• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ⠀⠀⠀ ◞ 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲'𝐬 ✧ 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐨 | 1 x 1

Defender Of Stories

petals drip like blood.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

a 1 x 1 search for a trio dynamic
destiny's
trio
scroll
intro
I love shounen trios.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I love the idea of shounen trios (this type of character dynamic isn't exclusive to shounen, of course, but it's a common shounen staple). Adore it. Would die for it, even. But how many times does the canon material actually satisfyingly portray a trio? There are plenty of examples of complex, dynamic relationships between two leading male characters, and you know what? I EAT THAT SHIT UP. NaruSasu? LOVE IT. Soriku? FEED ME MORE. Yes, I am cringe, but I am absolutely weak for intense relationships like that between two boys—sometimes they're rivals, sometimes they're friends, and sometimes they're even enemies, but ultimately, they are deeply important to each other, and I love every second of it.

But so many times, these two boys are positioned as being part of a trio, and yet the girl, the ostensible third piece of this triad, is never really treated as such. We're told that she's important, but we never really get to see it. Why doesn't Sakura get to go with Naruto to bring Sasuke back, when she's just as much a part of their team? When will Kairi get to do anything other than be rescued? In a lot of these series, the girl is a love interest of at least one of the boys, and that's all she gets to be. Meanwhile, the fandom is eager to get her out of the picture because she "gets in the way" of the more compelling, complex ship between the two boys.

But you know what? IT'S 2024, WE DON'T NEED TO DO THAT SHIT ANYMORE. We can have that compelling relationship between the boys AND have the girl be an actual presence in the story, someone who's actually treated like the third member of a close-knit trio. WE CAN HAVE BOTH.

So, in short, I am looking for someone to develop and play out this dynamic with me. There has to be someone out there who's as obsessed with this dynamic as I am, right? I have two OCs I would like to use for the roles of the rival and the girl, so essentially,
I am looking for someone who wants to play the hero/protagonist of the trio.
The Naruto/Sora/etc. archetype, if you will.

As far as ships go, I am completely okay with any type of relationship/combination thereof for this dynamic. Do we want to keep everything intensely platonic on all sides? HECK YEAH. Do we want to work towards an endgame of m x m x f polyamory? LET'S DO IT. Just the concept of this kind of dynamic is so deeply important to me, so I would be more than happy to play out any kind of ships within it. I just. Need my trio fix. If you're interested in writing something like this with me, you'll probably be my new best friend. just kidding okay but maybe not really i'M SORRY I NEED FRIENDS

rules
one
I'm 27 years old (I know, I'm old, rip), so please be 21+, and preferably 23+.I just don't feel comfortable writing with people who are significantly younger than me, sorry. ;-; I will not write with minors.

two
I'm in the est time zone and work full time. I'm not able to have my phone while i'm on the clock, so there are chunks of time throughout the day where I can't read or respond to notifications. I miss the days when I could spend all day chatting and roleplaying, but that's just not doable for me anymore given my work schedule—however, please know that me not responding right away doesn't mean I'm not interested or invested! If I'm really hooked on a plotline/character dynamic, odds are I'm spending basically every second at work maladaptive daydreaming about it rippp. if we really click and strike up a friendship through our writing, I will make time for you, no matter what.

three
Due to my busy work schedule, I highly, highly prefer lazy lit to advanced lit. Back when i had more free time, I used to write CRAZY novella-length responses, and honestly my biggest takeaway from that time is that... writing super long, detailed responses every time isn't sustainable. It leads to burnout and stories flatlining super quickly. I'd much rather have a story that moves at a brisk pace; heck, I'd even prefer one-liners at this point to walls of text if that's what it takes to move the story forward. Don't get me wrong, I love a good wall of text when the situation calls for it! But every post doesn't need to be like that, you know?

four
I would prefer to keep our roleplaying private, so no public threads, please! I used to really enjoy making public threads on gaia so I could make pretty a e s t h e t i c posts for my characters, and while I do still adore character aesthetics in any way I can incorporate them, I'd like to focus my limited free time more on the writing itself, and I also just. Value privacy more and more the older I get. I swear I'm not planning on writing anything W E I R D I'm just a self-conscious loser

five
Please be open to OOC chatter. I can't stress enough how close to my heart this kind of dynamic is, and if we get a really good dynamic going, odds are I will immediately hyperfixate and want to gush about it all the time. If you're also the type to hyperfixate and gush, perfect!!! But if it feels like I'm gushing at a stone wall, I'll probably feel like I'm bothering you, and we probably won't work out as writing partners. ; v ;

six
OCs only, pls. I may bring up certain canon characters as examples of the kind of dynamic I'm looking for, but I'm only looking to roleplay OCs. I am totally open to writing OCs in fandom settings, though!

