• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

DnD-esque Recruitment/Interest Check.

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, this is something that's been in my head for a long time. I tried it on another site before, but sadly it turned into a spiral of the players repeating the same thing over and over again, and nothing got done, so I'm trying it again here.

Hoping for a better turn out this time...

So the main premise is just that, I'll be DM/GM in a RP that has DnD like qualities. Most specifically, DnD3.5. I say DnD-esque, because it's a custom campaign that I have, and instead of a set path the story and mission system is dynamic. I say dynamic, as in there is no set goal. There is no notice board where you can find quests set from NPCs that want help. Everything is shaped by player action.

Same thing goes with skills, at least in the campaign that I'm doing. Are you a fighter, but the reward for a task was a skill tome for a wizard? Go ahead and use it and generate a magic based skill.

Everything in the campaign will be dynamic in the way that the Players shape the story, I'm only relaying NPC/Monster response to their actions. You just may make an arch-enemy out of the town bard that stays at the inn.

Think of this as a 'social' experiment. So, anyone interested?

I find these types of RP stories quite interesting. What did you have in mind as far as a system, is it free-form or dice-based? Are there set classes or are the players allowed to create their own? (As long as their ability/power levels are approved by the GM (you), of course)... And you said that there is no set campaign plot line, do you have an idea for at least a few possible different story paths, or are you planning on creating them as you come to them?

So basically you're the dungeon master and we are your guinea pigs. I like it. I'll need a little education if you want detailed character sheets. I have a character I would like to use. I have her small profile saved on another site. I haven't rolled stats yet since I'm not sure which roleplay I'll be using her for. Let me know when and if you get this up and running~

Sorry, about not posting sooner, I wasn't alerted of any posts here.

@Stickdom I'll be answering your questions in order of them being asked... It's a bit of both, the player decides to do an action, and I roll a die (or more... depending on the action.) which decides the success rate of said action. If you want to get more into it, you can feel free to roll your own dice. I do it that way so it's not to difficult for people who haven't really done any DnD before. There will be classes yes, but players are free to do what ever they wish with their characters. I'll be making a list of them, that will be in the RP, but feel free to request one that you want if its not on said list. Same thing goes with races. And finally, yes. There's a few story paths I have planned, but they only go to about level 8 or so...

@GardeniaSky What all would you need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back