• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Derika - Land of the Gifted [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Oh, I see. Dodging the question on 'sisters,' Aya looks over to Ayane. They share a look like they are both deciding what they should do with their eyes, keeping up appearances as separate people. But really I was just thinking.

So, I join a faction according to my Gift... then what? I guess I'll ask. What faction would I be in, though? Maybe 'Unaligned'? More like 'Mental,' now that I'm thinking about it. Ah! But what if they reject me, because my gift isn't that useful? Or... I guess it could be in the right situations. Ha, I guess that's what Esther meant by 'scare you off.'

I guess during my thought's Esther was talking to someone else who walked up, a strong looking lady in a hoodie and jeans. I guess I'll wait until she's done to continue my conversation with Esther. Unless she prompts otherwise.

[Esther]

After responding to the hoodie woman, Esther looks back at the pair as they ask their next question. No harm in explaining to both at once.

"What do they do? Well, I guess you can call them the good guys? They're here to help fight of ETG, monsters, criminals, although the police usually handle those, the factions lend us a hand sometimes. Fighting isn't all they do though, people often have dangerous requests for some odd things outside of the city, and the factions are the go to group for seeking out help with any unusual troubles you might have. I'm not exactly an expert on what they do on the inside, but their main draw is having a wide variety of Gifted for any task you might think of!"

"Any other questions you three have? One of you might have a question that could help each other. Don't be afraid to ask!"

Ayane Katou-

Huh, okay. So, I could actually do something in life. Become a hero. That's... cool. I guess. Oh! Aya speaks up, "Ah! I knew the ETG were bad guys!" Ha! Take that, Mom and Dad! If I joined them I wouldn't be safe and nurtured! I'll fight off the ETG just because! So, I'll be a hero! But where will I stay... Do I get payed for doing hero stuff?

"What do we get if we join a faction?" I ask, Aya speaking after giving a scrunched up face like she was thinking.

[Vivian]

Blinking twice owlishly at the sight before her, Vivian takes several moments to sort through her own thoughts. Well.. it looks like I can either join the Factions or go through immigration. She frowns slightly, it wasn't exactly clear what the Factions did though. Free housing and food did sound very nice however.
Dragging her small suitcase with her, she makes her way to the butterfly girl and asks, "Hey, what do the Factions do normally?"
The winged woman responds happily, "We fight for justice and good!"
Vivian is taken slightly aback, "Uhh.. what does that involve?" Is this woman okay?
"We go around fighting ETG and helping people and making the world a better place!" the recruiter declares, almost childishly.
Vivian scoots back slowly, "I think, I'll give that a pass..."
The other woman's face falls, looking devastated, "But you'll get a cool badge!"
She examines the badge warily--it wasn't super flamboyant or anything but it also wasn't exactly something special either. Just a metal badge with 'Factions' on it with a wing sitting across the top. Vivian tries again hesitantly, putting on what she hopes to be a passable smile and forcibly injecting enthusiasm into her voice, "I might join later! I just want to get used to the city first." Please get me out of here.
At that, the woman brightens visibly and chirps, "Then I hope to see you soon!"
Vivian awkwardly waves goodbye to the strange girl and makes a beeline to the immigration department.

--

Vivian reads a pamphlet about the immigration department while she waits in line to be processed, although it moves pretty fast--much to her surprise. It only takes several minutes for her to wind up in front of one of the many receptionists. The receptionist greets her with a smile, "May I see your documents?"
She obliges and fishes her file out of her backpack, handing the man what he wanted.
The receptionist neatly folds his glasses and hangs it on his shirt, squinting at the papers. Vivian fidgets restlessly as the man examines the papers. I think I filled out everything properly... Everything should be fine.
After what feels like a decade, the man closes her file and smiles at her, "Everything is good. Look at the camera for a photo, please."
Vivian turns towards the indicated camera and smiles, the camera flashes and she blinks several times to clear the momentary blindness. She then waits patiently as a fresh ID card is printed out for her and is also given her papers back.
"Do you plan on using immigration housing?" the man queries.
"Is it possible to get my own place?" Vivian asks. She didn't really want to put up with a roommate at the moment. She wanted to relish just being alone for once.
"We're not the Factions so we don't exactly have the funds to give everyone their own individual room, but it looks like you have a pretty useful Gift so you can go over to our employment agency to see if they have anything for you. If you decide to go with immigration housing just see the receptionist on the fourth floor to get a keycard." (Note: the immigration officer will give you a keycard if you want immigration housing then and there)
Vivian thanks the man and goes off to find the employment agency within the building.