seven
Art/illustrations only for face claims, pls. I'm just not interested in using irl face claims. I've commissioned a stupid amount of art of my OCs and I want to use it, darnit—

eight
Aaaand, oh boy. Here's the one I'm most nervous to say lmaorip. ; - ; I'm sorry, but
I'm not comfortable writing one-on-one with cis, straight men.
I have nothing against them, I promise! I just. I have my personal reasons for it that I'm not going to dump on a bunch of internet strangers haha. ; v ; All I ask is to please respect this—if you're a straight, cis man, I'm not the roleplay partner you're looking for. I wish you nothing but the best in your search, though!

roles
a heart burning
bright
the
hero
Our lovable hero, the boy whose will is the beating heart of the story. Maybe he's not a perfect hero. Maybe he's a little reckless and stubborn. Maybe he's a little goofy and doesn't always take things as seriously as others think he should. Maybe he's an underdog, someone looked down upon as irritating or dense but eager to prove himself nonetheless. What defines him more than anything else, though, is his enormous, bright heart. A true sense of compassion is at his core, a desire to be a force for change in a world that desperately needs a little kindness. With an indomitable will, he seeks to do everything he can, to save everyone he can, even if they push back against him. Knock him down, and he'll just get right back up, grinning and ready to go. You might be able to bruise him, but you'll never break this boy.

I am looking for someone to play this role.

This guy. You know the stereotype—the edgelord of the group, the brooding one, the problem child. The total opposite of our hero in many ways, he's aloof, solitary, unfriendly. He doesn't want friends. He doesn't need them—or so he tells himself. In reality, he and that idiot maybe aren't so different after all. While they tend to butt heads, the rival isn't ultimately someone the hero he wants to defeat—he's someone he wants to befriend, to connect with, and somewhere under that cool exterior, that's all the rival wants, too. But there's a darkness sleeping in his heart, pulling him away from a world where things like kindness and friendship are able to enact real change. Will this darkness win, tearing him away from his friends just as he's beginning to understand how much he truly treasures them? Or will he open his eyes in time to see the hands outstretched towards him?

I would like to play this role.

the
rival
a heart in
shadow

a heart of
devotion
the
girl
Always underestimated, always overlooked. In series featuring this dynamic, the girl is usually left on the sidelines while the boys hash out their demons and undying loyalty with each other. Maybe she'll get to be a love interest, but she never feels like a significant part of the central dynamic. Why? Why is this ostensibly a trio dynamic when one third of the group is barely allowed to have a presence in it? I want a girl whose fierce love and loyalty for the two boys can be seen and felt in her actions, who is allowed to be dynamic and flawed and a true, functioning part of the group. I want a girl whose feelings are given serious weight and consideration and is allowed to make decisions—maybe even the wrong decisions—based on those feelings. More than anything, I want a character who is allowed to be a girl and a significant part of the story.

I would like to play this role.

plots
More than anything, the character dynamic here is what I'm looking for, so I'm honestly very flexible when it comes to plots! I do have some slightly more fleshed-out plotlines/worlds/etc. that I would be happy to share info on if you're interested, but I'm also just as happy to build a new world/plot from scratch with you. My only real restriction is that I'm not really interested in anything medieval fantasy, pure slice-of-life, or hard sci-fi. They're just not my cup of tea, sorry! I'm happy to discuss just about anything else, but some of my favorite ideas/tropes include:

-
urban/supernatural fantasy

-
superpowers

-
anything with a complex core power system (like a typical shounen, where everyone has a unique power)

-
dystopian

-
childhood friends

I'm also happy to roleplay original characters in fandom settings. Here is a non-exhaustive list of some fandoms I would be interested in writing a trio in:

-
the hunger games

-
your turn to die

-
nine hours, nine persons, nine doors

-
soul eater

-
harvest moon/stardew valley/story of seasons or anything adjacent

-
god eater/code vein

-
magical girl raising project

-
kingdom hearts

-
danganronpa

-
evangelion

If there are any fandoms not listed here that you're interested in, feel free to ask! And of course, please feel free to bring up any original ideas you have! Also, we don't need to limit ourselves to one of these, either—I am absolute trash for AUs. In fact, I'm terrible at making new OCs because I just get attached to the same ones, so I end up using them in a million different AUs—so if we're halfway through some kind of action-packed superpower story and you decide "a Harvest Moon AU would be kind of fun right now," SAY LESS. Honestly it would be a miracle to find someone as obsessed with AUs as I am but maybe? There's someone out there?

And, well, no one asked, but in case you're like me and also trash for aesthetics—I did make a
moodboard
with some of the v i b e s I'm looking for.

ART BY
NIJUUKOO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back