named 'Midnight') at the sight of the newcomer, a large-eyed elven woman who smelled faintly of elfroot. "Oh, you must have recognized our uniforms!" Helda spoke cheerfully, taping the griffon on her chest plate. She listened as their Constable spoke to the woman, inviting them to join their party. She was about to note that their travels would likely be dangerous when she suddenly felt a strange tickling sensation on the back of her neck. She looked to Nathan who had jumped off his own horse and was looking at her with disgust. Reaching her hand back she found the culprit and held it in front of her- a large, goliath beetle who must have landed on her. The creature was almost the size of her entire hand and she gasped at its rich red velvety coloration.

"Put that down!" Nathan exclaimed, clearly distraught. He had been on his way to introduce himself to the new elven woman and flirt a bit when he had witnessed the beetle land on the dwarf.

"Aw, but it's cute!" She responded, lifting it up towards Nathan's face causing him to stumble backward with a strangled noise. "Can I keep him?" She asked Wolfgang in jest. The beetle's legs wiggled frantically trying to escape her grasp.

"Tell her 'NO!'" Nathan choked out in Rivaini. Any attempts to appear suave and handsome in front of the new woman were now long gone.

Charlotte Kayson

Charlotte blushed looking down to fiddle with the straps her bag “Do forgive me, I am Charlotte a healer." Looking up at the dwarven woman in gratitude “I did recognize your armor as would most people here, Warden Anya is one of the main reasons Ayesleigh is still standing. Many of us owe her our lives." A debt that in some eyes that could never be repaid, the saving of one’s life. Something Charlotte had come to find when taking care of those who could no longer care for themselves. They thanked her, gave her more supplies than she deserved. She hadn’t been much help in the fight all she had was soothing those who did or the people who were caught off guard from the attack. A memory of what once was ghosted around Ayesleigh. Children were no longer laughing, simply crying.

Charlotte was jolted out of her musings focusing instead on the present, and on the beetle. “Nothing to be afraid of just a beetle though I don’t recommend keeping them, could I recommend the name, Dustin?” Shaking her head to get on track “Thank you, but we must go now, time is of the essence; there was another darkspawn attack in Afsaana and I cannot stay idle when I do not know the fate of the others.” More than just that, they gave her the determination to help, to get better.

Salvestro "Wolfgang" De Callis
The troubles he'd seen and now the sarcasm of companions he felt. Honestly the veteran scout sometimes wondered if this was a punishment of some kind by taking him from the role he knew and felt at home, in order for him to take up this new task. Salvestro was not the most oriented of people when it came to social matters. He had seen tragedy and hate during his youth, crimes allowed upon the elves by humans... He had seen healing tarnished and challenged with his own hatred returning when a crow took the life of his love for gold and contract. Wolfgang felt at peace for the best he could understand it by the call of duty and isolation in nature and amongst animals. It tempered a old thirst and kept him in majorative control over his emotions and being. But in present, wolfgang shook his head slightly and chuckled. "Wonderful sarcasm Nate..."

Wolfgang had spoken in his native tongue figuring the elven warden could understand the language well as a rivaini like himself. " But the people and their feelings toward us matter little nor change anything related to our task. Its ideal they want our help and accept us.... But if fools deny us during a uprising of darkspawn then still we hunt and protect as if they did accept us. We have the duty of wardens not always the love of people." Wolfgang continued in riviani feeling his words dragging on like a speech and cursing himself for allowing it. Short and to the point was more his preferred style, anything like a speech made him feel like a man playing at politics and that was a undesired feeling.

Meanwhile came the dwarven wardens feet hitting the ground and cheerfully speaking to the elven woman. The contrast of the two wardens were something to ponder, he was a lone wolf type with plenty of inner turmoil where as Helda had much more in the way of cheery delight and bubbly personality. Meanwhile the beetle and reaction of Nate was quite priceless giving the loner warden a smile and shake of his head with slight laughter. "It's hard to tell if your serious or not sometimes..." Wolfgang replied to Helda as Nate had his own request on the matter. Though he left it at that and focused on Charlotte now figuring Helda knew what was best and if she was jesting then his answer was unneeded even if it could give Nate a good shock if he were to play along.