Elias Georgia
Goddammit, I'm lost in this fucking city

Elias was disappointed, after getting up from the once-available chair, he left to find the Immigration Building, something that will probably take only a few minutes to breeze through, which enticed Elias with the thought of just being able to fucking relax. He entered the building, got in line and after a good few minutes (the amount of time was unspecified to Elias but he assumes it was around his estimate), he made it to a receptionist and she kindly asked with an egregious smile where his "documents were". It turns out, illegally entering the country with nothing but your phone and some clothes was kind of a bad idea, Elias was surprised to learn that too seeing that his plan was fool-proof until then. Now he was at a crossroads, he was unsure if he should fess up that he illegally entered the country and see if they were lenient enough to give him a pass, or to steal someone else's documents, put some white-out on it and put in some new pictures and details and make it brand new.

He had to think carefully about it, so he occupied a chair and thought about his situation, not only did he illegally enter a country with no documents to speak of but he also just left the receptionist and her terrifying smile, which raises some red flags. So, his situation became this mess of a thought, so first, he illegally entered a country through a legal immigrant ship, has no documents that will allow him to progress further and now he probably has security eyeing him up. And with a good minute of thinking, he got a few outcomes and ideas on how to make them legible.
  1. Most Safe Idea: Walk out, wait an hour, walk back in, have the receptionist ask him about his documents, rinse and repeat until he gets a receptionist who won't ask him about it.
  2. Most Illegal Plan: Steal documents, find a forger, have them forged so that they actually say the right shit, and get the documents in to a different receptionist. He'll most likely wait a day in between each action.
  3. Most Convenient Plan: Just swim back to the US and get caught by the ETG, who knows, maybe they'll have some use for him.
  4. Simple Plan: Just ask about how to get the documents, tell the truth and maybe he'll actually progress through the damn process instead of sitting around thinking.
Elias was stuck at a crossroads, they all seemed like such good plans, especially the third one.

Ayane Katou-

Huh, okay. So, I could actually do something in life. Become a hero. That's... cool. I guess. Oh! Aya speaks up, "Ah! I knew the ETG were bad guys!" Ha! Take that, Mom and Dad! If I joined them I wouldn't be safe and nurtured! I'll fight off the ETG just because! So, I'll be a hero! But where will I stay... Do I get payed for doing hero stuff?

"What do we get if we join a faction?" I ask, Aya speaking after giving a scrunched up face like she was thinking.

[Esther]

Smiling at the pair's excitement, Esther responded.

"Well when you join them, and if they accept you, they'll help you with registering to live here of course, but afterwards, you'll get an ID card, a special watch... I guess you can call it a high tech phone on your wrist, and most importantly is a room to stay in! You'll be living in the building of the factions that you go into, and you'll even get your own private rooms! If you don't join the factions, you'll have to share a room otherwise, but I'm sure you two don't mind each others company."

Esther turns towards the flying girl above the recruitment group as she thinks of the other goodies they might offer.

"Let's see... she might give you a cool badge, and I think they have a system of points where you can redeem them for other stuff you might need. You have to help them out though of course."

As a last thought, Esther includes "Oh, free food too, I hear it's nicer stuff there. must be nice..."

Miyarkus sits at the inside of the local favorite bakery of Bobert's Bread. Well, at least his favorite. Thing's change. Ever hard your favorite snack's price universally grow up? Well, they also change the list of available bread, even removing their old recipes in favor of mass producing new ones. Enough about that, talk of bread isn't interesting anyway. Although that is the one you can only talk about when your Z-Watch doesn't exactly show anything these days; Miyarkus thought of going to the Physical faction head-on to see if they weren't hiding some precious bounties. But he knows that maybe he wouldn't do that. Maybe.

