• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Do you wanna be my partner?

Tommyrot

Magic Eight Ball
Hello RPN!
It's nice to meet you all. So, I'm looking for a partner or two, maybe more.

Anyway there are a few things I'd like to get out of the way before moving onto the plots and pairings.

1. This is supposed to be fun for both of us.
2. Real life comes first, I can't reply everyday but you'll get at least one reply a week. (Probably more).
3. I can write 3-7 paragraphs, they aren't going to be perfect in terms of grammar but I'll do my best proofread before I send my posts your way. It would be cool if you could so the same.
4. Be honest with me if you want to stop Rping with me that's okay just let me know, have an idea please share it, this is a collaboration so please talk to me. I'll do the same!
5. Have fun.
Side note: I write in third person it's just what I'm comfortable with.
If you are still with me thank you and, you are awesome!

On to the plots!

1. My Neighbor is an Assassin

Muse A knew there was something off about their neighbor Muse B. Despite everyone else in the neighborhood thinking Muse B was just your average citizen. It consumed Muse A, their gut telling them not to trust their neighbor. Paranoid that's what everyone said and Muse B didn't really mind nor seem to pay attention to to the wild accusations Muse A put out there.

One day though Muse B shows up on Muse A's deck covered in blood and hurt. Most of the blood belongs to someone other than Muse B, who forces their way into Muse A's home. Muse B is pissed because apparently their crazy neighbor blew their cover, they weren't normal far from it. They worked as an assassin and Muse A had made enough of a stink to draw a rivial of Muse B's out. Now Muse B needs to either find a new place to call home or convince Muse A that while yes they do kill people they aren't all that bad. So will Muse A become a victim or help their neighbor out, or shout from the roof that they were right?

2. Let's get Married, but its just Business

Muse A worked hard, too hard. They had become a workaholic, but that was so they could take over the family business. They eat, sleep, and work, what else is there? Muse A's parents are concerned about the lack of a life their child is having, no fun, not many friends left, ect. Which is why they have come up with something that might help, Muse A realize there is more to life than work. Namely they can't take over the company until they get married.

Simple enough, though Muse A has no interest in marriage, work that's all they want to do. This new condition is standing between them and their goal so they decided to handle it like a business deal. Namely get in contact with Muse B someone they met in college who didn't have their life together. They were friends in college, and with the help of a private investigator, it seems Muse B still isn't living up to their potential. So the offer is made marry me for say four years then we get divorced and you will be able to do whatever you'd like. That and just think what doors will open for you, if you marry me. If you don't well then I guess I'll just have to make your live even harder than it already is.

(I have more that I'll add later. )
3. Best Friends Forever, or Not

Muse A and B grew up in the same small town, they were best friends since the first day of Kindergarten. They did just about everything together right up until their senior year of high school. That was when depending on who you ask, Muse B caught Muse A in a scandalous situation. Or when Muse B just stopped associated with Muse A, honestly the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But regardless neither was willing to listen to the other and their friendship came to an end.

Muse A has since moved away, lives in a big city, has a well paying job, and is moving up the corporate ladder. Muse B got their teaching degree and is now a teacher at the elementary school they attended. Muse B likes the calm, and peaceful life they have.

The two haven't been in contact since their falling out. Now though it's time for their ten year high school reunion, both are going to attend. Will they finally put their differences aside, or are they two very different people than they were in high school?

4. Vegas Sucks

Muse A had been having a lousy year, they got passed over for yet another promotion at work, ever since they were dumped 18 months ago they haven't dated anyone else, and now they were going to be attending their younger siblings wedding. Which just meant having to explain they still had the same job, were single, and nothing seemed to be going right. Some of Muse A's friends suggest they go to Vegas to blow off some steam, and give Muse A a break from everything before the wedding. Muse A reluctantly agreed but soon finds they are having a good time.

Unfortunately near the end of the trip Muse A meets Muse B, ten years their junior. They met at a bar and after a few drinks Muse A starts venting to Muse B about the last year of their life. Muse B listens and is actually rather understanding. Muse A apologizes for bothering Muse B with all their problems, Muse B just smiles and says that sometimes it's easier to vent to a stranger. They were having fun and would like to continue to get to know Muse A better. Muse A doesn't see the harm in it until they discover Muse B is a con artist. Thankfully they go back home soon after and forget about Muse B.

