Destiny Court: Guardians of the Arcana

simj22 said:
Nonono, you're doing it wrong. You have to swing through a window on your grappling hook, smash through the glass and falcon punch the criminal as you land, shouting JUSTICE!

Hmm.

I mentioned this somewhere, I think, but I didn't go into details. The Justice tarot card represents the ability to judge wisely, and according to the rules. It is cold and distant, and would not definitely crash through a window and go "JUSTICE!". They do not look at what's 'good', but rather what's 'right' by the society's standards. Even as the impassioned cries of the crowd rise to shout "Release the murderer!", even if they tear down the walls of the court, a man driven by Justice will not, under any circumstances buckle his knees. He will deliver, as the tarot says, justice to the wicked.

Quote @Killigrew , [Justice] only looks at what you do, not why you did it

Also, I meant that Killi was going for Justice, you doodoohead.

@^ @ To have been quoted, I am honored!

And well said, Simmy. Thanks to your help, the ideas are a-formin'. Ice queen Justice. Calm, cold, analytical justice. Blind justice, the lady with the scales and a sword, measuring out worth for works. *^ *

simj22 said:
Even as the impassioned cries of the crowd rise to shout "Release the murderer!", even if they tear down the walls of the court, a man driven by Justice will not, under any circumstances buckle his knees. He will deliver, as the tarot says, justice to the wicked.
447px-Manlytears3.jpg

Uh, what Sim said. xD 10 drops of blood each, dripped onto the relevant Tarot card, summons the Arcana out and then they judge you - I wrote a little thing about it, awhile ago. I think the thing is horrible corny writing and hence this is the first time it has seen the light of day.

The card is of a very sturdy material, the finest parchments of the East, perhaps. Mridula barely notices; she is quite focused on the skull. It is only a drawing, but she swears she can see its jaw rattling in laughter, clanging against the ornate black border surrounding it, as her blood drips down over its face onto the numeral eight delicately penned underneath it. There are thin, spider-like flourishes extending both from the numeral and the border, a cobweb detailed in the upper right corner. That web is where the first drop of blood landed, after she slit her hand open and held it over the item.

This is a tarot card, and the Arcana it symbolizes – Death – is soon to appear. A semi-sentient god-like creature, it will look into her soul and, if it finds it strong, submit to its binding. If it finds her soul weak… Well, she won’t have to worry about it for much longer after that.

Whether she lives or dies, this card will have a hole punched through the middle, after the blood dries, and she has opted for a cord to be laced through it and tied round her waist. Either she will wear it each day from now on or it will be buried with her remains.

After ten drops, the being will show itself, and it will look into her eyes and know if she is worthy. It will delve into her soul and try to kill her and she must try and stop it.

One more drop.

What if the person holding the Arcana is already dead when the new one get's brought in? Do you have like, pre-stored bottles of blood?

Oh, man, that's a whole new can of worms - since death of a Guardian involves release of their Arcana, it can mean bad things, but there's the benefit of not needing their blood to break the bond in the first place. In which case the ten drops of blood from the Guardian-to-be will do - but it won't summon the Arcana like it would otherwise, the Arcana is wandering Ter unintentionally seeding wrongness and needs to be tracked down.

Guardians are the door to the Arcanas. Having them die is like opening Pandora's Box. I think.

It'd suck if any of the guardians died then, sounds pretty serious, lot's of bad stuff happening.

pls send help, its 2000 words and still counting i dont wanna write a novella pls help me

Users who are viewing this thread