• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Doomed to Damnation (Closed)

Sweet Sonata

Dance upon the winds of your wildest dreams
Cold, a bone wrenching cold that drew what little warmth was left in her. It was all she had known for so long, forever reliving the day of her defeat, the metallic taste of blood upon her lips, feeling as if what heart she had left ripped from her chest as her lifelong companion fell in a flash of black feathers and the unmistakable cry of death. The feeling drew her attention long enough for her own flesh to burn, her own demise not far behind. Or so she had assumed. It's a pity to just toss her aside. Too pretty to die in a shallow grave. Let her followers forget her,for what greater pain is known? Her capturers mused for what to her seemed like a lifetime, yet in all likelyhood was probably less than a few short moments. So a cold slow death was decided; let her powers, her life fade as she was forgotten from this world. Hair, as dark as a raven's wing spread underneath her, having long lost any sense of magic. She looked close enough to a human; yet there was something undecidedly otherworldy about her. It could be the black feathers that sprouted from her skin, forming some sort of armor, or the fact that from time to time heavily lashed eyes fluttered, brow furrowing ever so slightly. Alone and forgotten in the desolate cold she relived her own demise, and what had brought her to that point. Showing sympathy toward humans.

Attachments

• fallengoddess.jpg
    fallengoddess.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 4
Damn the cold, damn the chilling to the bones, damn the pain each step she takes resonates in her body, damn the winter and damn the exhaustion. Just another step, only one. And then another. Step by step she is coming closer. Closer to what is unknown to her but she is sure she is nearing something. Be it a shelter or a fall from the cliff. Storms weren´t supposed to be this strong in a spring. Or almost-spring but neverthless, this is insane! She would have screamed if the wind didn´t rip every word away from her lips. "Just one more step" She murmurs and pushes on.
Not able to see through the storm she navigates only by some foreign instinct. And suddenly her knees are no longer burried in a snow. She can feel the solid ground under her feet and the suprise written all over her face is unforgettable. Looking past her shoulder she sees the entrance to the cave. Several meters away. How did I get this far without noticing?
No time for brain wrecking. Let´s enjoy the miracle of being alive.
She thinks sarcastically and continues deeper into the cave. Hopefuly some warm can be found inside. It is almost as if she already felt it. Maybe even wood for starting the fire. She is sure that she can´t feel her feet and tips of her fingers now. It would be awful to die of hypothermia after survining this long. In her hood she is oblivious to strange symbols covering the walls of a cave. Ancient carvings damning anyone who shall enter this forbidden land. Too bad she can´t see them. Without the sight there is no power.
Without a light it is hard to see after several more steps but there is no way she is staying that close to the cold outside. Curiosity forces her further, forces her to leave the light of a day behind and venture into the dark.

Attachments

• Evaline.jpg
    Evaline.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The symbols were ones of sealing and ancient magic, becoming more common the deeper in the cave one went. Oddly enough, the air was..well it was almost too warm for what one would expect. The air was thick with moisture; the source becoming apparent after passing an old stalagmite that glittered with crystals, sending little slivers of lights dancing across what would become an open cavern. An underground waterfall could be heard not too distantly off, even as the pool of water came into sight. At this point there seemed to be an abundance of sygils, ones that may have been known by scholars, but unknown to common folk. Images faintly shimmered across the walls, the smooth movements of what had to be a drawing..moving? The image was one of a winged woman, weilding a sword as she charged, wings outspread, sword lifted to the sky in some sort of gesture toward a single dark bird. But that was absolutely insane. Perhaps too much cold was causing her to see things that weren't there. The image of a crescent moon emblazoned not only on her forehead, but mirrored in white on the dark birds chest. A second glance would leave just a plain drawing, faded from the years, almost burnt into the ancient stone. A small pile of what seemed to be offerings sat at the corner of a large stone structure, the top of it just hidden in the shadows, but they were no longer edible, and the fine clothing turned to ash at the slightest touch. Yet; if she looked up and climbed upon that stone ledge..one might find answers to this entire cavern.

