Experiences Do I even bother pitching roleplays on this site anymore?

And how ARE you finding Discord? I've tried my hand at it. Joined since before they were mobile friendly, actually. Personally, I find the community there to be a bit too "immediate response or nothing", and not at the "lit level" that I'm looking for. It's weird because their RP servers will often have those assignable roles that everyone seems to love slapping on, and oftentimes there is a "literacy role" with Advanced Lit and Novella as options. Yet, no one actually posts in either manner.

And that's if the server is even active. I mean, sure they bump it. but the only thing going on is memes and gen chat channels. and no actual RPing.
It depends on the community. It takes some searching that's for certain good vibe group. I love love love love I can not say love enough. The ease of creating your own private server catered to your needs. Nothing like the sweet satisfaction of having all your information at the tips of your fingers. I've role-played in all sorts of ways but I am the most excited for discord role-playing. I've seen it done really great I've seen it done really poorly. For myself, I just am so extremely excited about creating a successful role play on discord. I've had some experience here and there. It can take some time. . Currently I'm working on a role play on discord that is a mix of text-based role play dice campaigns. That has the potential of being difficult on a forum-based site. I also love bots like robots do all the moding for you.

And for like the quick posts. You can always set timers, which I use like one hundred percent I don't want people posting every five minutes lol. BUT I will say it takes some dedication to find the right group. And not the elitist pricks from those discord servers that are like "blah blah we have been a server since the dawn of time blah blah we are elitist meanies blah".

It's certainly a process but it has soo much promise so I've moved a lot of my rps there.

I'm really starting to get fed up with people ghosting me on this site. Recently, I bumped my search thread and someone responded to it, but shortly after I made the thread for the RP we were going to do, this person went and ghosted me just like the rest of them. Now I'm really starting to wonder if I even bother trying to continue putting my interest checks out there or reaching out to people if this is going to happen like 99.9% of the time on this site. Maybe once the roleplays I currently have ongoing wrap up, I should honestly get out of the roleplaying pool on this site and just stick to hosting my Random question of the day thread because it's clear to me that I'm not gonna be getting anywhere with roleplaying on this site.

I get you. I've tried various things to get more attention and/or try to avoid ghosting, but in the end I can't compromise everything for a partner. Maybe what I want just doesn't match with what everybody else wants. If it doesn't work then it doesn't. I've moved on to other hobbies.

You have niche interests and an age cap. You’re looking for a unicorn. I agree with what Onmyoji said tho just search thru the interest checks and you might have better luck that way. People that post interest checks are less likely to ghost bc you’re personally reading over their ad to see if it vibes with you. No one’s judgement is 100% on point so you’re still going to experience ghosting but I would bet not nearly as much as you are now.

You have niche interests and an age cap. You’re looking for a unicorn. I agree with what Onmyoji said tho just search thru the interest checks and you might have better luck that way. People that post interest checks are less likely to ghost bc you’re personally reading over their ad to see if it vibes with you. No one’s judgement is 100% on point so you’re still going to experience ghosting but I would bet not nearly as much as you are now.
I know that I have niche interests and an age cap. I know that's going to make things difficult in finding an RP partner. I know that if I want to find an RP partner whose interests match my own, I have to start looking for them myself rather than waiting for them to come to me. But when my interests are so niche and you never know the age of the person you're talking to on the internet, that's not giving me a whole lot of encouragement to try and look for RP partners whose interests match my own. I mean, 90% of this site probably isn't looking to do a roleplay in the fandoms or genres that interest me because of how niche my interests are. If I were to go onto other roleplaying sites, I'd probably encounter the same issue. And as a result of how niche my interests are, trying to find a roleplaying partner who shares those interests is like trying to shoot an ant into a shot glass that's spinning on a record player that's strapped to a running cheetah's back while you're riding a unicycle on a tightrope blindfolded. So why would I even bother trying to put my roleplaying ideas out there when 90% of the people on this site wouldn't be interested in them anyway?

