• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Discussing RP plot

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
hi!

Community:

Population is medium to small, people not normally living past 40 because of the creatures

this story will be set in an olden days time period, with the different towns being distrusting of one another and judging in their own ways, the rich have a mindset they are better then the poor, and some of the poor don't want this and therefore become rogues

The royals live in one of 5/4 towns right and the other towns are probably ran by wealthy families? Each have their own power that run through their bloodline. The setting is medieval, no guns, and a big market and use for horses. The humans dug up the colony of monsters that terrorize them today, who are ran by a Queen with and agenda, both of which no one is aware of yet.

Last edited:
I am present, what do you want to go over first the most in setting things up/building the world?

So, now that you want to join, what type of rp are you interested in? Do you have anything you really want to use in the story?

Edit: we posted at the same time xD we should probably go over the culture and community first after your finished explaining what you'd like this story to have

So a lot what you have interest in I do as well, My main thing were elements, for me personally though, in the scheme of not wanting things op and also in my opinion in otherwise losing it's luster, if characters can use elements, they only can use ONE. No one is the avatar if you get what I mean. I also would discuss if elements are the only powers/magic available, and what elements you would consider playable and that are elements. For example, to me, "Time" is not an element, but other people apply it so, it's just perspective.

I like the idea of hard to beat monsters, running into them meaning death almost assuredly if encountered alone. I like a fantasy, medieval style world. Metals may be used, even explosives but they're hard to come by. Limited to no guns.

An adventure, perhaps something with an ultimate goal, maybe something is causing the monsters to harrass settlements and people more often than what the world is used to and so a "party" is trying to figure out what exactly. leading to them having to travel different places, perhaps involving corrupted people, both in power by wealth or politics, and mercenaries, thieves, guilds, etc.

YESSSSS!!!! I love everything! Absolutely everything in that post! I would consider elements as more of a Avatar thing (I see you made a reference to that ;) ) but I do agree that no one should be able to use more then one element at a time. As for other magic, I will allow it but I'd probably make up powers instead of letting people chose their own (With the exception that if they contacted us about it and we approved of the power as a new one). I love the no guns thing, I don't like when it's too easy to kill people. I also love adventures, and a nice story plot would be great!

So for right now, my main questions are

1. How large is the population

2. How do people act around one another (ex: aggressively or kindly?

3. Is there going to be some sort of conflict between wealthy and poor?

4. How are those people treated?

We can go over each to figure out the best community.

So you're in the opinion of being able to use more than one element is acceptable, but they cannot use more than one at one time? If we do that, I think we should also make sure that how they learned more than one element or accessed one makes sense. Maybe a stone, a pivoting point in their life, etc. I'm personally ok if we don't involve nay other magic besides the elements. The elements make it simpler, and it's still enough power to use and be creative with, how creative one gets with it just depends on the player.

1. For these questions I will answer as if you mean the overall world. I am not particularly good at numbers so I am not sure what quantity small, medium, and large numbers are. but I imagine something what we would consider as medium to small nowadays. Maybe many children are born but the expectancy to survive to adulthood is poor. Maybe people don't make it past their 40s (I'm guessing) because of upsetting someone with power or talent and vendetta, or coming across monsters.

2. This could depend on the different towns. Maybe you have one that's friendly and one that's exceptionally distrustful to outsiders and "can't be too careful." Maybe one town offers protection in return for indentured servitude. Maybe one place only treats you fairly if they think you are strong/can hold your own and bully the weak-appearing. Maybe a town judges you by your image.

3. There could be. It's possible that the wealthy can afford more protection, and depending on their position, they may be expected to help secure a village but may fail to do so. Are they unfairly wealthy, do they abuse how they "earn" money, how they pay it? What is it that the poor believe is unfair in regards to the wealthier. or is it just because they have money and a seemingly comfortable life where they do not?

4. By Those people, are we speaking of the poor, or everyone generally? People with powers or elements likely have expectations or stigmas associated to them, at least if there are people who do not possess the same ability. If there are slaves or indentured servants, they could be treated poorly or fairly depending on their superiors. People of the same class likely share relatability, where as those who are of different class may look down on or pity others. There's the very real possibility that some people don't care about other people's problems despite having the opportunity to aid them.

About the elements, I meant they shouldn't be able to use more then one element ever. Sorry if I'm being confusing xD. I would prefer other powers can be possible other than elements simply because it allows people to be more creative with their characters.

As for the population, I agree that it should be small to medium and your reasoning is good, so we can stick with that

For the kindness, I like the idea that each town differs. I would like there to be some distrust coming from each though (I was thinking maybe the creatures can have to do with that?)

I think the wealthy should have more advantages and treat the poor badly, some even going so far as to take them as slaves.

And by those people, I meant the wealthy and poor, sorry for the confusion. I think the wealthy should have a view on life like they are better than the poor, but a few of the poor won't take their crap and go off as rogues.