Passing through the entrance thanks to the dumb luck, granted her free passage into the inner part of a cave. Symbols here no longer meant to keep everyone out and rather seal one particular being inside. As the air become warmer a smile arose on her frozen lips. They were blue in colour, barely sensitive and yet they turned upwards. It seemed that today there will be no more dying. She even managed to find a dry stick lying on a ground. With trembling but experienced fingers she created a torch and set it alight.
In the instant her chin almost hit the ground. The cavern was enormous which wouldn´t have been that fascinating. She saw many caves in her life after all but this one has a special charm to it. It probably has something to do with strange patterns covering the walls. Her restrained steps echoed through the dark stopping only after she found a mesmerizing drawing of a beautiful woman and a bird. Her hand arose in order to touch that strange shining moon but as soon as her eyelids fluttered shut the magic of a moment was gone and she was left there standing in front of an old painting with an outstretched hand. Her brows furrowed and she muttered under her breath. "Haluciations, that is exactly what I have been missing...not!" Yet the air stayed warm, which was somewhat puzzling. She glanced at the pile of something that once could have been a beautiful dress and delicious food. "Guess they forgot about you after all." She spoke softly to the woman on a wall and resumed her search. The cavern seemed to end here but the distat feeling that she must go on remained. She learned to believe in her gut feeling long time ago.
Looking up an idea formed itself in her mind. Not caring how stupid or dangerous it was, she put her hands on the stone and started climbing, holding the torch in her teeth. It wasn´t that hard after all, adreanaline fueling her movement. Finally standing on a ground she lifted the torch and squinted into the darkness. Her hood had fallen down on her shoulders and her long and thick winter coat folded around her.

The very first thing one could spot was the telltale glimmer of a sword, but once fully illuminated..the true reason for the cave was seen, most likely for the first time on centuries. Upon a bed of pitch black feathers lay what appeared to be a human, pale yet graceful hands loosely clasped over the sword. A pale, yet faintly troubled face could be seen, long lashes pitch black against almost bloodless cheeks, full lips pulled into a deep frown. The clothing that she did wear looked as if it had been stained with blood, copper stains covering the white gown, as if to mock her darker wings and prove she was not invincible. Long dark hair trailed off of the ledge, an odd enigma of shadows and reality...as if it were hard to see where one began and the other began. Of course the illusion was gone upon touch. The crescent moon upon her brow was paler than one would expect, perhaps as faded as the memory of who she actually was. She wasn't dead...the quick darting of eyes beneath eyelids and the slightly elevated, yet shallow breathing put that thought down immediately. Yet..she seemed as of she was lost within her own memories, for she gave no sign that she knew anyone was even there at all.

When she squeezed her eyes shut multiple times and yet the girl remainded there, lying on a bed, umoving, she gasped and let the torch fall to the ground. "I am sorry, I didn´t..." she stammered fastly before she realized the queerness of the whole situation. This was no ordinary traveler hiding in a cave. There is just no way she could have been living here. And she looks odd too almost like...The realization hit her like an invisible fist and she made a step back almost falling of the edge. ...like that painting down there. Pale face, long black hair. Oh my god! She even has that weird tatto on her forehead...wait a minute...are these...WINGS?! Not daring to venture further she stood here, debating with herself and not understanding a bit. Is this a dream? Am I dying somewhere in that storm and through this way my mind is just trying to calm me down? Well if yes, it sucks. I don´t feel relaxed at all..isn´t freezing to death supposed to be soothing?
With these thoughs in mind she involuntary stepped closer, torch leaving behind.

As if things could really get any weirder, there was the flutter of bird wings, a raven landing behind the newcomer. Probably had a nest in the cave somewhere. Yet when she stepped closer the raven quite literally turned into a wisp of smoke, not after tilting it's head questioning toward the newcomer. An echo of words felt more than heard. "Wake her...she is lost within her own memories. ...lost forever, gone.." They were choppy at best, like a child learning to speak for the first time. She still felt eyes upon her..but there was no real way of telling where, or what was watching her.

If she was to get scared easilly she would have screamed in shock. She did not however but her heart probably missed a beat. Or two. She stared in disbelief at a place where a few seconds ago stood a very real bird. Goosebumbs arose on her skin as the feeling of a distant voice crawled up her arms. How can one feel the sound? No...moment...how so that there is a sound? She turned around but failed to spot anyone else.
If this is really my last dream let´s at least do as it says. Maybe I will magically wake up a sleeping princess from her slumber and live happily ever after...as if! She chuckled and with a new confidence of a person that has nothing to loose she strode to the woman. Her strong hands gripped the black sheet under her and with one mighty pull she let the winged beauty hit the ground. "Wakey, wakey princess. The prince awaits her destined kiss." She mocked and pursed her lips. I hope my mind will stop playing tricks on me and let me die peacefuly!

