• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Dōki no Sakura: A Tragic Yuri Roleplay Set In Wartime Japan [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Amazake

Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to the OOC thread for Dōki no Sakura: A Tragic Yuri Roleplay Set in Wartime Japan.
This thread will be used as a chat and discussion platform for anything related to the RP.

Right! I'm also glad you guys are taking some interest in it.

On a second note, Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy , how do you get multiple 4s in your stats? I think there might be some misconception with the instruction. Can you show me the initial result of the rolls?

Right! I'm also glad you guys are taking some interest in it.

On a second note, Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy , how do you get multiple 4s in your stats? I think there might be some misconception with the instruction. Can you show me the initial result of the rolls?

Of course, I'm also not too sure how I got multiple 4s in my rolls but here is my results:

Screenshot 2024-05-11 233258.png

Of course, I'm also not too sure how I got multiple 4s in my rolls but here is my results:
Okay, so you get multiple 4s. You can't have matching results, and because you can't increase the value beyond 4, you need to decrease it into 3. That means your result would be 4,2,3.
Now you need to add 1 to each of the results; this addition overwrite the previous rule about how you can't have value beyond 4.

So the final value for your character stats would be 5,3,4
You can then assign them to whichever stats you like.

Okay, so you get multiple 4s. You can't have matching results, and because you can't increase the value beyond 4, you need to decrease it into 3. That means your result would be 4,2,3.
Now you need to add 1 to each of the results; this addition overwrite the previous rule about how you can't have value beyond 4.

So the final value for your character stats would be 5,3,4
You can then assign them to whichever stats you like.

Alright, gotcha.

For those who haven't filled out their character sheet yet, I believe you can roll the dice directly here. Just post a reply and click edit, there'll be a button to roll dice.

8114d1b851f5eba230feb10578c554cd.gif

Okay, today I spent quite some time looking over both Meehrwillow Meehrwillow 's and Evie Maiden Of Apples Evie Maiden Of Apples 's character sheets. It was great; I was able to plan something interesting around it. There are no issues with Meehrwillow's character. However, there might be something that I want to confirm with Evie.

First, I tried looking up the surname Subaru on multiple sites but simply couldn't find it. All I learned was that Subaru is a female given name. So it couldn't be a surname. Tsubaru, on the other hand, does exist. But of course, I might be wrong; perhaps you were combining certain kanji with unusual reading to make up the name, which is definitely a possibility, so please do clarify it with me on this matter.

Second, in Ui's sheet, you mentioned that her mother was pregnant with her sister. However, I tried looking at prenatal sex discernment method and couldn't find cases of it except after the war. Of course, if you want this baby to be Ui's sister, that's alright, but, diegetically speaking, no one should know the gender of the baby until it is born.

Third, it was about the picture you used as the character FC. I was a little bit conflicted with the use of AI drawing; I was expecting everyone to use art made by actual artists, which is why I included the image source button on the sheet. If you want to use a picture of a girl with long black hair wearing a school uniform and playing the piano, I know a good one you could use.

And lastly, I also spend a good deal of time trying to find a reasonable position for Ui's father that doesn't conflict with real history too much since he was of considerable rank, and thank goodness (should I be saying that?) there are some officers who simply couldn't be identified; there are record of them existing, but little is known about them, which make them perfect to slot Ui's father in.

Usually it's something that I would like to explore within RP but since it is something that is happening before RP starts, I'm going to lay it out here for you:

Also, it is assumed that Ui's family lives in Ibaraki, Osaka, where Ui was born.

Ui's father was a man who was rather secretive about his job; he never talked too much about it to his wife or daughter. Perhaps he doesn't want to make them worry, but only he knows the real reason. few months before the war started in December 1941, he said his farewell to his wife and daughter just like any other day, so Ui's mother probably thought that he was just going to his office at Maizuru Naval Base in the neighboring Kyoto prefecture. However, that was the last time Ui and her mother saw him before the war.

Days and months passed, and the war finally started. There was great celebration; the streets were decorated by both the Hinomaru and the Kyokujitsu-ki, and there seemed to be a parade going on pretty much every day. Ui and her mother, on the other hand, could only wonder, where did their father and husband go? Ui's mother probably tried phoning the base but was refused the information since that was military secret. Before long, living without him around became normal.

A whole year passed; the radio celebrated the first anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, and even more celebration was held outside, for the Imperial Army and Navy were unstoppable. The government boasted that the empire now stretches all the way from northern China in the northwest to the southern islands of the Pacific in the southeast. Soon, the snow fell on Christmas Eve. Ui was helping her mother prepare dinner when someone knocked on their door. Ui's mother opened the door and couldn't believe what she saw. The man's navy blue service uniform was all white from all the snow that fell on him while he made his way there. Ui's mother couldn't keep her emotions from overflowing, and soon she lunged herself at the man, hugging him with all her might as tears flowed down her cheeks. The man was none other than her husband.