I know that I have niche interests and an age cap. I know that's going to make things difficult in finding an RP partner. I know that if I want to find an RP partner whose interests match my own, I have to start looking for them myself rather than waiting for them to come to me. But when my interests are so niche and you never know the age of the person you're talking to on the internet, that's not giving me a whole lot of encouragement to try and look for RP partners whose interests match my own. I mean, 90% of this site probably isn't looking to do a roleplay in the fandoms or genres that interest me because of how niche my interests are. If I were to go onto other roleplaying sites, I'd probably encounter the same issue. And as a result of how niche my interests are, trying to find a roleplaying partner who shares those interests is like trying to shoot an ant into a shot glass that's spinning on a record player that's strapped to a running cheetah's back while you're riding a unicycle on a tightrope blindfolded. So why would I even bother trying to put my roleplaying ideas out there when 90% of the people on this site wouldn't be interested in them anyway?

😂🤣 Your comparison! 😂🤣

To answer your question, because you are dedicated. You post everyday questions and you stick with it. Some days people answer your questions with stimulating answers and some days not much or no replies but at least you’re doing something meaningful! Get to bumping your interest check with the effort of your question of the day thread and you will strike gold one day. Do you want 100 eh RPs or do you want your unicorn? You will have to work for that unicorn. 👀

😂🤣 Your comparison! 😂🤣

To answer your question, because you are dedicated. You post everyday questions and you stick with it. Some days people answer your questions with stimulating answers and some days not much or no replies but at least you’re doing something meaningful! Get to bumping your interest check with the effort of your question of the day thread and you will strike gold one day. Do you want 100 eh RPs or do you want your unicorn? You will have to work for that unicorn. 👀
Hehe, you learn a thing or two from watching Angry Video Game Nerd videos for years. XD

But I see your point about my dedication to my Random question of the day thread. If I want to find a roleplaying partner that matches my interests, I'll have to use the same dedication I have towards my Random question of the day thread and only that way will I find what I'm looking for. Thanks for helping me realize that. :D

Dude you completely summarized the General community here.... I have same problem. Those people should get put on a separate server so they can ghost each other and leave good roleplayers alone lol

Well, see it like this; if you don't try, you won't know and won't even get the chance to find someone.

I get that it's frustrating to get no responses, or only ever get people who ghost, but if you enjoy roleplaying enough to want to put an effort in, then you might as well continue to put an effort in searching/advertising.

Another piece of advice is just... don't rely on just one rp location like this forum. Try looking for other forums, platforms, Discord servers (maybe even setting up your own?). And if you get frustrated just take a break and step back from everything, maybe be the one looking at advertisements instead of making them all the time. There's no point in continuing to search and advertise if you're only getting yourself angry by doing so. Maybe spend your spare time writing down more ideas, creating more characters, or taking in inspiration from books/films/series.

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat Sooo, it’s been a while how has your RP stuff been?

I had written other stuff, but I realise you probably have enough advice haha

It depends on the community. It takes some searching that's for certain good vibe group. I love love love love I can not say love enough. The ease of creating your own private server catered to your needs. Nothing like the sweet satisfaction of having all your information at the tips of your fingers. I've role-played in all sorts of ways but I am the most excited for discord role-playing. I've seen it done really great I've seen it done really poorly. For myself, I just am so extremely excited about creating a successful role play on discord. I've had some experience here and there. It can take some time. . Currently I'm working on a role play on discord that is a mix of text-based role play dice campaigns. That has the potential of being difficult on a forum-based site. I also love bots like robots do all the moding for you.

And for like the quick posts. You can always set timers, which I use like one hundred percent I don't want people posting every five minutes lol. BUT I will say it takes some dedication to find the right group. And not the elitist pricks from those discord servers that are like "blah blah we have been a server since the dawn of time blah blah we are elitist meanies blah".

It's certainly a process but it has soo much promise so I've moved a lot of my rps there.
I love your enthusiasm! How has discord been?

AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat Sooo, it’s been a while how has your RP stuff been?
Not so well. I haven't really managed to find a whole lot of new roleplaying partners because of how niche my interests are, how narrow my age limit is, and even when I do find somebody, they either end up ghosting me or turn out to be vaguely immoral or unreasonably unpleasant weirdos. And I feel that no matter how much people keep encouraging me to keep looking for new roleplaying partners, my search will always be in vain. Sure, if I never look for new roleplaying partners, I might never find them, but when I do end up looking for new roleplaying partners and I can never find them, that's not really encouraging me to keep looking for new roleplaying partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back