• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dieselpunk with fantasy elements

Imaginarium

The Wandering Mind
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello. I'm just putting up a short and very vague idea, for which I'd like to find a writing partner. As the title reads: A Dieselpunk with fantasy elements. By this I mean the following:
  • A dieselpunk styled world set in a fictional universe or in the European interbellum era (1918-1940).
  • Fantasy elements should be an undertone, perhaps leaning more towards occult practice. Perhaps something Lovecraftian? Witchcraft? Something along the lines of the Nazi practices of researching occult artefacts to help them win the war?
  • Plot ideas currently involve some events leading up to a war effort and investigating some occult phenomena or related events. Esionage from other nations in an effort to prevent or acquire an advantage, etc...
  • Definitely a noir-feel.

Expectations:
  • Detailed posts
  • Multiple characters
  • Slow paced (I prefer partners who think about what they write and how this progresses the story) 1-2 replies a week. You are allowed to reply faster, of course. As long as your reply contributes to the story.
  • Have some semblance of knowledge about the time period and how people behaved. I'd prefer a roaring twenties sort of decadence to bring atmosphere to world. Detailed knowledge not required.

PM me or post below.

Hasta la Pasta.

This sounds absolutely amazing. I am more of a steampunker though, with a steampunk novel underway... meaning my history knowledge and technology-related writing experience pertains mainly to earlier periods. I'm not totally ignorant, however, so if you'd like, I'd totally give it a try!

Leave it to RPN to not notify me of replies. :P

Anyhow. As stated above: Accurate knowledge isn't a hard requirement. It comes down to a bit of common sense in terms of how things worked in such time periods, forms of coutersy between different groups of people. Like: How did civilians interact with military, officers towards subordinates or peers, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back