• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Detailed Fantasy/Fairytale Plots (Original Location)

Interested?

• Yes

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don't want to read everything

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll come back to this

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

RealisticFantasy

✯ Raccoon Catcher ✯
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

584896_5709ad4028588a91ca48d18c00594373_large.jpg
Alundor is a magical land divided into five kingdoms - Raeyllis, Ellon, Arid, Mïrarl, and Nimrasea ruled by five different lineages. Each kingdom varies in religion, culture, and diversity of race. In Alundor, quite nearly anything is possible if you possess both the aptitude and discipline. Interested in the geography, the languages, or the calendar? Want to know more about the kingdoms? Want to know how many rugmakers live in Vepar? It's all there at Alundor with more information to come!

latest

filler

fullsizerender-1.jpg

fullsizerender-14.jpg

fullsizerender-17.jpg

fullsizerender-21.jpg

fullsizerender-18.jpg
filler

What I'm Looking For

• Detailed writers (3+ paragraphs)
  • Writers that are good with grammar
  • Writers that like to double, triple, play NPCs, etc.
  • Writers that like to plot and make character their own

It's likely that this will stem multiple groups for the universes. I foresee groups being around three or four people for the sake of clarity but I'm open to whatever works. However, I highly encourage anyone that is interested to look for partners in this thread, use my material, and make their own groups. I will GM/oversee (i.e. read) all direct offshoots as a result of this interest check.

Available Lore Characters

These are some characters that are listed in Alundor's lore but yet to have a player attached to them.

• Queen of Raeyllis
  • King of Mïrarl
  • Prince of Mïrarl
  • King of Ellon
  • Queen of Ellon
  • King of Arid
  • King of Nimrasea
  • Queen of Nimrasea
  • Princess 1 of Nimrasea
  • Princess 2 of Nimrasea
  • Princess 3 of Nimrasea
  • Prince 1 of Nimrasea
  • Prince 2 of Nimrasea

Character Sheet Template

This is just the basics. Feel free to take the character sheet and run with it. The more, the merrier, right?

Code:
[border=5px double black][bg=white]
[imagefloat=left]
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/Placeholder_no_text.svg/1024px-Placeholder_no_text.svg.png[/IMG]
[CENTER]Real/Realistic image preferred
[/CENTER]
[/imagefloat][B]Name[/B]:

[B]Title/Occupation[/B]: (Queen, King, Duke, Adventure, Mayor, Farmer, etc.)

[B]Age[/B]:

[B]Birth City[/B]:

[B]Current City of Residence[/B]:

[B]Race[/B]:

[B]Gender[/B]:

[B]Goal/Motivation[/B]: (To slay a dragon, to buy a house, to find love, etc.)

[B]Background[/B]: (2+ paragraphs, why did they get where they are and have the goal(s) they do)

[B]Personality[/B]: (1+ paragraph about general attitude toward the world and disposition toward their King/Queen)

[/bg][/border]
Plot Seeds

Simple plots to inspire. If you have an idea, let me know and I'll add it to the list!

"Evil Stepmother"

The King of Mïrarl remarries to provide a mother figure for his son. The Prince, however, is not at all happy with this change. As his world starts collapsing around him, he decides to put the blame on his new stepmother. Is she truly as wicked as the Prince sees her to be or is his teenage angst make the situation far worse than it actually is? How will he cope?
"I'll Make a (good) Man out of You"

Out with the old and in with the new. When the king of Arid has to hire new servants, one finds that they can't stand his assholery anymore. But damn, do they need this job. S/he decides on the best of both worlds and plans to make the king fall in love with him/her. Several of the other servants place money on whether or not s/he will succeed and find their own ways to help or hinder. Will the servant prevail or is it once a dick, always a dick?
"It's Going to be a Ball"

The young queen of Raeyllis (played by me) has recently been pressured by her advisors to find a suitable husband. Though she has discussed plans of marrying the prince of Mïrarl, nothing has been set in stone. She decides to host a ball at the castle to mingle with the nobility of Raeyllis. Few people have had a chance to meet the queen previously. Will they be impressed or disappointed? Is everyone that gets their hands on an invitation truly nobility or are they just here for the food?
"The Rugmakers of Vepar"

In a city of over 8000, there are only two rugmakers and you're one of them. Competition is fierce and you and your competitor are constantly at each other's throats. It's become a city-wide game of sorts. The city is divided on what rugmaker you support and several people will come to you and leak details and designs of your competitor's rugs. Though you imagine they do the same for you. It doesn't help that your competitor is in the building next to yours.
"I Just Can't Wait to be King/Queen"

You've always gotten along well with your siblings but, as the five of you come of age, the questions arises: Who will inherit the throne? Your parents have never shown any sort of preference and Nimrasea has no gender preference when it comes to heirs. How will you swing things in your favor? Will you appeal to the people? Or your parents? Will you cheat your way to the throne or play it safe?

Last edited:
*raises hand* Question!! Are we to go along with one of the plots of can we create our own? Perhaps just create a few characters to populate and play them out?

Ahh, nevermind that. You seem to have updated your post. I understand now. Sorry for not waiting for you to get the chance to update it.

I quite like the "Evil Stepmother" plot seed and would be interested in playing the Prince of Mirarl. Can I just check what age you had in mind - late teens?

I quite like the "Evil Stepmother" plot seed and would be interested in playing the Prince of Mirarl. Can I just check what age you had in mind - late teens?
Yep. That's what I had in mind. I suggest reading more about Mïrarl if you plan on being the prince so you know about your kingdom XD

Same for you M Y S T I M Y S T I about Nimrasea

Yep. That's what I had in mind. I suggest reading more about Mïrarl if you plan on being the prince so you know about your kingdom XD

Same for you M Y S T I M Y S T I about Nimrasea
I hope I'm not being stupid here, but what is the Prince's first name? I don't think I've seen it on the Alundor information pages.

Updated character sheet template to include birth city and current city. Please add this if you don't already have it so I know where your characters are from

Alright, I've mostly created a small village for Jaull to reside in. I was wondering if that was okay? I've named it Waunkur and it's a relatively slummish village in Mïrarl. I've also named the tavern Jaull works in owned by her father The Lonely Griffin. I'm making descriptions of the city and tavern to add to Jaull's CS. I just wanted to make sure that was okay. :)

Alright, I've mostly created a small village for Jaull to reside in. I was wondering if that was okay? I've named it Waunkur and it's a relatively slummish village in Mïrarl. I've also named the tavern Jaull works in owned by her father The Lonely Griffin. I'm making descriptions of the city and tavern to add to Jaull's CS. I just wanted to make sure that was okay. :)
Yeah, that's fine! I didn't want/have the time and patience to add all the villages that would be on the maps as well as the big cities. Is Jaull's village in Mïrarl as well?

Yes, Jaull lives in Waunker. Thanks! I'll try to have Jaull's CS done as soon as I can so I can start in the others.

Yes, Jaull lives in Waunker. Thanks! I'll try to have Jaull's CS done as soon as I can so I can start in the others.
Oh, sorry. I read it at Waunker and Jaull's village being too different places XD Oops. Anyway, sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back