"Well met then Charlotte." Wolfgang said while pondering the news of a warden named Anya and her presence and actions here. The first warden left out this Anya or did he even know? It seemed this Anya had earned some good graces for herself and perhaps by extension the wardens. Perhaps that will give some relief of mind to Nate then as well. " Good to hear..... Anya, good to hear her presence was of aid." Wolfgang added shaking the egg from his face. An extra warden was great news but being left in the dark a second time since this journey began was not a welcomed sight. "Of course." The warden spoke moving past the sound of her comment and seeing the true meaning of it. She was a worried woman concerned with the fate of the people in Asfaana and darkspawn never waited for anything. Instead he nodded in agreement and got upon his anterled steed giving a small look back toward the trees with a silent nod and gaze before giving the signal to the others after moving his gaze toward them.

............. Timeskip...............

It took the wardens and their companions another full day to reach the city of Afsaana following the coast, but thankfully their travels had been easy. They had not been met with any troubles or complications so the group's morale was relatively positive and Helda, who had allowed Charlotte to ride with her (much to Nathan's chagrin,) kept herself busy by humming Anders folk tunes; she was brimming with confidence.

Nathan, however, was not in the best of moods. In fact, he was absolutely sour. He had run out of liquor in his flask and had asked everyone else for theirs, and even though some had thankfully given it up, it wasn't enough. He had not drank anything at all today and his face looked beyond displeased.

"Oooh!" Helda chirped with glee. The group had just passed by the Afsaana Academy of Dance, an institute highly praised by all of Thedas for its rigorous training. All of Rivain's (and Antiva's) most famous dancers had studied at the school, and people came from every country to enjoy the show that the academy proudly performed for the annual Afsaana Art Festival. In fact, dance wasn't the only art celebrated in the city. It was also known for its painters and thespians.

"I just remembered! Doesn't the Art Festival take place this month?"

Nathan groaned slightly. He had been keeping his eyes mostly closed for the sun seemed ten thousand times brighter than usual and he had been rubbing his temples. Currently, Helda's voice pierced through his sensitive elven hears and made his head throb even more. "Quiet!" He hissed, pressing his eyes. "I very much doubt there will be a performance when there are Darkspawn crawling about."

"Oh, yea. Right," Helda blushed, feeling slightly foolish, and then after receiving a sharp glare from Nate added in a whisper, "Sorry."

Charlotte Kayson

Charlotte was thankful for Helda and Nate for offering to share their horse with her. Horse riding had nothing on walking, but the time was so much shorter and for that she was thankful. She couldn’t imagine where all these darkspawn where coming from or ever having to fight them again. The devastation they bring was something Charlotte read in books and fantasy. Now here she was, going to face them again, with Wardens; the first line of defense against the blight. For a second Charlotte felt cold, fear paralyzing her system before she dismissed it refusing to believe the Wardens brought warnings of the end. Determined she riffled through her bag once again inventory just as important as any magic; it wouldn't due to be exhausted when people needed her help.

Charlotte side eyed Nate when he asked for alcohol and his irritability that followed by the lack of it, frowning at the connotations but she decided it was not her place to speak. Instead, focusing on Helda, placing a hand on her shoulder to gather some of her attention as she whispered. "Yes it is, the art festival is quite amazing even in the worst of times I do hope you get to see it, even after so much has happened" An optimistic view Charlotte knew, but that didn't make it any less possible.

However, the closer they got to the city the worse she felt. Anxiety and concern ran through her system, everything and everyone could be gone before they even got there. Her only consolation was Ayesleigh, still standing with the chance to rebuild. "Anya!" Charlotte launched off her horse "Anya!!" darting after the other Warden with no other thoughts but relief they were all right.

"You're alright!" Charlotte heaved "Are you alright?"

The last time Charlotte had seen her she had been ok, at best. Charlotte had done the best she could but everyone had been so tired, she hadn't realized how much better she would feel at the sight at the other warden. "Ayesleigh is on its way to rebuilding, and everyone is looking after each other," She updated quickly breathless wanting to reassure not only Anya but herself. Finally taking a breath Charlotte looked around "How is everyone here?" dreading the answer as much as she needed it.

