Food Dipping Fries in Shakes - Yes or No?

Mole is repulsed by the very idea of such a disgusting practice. Only the cleanliness that dirt brings is acceptable for dipping.

oh my god, I used to do this all the time as a kid when my parents took me to McDonlands. It started out as a joke like, "I dare you to do this." between me and my mom and it just tasted so good. She didn't believe me, but when she tried it herself, she and I continued to do it every time we went to McDonlands after that.
I'm so glad the internet showed me that this was actually a thing.

I don't get it either. I have been told it's all about the contrasts in temperature, texture, sweet/salty, etc. Still, it just holds no appeal to me personally.

So I've heard a ton of people talk about how fries dipped in milkshakes is supposed to be really good. This isn't the kind of thing I typically do, as I'm a really picky eater and mixing things like that that don't usually go together always sounds wrong to me. But I've heard of much worse things than that by a long shot, so the other day when I was eating out I figured, "Oh what the heck," and got fries and a shake. I sat down with them, took a fry and dipped it in my shake, and popped it into my mouth, ready to find out what people were talking about.

And I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

I mean, it was fine at best. It wasn't gross or anything, at least not for me, but it didn't strike me as anything special. I remain of the opinion that fries are best with ketchup, or in the case of McDonald's fries, all by themselves.

So what do you think? Am I alone in this, or are there lots of other people that feel the same. Fries dipped in shakes - greatest thing ever or quite overrated?
DUNK IT! DUNK IT! DUNK IT!!!

I started dipping my fries in my shake because it was on a Kim Possible episode way back when (nostalgia!). No regrets 10+ years later. It's the sweet and the salty!

Yes.

Wendy's frostys as well. If I go to Wendy's, it's for nothing but a Fries/Frosty combo. Nothing else unless I get a soda. Everything else the sounds really good, but never is.

Eating fries and switching to milkshake can be good, but honestly I'd feel that dipping the poor fry in would rob it of something important; its crispiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back