• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dice System looking for Beta Testers

Error 420

One Thousand Club
Hello! I've been writing pretty feverishly on a new RP system I can play with friends or give to other people to play and I'm in need of beta testers. Don't be scared that this will fall in the same trap as most indie dice games, suffering from overly complicated rulesets and subrules and strict mechanics. This game is very simple. If you like D&D 5e but thought the rules were too restrictive, this is definitely going to be your thing. The yet incomplete first draft for the rulebook is available at the following link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JOlX4ndwHWZ-AKg2I-KPlHHo-bSXNUa1zGGWz_hucic/edit?usp=drivesdk

As I am writing this, I am not ready for beta testers. There a quite a few bits of the rulebook that I have not written yet. If you have reccomdations, contact me. If you're interested in beta testing the game, post below and I'll contact you when we can start.

Playtesting will begin in a few days. A few important things have yet to be made, but they should take no time at all.

Would it maybe make more sense to combine movement and evasion, and introduce accuracy under body?

Would it maybe make more sense to combine movement and evasion, and introduce accuracy under body?

I think that's a very good idea, but I'm not sure on the name. It sounds too specific. Maybe renaming it to dexterity or agility?

Yup, dexterity sounds like a good choice! Wasn't really sure about accuracy, but just wanted to suggest that it might be better to take into account the character's own accuracy (in addition to the target's AC/evasion) when determining whether or not hits land.

Maybe it might allow characters to differentiate their focus between ranged and melee attacks? Giving noncasters more choice. A higher dexterity would make ranged attacks better compared to a higher endurance making melee attacks better. That make sense?

But the proficiency list already does that job, no? Given I'm not horribly misinterpreting this (in which case, sorry Dx), players can already choose/improve melee/ranged attacks through weapon proficiency (I see different kinds of melee proficiencies + a ranged one) so would it maybe be a tad redundant?

But the proficiency list already does that job, no? Given I'm not horribly misinterpreting this (in which case, sorry Dx), players can already choose/improve melee/ranged attacks through weapon proficiency (I see different kinds of melee proficiencies + a ranged one) so would it maybe be a tad redundant?

Yeah, I see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back