Last edited:
As it happened not long before the wardens , maybe two days max, the mercenary company had arrived. The leader of this section of the private army was in talks about protection and other job opportunities for the warriors in his employ. One of those warriors was Sere who like the others was using these days as down time and had already ate, drank, and slept her way through her last pay. That of course would not stop her from doing more of the same She just needed to be around the ones that still had cash on them. That was the life of a merc, living as much as you could, when you could as your days were numbered. They if course were going completly crazy it was like any other military group on leave, they partied hard and maybe had a fist fight or two but little else.

It was while Sere was wandering, seeking out a fellow merc or some guy to buy her drinks for the nighg, that she saw the group. Everyone knew the wardens and you could pick them out with ease when they wore their colors. To Sere the wardens were just another merc outfit they just were very specialized. They also didn't pay as well. Still this was a chance and Sere was going to take it, all the company was likely to be thrown into the meat grinder or get blighted do might as well get it over with sooner. She also had something of a score to settle as well her parents had gotten killed by darkspawn. Well the spawn hadn't directly killed them but the blight haf. They had gone on some mission woth some fantasy pants dwarf to the deep roads and ended up having to fight a small army to get back. In the end no one had survived the fights and the infection. Still it wasn't like Sere was consumed by vengece her parents were mercs they were goung to die one way or another and darkspawn were darkspawn. Really Sere just wanted to kill as many as she could before she also got killed by them. The grey wardens were the best option to get into the thick of the darkspawn.

"Hey there wardens" Sere called out ealking over to them "I'm guessing you bunch are going out to kill some darkspawn got room for one more?" She asked.

Salvestro De Callis
Wolfgang was never the most talkative fellow, often allowing his expressions and actions speak for themselves. The role of a scout was rather simple after all and didn't require a full company of wardens or soldiers not even a small team. Wolfgang grew comfortable in that setting and though Strider was rarely far after their meeting years ago, she was not around him too often either, instead just the right distance and amount of time together in arms reach for the both of their sakes. The two worked best and were more of a threat in the arrangment they seemed to have. Even if Sal never actually asked for the extra eyes following and watching his flank. Meanwhile the journey from ayesleigh was a mixture of positives and norms as travel during such times go.

Helda was her usual bubbly self acting with glee at the sight of Asfaana's dance academy when they arrived. While during the trip to the city, Nate had checked about others flasks for some more drinking, by the time he asked Wolfgang the warden merely raised his brow with a pause before quietly taking his flask out and handing it over to the elven companion. Though it didn't seem to help his mood much, noted when they arrived in the city and how he hissed over Helda's talk about a performance. Meanwhile Charlotte had given looks to Nate and his rounds concerning their flasks while sticking to Helda socially before dismounting and running off toward another.....

Anya by the sound of the name called. " So shes the warden who gave Ayesleigh aid? Hmm...." Wolfgang thought with a narrowed, focused gaze toward the direction of the two women. It had been years since setting foot in Asfaana, much time had passed since seeing a performance from the local academy. So Wolfgang refrained from joining that topic as he couldn't speak much on it personally nor had he the right timing to say. While he waited before greeting the new face, preferring not to intrude on the reunion of the pair just yet. Instead he dismounted and walked about the city, seeing how it compared to ayesleigh, it fared better yet still showed the signs of darkspawn and battle.

he felt for the people of Asfaana, truly he did, it gave him a small feeling of guilt. Perhaps if he stayed near rivain for his station instead of Jader then maybe he could have acted sooner and been here to help during the first attacks. Even if he would have died it seemed better then to arrive late and see this bloodshed and burning homes, the smell of flesh rotting and burning was never a welcomed sight and smell even when necessary. It was always hard to bare amidst the tragedy.

however as the man looked about the city with intent, investigative eyes his focus was drawn to another. A approaching qunari merc by the looks of her, at first he was a bit shocked to see a qunari then again he was in rivain where sightings were more common then some places outside of rivain.

"A growing interest for aid.." Wolfgang spoke in initial reply before looking her over for a moment. "A merc by the looks of you, we won't offer our gold to you. But if your still interested to join us for some darkspawn hunting then.... Yes." Wolfgang added shortly clearing the matter before the wrong idea was had and expected. " More staves, swords and bows between the darkspawn and the people is always good." Wolfgang continued with a nod and tossing of a stone in his hand. "Names Wolfgang. You've got Nate, Helda, Charlotte, Liam and that woman i presume is Anya. " He spoke providing names of all present though personal introductions could still be made, he simply felt the need to share each name. While he was expecting a intro of the qunari womans name in turn.

