Advice/Help Do you prefer RP'ing 'OC's' or pre-existing characters?

i don't like a specific type, ocs and ccs are fine for me, however i think i do like ocs a bit more, as you get to basically create a character, flesh it out, etc, and it seems fun. but, idm either way.

If I'm doing a fandom rp, I usually rp canon characters there. Unless it's AU or some sort of 'inspired by' a fandom that doesn't exactly follow the canon.
In non-fandom rp I play original characters, occasionally I may base some of the on fandom characters, but even if I do I try to not make them too similar.

I like OCs, but I make them to fit storylines. Sometimes a partner will suggest a vague idea of the character they want to rp with and I can take it from there, and vice versa.

I only like playing my own OC's or playing inside fandoms were I get to take a lot of liberties with the character's personality. I've always been that way. I think playing a premade character feels a bit too constraining since then I'm completely bound by someone else's rules when reacting to situations. But also, I love exploring my own OCs personalities and watching their character growth throughout a story.

OCs by far.

I created them so therefore I feel a stronger connection to playing them as such. I don't think I could ever do a pre existing character that someone had created (ex. Batman, Izuku Midorya, etc) justice. I wouldn't feel right roleplaying as them anyway especially when it comes to romance RPs. But that's just me and to each of their own.

when playing in tabletop systems, I'll usually make my own; for freeform, I'm about 50 / 50 split between my own and pre-made. Depends on if I can come up with an idea for a character I think is strong enough to stand on its own. Most of the time, it's easier for me to enter the mindset of a pre-made character since I already have examples of behavior. The more stuff they've been in, the easier it'll be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back