Food Dipping Fries in Shakes - Yes or No?

AsrielGoatChild

Your Best Friend
So I've heard a ton of people talk about how fries dipped in milkshakes is supposed to be really good. This isn't the kind of thing I typically do, as I'm a really picky eater and mixing things like that that don't usually go together always sounds wrong to me. But I've heard of much worse things than that by a long shot, so the other day when I was eating out I figured, "Oh what the heck," and got fries and a shake. I sat down with them, took a fry and dipped it in my shake, and popped it into my mouth, ready to find out what people were talking about.

And I don't get it. I don't get it at all.

I mean, it was fine at best. It wasn't gross or anything, at least not for me, but it didn't strike me as anything special. I remain of the opinion that fries are best with ketchup, or in the case of McDonald's fries, all by themselves.

So what do you think? Am I alone in this, or are there lots of other people that feel the same. Fries dipped in shakes - greatest thing ever or quite overrated?

Disgusting, putting fries in milkshakes? Western civillization is getting more and more hedonist. We need to build a wall, and make the hedonist who thought up THAT combo pay for it!

Make Humanity Humble Again!

I think fries dipped in chocolate syrup are the best thing ever. But honestly, something just as good is chicken nuggets dipped in an oreo McFlurry ❤

I've been doing it my whole life.
When I was much younger, I accidentally spilled orange juice on my chips and proceeded to eat them. I kept doing it right up until I was allowed to have milkshakes - upgrade unlocked!
I wouldn't say it's amazing or anything, i just like it :3

Lotte Lotte PanOtterPus PanOtterPus Wow, those all sound even worse to me. For me, sweet and salty just don't. Go. Together. Of course, when you're as picky of an eater as I am, I guess it's less surprising. I hate when anything on my plate touches by chance, let alone purposefully mixing them together. It's enough to make me go insane.

I'm gonna have to try the chocolate syrup one, actually. But the milkshake... that just goes too far.
AsrielGoatChild AsrielGoatChild Have you tried McDonald's fries dipped in Taco Bell cheese sauce? It's AMAZING.
Also adding Taco Bell cheese sauce on top of a McDonald's hamburger is good.

Hall Kervean Hall Kervean Honestly, fries in milkshakes sounds better than in chocolate syrup to me. At least milkshakes usually have milder flavor, so they won't hit as hard.

McDonald's fries in cheese sauce actually doesn't sound as bad. That sauce can go on potato skins, and fries of course are potatoes. But McDonald's fries are fantastic on their own, so I feel like it would be ruining the flavor.

Well... I've never tried fries dipped in a milkshake, but I like the taste of fries and vanilla soft serve ice cream... :V

I've never heard of anything like that at all, and I can't imagine myself liking it.

Fries are served better with ketchup. lol

Speaking of weird foods, my stepfather once told me of how my uncle used to eat rice smothered with milk and salted shrimp fry.

I've never tried it personally, but my friends have dipped their fries into ice cream, specifically vanilla.

I might try it one of these days, but the thought of dipping fries into any other flavor of ice cream sounds appalling and gag-worthy.

I once dropped a fry into chocolate pudding and shrugged and ate it anyway. I've been doing it ever since. I love it, even of my friends think it's weird.

I'm a step down the crazy scale from my friend who dips pepperonis in chocolate pudding. *shiver*

Edna Edna Yeah, the milkshake I used was vanilla, and at least vanilla is pretty unobjectionable and the most harmless when it comes to that sort of thing.

Vanilla is the safest flavor. I mean, I don't think you could go wrong with any vanilla ice cream. Creamy, Vanilla Bean, French--I don't see much of a difference besides the consistency and how powerful the flavouring is.

Maybe Cotton Candy, since both belong in fair food.

Vanilla is the safest flavor. I mean, I don't think you could go wrong with any vanilla ice cream. Creamy, Vanilla Bean, French--I don't see much of a difference besides the consistency and how powerful the flavouring is.

Maybe Cotton Candy, since both belong in fair food.
I was about to respond and start a big food debate...
Then I realized you were right.

I loovvvveeee doing this when I get the chance. I can't say it's "amazing", but I've done it for the longest time and I really like those two individual foods. Combining them is great to me.

Then again, I'm someone who craved flaming cheetos dipped in icecream for a while.

I get tired of eating ketchup. I'll dip them in other condiments if I don't have a milkshake. Ranch, honey mustard, bbq sauce..

I personally really like it. But then I enjoy experimenting with foods and I've had so many bouts of food poisoning it's ridiculous: safe food is good. Know what isn't good?

Any type of spicy sushi with the word "bomb" in it.
Yogurt and pizza pepper.
Butter and flour. Just...butter...and...flour...
Unrefrigerated soy milk.
"Taco salads"
Brie cheese. No!
Cotilla cheese, heated.

That's just disgusting. Hell I even declare that's un-American.

Dipping fries into a milkshake is heresy. Heresy I tell you!

2po9pua.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back