Anya walked patrol through Asfaana, her axe on her shoulder, held loosely by her right hand. The locals hadn't particularly liked the grubby warden when she had arrived, trying to warn them in her heavily accented and, at times, broken Ravaini. But that had changed when the Darkspawn attacked. She was still pretty much left alone, but people seemed more accepting of her.
The Darkspawn attack had been brutal, but not as bad as Anya felt it should have been. When she brought this up to some of the local guards, they tried to pass it off as the Darkspawn spending much of their strength against her comrades back at Ayesleigh. But the Reaver wasn't as convinced by the wishful thinking. There had to be more out there. And with the town's defenses already weakened and she being the only warden, another attack might finish the job.
"One warden versus a hoard of Darkspawn." She mentally mused. "A fitting enough death."
As Anya's patrol brought her closer to the Academy, she heard the sound of horses and humanism voices. Steeling herself for looters, Anya unslung her shield and went out to meet the travelers. To her surprise, she spotted Grey Warden emblems on many of the party. The constable had said something about reinforcements, but Anya figured they would be too little, too late.
She marched forward to meet her fellow wardens, but paused in her stride when someone called out her name. She forced herself to relax when she saw Charlotte dart over to her. She recognized the healer from the last town, who had helped patch her up. She would definitely be useful.
"I'm fine." Anya answered tersely.
She glanced down at her uniform and armor a little self consciously. It's blue coloration was nearly lost in the mud and dried blood on it, with a few dents in the metal. Some had been earned at Ayesleigh, but a few were new.
Anya seemed unphased by news of Ayesleigh's condition. It had been another place to bury friends.
"Mostly fine." She replied to Charlotte. "A few deaths, but none taken by the taint. The injured have been taken to some form of temple, and might need your craft."
She caught the Warden with the bow watching her. He answered the oxman mercenary, so he seemed to be the leader. Anya eyed Sere a moment. She hadn't had any contact with Qunari back in the Wilds, thus wasn't sure what to think of them. They were stout and seemed to know their way around their blades, so they at least had that going for them. She glanced around the group as Wolfgang introduced everyone, nodding when he spoke her name.
"That's me." Anya chimed in. "Good to see a few more wardens around."

Sere couldn't say she wouldn't like pay,as that had been how she had always lived till now, but well she had been the one to come up to them. Really if she wanted pay she could just stay with the rest of the company, but well they might not see as many darkspawn as the wardens might so might as well go with those that would kill the most. She would be doing this for free and she had known from the start. As great as the wardens were, as much as she saw the wardens as special mercs, they were cheapskates and if they wanted someones help they just took them. Really that was a power that any company or army would likely kill for, the ability to without question tell someone they were being recruited no if, ands, or buts. Well it didn't matter how cheap they were Sere didn't care to much she didn't really think she would finish whatever mission they had here. Then again she doubted she would ever finish any mission, Merc were expendable and everyone knew it. Really if you bought them you threw them into the worst fighting and hopped they died when they managed victory so you could try to get out of paying them fully. That kind of mentality was just how Sere thought, expect to die and celebrate if you manage to live. This mission would be no different, actually her chances were lower, she was going to be in a small group going to wherever the fighting was worst and unlike the wardens she wasn't immune to the taint. That was more why she was sure she would die, she didn't know much about the taint and thought it was super infectious as she only heard second hand stories and saw those that got infected. Really no matter how infectious or not it was she just assumed you were bound to get it. That was also why she thought grey wardens were the experts in fighting darkspawn they were immune to the taint, which to her would infect just about everyone. She might be wrong with these guesses, but she was a simple merc not a fancy pants researcher. So she was not expecting to leave these wardens alive due to her own ignorance and rumors form other mercs about how bad the taint was.