The moment living hands came close to her, a hand tightened around the hilt of the blade. But then again she had no sense of where she was, so the less than graceful fall left her a flurry of black feathers, a few stray ones flying into the air as she hit the ground. Thankfully, it wasn't her face she landed on, but on her knees, hunched over and breathing deeply, the sword carefully concealed underneath the tent of her wings. It was a few quiet moments as she collected herself, before dark eyes looked upward at the one who had awoke her. A flash of gold in those dark eyes, no words spoken as she swiftly rose to her feet, ready to have that blade at the girls throat. Yet time had left her weak, wings trembling even as she held her stance. Be it at the girls throat or not, she wasn't backing down because of a little light-headedness. Her movements allowed the old silken dress to move, revealing the scars below. Torture? Or she just managed to fall into any sword swung in her general direction. Her voice was a raspy whisper, dripping with hatred and exaustion..the voice of someone who had seen much and somehow managed to live to tell about it. "Who the hell are you and what do you want with me? Haven't you done enough?"

She didn´t know if she should laugh or fall backwards and assume the same position as the winged woman had before. Somehow this delusion of her mind wasn´t ending but speeding forward. When the sharp looking blade took up a position near the delicate skin of her neck, even if it was clothed by a scarf, her heart started beating a lot faster. A sweat appeared on her skin and she gulped. Basic survival instincts work even in dreams I guess. The idea of death didn´t suddenly seem as appealing as it seemed moments before. Her hands shot up in surrender and impish smile showed up. "Is a simple kiss too much of ask for? Don´t worry about it m´lady we can skip this part even though I must admit you are about to miss something incredible." Fuck the manners. I am about to die anyway no point in hiding now.
"I am just someone who is dying in a blizzard right now. Question is...who are you? I don´t know you. I have never seen you before...well before entering this cave. What are you doing in my dream if not taking me to the best ride of my life?" She shot her a wink, still smiling as to hide her nervousness.

Those dark eyes practically smoldered with anger, taking a quick look around were she was. She didn't know this place. And she had no idea who this woman was before her and why she was talking about kisses. The blade slowly lowered, a hand going to rub her temples. "The idiocy of humans never ceases to amaze me. You seriously have no idea who I am? What I am? Do you really believe this is a dream?" It would explain why she felt like she would collapse under her own weight, and could no longer feel the fullness that her power had once been. What was left was a mere spark to what it once was. A scoff appeared on her face, rolling her eyes. Why did she even bother? She had seen animals more intelligent than some humans. Brushing past the girl that had awakened her, dark eyes took in the cave. "I am the Goddess, the only one who ever cared to protect humans from the wars of my own kind. But I guess I learned why no one protected your kind; humans seem adept at backstabbing those who protect them. I am known by many names. Morrigan, I believe is the most well known. Since you seem to think this is all some figment of your imagination; I will humor you." Sitting seemed the best at the moment, never had she felt this weakness. Pulling up one stained white sleeve, she drew the old blade across the inside of her arm. She needed this woman to believe her if she was to escape this cave, she needed the strength to go past the wards. Turning her arm over, dark red droplets steadily fell from her arm, marring the stone floor beneath her. Dark swirls of magic faintly rose from the droplets, igniting a few of the wards that lined the walls, one slowly erasing itself from the wall. But even that tiny bit cost her; those dark wings shivering as they folded down around her shoulders. Covering the wound with her other hand once she realized her mistake, the blade clattering loudly to the floor. Cursing beneath her breath in some strange language. "You are not dreaming, nor are you dying. But unless you help me, that may be my fate."

Last edited:
Her eyes narrowed, not liking a bit being insulted in her own dying fantasy. Who does this woman think she is? The answer came right after and she rolled her eyes at that presumption. "And I am the daughter of the Sun and Moon," she whispered sarcastically eyes never leaving the strange woman in front of her. I don´t remember having this kind of a fantasy. Meeting a bitch of Goddess, ruler of accusations. I can imagine spending my last minutes in a much comfortable way. Lost in thoughts she missed the glint of a blade and looked with wide eyes at the bleeding arm. The symbols were creepy and she didn´t like them. They shouldn´t mean anything and yet they seemed alive. You can´t eat symbols same as you can´t eat books or words written in them. She didn´t seem any purpose in long hours spend in a deep cave carving these sygils. The hint that they could be somewhat important unsettled her and she crossed her arms over her chest.

