• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ⟿ do you believe in magic? [Team Fortress 2]

shiveringisles

annoying mage sidekick
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
what has nine heads, an assortment of deadly weapons that encompasses anything from a rocket launcher to a wrench, and is RED and/or BLU all over? if you guessed my uncle's wedding, you'd be half-right. but the correct and more roleplay-able answer is, of course, a typical team of everyone's favourite batshit mercenaries. as the title states, i'm seeking a 1x1 roleplay based on Team Fortress 2, since it's been a huge interest of mine.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ meet the writer
🌠 i'm a man of many names. you can call me Emile though.
🌠 18+ writer. i've pretty much been writing since i was a wee bab. i used to roleplay on various forum sites and online games when i was, like, 10 but i only really started roleplaying in a literate manner at some point in my teens.
🌠 UTC/GMT timezone.
🌠 lgbt+ friendly. hell, i'm lgbt+ myself.
🌠 not super active. i work, attend uni, partake in a few hobbies, and have the internal battery of a cheap toy car. however, i'm not much of a ghoster, so you'll absolutely hear from me when i'm ready and available.
🌠 multi-para is my comfort zone, but i can muster anything between a short paragraph to a novella response depending on both the scene at hand and your preferred length.
🌠 3rd person, lit, past tense.
🌠 i'm willing to play more than one character, and i'm willing to play ocs and canon characters. speaking of canon characters...
🌠 i can play any of the nine mercs, along with Miss Pauling, Merasmus, Zhanna, the Administrator, and Saxton Hale if required. secondopinion!Medic would also be cool. as of right now, i'm looking forward to playing Scout, Engi, and Spy the most.
🌠 headcanon-friendly. au-friendly too!
🌠 anything from light-hearted silliness to gritty angst flies.
🌠 long-term roleplayer.
🌠 if romantic/platonic bonds are what you're looking for, then i'll say that i'm mostly looking for oc x cc and oc x oc. i can be persuaded to do cc x cc, depending on the ship and anything we come up with, but it's not on my radar atm.
🌠 ooc friendly! i'm a bit of an awkward guy, i'll admit, but i've no qualms with a bit of ooc friendliness. making jokes, playlists, memes, moodboards, or even art - all good with me!
🌠 not much of a discord guy, sorry. i'd prefer to stay here, if possible.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ requirements
🌠 let me know your requirements first and foremost. have any triggers you'd like to avoid? alright, let's not do something that bothers you. not much of a multi-para person? neat, let me know what length you prefer instead. have a specific deadline you want me to respond by? i'll see if i can make some time to get something out to you. need a sample? i'll get one out to you asap.
🌠 18+ also. i also request that all characters be over the age of 18... though i doubt you'll find a lot of kids on the battlefield.
🌠 ideally 3rd person and lit too. write in whatever tense you prefer, i just ask that you keep it consistent.
🌠 not an asterisks and one-liner-only kind of roleplayer.
🌠 legible writer. grammar slipups are 100% fine and dandy w/ me (everybody makes them!) and you won't get called out by me for it. all i ask is that sentences make sense, dialogue is properly marked as such, and there are paragraph breaks. i'll hold myself to this standard too.
🌠 comply w/ the site's TOS. i'm not trying to get banned and, i imagine, neither are you.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ doubling?
🌠 doubling-friendly on the basis that it accompanies a plot of some kind, preferably one that intermingles our pairings, whether they're platonic or romantic. as i stated, i have no qualms with portraying canon characters so i don't mind.
🌠 but it's not a hard requirement, merely an option for those who want it.
🌠 that being said, i have a high-muse oc in mind i'm looking to play against Medic so, if you're keen in hearing about the surly Chemist, let me know! another oc i have in mind is waiting to be paired up with Scout or Miss Pauling. i have other ocs i'd also like to talk about if you're interested, and i'd love to hear about yours.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ ideas
i must confess, this post is more of a springboard to start things off w/ other tf2 roleplayers (since we're pretty rare lmao) and i have no hyper-specific ideas thus far, but that doesn't mean i'm just throwing things into the void. i'll be continually updating this over time when inspiration strikes. everything here can be changed, rearranged, and frankensteined together as we plot.
🌠 some good ol' red/blu angst. war is hell, doubly so when someone you care about is on the other side, under your fire.
🌠 an overwatch crossover. asking for a momentary ceasefire between two fandoms who can never seem to find peace lmao. i'd like to focus to be more on the mercs/anyone crossing over from the tf2 side. since this is also a verse i'm familiar with, i'd have no qualms with playing any of the overwatch ccs though, to reiterate, they probably won't be the main focus unless the plot calls for it. one little idea i've had is of Junker Queen inheriting Mann. Co. after beating Saxton Hale in a duel, and the mercs effectively becoming citizens of Junkertown... sort of.
🌠 some mvm silliness. whether it's an indepth look into alienation and the hollow promises of capital or just a crusade against those darned tin cans, who better to vent your frustration on than some hapless robots?
🌠 emesis blue WRECKED me . raise your hand if emesis blue WRECKED you. in all seriousness, i am open to doing anything based around emesis blue, whether it's a direct followup to the movie (did dr. ludwig respawn again? where does jane go from here? wtf was up with dell?) or something loosely based around it.
🌠 a big ole red v blu roleplay. team red consists of the main 9, while team blu is fully comprised of our ocs. we both play 4 from one team and 5 from another, and then we work from there!

if anything here tickles your fancy then feel free to acquaint yourself with my inbox which, like a poorly-made cupboard, is always open. see you then!

Last edited:
bump!

how embarrassing! zey let a man of science escape with ze papers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back