Ui's mother offered him a bath to chase away the cold, but he refused; instead, he wanted to join them in dining together. Ui and her mother perhaps had a lot to ask about him, but knowing the man, he probably won't tell much. Perhaps not wanting to spoil the mood, they all ate in silence. Once they all finished eating and Ui was trying to collect the dirty dishes, it was then that Ui's father broke the silence. "I have been all over the place." He opens it with that line, and he then continues to tell where he has been ever since he left the two of them. He was so excited that he forgot that places such as Cam Ranh Bay, Makassar, Bandjarmasin, and Truk were too obscure for the average civilian to know their whereabouts. He talked of bustling markets busier than he had ever seen in Japan, tranquil beaches without any waves, white sands, and water as clear as glass. Needless to say, he was a changed man.

Ui's father held the hand of his wife, who was clearly dumbfounded to see her unusually talkative husband. "There's no need to worry anymore," he said, explaining that he was promoted to the rank of captain just two months prior, in October, and now he was in command of his own ship, and this ship was special, for it was a hospital ship, captured from the Dutch when the Imperial Navy and Army liberated Indonesia. He further explained that he was now protected by international law while on board that ship, so no enemy would attack him while at sea.

Ui's father spends quite some time at home because his new command was under refit in a drydock at Yokohama. He occasionally made a trip to Maizuru, but always made sure to come back home or at least make a call when he really couldn't make it. It was around mid-April 1943 when he said to both his wife and daughter that he wouldn't be home again for awhile.

In mid-June, he came back home, but only for a few days. This was most likely when he got his wife pregnant with a second child.

From then on, he called home multiple times from August to early December. He was clearly in Japan when doing so but couldn't make it home, either because he was far away or because he only had a very short time to go onshore. Of course, he never said exactly where his whereabouts are since those are confidential information. He disappeared without news again throughout January and February.

On March 16, 1944, he called home, saying that he would arrive in Osaka the next day. It was night when his train arrived at the station where Ui and her mother were waiting for him. Spring was approaching, but it was still cold outside. Thankfully, there were still some taxis parked around the station. Ui's father chuckled at himself for the fact that, before the war, he would probably just drag both his wife and kid home walking rather than paying the exorbitant rate of the taxi fare, but now it was a luxury he could afford. Besides, his wife was already in her ninth month of pregnancy.

When the order came for Ui to evacuate to Gunma, her father couldn't accompany her on the train ride there, as he needed to be by his wife's side when the time came for her to give birth to their second child. So, at the time Ui was on her first few days in Yurigaoka, her father was currently at home with her mother.

Right, I was missing one more issue I saw in Evie Maiden Of Apples Evie Maiden Of Apples 's sheet. In the relationship tab, the father's description was "He is currently serving in the army's Naval forces as a Kaigun daisa (Captain)." You could choose to either delete the "army's" part or replace it with Imperial.

And of course, you could also retcon a few things from what I had previously written, especially around Ui's interaction with her father. However, the time when her father was around and not around was a hard fact that I imposed on this RP world, so no retconning that.

For other players who have submitted their sheets, thank you. I wish for your patience since there are some people who have also expressed interest but haven't yet submitted their sheets. I also had a friend coming over from Discord; just a few hours prior, she notified me that she already had her account verified, so it wouldn't be long for her to submit her character sheet.

That's a lot of planning,I suppose it's good to have an outline.

With that said,I assume that some anachronism will be acceptable in the story? Like,if Tsuki reads a book that isn't supposed to exist for another decade or so that's fine? Nothing after the 60s,probably.

I'm afraid I wouldn't allow that... :(
The anachronism I mentioned in the interest check thread was for unintentional anachronism. Simply a mistake of not knowing better. So, making a character read a book that was yet to exist counts as intentional anachronism, which I won't allow.

Right, I was missing one more issue I saw in Evie Maiden Of Apples Evie Maiden Of Apples 's sheet. In the relationship tab, the father's description was "He is currently serving in the army's Naval forces as a Kaigun daisa (Captain)." You could choose to either delete the "army's" part or replace it with Imperial.

And of course, you could also retcon a few things from what I had previously written, especially around Ui's interaction with her father. However, the time when her father was around and not around was a hard fact that I imposed on this RP world, so no retconning that.

For other players who have submitted their sheets, thank you. I wish for your patience since there are some people who have also expressed interest but haven't yet submitted their sheets. I also had a friend coming over from Discord; just a few hours prior, she notified me that she already had her account verified, so it wouldn't be long for her to submit her character sheet.
Thank you for your feedback!

I didn't realize that was A.I art I used, I apologize for that. If you have similar art I'd love to use it if it's okay.

I'll be sure to make appropriate tweaks to my sheet regarding Ui's father and I do enjoy what you've written, that's great.

I didn't realize that was A.I art I used, I apologize for that. If you have similar art I'd love to use it if it's okay.
I personally think this is great. It's from one of my favorite visual novel (FLOWERS). I could also help you with editing and hosting it if you like.

[Innocent Grey] FLOWERS 初回限定版 - v1_ [Innocent Grey] FLOWERS 初回限定版 - 860.jpg

I'll be sure to make appropriate tweaks to my sheet regarding Ui's father
Also please do clarify it with me regarding the Subaru surname, are you still going to use it, or are you going to make adjustments to it?

I personally think this is great. It's from one of my favorite visual novel (FLOWERS). I could also help you with editing and hosting it if you like.

View attachment 1162248

Also please do clarify it with me regarding the Subaru surname, are you still going to use it, or are you going to make adjustments to it?
I'll change the last name to Tsubaru. And I would love the help in editing and hosting that lovely picture, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back