The strange spell of the moment was broken as a sword hit the ground, loud sound echoing through the cave.
"Oh dears Sun in the skies, help me. First, you cut yourself and then you beg for my help?" she almost shouted in disbelief. Rolling her she pulled a haversack from under her coat and set in on the ground near the strange woman. Pulling out the cotton bandages, that she always carried with her, she turned her head to a so-called goddess.
"Alright, Morrigan of Many Names." She mimicked the tone used in kings court for royalty. "Show me that horrible wound of yours and let me, oh simple and savage human, treat it." Sarcasm in her voice would have heard even a deaf.
With experienced fingers she started dressing the wound, swiftly covering it by a white bandage.
"Let´s just hope that that thousand years old-looking sword of yours was actually clean." Infection is the last thing she needs...oh who am I kidding here, this is not real.
As she was kneeling in front of Morrigan, exhaustion finally swept in. Adrenaline was wearing off and her fingers started to tremble. The cave was warm, but not warm enough to defrost her frozen toes. And she soon became very aware of their state, the numbness crawling up her legs and freaking her out even though she was convinced that this was just her last dream.
On shaking legs, she went a few steps back and took a dying torch from the ground. "You will probably want to sit somewhere else," she warned casually before dropping the torch on the wooden planks of a bed. "I am cold." As if it was justification for any action like this.

Last edited:
"I am not begging, I am asking nicely..because it won't be a shallow cut that ends me." She was incredibly angry, that much was apparent. Who or what it was aimed at was to be seen. "And I don't need you to play healer for me, time fades wounds. Your only wasting your resources." A heavy sigh escaped her lips, a shaken of the head. They were so frail...is that why she tried to protect them? She could hardly remember why she had made the choices she did; only that it ended in agony. But..she needed someone who actually believed the truth, she had to have at least a few followers left, or she would have just disappeared or have been driven mad. "I forget how fragile your kind are, you somehow managed to pull me out of that..state; I can at least make sure you don't die from something preventable." The way she switched from one extreme to the other was quite odd, as if at war with her own thoughts and memories. Scooting closer toward the woman and lifting one dark wing to scoop around her shoulders. "If I remember correctly wet clothes will kill you if you are already chilled. I can keep you warm enough until they dry." The feathers may have looked rough and hardened in some places, yet they were surprisingly soft and silky, quite similar to any bird of this world, if not for the darkness of them being so deep as to almost reflect other colors around her.

Last edited:
She just smirked at her anger, no longer caring for the presence of a sword somewhere near or the fact that the person before her had wings. This was getting ridiculous very quickly and she wondered for a moment if one was supposed to lose their mind when they were freezing to death.
"Quit the hero act, you can barely stand." She scolded her and continued taking care of a wound.
Puzzled look appeared on the face the moment a winged woman spoke her first kind words. "Make sure I don´t die...like with the tip of that sword of yours?" She replied but then hesitated. Let my right hand fall off if I am not curious about these wings but isn´t this a little too much? She pondered in her mind as the fire started to burn. The bed wasn´t the best fuel and will soon burn out, time to make a decision.
"When I meet others on the other side I will claim that this truly happened. Who can say that they cuddled with a winged Bird Goddess in front of a heated bed?" she stated with a toothy grin and pulled the coat from her shoulders. Without it was revealed short hunting bow stripped across her back and a quiver filled with arrows. Her high boots followed, then her dark brown trousers and green blouse. She set everything in a safe distance from the fire and seated herself under the offered wing. She wore only a long black t-shirt and underwear that was partly covered by the cloth of a t-shirt.
She put her feet immediately near the fire. Too close maybe as she did not feel them. There was almost no warm left in her body. Het toes were dark blue in colour same as her fingers and tip of her nose and ears. Her muscular legs and arms were decorated by a set of scars. Some clearly from an animal bite, others looked more like caused by a knife or arrow. On her neck was visible a thin horizontal scar, not fully recovered yet.

