• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 𝕯𝖎𝖗𝖌𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝕯𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖘 | An Original Fire Emblem RP

Marlowe

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
resized.jpg

Naga’s love for Grima was what breathed life into our world. It weaved boundless fields of sun-baked grasses, the abyssal rime of the north, the jagged, white-capped mountains. Their union planted seeds in Zefir’’s fertile soils, and these seeds bore their first children, the archdragons. There were eleven of them, their names now lost to time. But as their wings darkened the azure of the skies and their scales hardened with age, so did their hunger. Greed guided their gaze to the humble denizens of the earth and, before very long, they departed from Naga’s light. They clawed caves into the mouths of mountains and vomited flames from their maws. Villages were lost to storms of fire and once prosperous homes and families became naught but charred bones and soot.

Believing that they would one day succeed the realm from their mother and father, the archdragons named themselves the “Inheritors”. Until they could become gods, they asserted themselves as absolute rulers of Zefir and demanded that mortals treat them as such. Those who resisted would be met with death… and sometimes, the Inheritors would bestow magic and children unto those who were most loyal to them. The people of Zefir, though terrified, complied with the archdragons’ tyranny. They built holy shrines adorned with gold, treasure, livestock, and trivial things that the Inheritors fancied while they did everything they could to survive.

Horrified by her children’s actions, Naga turned to Grima for aid. But the black-scaled dragon was pleased with their seeds’ ferocity and fortitude and believed that Zefir was theirs to subdue. Seeing that her very blood had become corrupted by avarice and greed, Naga banished Grima and the archdragons to the blackest shadows of Zefir. Now alone, she descended to the mortal plane in a show of sincerity and regret. The Hymn of the Divine Dragon takes great effort in detailing the moment that made contact with the peoples of Zefir and ushered forth a boon for them as an apology for the years of tyranny they had to endure. It is said her breath made the blight of her children wither away into nothing and the sweetness of her voice soothed the weariest of hearts. Her scales, ivory and iridescent, shimmered desperately in the rising sun as she spoke.

“Go, my children. Scatter o’er the fields, the mountains, the snows, wander as far as your feet will carry you– for I am your Mother, and I bestow to you my blessing. Walk in my light, shelter under my wings… and I shall guide you through the blackest of night.”

… It has been almost eight hundred years since Naga’s ascension. Bolstered by the beginning of an era of prosperity, the remnants of scorched villages built their homes anew. Such villages turned into towns, then cities, then entire countries. Kings rose and fell, wars raged– but peace would once again blanket the realm, even after blood drenched the earth and bodies baked under the cold sky.

It is the year 789 DD. Zefir has not dealt with a major war in five decades and its people prosper under the peace. But the northernmost country of Glaise, whose people believe that they are descended from the Inheritors, once again grows restless. They long to expand their borders and claim that it is their Khan who will lead Zefir to glory. As a war between Glaise and the rest of the continent looms on the horizon, something stirs in the shadows…
~~~
Hello!
Welcome to my Fire Emblem roleplay! I’m Marlowe, and I’ve been roleplaying for around fifteen years. I decided to take on a new name and put something up here to keep myself writing. Before you proclaim interest, please see below for some preliminary notes.

- Please be at least 18 to join. I don’t feel comfortable writing with minors, especially if it involves violence and killing people.

- Please be active both IC and OOC. Try to get at least one post up every week, if not, week and a half. If you need more time, please tell me, but if it keeps happening, you might not be a good fit for the roleplay.
- Have proper grammar and write at least 3 paragraphs per post. I myself am not perfect when it comes to my writing style, but I don’t want to get a headache while I’m reading your post.

- I am going to make a discord for the roleplay. I highly prefer it if you join. It’s easier to talk with you all there.

- Don’t proclaim interest and then ditch! Be serious about wanting to join. I want to try to complete this roleplay, so please consider how interested you are before saying you want to join.

- This is NOT a first-come-first-serve roleplay. Just because you proclaim interest before everyone else doesn’t mean you’re secured a spot in the RP. You should take time in thinking about how your character is going to be like and make sure they are enjoyable to write/write against. I'm looking for about 7-8 more people.

- A class list will be revealed to you once the OOC goes up, complete with nations, custom classes, and etc. For now, feel free to ask me any questions and I’ll do my best to answer.

Laguz and Branded are part of this world. However, Laguz are extremely subjugated on the mainland and kept mostly as slaves.

Definitely interested! Is this still taking players?

Since this isn't a first come first serve roleplay, anyone is free to apply. It's just that the more people there are, the more competition there will be

Another note, people in this world are very frightened of mages. Magic users are often ostracized; those who use light/holy magic are tolerated than those who use dark magic and etc

I still have to get to working on crafting the world and making a class list. I'm hoping to have it up by tuesday at the latest.

Since this isn't a first come first serve roleplay, anyone is free to apply. It's just that the more people there are, the more competition there will be
I still have to get to working on crafting the world and making a class list. I'm hoping to have it up by tuesday at the latest.
My followup question was going to be when signups will be open, so thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have for us.

My followup question was going to be when signups will be open, so thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have for us.

That will also be going up with the OOC. ^^

Would there be a following for Naga as a religion here or were all dragons ostracized after their little vye for godhood?

For now, we're gonna wait to see if more people want to vye for a spot.

Quick question; how advanced would this be? (Not about how long replies like you listed, but more of what kind of writing style)

You should post in the IC at the very least once every week. As for discord, just try to be as active on it as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back