• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ꕥ Detailed & Advanced/Literate ꕥ {Open Always}{All Pairings}{Ignore Post Count}

Hey, woah! Someone else that loves Junji Ito! Would you be interested in an original roleplay that has some basis in things by Junji Ito? At the very least, the sort of aesthetic that his stories have? Also: I'm super interested in "Society is led to believe they live within a Utopia and Muse A falls under this umbrella, while Muse B, a wanted individual, knows the true nature of their world, and, in desperation, reveals this truth unto Muse A" as a plot seedling, maybe we could mesh those together into something cool?

Hi there!

I know that it's been a little while since you posted this thread, but if you are still looking for partners, I would be super interested in developing the "If I'm Lost, Then How Can I Find Myself?" plot with you. I love the idea of an angel/god/immortal being juxtaposed against an individual who has such a jaded history with religion and spirituality. I feel like we could do something really neat with that.

I am very flexible with post length (though my writing tends to be on the longer side) and post frequency; I definitely agree that role playing should be enjoyable and not feel like an obligation.

I love OOC world-building/plotting, and find it just as enjoyable as the actual roleplaying. I'm happy playing and experimenting with any type of character, and have no preference for writing a particular age, gender, sexuality, etc.

If you're still interested in this plot, please shoot me a PM! Unfortunately I'm not on Discord and do not have Skype on my computer.

Since you provided some writing samples, I've attached a little snippet of a short story I wrote so you can get an idea of my writing style. ^_^

The room was suffocating. Thick, textured wallpaper padded the walls, absorbing any and all sound, and a heavy, perfumed scent hung in the still air. Two large, overstuffed sofas sat directly facing one another in the middle of the room, as if trying to draw away attention from the wooden casket that sat against the back wall like an afterthought. The soft murmurs of mourners died out as Raina and her son stepped into the lobby, and she felt their eyes flicker toward her. Something burned in the back of her throat and lingered there no matter how many times she swallowed.

Raina took a breath through her nose and pried her fingers away from Juda’s tiny grasp, his wide, dark eyes following her all the while. She dusted the snow from her coat and hung it in the closet, before fumbling with the zipper on Juda’s. It got stuck. Her eyes welled up. She squeezed them shut.

Not now. For God’s sake, get your shit together, Raina.

“Need some help?” A man’s voice asked. It was deep and raspy. The voice of a smoker. Raina looked up into the face of a tall, smiling man with thick, styled grey hair and a prominent widow’s peak. When he turned his gaze toward Juda, she noticed that only one eye moved. Juda grabbed her hand.

“Those zippers are tricky,” the man said, bending down to tug at Juda’s coat without waiting for Raina’s response. “We’ve traveled to Mars, invented robots that can perform surgeries no physician would dare to attempt, and discovered a way to essentially eradicate diseased genes through Selection, but we still can’t figure out how to create a properly functioning zipper.”

Last edited:
-This is outdated and I just got back from a hiatus from being sickly but here's a bump anyways-

Before I give you the ideas I like, I would like to ask if you prefer someone 18+. I myself am 16, though I'm very mature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back