Those words obviously didn't sit right with her, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Hero act? No one is acting the hero. I am only acting like myself." Lifting her chin a bit in defiance. If only things were as black and white as that. At the mention of her sword, a shrug was given. "I did not know who or what was pulling me from myself, I assumed it was the ones that had placed me here. I have been given no reason to think otherwise. I'm not even sure where here is. The last thing I remember was a voice debating what to do with my body." Dark eyes drank in her surroundings, before falling to the woman beside her. "Other side? Hmph...and it isn't cuddling..its keeping you from dying so that I can get out of this place. Someone somewhere obviously hasn't forgotten who I am. I need them. If you are any testament to the humans now..it won't be easy. How many years has it been since the Gods waged war here?" She had no idea how long she had been in that state..yet she may get an inkling of time based on when they had decided to leave humanity alone.

"I am not a testament to anything. Especially not a proper lady or decent human. Otherwise, I would have been curled up in front of a comfy fireplace, pampered by an army of maids. Not here, freezing to death." She gestured by her right hand and sighed. Her voice no longer sounding as carefree as it did before. She just sounded tired. Be it from sheer exhaustion or something else.
"Silly, there was no war War of Gods, all Gods simply left us a long time ago, my grandmother told me about it one day. No one else is willing to talk about gods nowadays. There is no need. We don´t need them, they were useless after all..." Her voice slowly drifted away as if she was repeating some old phrase rather than speaking her mind. Her eyelids fluttered and shut. It took her about ten seconds before she opened them again only to quint her eyes at the flickering flames.

"Then why bother coming out here to freeze to death? A bit counter productive." The look of sheer anger that was shot the girls way was surprisingly hostile. It took everything in her power not to just walk away. Her life had amounted to nothing. Her own sacrifice lost to time. "If you didn't need us..you would be dead right now. If you..you humans didn't need my help then why did I suffer for your arrogance?" Her words dripped with sarcasm..even with hate. Turning away from the girl with a huff. Once bitten..twice shy. And here she was..again playing the part of the fool. "Sleep, I won't slit your throat while you rest. I at least still have some honor remaining." A slender hand drifting up to the crescent moon on her brow. Her last words were a mere whisper. "They would have destroyed your kind if you had been left to fight for yourself..." Did she still have the strength to show her in her dreams? To let her see what others had forgotten. Even if she had to manipulate the girl she would..although the thought left a bad taste in her mouth. If it got her back some of her strength..it was worth it.

She didn´t respond to her sneaky remark. Sometimes it seemed that her whole life was one big counter productiveness.
She was blind to the anger shining in the dark eyes. However, the tone of Morrigans voice was clear as a day and even though she didn´t understand what is that winged beauty talking about, she felt a cold chill travel down her spine. Her voice carried a great importance that she was not able to fully comprehend. Her mind was detaching itself from the body and she started dozing off. "We are not...we...you know?" She mumbled quietly her head falling to her chest.
Her brain silently recording whispered words finally shut off and let her fall asleep. She literally fell to the side, collapsing on the Morrigans shoulder, a single content sigh escaping her lips.
Tips of her toes started to redden from the heat of fire and rest of the body was slightly trembling as the numbness disappeared and feeling came back.

She was a bit puzzled by the girls words, shaking her head softly. Once she saw some colour return to her body, she drew her wing back, only to have the girl fall asleep on her shoulder. It was too tempting for her to manipulate the girl's dreams..pressing two fingers to the girls head, a faint trail of black disappearing into thin air. "Remember what has been forgotten little one, your ancestors do you harm by hiding the past. History is doomed to repeat its mistakes if they are forgotten." The girl found herself a bystander, looking at what seemed to be a smaller..childlike version of Morrigan; black wings tufted here and there with grey fluff. A hand lifted the girls chin upward, revealing silver tears falling from the girls eyes. "They will be destroyed if we take their home. For once can we please just stop fighting? Please?" A deep voice answered her even as a thumb wiped a tear away. "I do this for you little one..they are simple creatures, not worth these tears. Nothing is worth your tears Morrigan. You are the moon, the stars; you will have entire worlds give everything for a glimpse of your face." The world seemed to shift forward, to where the youngling had grown from a feeble girl to a proud and lovely young woman. Long dark hair floated around her, cloaking her in a cape of darkness slowly forming into wings. Chin held high, she strode forward with heavy steps, that glittering sword unsheathed with ease. "I won't ignore their prayers any longer, I cannot escape the sea of tears they have cried in my name." Thrusting her free hand toward the sky,a huge raven forming from her fingertips only to caw loudly. A cheeky grin crossing over her lips. "Do not fret my children, your prayers will give me the strength I need to end this." Once again the vision faded to a battlefield, outstretched wings glittering in the rain. Behind her was a huge army, mixed of many races from humans to even a couple minor gods and goddesses. The horse beneath her danced in anticipation of the battle to come. There were short cuts of many battles, pausing at one last one where a cloaked figure drove a dagger between her shoulder blades. "You are not a goddess of mercy, but a goddess of death!" Everything went black at that point, sunlight creeping slowly into a room where those once glorious wings fell limply around her seated figure. The only thing that shielded her bare form from view being those wings, numerous cuts marring once flawless skin, some fresh while others healed. A slight shift revealed that one wing had nearly been ripped from her back, bones most likely broken in the process. A chain shining with runes and spells held her captive, the iron heavy around her ankles. "Your fate has been cast, you who would forsake your own kind for these filthy creatures shall live among them. You shall never be welcomed among your own kind. May they take mercy on you." A wave of the same hand that had once wiped tears from her cheek dissolved the chain, yet she remained where she was, broken and lost.

