Experiences Do you feel your RP style changes depending on your partner or roleplay?

Does your writing change based off your partner or roleplay?

• Yes, based off partner

• Yes, based off roleplay

• Yes, based off both

• No, I keep it consistent

Results are only viewable after voting.

FoldedPages

ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
So, I have quite a few roleplays going on at the moment and I realized that my writing style changes drastically depending on my partner. Sometimes I'm inspired to write more or to write more detailed or to keep it more simple, etc etc.

Does your writing change from partner to partner or do you keep it consistent no matter who you are roleplaying with despite how they write or how much they write?

Is there a reason you do or don't change it?

I honestly don't know why my writing can change so fluidly.

Hmmm... I think my style may change slightly based on partner I write with and rp itself. Like matching post length - sometimes we deliberately make them long or short.
But overall I don't think it changes much from rp to rp. Generally, it is rather consistent.
And my long-term rp partners tend to have similar style anyway, so it's easy to keep up. Probably that's why they're long-term XD it's hard to keep rp with someone who doesn't match your writing style at all.

It's a team effort. While there needs to be a degree of compatibility to start with, of course I'm going to make some adjustments.

Not particularly, my writing style is overall pretty consistent. Sure, like I'm sure just about everyone else does, the roleplay and partner have a slight impact on what I do, but honestly never much. I know what I like, I make it pretty clear from the onset, if my partner can't keep up with me I'll either have us go separate ways (in 1x1s) or I'll try to interact with someone else/just do my own thing (in group roleplays).

There are cases where there is a bigger change of style though. The first and most common one is that I adapt my style to fit the character somewhat. This impacts less external/meta aspects like size, and impacts instead more internal aspects of the post like vocabulary choice, ratio of actions, dialogue and internal thoughts, and so on.

The other case is if I happen to RP outside of RPN, I tend to adapt to whatever the style is there. That said, other than occasional discord banter-turned-minirolepaly , I just don't have fun with roleplays too outside my style which among other reasons means that this adaptability is limited. Still, in this other site I RP on I do find that my posts tend to be somewhat smaller there and it's entirely based on OCs that you use for every roleplay.

I should have not voted because now that I'm thinking about it my answer has changed. For about 98% of the time no, my writing does not change regardless of who I write with however that 2% is reserved for the fact if I'm consistent in my writing which is descriptions, character thoughts, multiple paragraphs, etc and my partner goes the way of a couple of sentences or a paragraph I will do the same as them only because I'm not writing up a two thousand word post to get less than that in return.

Not really, I write pretty consistently in all of my roleplays. My post length might shorten slightly if I'm just plain not given anything to respond to but I usually only let that happen once before I speak up and ask for more information to respond to.

I have noticed my style changing between partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back