Advice/Help DMing for first time!

Junn

Easily startled.
So, I apologize if this is the incorrect place for this thread, but I need some help! Me and a few members of my family play D&D once a week, and this summer, I will be the Dungeon Master for the very first time. Which I am ultra excited about, but also nervous because I'm trying to make a cool idea but don't know what I'm really doing. ovo;;

Basically, I want the players to start off as slaves from various kingdoms. Every year, the leaders of these kingdoms come together to spectate a game in which each leader selects a few of their slaves to participate. This 'game' is a labyrinth, and the prize at the end is whoever survives wins their freedom (on top of, you know, NOT DYING).

That, however, is all I really have set in stone??? OvO;;; I will be throwing a shit ton of monsters and puzzles and traps within this labyrinth, but some help/advice on some specific ideas would be suuuuper appreciated!

I've been DMing for a bit over a year, so while I'm not the best, maybe I could help. What were the specific things you were needing help on?

This sounds fun. I have been a DM for almost 5 years and have just finished a 3year homebrew campaign that ran from level 1 to 20. So if I can help, let me know. I run with 6/7/8 people... So I might have problems with smaller groups. The rules are a bit wacky with so many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back