" If I was expecting pay i would have the boss talk to you, this is free of charge, got my own reasons to kill darkspawn" Sere said after the apparent leader of this group introduced the others. Normally sere wouldn't bother with names of employers she never saw them and they never cared. She had kind of figured it would be the same with the wardens, disposable faceless muscle meant to be sacrificed to buy time so important people might live, that was what she expected. " Name's Sere, but you can call me whatever not a big deal" She said

Unable to keep herself from smiling, Helda let out a soft, "Awww," at the reunion of Charlotte and the newly introduced warden, Anya. Hopping off her horse, Midnight, she gave a friendly wave to the woman before tending to the mare's hooves. The party was in a state of constant movement since they left the Anderfels, and the dwarf took every opportunity to tend to the needs of the animal and check on its general wellbeing.

Nathan opened his eyes momentarily and watched with curiosity as a young Qunari woman approached the party offering her aid. Staying atop his own mount he tilted his head and frowned slightly in confusion. The woman was dressed head to toe in symbols of the Qun and yet did not carry herself as one. Even Tal-Vashoth who have long since forsaken their previous ways of life still held some semblance to the people they once were.

After a moment, his head still pounding, the elf brought his mount closer to the woman. "State your reasons." he commanded in Qunlat, doubtful that she would even be able to understand his words. If he was able to ask her in a more polite way he would have, but the Qunari were never ones to sugarcoat and their manner of speech often mirrored that.

Sere watched and elf in the group come up to her then speak some language that she honestly didn't know. She honestly only spoke one language and when in other countries the mercs were either kept away from the population or taught the most basic of phases. They knew in essence to ask fro someone who could speak their language, ask for a guard, and tell people to see the boss. This didn't mean that they were taught these for every language and in fact most had certain areas they operated in and areas controlled by the qun were not one of them. Thus despite this being the tongue of her people, something Sere would deny, she knew not a single word of it. The armor she wore was actually something of a hand me down taken from her parents after they died. They might have been members of the Qun or it could have been her grandparents, Sere had never been super interested in her lineage and her parents had never been eager to speak to her about it. Thus she was Vashoth and knew nothing of the Qun even wearing its symbols simply because they looked cool.

Sere's confusion showed on her face making all this rather clear. The words sounded harsh and Sere guessed they weren't polite or kind words. " Listen buddy if you are going to try to insult me don't do it using some elf langue, i am sure i have heard far worse than whatever you called me" she said assuming she had been insulted by how harsh the language sounded and guessing it was some elf language because and elf spoke it. She was completely wrong, but well she only was fluent in one language and wouldn't know the difference between any two languages due to lack of interest.

spacepanda spacepanda

Charlotte Kayson

Charlotte was thankful for Helda and Nate for offering to share their horse with her. Horse riding had nothing on walking, but the time was so much shorter and for that she was thankful. She couldn’t imagine where all these darkspawn where coming from or ever having to fight them again. The devastation they bring was something Charlotte read in books and fantasy. Now here she was, going to face them again, with Wardens; the first line of defense against the blight. For a second Charlotte felt cold, fear paralyzing her system before she dismissed it refusing to believe the Wardens brought warnings of the end. Determined she riffled through her bag once again inventory just as important as any magic; it wouldn't due to be exhausted when people needed her help.

Charlotte waved her hand over Anya a small smile on her face as her magic flowed with practiced ease "thank you for all you have done"

Although she was already bouncing on the balls of her feet ready to dart off to where she would be needed most she noticed Anya's gaze shift prompting her to look as well. it had been a long time for her to stop fearing the templars of this place, thinking constantly that they would take her to the circle at the first sign of magic. Until she learned they never would, learned that the circle here was like nothing she had ever known allowing her knowledge that would most likely have only passed by her in myth. That, however, did not mean she had any real interaction with Qunari. Not that it would stop her from being insulted.

"That would not be an elven language, that is known only to the Dalish" she stated simply, not mentioning that it was something she would very much like to learn "Perhaps we can start again? I am Charlotte it is nice to meet you" this time her tone was more polite than lecturing but she didn't wait for a response eyes widening before looking to the other wardens "You aren't leaving right away for the horde are you?? You could gather information at the temple while I check with the healers, they may even have something to spare?" Charlotte wanted to go with them, truly, and most likely still would if they rejected her suggestion but she wanted desperately to check in as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back