Money wasn't exactly scarce, but Miyarkus was on a very tight budget to get some new equipment. Not even to get a new monitor to buy for his gaming console, gathering dust in one of his moving boxes. He didn't need to consume anything anyway so those expenses weren't counted in his budget, but weapons aren't cheap, especially custom ones. Having said that, getting a scythe was like getting a gun at the gun store. Not excited to use it, but happy to be holding one anyway. Actually, Miyarkus was getting a gun (those are more practical than a sword or something. I mean, hello, modern firearms?), but cool weapons come first for this man, apparently.

No one Miyarkus recognizes was in this particular bakery anyway, so he's free to slack off, he guesses. There were a particular lot of kids right now since school is starting/has started, they're going to have to visit this place frequently for a quick snack fix.

For anyone around Miyarkus, a scary looking skeleton or a funny looking guy depending on where you're coming from idles by, just watching whatever was on his Z-Watch. He doesn't notice anyone coming near. For a veteran, he's not exactly in a cautious manner you'd expect from someone that old. If you can tell, anyway.

(Available; nothing to do)

[Alice]

Alice was unable to get the last person to join, so she is even more determined to make sure the next one does!
So when a nice looking girl asked her about the Factions, she responds, "A Faction isn't a team! We're a group of people that help others, enact justice on people, catch bad guys, and fight ETG! It's fun and exciting! And I'll give you a badge if you join!"
Noticing a crowd forming around her, she flies up again and yells, "Factions are recruiting! We have free housing and food! If you want to join, follow the poster!"
The abandoned poster from before suddenly sprouts wings, and the other recruiter drops it in surprise. It floats up next to her and slowly zooms towards the recruiting building.
Alice lands on the ground again, "Whew, hopefully that'll get people moving!"
Turning her attention back to the girl, "My name is Alice by the way, it's nice to meet you! Are you interested in joining the Factions now?"
Dooplighost Dooplighost

Dan Ryder

As it turned out, waiting to make a decision was actually the worst possible option. In the time it had taken, another girl with brown hair had walked up behind him, causing the ground to shake violently for a moment. The force was enough to cause him to stumble as he tried to get out of the way, arming flailing in slight panic. This was far from the first time this had happened in his life, but it didn't get any less terrifying.

He'd only gotten a short distance away before another foot came crashing down in front of him. There was no time to react before he ran straight into it, face slamming into the shoe. He bounced straight off of it, falling back onto his butt. A silver-haired girl was standing over him, clearly also interested in talking to the butterfly girl.

This was getting dangerous now, people surrounding him on all sides. It wasn't safe on the floor anymore. There was one way of getting out of this... but it could have some interesting side-effects.

He grabbed onto the silver-haired girl's shoe, and began to scale the side of it, hands grasping it desperately. Climbing was one thing he was good at, easily clambering on top of the shoe. This wasn't ideal, but it was certainly better than being on the pavement right now.

Dooplighost Dooplighost

As Vix makes her way back to the faction building she sees buses, LOTS of buses, and lost people. The street performers are out in full force.

Right, its import day. Lets see how many people hit on the slime girl this time.

Once closer to the faction building Vix quickly spots Alice, because giant butterfly wings are hard to miss, even in Brinkhaven, and notes someone walking quickly away from her before someone else steps up.

“Hey Alice, still doing great at scaring off the introverts I see!”

IceSolstice IceSolstice

Last edited:
Elias Tahoma
Option 5: Just fucking book it

Nothing, he had nothing to do besides contemplate his eventual throwing off the island, well he needed something to occupy his time, something to allow him to loosen up his head and relax. And Elias thought; Well, maybe I should go to a bakery. I mean, I am taking an interest in baking, right? So, he went off to find someone to direct him to the nearest bakery that smelled the best. Elias got directions and went to the bakery named after a 'Bobert'. Honestly, he was pretty sure he should probably just take a swim off to the Americas, but he had time and he could probably leave around night to get the jump on border patrol.

