Idea Describe your latest RP idea in a sentence!

The Wartrain SSE 1331 "Blackworm" has been rerouted from a standard border patrol to intercept a rival engine responsible for the sudden and brutal destruction of a vital mining hub, and with rumors flying back and fourth across the cars about what has provoked this unprecedented attack, the crew must steel their nerves and swallow their reservations as they prepare to pit one moving fortress against another in an avalanche of steel, smoke, and fire.

A group of friends buy, refurbish, and run a funeral home that does nighttime funerals, only to find out that they aren't alone on the property.

Three demons from hell hunt down three bandits, they cause a massive gang war while doing it.

A human botanist goes to a far away galaxy and meets many fascinating beings along the way as well as visiting a planet full of penguins!

Characters from various fairy tales, fables, and myths all live together in a fantasy world ruled by three beings: Mother Goose, Aesop, and the Brothers Grimm.

I was reading something today about mechanical devices during the Islamic Golden Age and it gave me an idea...

Medieval Baghdad...with robots.

A Fallout-esque style post-apocalyps world where the last surviving remnants of the IRS tries to collect taxes.

This sounds amazing and something I'd totally join.
I am so stoked that there is interest! I am looking to start that campaign (DnD 5e, all humans, some homebrew allowed) or another campaign running on a slightly modified late Victorian steampunk Castle Falkenstine system (sans the weird self insert ocs and the "swooning rules") in about a month. i need to prepare, and also survive finals.

teens have to turn into goofy little animals to stop a depressed jeff bezos from feeding the planet to cthulu

Eerie, time-and-space-warping forest of the fae summons humans who have made fae bargains in the past to deal with eco-magical disaster.

a guy bluffs his way into a god's inner court by convincing him he's the reincarnation of another god formerly in the court, but by the time the god realizes his mistake it's too late, so now they both have to play out this lie so that their subordinates won't turn on them

A bunch of adventurers delving into a dungeon knowing this 'dungeon' is actually a gigantic mimic monster that replicate an entire ancient ecosystem inside its belly

tl;dr: magic pastry shop employees fight the forces of evil while baking a mean banana bread

expanded: magic kingdom in a war opens a pastry shop in the overworld to fund themselves, but the bad guys started doing the same thing but with a cafe. cue the corporate sabotage and rivalry as they compete for customers

Last edited:
Adventurers learn that the villagers are not paying the giant tribute because he eats them, but because he plays giant bagpipes and it's loud and annoying as hell!

Government experiment girl is saved by her would-be assassian who can't bring himself to kill her due too ~inner turmoil~ and now has to be on the run from both his and her organization.

Hey guys! I made this just to see what awesome ideas y'all have, synthesized in a single sentence lol. It doesn't have to be your latest RP idea and if you have that many/can, you can describe past RPs you've created or brainstormed for. That being said, this is a thread for appreciation of ideas, not as a place to deliberately rip ideas off - if you are inspired by the concept of someone else, please credit or let the person know :>

I'll go first!

A Coraline-inspired horror/mystery roleplay where the players play as the children living with Other Mother (and various other side characters) who found themselves in her dimension quite similarly to how Coraline found her way in.

A circus roleplay where players get to play as various members of that circus; the drama will mostly come from the inner dynamics of members, romances, rivalries, secrets that the ringmaster may hide, etc.
Two lesbians in the 17th-18th century but neither can love each other for they are an ocean away from one another, but girl 1 comes across the ocean with her husband only to understand that her and girl 2 are perfect for one another and is pained that she wss forced into a marriage. (IT ENDS HAPPILY I PROMISE!!)

Band of mercs, each for their own personal reasons, take up a commission to map out a twisted hellscape dungeon that slowly sips away at their sanity and health.

(I've been playing an absolutely unhealthy amount of Fear & Hunger lately. For rules reasons, I can't go into detail on what that is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back