Also a little off topic, I was thinking maybe they can be in a "I'm going to ride my horse to an Inn" time zone?

OK yes I prefer that, I was a little confused because. Alright. In that case, what powers were you thinking about?

Yes, I am sure there is still distrust and wariness anytime a traveller or outsider enters a town. Which can also be good because then that means the characters may have to stay longer in one place to earn trust and benefits and thus a gateway to getting into things in that town and knowledge or clues they otherwise wouldn't get.

I am down for both of these concepts in regards to the wealthy and the poor.

Yes! I'd love that idea. Wagons too maybe, but not as often.

I love that! And for the powers I would just think of small things like maybe someone can sense things easier by being able to feel vibrations easier and hear better. Other things too but I would have to think about it.

So have we agreed that this story will be set in an olden days time period, with the different towns being distrusting of one another and judging in their own ways, the rich have a mindset they are better then the poor, and some of the poor don't want this and therefore become rogues?

So I've been requested by another person to build a world, if they liked our story idea so far would you mind if they helped too? (I have no opinion so don't be obligated to pick yes or no)

How many towns do you want involved. I think we should start with a small number first, or even just build the first town and then go to the next one.

I also think we should go over what elements you are wanting involved in this or when you mentioned the avatar you also meant just the 4, plus their subclasses?

As for the monsters do you want them made of shadow/darkness, grotesque creatures that look to have animal traits instead of ethereal/undead aesthetics? Do these monsters have powers beyond physical strength and senses?

Hello, im glad you took interest! As for the elements I was thinking fire water earth and air, which are the ones I'm most familiar with (note: I've never watched avatar fully so I don't know the sub classes well)

As for the towns I was thinking maybe 4 to 5, with smaller things in between and an option that leads off map.

The creatures I was thinking maybe they can shapeshift a bit? But they look realistic and fleshy and hairy and furry and toothy. DIsGUsTing

Any opinions?

Hello!

So what I'm gathering so far is a world not unlike something in Skyrim and Dungeons and Dragons? With of course the exceptions. I enjoy the elemental aspect, and I agree it should be limited, just to make things easier. Perhaps it could in a way work as a caste system? It was mentioned about the difference between the wealthy and the poor, so perhaps one element favors the royal blood lines and such?

I also enjoy the darker age setting, though are we thinking medieval or sort of a early 18th century feel?

Also with the monsters, what is the source? What is their goal/mission? Are they simply born/created or were they once human? Also are we going the fantasy route with different races such as elves or more of a realistic approach?

I was thinking more of the 18th century, and as for the creatures we haven't really gotten to that point yet. I was thinking maybe they were more of a hivemind, where a queen controls its little ants to do things for it..

For the fantasy races, maybe? I personally like making up new races and think it would be a cool thing, but you guys can discuss that and decide whether or not we implement it.

I've never actually placed DnD or Skyrim so I'm not familiar with that but I think I get what your talking about, I'm going to wait for Origin on this one though

I'm not sure if it's lie D&D, I have never played, but I have touched on Skyrim, and I think that sounds right but less complex perhaps?

It appears more medieval, there are no guns, and the closest thing to gunpowder are explosives which are really hard to get. There are no cars, and you can take your "horse to the inn" and tie it up there.

I don't like the idea that the elements only or mostly favor royal blood lines, or the wealthy.

We can talk about the monster's mission but they may be aimless animals? They might be connected to a single mind, a hive. That would be interesting if they were made from humans somehow but how so or are we going zombie style?

I'm not sure if it's lie D&D, I have never played, but I have touched on Skyrim, and I think that sounds right but less complex perhaps?

It appears more medieval, there are no guns, and the closest thing to gunpowder are explosives which are really hard to get. There are no cars, and you can take your "horse to the inn" and tie it up there.

I don't like the idea that the elements only or mostly favor royal blood lines, or the wealthy.

We can talk about the monster's mission but they may be aimless animals? They might be connected to a single mind, a hive. That would be interesting if they were made from humans somehow but how so or are we going zombie style?
Oh shoot I completely messed up time zones, I ment mideval xD

I don't think the creatures should be completely mindless, maybe the queen can have an agenda? Even if it's just to kill. And for the bloodlines thing, I do think it should be free of that. Maybe if anything there could be a special power for the royals but not the elements

Lmao no worries, I like the medieval idea a lot.

What I meant with the elements is that one particular one favors royals, such as water for example, but it's just an idea and I'm okay with or without it! I'm pretty much down for anything when it comes to roleplays.

I think the aimless animals one would be interesting, especially if there is a hive mind tactic, it always makes for some spooky shit especially if the characters of the world don't know it. Or even a plot twist regarding them, idk.

Yes! And as for the humans causing it thing, maybe they didn't create it but they caused it? Maybe we can go full out movie style and go with the humans digging for something and they broke into a colony, therefore releasing them to the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back