Without much of a thought, Elias walked in the bakery named firmly after a 'Bobert' and almost immediately something caught his eye, a fucking skeleton. Was he in a fever dream, is this just a fever dream? Elias has seen some weird shit, but a fucking skeleton?! Elias is shellshocked, he doesn't know what to do, approach, run, or just sit down and calmly smell the great aroma that bread gives off. He didn't want to go through the time to recollect his thoughts and organize a plan, instead, he worked on his instinct and approached the skeleton. "Hey Mark!" God I'm a dumbass. Addressing the skeleton as 'Mark', Elias sat down next to the skeleton and since he was here, he may as well get to know the.. skeleton a bit more. "So how's life?" Elias, when the fuck will you actually talk like a normal person, you had one damn job and you already fucked it up. His thoughts rambled on and on about how he was truly screwing up his immigration to Derika, but honestly, it could've been a lot worse.

Computing Magus Computing Magus

Last edited:
A young man approaches near his humble abode territory spot in the bakery. That's cool. The skeletal man removes his gaze from the Z-Watch to address the person that believed it was a good idea to approach. I'm not implying anything here, just stating the facts. Miyarkus seriously doubts this one is in high-school, given their looks... he thinks. They talk the talk, and apparently knows his name. Miyarkus decides to play along. He already has some guesses.

"The usual. The bounties pay good, but I'm quite bored. Breadsticks here at Bobert's ain't gonna cut it; they can't cut anything in the first place anyway." He said in a low, almost demonic kind of voice but in a casual way, like best-friends at Starbucks. Miyarkus drops this sarcastic voice for his usual, but still low voice without the demonic accompaniment. It's a funny trick he learned as he learns to progress with the magic mingling in him.

"Let me guess, you can read minds? I believe you're a newbie at a faction?" Miyarkus asks. There has been an influx of people recruiting for the factions. He's been seeing that lady with the wings calling on some newcomers again when he passed by, this time with butterfly wings.

Remembrance Remembrance

[Vivian]

The words 'DERIKAN EMPLOYMENT AGENCY' are etched in bold lettering onto the glass wall in front of Vivian. She grips the metal handle of the door and pulls it open, slipping inside to find a relatively normal office space. So far, Vivian is almost unimpressed by Brinkhaven. It was an entire city full of Gifted! Where was all the cool stuff??
Still, the normality of the office space was good. She's confident of how to act in this environment and saunters right up to the receptionist, who has a name plate with 'Margaret' on it sitting on her desk.
"Hello, I was directed over here by the immigration officer--he said that you could help me find a place to stay and work," Vivian explains smoothly.
The lady glances up at her from her computer, "May I see your ID?"
Vivian gets her ID and slides it across the counter to the lady, who promptly looks at it and scans it.
"Let's see here... plant manipulation, correct? Can you grow quality crops and grow them quickly?" Margaret questions.
Vivian nods in affirmation, "Yeah, that's pretty simple for me."
"The Factions are always interested in production based Gifts, so you could work for them."
"I don't want to join the Factions though," Vivian protests.
"Oh honey, you don't have to be a part of the Factions to work for them," Margaret corrects Vivian, "You'll be helping them, but they'll be giving you a wage as well as any necessary equipment you need to start up a farm. Are you okay with living on a farm? There's a house on the property."
Huh. That's pretty much exactly what she wanted.
"Yes, I'll take that please!" Vivian agrees excitedly.
"Alright, but keep in mind that you'll have to work for the Factions until you pay off the house and equipment they give you!" Margaret adds.
"I will!" Vivian replies.
The receptionist goes back onto her computer, clicks around several times, and a piece of paper is spat out from the printer. Margaret hands Vivian the paper as well as her ID back.
"Alright, show this to one of the teleporters stationed outside the building--they're wearing a uniform so you can't really miss them, and they'll take you to your new place!"
"Okay, thanks!" Vivian responds cheerfully. It was time to check out her new life.

[Alice]

Hands on her hip, Alice puffs indignantly at Vix, "Hey, it's at least better than last year! No one died this time!"

negativenull negativenull

[Vix and Alice]

Vix just kinda stares at Alice, “Yet.”
“People normally don’t die! Last year was just special ‘cause they wanted to try something new and show live footage of the Factions fighting the ETG!” Alice protests. And the bad guys won in the end too…
Vix holds up both hands for air quotes, “They.”
“The upper officials wanted it. It’s bad to shoot the messenger, Vix,” Alice looks at the slime and frowns.
“And who decided to not tell them it was a terrible idea?”
“I thought it was a great idea too! Until the ETG won...”
“And who could have seen that coming.”
“I believe that good will eventually come out on top!”
Eventually.”
“Anyways, want to grab something to eat after I’m done with this?”
“Ehh,” Vix looks around at the crowd, “It looks like you’ll be a while.”
“But we can get bread!” Alice replies.
“Why bread?”
“Because Bobert’s Bread is good!”
“But bread.”
“But Bobert’s.”
“But.”
“Bobert’s.”
“You know I don’t like bread.”
“Everyone likes Bobert’s Bread.”
You like Bobert’s Bread”
“I do like Bobert’s Bread.”
“I don’t.”
“Everyone does.”
“No.”
“Yes.”
“Only on Tuesdays.”
Alice thinks for a moment, tilting her head to the side. “Sure, but also Sundays.”
“Don’t you have a job to be doing?”
“Yes.”
“Then I’m going to go take a nap,” she says starting to walk away.
“Bye!” Alice waves, “I’ll pick you up later for bread!”
“Stop trying to hit on me kthx bai!”

Lacey Banks
Unsurprisingly Lacey only managed to catch bits of what the girl had said, she lost focus almost entirely when the girl flew up. Lacey began thinking about how a team was different to a group of people, she came to the conclusion there probably was a difference and she was just being ignorant about it. She was brought back into reality with the mention of the word “free”. It didn’t even matter what came after it, Lacey’s face lit up. It lit up even more when she properly processed what it was. Free accommodation and food.

Alice landed next to her and introduced herself, and it started getting crowded but Lacey was too preoccupied on getting free accommodation and food. To focus on anyone else but Alice right now.
“Wow, you know what. Factions sounds like a lot of fun, great job pitching. You sold me completely, and believe me. I will try my absolute hardest to join a faction and never stop trying until I get in. Thank you so much Alice, I’m Lacey. I’ll see you around probably!” Lacey said with a smile and a thumbs up directed at Alice, before turning and full-on running and laughing about her luck, towards the faction building soon after. Though she only got about halfway there before she abruptly ground to a halt, her laced flat boots skidding across the ground as forced herself to stop running. She had almost tripped over in the process, stumbling slightly before regaining balance. With her head in her hands, she turned around and walked back over to Alice, embarrassed.

“Uh, so sorry for dashing off like that, I forgot the badge...” She said to Alice with a timid tone.

IceSolstice IceSolstice WhipDing WhipDing

[Esther]

Meanwhile, another young woman seemed to be waiting to approach, Esther has never felt so popular before reciting her usual lines to the newcomers.

"Hello there miss! Welcome to Brinkhaven, faction business is off to your right, if not, Department of Immigration right behind me will help you with everything you need to begin your new life here. Would you like to know more about your options? Both have their benefits and downsides, but you'll be registered to live here regardless of your choice, so don't worry about missing out on anything."

Ayesha Nawaz

"No thank you. I've already made my decision." Giving a small smile, devoid of any real cheer, to the Police Officer, I walk - or rather, drag myself - in the direction of the DoI, shoulders slumped and not all that responsive to the world around me. Perhaps I can get some small job down the line while I think over my life, such as it is.