But then one day Muse B shows up at Muse A's work claiming that they have fallen for Muse A and want them back. Worst still Muse B won't leave until Muse A gives them a chance. It seems like Muse A's life has just gotten even more complicated and might be bringing a criminal to their sibling's wedding.
*If I think of more I will add more.

Pairings/ basic ideas
Arranged Marriage
Criminal x Criminal
Criminal x Detective
Ex x Ex
Comedy of Errors
Soldier x Civilian
Unexpected Pregnancy
(I'll add more later, it's late here and I need sleep.)

Last edited:
Hello RPN!
It's nice to meet you all. So, I'm looking for a partner or two, maybe more.

Anyway there are a few things I'd like to get out of the way before moving onto the plots and pairings.

1. This is supposed to be fun for both of us.
2. Real life comes first, I can't reply everyday but you'll get at least one reply a week. (Probably more).
3. I can write 3-7 paragraphs, they aren't going to be perfect in terms of grammar but I'll do my best proofread before I send my posts your way. It would be cool if you could so the same.
4. Be honest with me if you want to stop Rping with me that's okay just let me know, have an idea please share it, this is a collaboration so please talk to me. I'll do the same!
5. Have fun.
Side note: I write in third person it's just what I'm comfortable with.
If you are still with me thank you and, you are awesome!

On to the plots!

1. My Neighbor is an Assassin

Muse A knew there was something off about their neighbor Muse B. Despite everyone else in the neighborhood thinking Muse B was just your average citizen. It consumed Muse A, their gut telling them not to trust their neighbor. Paranoid that's what everyone said and Muse B didn't really mind nor seem to pay attention to to the wild accusations Muse A put out there.

One day though Muse B shows up on Muse A's deck covered in blood and hurt. Most of the blood belongs to someone other than Muse B, who forces their way into Muse A's home. Muse B is pissed because apparently their crazy neighbor blew their cover, they weren't normal far from it. They worked as an assassin and Muse A had made enough of a stink to draw a rivial of Muse B's out. Now Muse B needs to either find a new place to call home or convince Muse A that while yes they do kill people they aren't all that bad. So will Muse A become a victim or help their neighbor out, or shout from the roof that they were right?

2. Let's get Married, but its just Business

Muse A worked hard, too hard. They had become a workaholic, but that was so they could take over the family business. They eat, sleep, and work, what else is there? Muse A's parents are concerned about the lack of a life their child is having, no fun, not many friends left, ect. Which is why they have come up with something that might help, Muse A realize there is more to life than work. Namely they can't take over the company until they get married.

Simple enough, though Muse A has no interest in marriage, work that's all they want to do. This new condition is standing between them and their goal so they decided to handle it like a business deal. Namely get in contact with Muse B someone they met in college who didn't have their life together. They were friends in college, and with the help of a private investigator, it seems Muse B still isn't living up to their potential. So the offer is made marry me for say four years then we get divorced and you will be able to do whatever you'd like. That and just think what doors will open for you, if you marry me. If you don't well then I guess I'll just have to make your live even harder than it already is.

(I have more that I'll add later. )

Pairings
Arranged marriage
Criminal x Criminal
Criminal x Detective
Ex x Ex
Comedy of Errors
(I'll add more later, it's late here and I need sleep.)

Huh. My Neighbor is an Assassin sounds interesting. May I message you?

I personally like the 'lets get married, its just buisness' one, my post lengths are pretty short just so you know though im pretty sure I can try and lengthen it out if I must

Lcalhoun Lcalhoun , thank you for your interest, and yes please message me!

Aneea_Luna01 Aneea_Luna01 I would be happy to do that with you as well, after all the story will be entirely different.

xXSunnyXx xXSunnyXx That should be alright, I just need more than a paragraph. And if our characters are talking I don't expect 5 paragraphs. I'm willing to give it a go if you are.

Oh and I did add a couple of things so you know feel free to browse and whatnot. :)

#3 works for me, if it’s still open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back