• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Dirty Dead

Transparent

Dirty Dead
helicopter-apocalypse-now%20.gif

Briefing
The heavy riffs of AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" seemed to do battle with the loud engines of the Huey as the aircraft flies laden with troops low over the water. The Huey is stuffed hip to shoulder with a squad of five marines, each seasoned and prepared for the task ahead. At the cockpit stands a gruff looking man with a cigar between his lips. A captain's star emblazes each shoulder and catches the light as the man turns to survey the five soldiers before him.

"Alright, listen up!" The man barks, the cigar somehow remaining firmly sandwiched as the man speaks. "I'm Captain Beck, your new CO from here out. Last 24 hours have been hell, as we all know. Fuckin undead attacking the living? Far above my fucking pay grade to understand. What I do understand is that Marine One is down and HVT 1 and HVT 2 are stranded on capital hill."

Captain Beck pauses, taking a long drag on his cigar and looking each soldier up and down before proceeding, "It's our fuckin job to get them out of there, safe and unbitten. We're going in with two other squads and a sizeable amount of close air support. While we drop in from the roof the other two squads will enter from separate wings of the building. Friendlies will be in a live fire zone so do watch your fire. Now we don't know a whole lot about our enemy other than a shot to the block does em in, so pick your targets carefully and maintain a safe distance, exposure will result in you being put down on the spot. I know it sounds bad but so far no one has survived exposure, we can't risk it."

Captain Beck stops once more, slowly pulling the cigar from his lips and exhaling slowly before he continues, "It's up to us to get in, secure the VIPs, and get out. Extract point will be back on the rooftop. We pull this off and we'll be back on our way to the USS Eisenhower, get it? Got it? Good. Boots on the ground in 15, ready up!"

Hello, welcome to Dirty Dead, a zombie apocalypse RP aimed to have some direction and focus to give players a real goal and chance to explore the apocalypse from a different angle. We'll be accepting three players for a small five-man group that will start off running missions from the USS Eisenhower. I encourage those three players to contribute ideas they might have for missions or the plot as a whole. Eventually, the group will move off of the carrier should things start to stagnate. The three open positions are for the 3 Marine Corps 2nd Lieutenants in the squad. The other two spots will be occupied by Captain Beck and a yet created 1st Lieutenant by the other GM of the RP.

Those that are interested may reply below. The application process will be selective based on the amount of interest. Should there be enough interest we may debate the creation of a second squad.

Welcome to the apocalypse, soldier.

Of course, I welcome the variety actually. It'll provide a different dynamic to the squad.
She´ll be a trained precisionshooter (sniper), however of course have the basic training on normal things. Also maybe, she´ll be a canadian, that has been sent to join the U.S forces.

I don't want to cramp anyone's creativity but to a point I must, characters will need to fit a set template. Marine Corps, 2nd Lieutenants which is the first CO rank. Commonly this is for academy graduates that lack field experience but this squad will be made of prior enlisted Marines who've risen to the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.

I don't want to cramp anyone's creativity but to a point I must, characters will need to fit a set template. Marine Corps, 2nd Lieutenants which is the first CO rank. Commonly this is for academy graduates that lack field experience but this squad will be made of prior enlisted Marines who've risen to the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.
That meaning they do not lack field experience? Also none of this actually goes against the trained sniper plan. At leasts i can´t see how. I do not have that much knowledge of US Marine´s, so i can only go after what i do know and that´s about the german equivalent.

That meaning they do not lack field experience? Also none of this actually goes against the trained sniper plan. At leasts i can´t see how. I do not have that much knowledge of US Marine´s, so i can only go after what i do know and that´s about the german equivalent.
It was mostly in response to the idea of a Canadian soldier.

Alright, I'm working on the RP itself now as well as the CS, kinda came home from work and passed the fuck out haha.

Alright, I'm working on the RP itself now as well as the CS, kinda came home from work and passed the fuck out haha.
I´ll have a few questions once starting to create my character. On the boundraries of what we can d, background wise. Will ask them whenever you tell me you have time to answer.

Once I get the thread up I'll answer any and all questions in the OOC, should only take me the next 20 minutes depending on if I can find some of my old CS templates or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back