Lux Avispon

A sigh escaped Lux's lips as her approached the Immigration Building, her mask fixed firmly in place and her Needle's comforting weight upon her back. She didn't like the idea of having to register, just as she didn't like the idea of those Z-Watches you had to use around here. But the Bounty Hunter had little choice in the matter, her quarry had come to this continent and was likely somewhere in this city, but the chase had forced her to expend what little fund she had and if she wanted to continue it she would need to take some local jobs, which meant dealing with all the legal annoyances that people in her line of work had to deal with.

Along the way she passed a woman ( always_confused always_confused ) who was going in the same direction, but Lux ignored her more focused on getting this thing over with so she could get back to work. Entering the building she made a beeline to the closest reception desk, pausing only a moment to roll her dice upon the counter, see the result as acceptable before speaking, "This is the Immigration building correct? I'd like to get my registration done with and apply for a Bounty Hunter's permit if one is required. If not then just give me the directions to the nearest bounty board when we're done."

Dan Ryder

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!...."

The talk of factions had actually been quite interesting, if slightly irrelevant. He'd doubted that it would be much use to him - free food and housing was kinda pointless when he hadn't paid for anything in years, at least not in money. And he'd been somewhat sure that they didn't do little person-sized badges either.

Of course, all of that had gone straight out of his head when the girl - who he now knew was called Lacey - had abruptly started moving. He'd barely had time to grab one of the laces near him before she'd taken her first step, almost throwing him off.

He screamed constantly as the lace flailed about with every step that Lacey took, his body smacking hard against the side of the boot. It was all he could do to keep a grip - he hadn't expected her to run. This was painful, sure, but who knew what would happen to him if he let go? At his size, his voice was barely audible to anyone else, if at all.

Lacey stumbling was particularly unpleasant, bruising him a little as he impacted the boot extra hard. He could see tiny stones and bits of dirt being flung up around him as she skidded, some hitting him in the face.

Thankfully, the trial ended soon after, and Dan had a moment to catch his breath. He was panting heavily, although he still had enough to energy to climb up back onto the top part of the shoe. He kept a hold of the lace, though, just in case.

He was slightly bemused to see that he was exactly where he was before. He could still see the butterfly girl - Alex, was it? - and the general environment looked pretty much the same. That was... odd. He could've sworn Lacey had travelled quite a fair distance. If anything, this had seemed like a waste so far. All that, and he hadn't even ended up anywhere interesting.

Dooplighost Dooplighost

Last edited:
[Alice]

Alice is ecstatic.
"
It's okay!" She beams at Lacey and hands her a badge, "I hope you end up in my Faction, Elemental, but that depends on what your Gift is! Good luck!"

Dooplighost Dooplighost

[Lux]

"Correct, this is the Department of Immigration," the receptionist, a stern looking woman, peers back at Lux, "You don't need a permit to be a bounty hunter, all you need is an app called BRB--Brinkhaven Request Board downloaded on a mobile device. If you don't have a good reputation though, some requesters may turn you down since bounty hunting tolerates little failure usually. Regarding registration, do you have any papers?"

Sinsystems Sinsystems

[Ayesha]

Ayesha eventually gets through the queue in the immigration building and is called up to one of the desks. A kindly woman, Emma, greets her, "Hello, how may I help you today? I'll also need your papers if you have them."

always_confused always_confused

Lux Avispon

[Lux]

"Correct, this is the Department of Immigration," the receptionist, a stern looking woman, peers back at Lux, "You don't need a permit to be a bounty hunter, all you need is an app called BRB--Brinkhaven Request Board downloaded on a mobile device. If you don't have a good reputation though, some requesters may turn you down since bounty hunting tolerates little failure usually. Regarding registration, do you have any papers?"
Lux sighed and shrugged, "Don't have a mobile device or any papers beyond some cash and the ticket for the boat that brought me here." she said, it wasn't her fault that she didn't have a mobile device since her last one exploded on her, "I traveled light you see and didn't exactly have the luxury of keeping any of my documentation."

[Lux]

The woman across from Lux purses her lips, "The BRB app sources all their requests from a website--here I'll write it down for you."
She scribbles 'brinkhavenrequests.com' onto a sticky note and hands it over to Lux.
"There are public computers here at the department if you plan to stay with us," the receptionist searches around her desk, finally plucking out a packet of papers and sliding that over to Lux.
"Please fill these papers out, once you're done I'll call over a mental Gifted so that they can vouch that you are who you say you are."

Sinsystems Sinsystems

Lux Avispon

[Lux]

The woman across from Lux purses her lips, "The BRB app sources all their requests from a website--here I'll write it down for you."
She scribbles 'brinkhavenrequests.com' onto a sticky note and hands it over to Lux.
"There are public computers here at the department if you plan to stay with us," the receptionist searches around her desk, finally plucking out a packet of papers and sliding that over to Lux.
"Please fill these papers out, once you're done I'll call over a mental Gifted so that they can vouch that you are who you say you are."

Sinsystems Sinsystems
"Thank you for your assistance, I'll be back shortly." the bounty hunter said, nodding her head politely at the woman as she took the packet of papers and went to sit at one of the coffee tables scattered throughout the room. Lux didn't want to be here any longer than she needed to, as such she wasted no time before getting stuck into the paperwork.

"I hate paperwork." she mumbled to herself as she read over the third page, making sure there wasn't any detail that she missed.

[Ayesha]

Emma shakes her head, "Not at all! You'll just have to fill out the paperwork now."
The immigration officer neatly picks up a packet from a stack and hands it over to Ayesha.
"Let me know if you have any questions, and please tell me when you're done filling it out."

always_confused always_confused

Last edited:
Elias Georgia
Communicating Intelligently with a skeleton.

He's dumbfounded, a skeleton is replying, and even answering to the name 'Mark'. Elias was shell shocked, he's unsure what to do or if he should even continue the conversation, or book it. But, Elias didn't have much he could do, he was trapped, and he was unsure if the skeleton.. Sorry, 'MARK' would try to stop Elias if he tried to get away. Elias put himself in this situation and it really could've been a lot worse, so he's determined to hold a conversation with Mark for at least like 5 minutes. It's the least he could do.

Bounties? Elias glanced down at Mark's wrist, he had a watch, and a pretty snazzy one at that, Elias glanced over Mark with view of another person with the same snazzy watch, actually, he's seen that watch before. That watch! Some people were wearing it when I was going up and down the street. It could be that it's given to residents or fully grown adults, seeing that most of the younger residents in 'Bobert's' don't necessarily have them. His thoughts ended when he realized he wasn't looking to go on a tangent about it and he had a job to do and that's his top priority.

Elias was never one for work, but bounties that pay good could be his ticket to living life on the land instead of the edge, if he could convince Mark The Skeleton to bring him out on one of these bounties and assist him, he could make a buck or two. But that was for another time, and Elias was a little frightened of getting his head off-topic with Mark's voice being as low as energy Elias had left in him when he ran the 100-meter dash in 7th grade. Soon, after a few seconds, Mark The Skeleton posed a question, asking Elias of his power and if he was in a faction. Haha, a faction, man I really should have not left that fucking building. If only he could give energy to his brain to motivate him to do things but it seems he cannot, what pain.

"I wish I could read minds, you know how cool it'd be if I could? I could get the most guarded secret anybody has and just walk off with it, although that's kind of mean and rude but, you know." Elias' voice was in disappointment, and he can only blame himself, if only he got the longer end of the stick, he could've rose up in the world. "And factions, well... Let's just say I'm not as much of a citizen as much as I was a runner back in the 7th grade." He paused for a moment. Also for effect. "And, don't tell this to anyone else as this is a closely guarded secret between me and my family's name.. but, my gift is the extraordinary power of.." Another pause for dramatic effect. "Solving math problems really really fast."

He's not exactly.. lying, but he could've been more specific. If anything, Elias got the medium end of the stick, just long enough for him to somewhat appreciate his power, but short enough to where he despises it day after day. Elias is lucky if you think about it, this immigration to Derika could've been a lot worse.

Computing Magus Computing Magus

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back