• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Disneylanders

DisneyGirl

it was fun, peace out.

The Disneylanders

6fxv03.jpg

"When I was little, I lived off of Disney movies. Dumbo and Genie were my best friends, Simba and Tarzan were my heroes-----

and I dreamed of growing up to be

just like Ariel and Belle.

And here's the fun part no one tells you about working at Disneyland, or at least, no one told me.

It's that the Happiest Place on Earth isn't as happy and innocent as it seems.

No one tells you Mickey Mouse is an alcoholic.

No one tells you Elsa is a young single mom trying to pay for college.

No one tells you that, while Peter Pan and Wendy Darling are a thing, Peter secretly heads off to Wonderland to see Alice. When he's not busy with Cinderella or even Tinkerbell, of course.

But that's just part of the job. We're just a bunch of screwed up 20-something kids falling in love (or just making out by Cinderella's Castle) and dying for a little piece of happiness and Disney magic in our lives."

Hi guys, this is an idea that I came up with and expanded a bit with RedLipStick34. It was originally supposed to be a One on One, but I thought it would be a really fun idea to make this a small group literate RP, so if you are interested, and fit the qualifications below, let me know!

Qualifications:

+ Dedication and commitment. Be dedicated to posting at least 3-4 times a week, and please be dedicated to plotting and collaborating on some fun story lines. Please don't write pointless description like, "Sally walked around the park and was bored, so she got ice cream and sat down." Get involved. That being said, this isn't Gossip Girl or the Hills either, so when it comes to drama, avoid soap-opera/reality TV stuff. While there's plenty of room for drama, I don't want it to go over-the-top-roll-your-eyes-Kardashians-in-an-episode-of-Days-of-Our-Lives crazy.

There needs to be depth and meaning behind the drama.

+ Proper Grammar/Spelling is a must. Descriptive writing is a definite must.

You don't need to be poetic or perfect, just please do not be lazy with your writing. No one-liners. Must be

at least

a paragraph or two.

+ Unique and engaging characters, as well as character development. No Mary-Sues or stereotypes.

Give your character an interesting and complex background, history, personality and appearance. Have fun with creating this person(s). You can create 1-2 characters, and if you choose to create 2, please create a female and male character.

+ Romance, romance, romance, ROMANCE!

Feel free to get some love triangles, cheating, forbidden relationships, secret crushes and more going on.

Straight, gay/lesbian, bisexual is all allowed.

Just keep it classy, folks. Making out is fine, but anything more you

MUST

fade to black.

Ok, well, that's it. Hope to role-play with ya soon

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be playing people who work at Disneyland, which means you can play a Disney character/ride operator/security/server/whoever else works at Disney. You are playing a Disney employee (:

I would like to join as one fo the Disney characters! I love, love, love Disney (do not judge my childishness) and it just sparked my interest :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can this be true? My heart can't take it!

I love this! I'd totes join if there still room!

As for role, I'd either like a character and/or ride operator who secretly wishes they could be a character.

I'm all over Jasmine y'all. Haha, I got special dibs because it was my idea <3

As a side note for the roleplay and drama point, I've done my research and played Disney workers quite a few times, and the girls who play the princesses are supposedly running the park and pretty much the popular mean girls of the place. I think that'd be a really good storyline! So come join my spoiled brat parade!

Super excited for this!

Hey guys! I will be making the thread for this roleplay soon. I am just waiting for a few more people to respond. What am I doing is checking out samples of your guys' writings from your postings on roleplays, sort of "auditioning" you, if you will. Once I have enough roleplayers I will PM those of you who have been selected and we will begin planning characters and making character sheets. I really wish I could include everyone, but for this roleplay, I am focusing on creating a small group of writers who I think would be right for this roleplay. You guys are awesome. Thank you SO much for your interest! I will be getting in contact with some of you soon.

Oh, and also, I love how we have a Jasmine and Aladdin! (:

@DisneyGirl I have a couple RPs I'm doing in PM (' :| ) But I usually respond multiple times a day. No one liners. Always adds to the plot and I've been told very discriptive. Hope I make the cut (> :D )

Love, love, love this idea! I've tried to get a similar one off the ground before and it unfortunately didn't work. I'd probably want to play a non-princess female character, like Alice or someone.

I'd love to play a character. I was involved in a similar role-play sometime last year, though unfortunately, we didn't get too far before it died off. I also like that you're choosing a smaller group of people for this role-play. As far as activity, if chosen, I'll try to post as frequently as I can, though I'll warn that I am also a full-time student. Hmm, I'm debating what gender I want to play. I'm thinking either Ariel, Wendy Darling, or a male Disney character (still up for debate). I'm a bit indecisive, and may consider a villainous Disney character as well.

Okay, last call for anyone else who wants to join! I have pretty much picked what roleplayers I think would be great for this roleplay, so be sure to check your PM inboxes. Just one last question, does anyone want to play the the womanizer Peter Pan? :P

Idk about Peter Pan, though he's my favorite, but I'll definitely also pick up a guy once everyone's characters have been established. I'm just a little tired of playing players, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back