Last edited:
Eyes moving rapidly behind her eyelids suggested that she did not dream peacefully. It was not like she could, after all, being forced to relive someone else´s worst nightmares shall never be a pleasant experience. Otherwise, she remained unmoving and silent, trapped in her own mind by ancient magic. Fear, despair, hatred, regret, even the glory and rush of power felt as if they were her own, that vivid were those memories stored in the mind of Goddess. She saw them all, written in the woman´s face, radiating from her and enveloping the scene around her.
Only when flashes stopped, she woke up. Well, more like darted out of her sleep, falling back with a loud thud. Her hands frantically searching for a nonexistent wound on her back, her eyes wild and panicking. While on the ground, she backed several feet away from the raven-haired woman, that claimed to be a Goddess. When her hand came back from her behind, she held a dagger positioned in the direction of Morrigan. Her breath was coming out in short gasps and cold sweat glistered on her skin. "What....are you?" she rasped, voice filled with distrust, her gaze following her every move.
Nothing was making sense anymore, could it be the truth? Was she in the presence of some ancient Goddess? Gods were supposed to exist no longer, so how? "What did you do to me?" She searched her surrounding but found nothing odd. She was still here, in a cave, near the makeshift fire and more importantly, in one piece.
Her mind was desperately trying to sort out foreign memories that were now present in her mind. It was no doubt that those vivid illusions were her doing, a chance of coincidence in this matter was far too small. Magic. That was the only explanation and the one she didn´t like in the slightest.

Morrigan watched her with dark eyes, not moving at all. It would only spook her. "I showed you what your people would have you forget. And I am who I am. In these days I suppose I am just a myth to most. I didn't mean to startle you so badly. Simply show you the truth of what actually happened, why the gods decided there was no more sport here and left you, and most of your kind intact." What would she do at this point? There was really no telling with humans. "That is why the seals are on the cave, why I cannot pass beyond them. Whoever placed me here knew what they were doing. I haven't lied to you from the moment you woke me. My power comes from my followers, and time has done a terrible thing to that." She simply folded her wings around her shoulders, those eyes trying to read her..but humans were difficult for her to read, they changed so quickly she could never really keep up.

Sensing no immediate danger, she lowered her weapon a little and took a few calming breaths. Her thoughts finally began to settle down and the reality sank in. This is real! Or at least real in my dying dream, but would it be even possible? I am still cold but not freezing to death anymore. Shouldn´t I know if I am awake or dreaming? I feel awake enough now but is it real? Gods? Epic wars? Powers?
"Okay..." she held her hand up ..."Okay, let´s pretend for a moment that you are telling the truth." Another deep breath. "Why me? What do you even want? My life is shit enough even without powerful gods and winged version of Sleeping Beauty in it." She gave a trembling laugh and ran her hand through her blonde hair.

She couldn't help the look of annoyance on her face, a brow lifting. She had to remember that the girl likely had no idea such things existed at all. "If I had any inkling why you were the one who managed to wander here in the middle of nowhere and somehow were able to bypass the wards and pull me out of my own memories...I would tell you. Unfortunately, I have no idea who or what decided you would be the one, but they obviously chose you. Consider how long it has been, and how many people have come and gone by this cave without entering. Let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say they tried to get in here and couldn't. Yet you wandered in here like it was nothing. I want to know why that is." A shrug of her shoulders given, looking once again to the glowing symbols. "In general? I want to regain what was ripped away from me. And to rain down fury upon those who reduced me to a mere shadow of myself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back