Destiny Court: Guardians of the Arcana

Dusky

Succubus
Destiny Court

Guardians of the Arcana

For all OOC chat purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get on this shit!

@Aldur Forgehammer @Jaysun @Girouette @The Out Of World @Silent Justice @Newtype @tronethiel7

Okay that's a lot of tags O.o

Anyway... You guys start churning those characters out! I'd also like your input on something: Should we have multiple IC threads? I ask this because the group will split, and often. I hesitate because there will be so many locations and I'm just in general not sure what to split the IC threads based on. Ideally this would be a forum RP, folks. Alas!

What I'm considering is simply adding on the IC threads as the need arises.

Thoughts?

Dusky said:
Get on this shit!
@Aldur Forgehammer @Jaysun @Girouette @The Out Of World @Silent Justice @Newtype @tronethiel7

Okay that's a lot of tags O.o

Anyway... You guys start churning those characters out! I'd also like your input on something: Should we have multiple IC threads? I ask this because the group will split, and often. I hesitate because there will be so many locations and I'm just in general not sure what to split the IC threads based on. Ideally this would be a forum RP, folks. Alas!

What I'm considering is simply adding on the IC threads as the need arises.

Thoughts?
I wasn't aware I was playing. There didn't appear to be anything left when I was snooping around.

Ooh, 22 people altogether. Beautiful number.

In any case, I suppose splitting the IC threads should be like so

A for where the entire group is together, or the 'main' RP thread.

B for Group 1

C for Group 2

D, E, F, etc. for Groups 3, 4, 5, etc.

Of course, I'm just being simple and keeping it simple. There are more creative people in this crowd that could probably think of a better and more innovative way of doing stuff.

Tron - You expressed interest, and there is one Arcana nobody seems to want, the Empress - either way, nobody is guaranteed a spot except me and my co-gm, so applying can't hurt, if you're interested.

Hmmm.... @Teh Frixz mentioned it looking interesting I think ouo

Aw, hell. Why not. I bet I can eek something awesome out of the Empress. She does after all sound imperial. I'm going to have remind myself whats going on though. Haha. I'd probably back out, but you look to provide a promising roleplay experience.

Pleasure over preference.

So, do we basically just come up with powers that are reasonable and make sense in context of the Arcana's aspects?

I am going to have to pull out the creative stops to find workable abilities in this description. The fertility language is a bit too pervasive if I do say so myself.

The Empress has strong ties to pregnancy as well, thus some implications of things yet to come to fruition, especially thoughts or plans - things in the making. Let's not forget, also, that she represents beauty and nature. She alssoooo is linked to faith, to some extent - "what one knows from the heart." Things that are beyond doubt.

Here's the wikipedia page.

@simj22 halp did I miss anything?

I'll have to look into the arcana. ^-^ I was raised with native American culture so I think I might tap into those stories a bit... plus I'm a big ancient Celt buff... xD

I'd just have people put up their location or color coat their titles based on location.

multiple ic tabs should be continuous i think, or else it risks getting to be one big tabby cat mess.

Mind control, anyone? Eh? Well, restrictions do apply. Oh and spells that can damage the mind? Telekinesis? Are they allowed? Within reason, though.

Eeeehhhh - you're gonna have to PM me those parameters. I don't wanna say no off the bat, but that's.... eh

can i kill people with a snap of my finger, pls.

@Dusky , nah, that's good.

NO YOU GUYS STOP

If I can make DEATH not OP you guys can make your shit not OP. > :o

Anyway, the idea is that they have one throwaway easy ability, one that requires some effort but isn't difficult, and another that's hard for them to pull off.

No, I'm not asking Doosky if O can wiggle waggle my finger in someone's face and they suddenly stop breathing. That's just ridiculous.

I'm clearly not in charge here, but I would say good limits might be:

1) yes to telekinesis, but at limited distances and weight/size capacities

2) no to mind damaging, because the only real way for it to be useful is instantly, and that's basically an instakill

3) maybe yes to mind control, with restrictions.

a)
the more demanded of the target the more applied effort/time required (i.e. no immediate mind control at all, long intense periods of mental exertion)

b) the more control established the less mental function/personality is left to the target

c) the more intelligent the target, the less nuanced the manipulation

Sorry, those were just my initial thoughts and suggestions. Hope its helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread